Contact points in OpenStack
- (Abandonded) OpenStack Telco WG https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/TelcoWorkingGroup aimed to define use cases and identify and prioritise the requirements which are needed to deploy, manage, and run telecommunication services on top of OpenStack. This work included identifying functional gaps, creating blueprints, submitting and reviewing patches to the relevant OpenStack projects and tracking their completion in support of telecommunication services.
- (Silent) OpenStack Product WG https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam is an OpenStack developer community aiming at reflecting the needs of the various markets adopting the platform by creating user stories that reflect the voice of the end-users/operators. These user stories will focus on items that have traditionally been harder to implement based on the need for cross-project coordination and significant development time (spanning multiple releases).
- (Silent) OpenStack Operators Telecom/NFV working group https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-telco-nfv-meeting-agenda: It is taking up the work from recent telco-wg and trying to re-focus to better improve the NFV/Telco – OpenStack collaborations. Related emails in OpenStack will be posted to email@example.com with tag [telecom-nfv]: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#OpenStack_Operators_Telco_and_NFV_Working_Group
OPNFV related blueprints
The table below is a summary of the currently in-flight blueprints up until OpenStack Ocata.
Blueprint status can be "Work in progress" (blueprint being actively edited), "Under review" (blueprint is final and submitted for review), "Approved" (approved for inclusion, development work not yet started), "In development", "Completed" (work accepted upstream), "Rejected" (not approved for inclusion), "Deferred" (to be submitted for next release).
If you have a blueprint which you would like reviewed, email <firstname.lastname@example.org> to schedule a review on the weekly technical review call.
OPNFV project driving
Add independent alarm report mechanism
Abandoned (Liberty) in favour of Monasca approach
Event Alarm Evaluator
New nova API call to mark nova-compute down
Support forcing service down
Get valid server state
Get servers filtered by host status
Abandoned (Newton) Filtering decided not to be made to Nova
|Maintenance Reason To Server||https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/maintenance-reason-to-server||Doctor||Tomi Juvonen||Tomi Juvonen||Abandoned (Ocata) Coming back this when host maintenance implemented in OpenStack project where this can be mapped|
Add notification for service status change
(VNF_Geo_site_redundancy)Expose quiesce unquiesce api
In development (Newton)
|Push Type DataSource Driver||https://blueprints.launchpad.net/congress/+spec/push-type-datasource-driver||Doctor||Masahito Muroi||Masahito Muroi||Completed (Mitaka)|
|Adds Doctor Driver||https://review.openstack.org/#/c/314915/||Doctor||Masahito Muroi||Masahito Muroi||Completed (Newton)|
|Policy abstraction||https://blueprints.launchpad.net/congress/+spec/horizon-policy-abstraction||Movie||Tianran Zhou||Yali Zhang||Completed (Liberty)|
(multisite identity service management)Can't specify identity endpoint for token validation among several keystone servers in keystonemiddleware
Chaoyi Huang / Hans Feldt
Completed (Liberty) (Bug # 1405717)
OpenStack Hierarchical Administrative Framework
Add pagination query support for cinder snapshots/backup in a large scale system
Using Change-Since Filter for Resource Query based on a specified time period for better sync in a large scale system
(VNF_Geo_site_redundancy)Get replicated volume ref for DR
Work In Progress
new cinder API call to mark cinder-volume down
Work In Progress
Support forcing service down (CLI)
Work In Progress
Implement new Networking feature in TOSCA
Implement substitution mappings
Work in progress
Add validation for parameters
|https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tosca-parser/+spec/tosca-input-validation||Parser||shangxdy||Work in progress|
OpenStack Service Chaining Framework
Allow admin to mark agents down
(VNF High Availability across VIM)ml2 cross backends extension spec
Work In Progress
|Gluon||NetReady||Pike Work In Progress|
Meetings and Events
OpenStack Summit - November 6-8, 2017, Sydney, Australia
A three-day conference for IT business leaders, cloud operators and developers covering the open infrastructure landscape.
- Event details - https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/
- Schedule - https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/summit-schedule/
- NFV related conference sessions
- Telecom & NFV track: https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/summit-schedule/#day=2017-11-06&tracks=163
- Presentations with 'Telecom' tag: https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/summit-schedule/#day=2017-11-06&tags=3371
- Etherpad for organizing OPNFV related activities: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/openstack-sydney-summit-opnfv
OpenStack Queens PTG - September 11-15, 2017, Denver, CO
OpenStack related design event where project teams and working groups meet in person to discuss priorities for the upcoming cycle.
- Event details - https://www.openstack.org/ptg/
- Schedule - https://www.openstack.org/ptg/#tab_schedule
- Etherpads - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTG/Queens/Etherpads
ETSI NFV - OpenStack co-located workshop at the PTG:
- The purpose of the workshop is to bring the two communities closer, discuss overlapping requirements and tasks, collaboration areas and put action items into motion.
- Tuesday, September 12, 2pm - 5pm, room: Aspen, Atrium level
- Etherpad - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/etsi-nfv-openstack-gathering-denver
OpenDev - September 7-8, 2017, San Francisco, CA
Edge Computing focused working event.
OPNFV Summit Berlin, June 2016
Breakout session on OPNFV and the OpenStack Product WG: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/opnfv_openstack_productwg
OpenStack Summit Austin, April 2016
OPNFV and OpenStack are co-sponsors of the Telecom/NFV track on Wednesday-Thursday.
OPNFV and OpenStack Collaboration BoF: Tuesday, April 26, 12:05-12:45pm, Hilton Level 6, Salon G