This page is maintained by OPNFV and OpenStack community members to further enhance collaboration between the two communities.
Rather than establish a project for OpenStack the OPNFV community has agreed to work on establishing focus community groups where we will describe community engagement practices, identify community leaders, manage our contributions toward those communities and generally get ourselves organised well enough to be a benefit, rather than a burden, to our source communities.
IRC channel on Freenode for OpenStack related discussion in OPNFV is #opnfv-openstack .
Contact points in OpenStack
- IRC - You can reach out to the project teams, working group teams on IRC or ask generic questions on the #openstack or #openstack-101 channels about how to run the software or join the community. You can find further information here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC
- Mailing lists - OpenStack has several mailing lists to discuss development, community and operations related topics. You can find more information on the following wiki page: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists. For the complete list and to subscribe see the following page: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo
- Meetings - Meetings are held on IRC, for more information and schedule visit the following page: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org
OpenStack Summit - November 6-8, 2017, Sydney, Australia
A three-day conference for IT business leaders, cloud operators and developers covering the open infrastructure landscape.
- Event details - https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/
- Schedule - https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/summit-schedule/
- NFV related conference sessions
- Telecom & NFV track: https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/summit-schedule/#day=2017-11-06&tracks=163
- Presentations with 'Telecom' tag: https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/summit-schedule/#day=2017-11-06&tags=3371
- Etherpad for organizing OPNFV related activities: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/openstack-sydney-summit-opnfv
Related OpenStack Working Groups and SIG's
- OpenStack Product WG https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/ProductTeam is an OpenStack developer community aiming at reflecting the needs of the various markets adopting the platform by creating user stories that reflect the voice of the end-users/operators. These user stories will focus on items that have traditionally been harder to implement based on the need for cross-project coordination and significant development time (spanning multiple releases).
- OpenStack Operators Telecom/NFV working group https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/ops-telco-nfv-meeting-agenda: It is taking up the work from recent telco-wg and trying to re-focus to better improve the NFV/Telco – OpenStack collaborations. Related emails in OpenStack will be posted to firstname.lastname@example.org with tag [telecom-nfv]: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/#OpenStack_Operators_Telco_and_NFV_Working_Group
- Fog Edge Massively Distributed Clouds (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fog_Edge_Massively_Distributed_Clouds): The goal of the Fog/Edge/Massively Distributed Clouds working group is to debate and investigate how OpenStack can address Fog/Edge Computing use-cases (i.e. the supervision and use of a large number of remote data centers through a single distributed OpenStack system).