This page is maintained by OPNFV and OpenStack community members to further enhance collaboration between the two communities.
Rather than establish a project for OpenStack the OPNFV community has agreed to work on establishing focus community groups where we will describe community engagement practices, identify community leaders, manage our contributions toward those communities and generally get ourselves organised well enough to be a benefit, rather than a burden, to our source communities.
IRC channel on Freenode for OpenStack related discussion in OPNFV is #opnfv-openstack .
Contact points in OpenStack
- IRC - You can reach out to the project teams, working group teams on IRC or ask generic questions on the #openstack or #openstack-101 channels about how to run the software or join the community. You can find further information here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC
- Mailing lists - OpenStack has several mailing lists to discuss development, community and operations related topics. You can find more information on the following wiki page: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists. For the complete list and to subscribe see the following page: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo
- Meetings - Meetings are held on IRC, for more information and schedule visit the following page: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org
OpenStack PTG (Project Teams Gathering) - February 26 - March 2, Dublin, Ireland
OpenStack Summit - May 21-24, 2017, Vancouver, Canada
- Registration with early bird prices (ends April 4) is open: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/openstack-summit-may-2018-vancouver-tickets-40845826968
Edge Computing - https://www.openstack.org/edge-computing/
- Mailing list: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/edge-computing
- Weekly calls - https://zoom.us/j/777719876
- December 12, Tuesday, 1500 UTC
- December 19, Tuesday, 1500 UTC
- Get some insight on the development process and planned features for the current cycle: https://www.openstack.org/software/roadmap
Related OpenStack Working Groups and SIG's
- Fog Edge Massively Distributed Clouds (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fog_Edge_Massively_Distributed_Clouds): The goal of the Fog/Edge/Massively Distributed Clouds working group is to debate and investigate how OpenStack can address Fog/Edge Computing use-cases (i.e. the supervision and use of a large number of remote data centers through a single distributed OpenStack system).