OPNFV Infrastructure Working Group (Infra WG) is working towards a model whereby we have a seamless pipeline for handing resource requests from the OPNFV community for both development and Continuous Integration perspectives. Automation of requests and integration to existing automation tools is a primary driver in reaching this model. In the Infra WG, we imagine a model where the Infrastructure Requirements that are specified by a Feature, Installer or other relevant project within OPNFV are requested, provisioned, used, reported on and subsequently torn down with no (or minimal) user intervention at the physical / infrastructure level.
Objectives of the Working Group:
- Deliver efficiently dimensions resources to OPNFV community needs on request in a timely manner that ensure maximum usage (capacity) and maximum density (distribution of workloads)
- Satisfy the needs of the twice-yearly release projects, this includes being able to handle load (amount of projects and requests) as well as need (topology and different layouts)
- Support OPNFV community users. As the INFRA group, we are integral to all aspects of the OPNFV community (since it starts with the Hardware) - this can mean troubleshooting any element within the stack
- Provide a method to expand and adapt as OPNFV community needs grow and provide this to Hosting Providers (Lab providers) for input in growth forecast, so they can better judge how best to contribute with their resources.
- Work with reporting and other groups to ensure we have adequate feedback to the end-users of the labs on how their systems, code, feature performs.
- Dashboards for use of lab and CI resources
- Prioritization / allocation of lab resources; see: Hardware Infrastructure
- Inconsistencies in use of CI resources
OPNFV Infrastructure Support - OPNFV uses JIRA issues for initiating and tracking lab support requests, including ... requests for POD access, connectivity, add/remove hardware, network configuration and POD issues. See Infra Lab Support page for details on how to submit a request.
OPNFV Infrastructure Status - For current status of OPNFV infrastructure
- Linux Foundation Help desk - For any software access requests (Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit, etc), support for the LF lab, help debugging connections to Jenkins, and guidance on CI/CD builds.
Bi-Weekly on Monday at 16:00 UTC Minutes at Infra Working Group Meeting Calendar Invites - If you would like to get calendar invites, then please subscribe to the groups.io calendar. To do so...
US: +16699006833,,2362828999# or +16465588656,,2362828999#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=Xn-Kas4jq2GuyfbCCKYpwvi6FpHEYX8n
Bi-Weekly on Monday at 16:00 UTC
Minutes at Infra Working Group Meeting
Calendar Invites - If you would like to get calendar invites, then please subscribe to the groups.io calendar. To do so...