OPNFV Infrastructure Working Group (Infra WG) is working towards a model whereby we have a seamless pipeline for handing resource requests from the OPNFV community for both development and Continuous Integration perspectives. Automation of requests and integration to existing automation tools is a primary driver in reaching this model. In the Infra WG, we imagine a model where the Infrastructure Requirements that are specified by a Feature, Installer or other relevant project within OPNFV are requested, provisioned, used, reported on and subsequently torn down with no (or minimal) user intervention at the physical / infrastructure level.
Objectives of the Working Group:
- Deliver efficiently dimensions resources to OPNFV community needs on request in a timely manner that ensure maximum usage (capacity) and maximum density (distribution of workloads)
- Satisfy the needs of the twice-yearly release projects, this includes being able to handle load (amount of projects and requests) as well as need (topology and different layouts)
- Support OPNFV community users. As the INFRA group, we are integral to all aspects of the OPNFV community (since it starts with the Hardware) - this can mean troubleshooting any element within the stack
- Provide a method to expand and adapt as OPNFV community needs grow and provide this to Hosting Providers (Lab providers) for input in growth forecast, so they can better judge how best to contribute with their resources.
- Work with reporting and other groups to ensure we have adequate feedback to the end-users of the labs on how their systems, code, feature performs.
- EDIT THE CALENDAR
Customise the different types of events you'd like to manage in this calendar.#legIndex/#totalLegs
- RESTRICT THE CALENDAR
Optionally, restrict who can view or add events to the team calendar.#legIndex/#totalLegs
- SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM
Grab the calendar's URL and email it to your team, or paste it on a page to embed the calendar.#legIndex/#totalLegs
- ADD AN EVENT
The calendar is ready to go! Click any day on the calendar to add an event or use the Add event button.#legIndex/#totalLegs