The Pharos Validator was an Intern project that has been completed and archived.
Phase 1 - By the end of september
Validate an existing lab setup
Congregate all documentation and clean it up
Run the initial version under a real physical deployment scenario at the IOL labs successfully
- The tool managed to pxe boot two nodes from within a virtual machine and run the validation tests over ssh. The results of the test were then sent back to the controller_vm and the test completed successfully (Also brought up some bugs with the hardware detection process regarding disk detection e.g. the tool thinking raid arrays are ssds)
Work with Intel to develop a "config file" for a test pod, to sanity check the config file format / requirements / structure.
- Integrate with pharos repository
Integrate with the Pharos Dashboard
Phase 2 - Post Phase 1
- Integrate the network verification test (Relies on common network configuration file agreement)
- Support ARM via a separate ARM initrd
All Questions and Discussion regarding the Pharos Validator tool can be found on this child page here: Pharos Validator Open Questions & Discussions
- Add documentation child page for validator
Document exact standards that my tool tests against
- Installation instructions/use instructions