In Progress: since OPEN-O has merged into ONAP, we will use Opera to be the bridge between ONAP and OPNFV for integration.
- Name for the project: OPNFV ONAP Integration
- Name for the repository: o
High level description of OPNFV-ONAP project and ONAP use case and benefits:
Since the integration of Open-O and OPNFV has been successfully released in Danube, ONAP brings together Open ECOMP and Open-O projects as a comprehensive platform for real-time, policy-driven orchestration and automation of physical and virtual network functions that will enable software, network, IT and cloud providers and developers to rapidly create new services. By consolidating member resources, ONAP will deliver a unified architecture and implementation, with an open standards focus, faster than any one project could on its own.
This project seeks to integrate ONAP with the OPNFV reference platform for multi-VIM/cloud, and it supports multiple use cases. The project will definitely benefit not only OPNFV and ONAP, but can be referenced by other OPNFV projects as well. In particular, this project is basically use case driven. Based on that, it will focus on the real-world use cases such as vCPE and VoLTE.
The requirement is designed to support integration among ONAP and OpenStack as VIM.
The integration is use case driven. ONAP integration will need a new scenario to deploy in multiVIM environment, which requires an installer to set up the scenario. Then FuncTest will be used as testing framework to deploy VNFs for use cases and execute other test scripts as well.
ONAP is scoped for the integration
ONAP includes various components for OPNFV integration. The initial release of integration will be focusing on NFV-O, Common service and Common TOSCA. Other components of Open-O will be gradually integrated to OPNFV reference platform in later release.
This OPNFV OPEN-O requirement project will give Interface requirement for how to integrate OPEN-O (as initial reference integration) with current OPNFV supported VIM and VNFM.
- OPEN-O alignment with ETSI NFV MANO architecture
- How Open-O APIs satisfy the ETSI NFV MANO requirement
- Requirement and concerns on integrating Open-O with OpenStack and Juju
- Data models used among MANO and OPNFV platform, especially among OPEN-O, Juju and OpenStack. TOSCA/YANG models and Heat Orchestration Template (HOT) are considered as initial standards.
Specify testing and integration: vCPE use case will be used as initial one and corresponding test cases will be created in initial integration.
Debugging and Tracing: will be available soon.
Identity a list of features and functionality will be
a) Use cases for residential vCPE,
b) Integration test plans and requirements based on the use cases
Describe how the project is extensible in future
a) More specific requirement is added with the real integration works involved.
b) Integration will be aligned with Open-O projects and more function blocks will be integrated with Open-O projects development.
a) vCPE as initial use case, based on which test cases will be created and aligned with Open-O first release for OPNFV D release.
- API Docs: Defining and Documenting interfaces and methods in two phases priority 1 (VM,VN,VS) Release C, and Release D priority 2 (Fault, Resource Scheduling, Service Assurance)
- Functional block description: Release C Priority 1 Common minimum for OPNFV to NFVO & VNFM functions. Release D Priority 2, Extending NFV reference architecture with Service Assurance modules
OPNFV projects of Models, Domino and ETSI Standards
The listed projects have been already working in MANO area currently. Opera will build upon their results when integrating Open-O to OPNFV.
- Models in OPNFV defines various Models. Open-O & Juju have already been in the engagement dashboard. Common-TOSCA, a sub-project under Open-O for handling TOSCA template, can be collaborated with Models project
- Domino in OPNFV handles template distribution and can help contribute any-to-any delivery of templates for Orchestration for top down implementation for OPNFV-MANO integration. Looking for the possibility of collaboration with the template from Domino.
- Other OPNFV projects (VES, Promise, etc.) co-ordination will be relegated to OPNFV working group https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/mano
- Related standards referring Network Functions Virtualization (NFV); Management and Orchestration (ETSI GS NFV-MAN 001 V1.1.1 (2014-12))
Committers : (proposed)
- Contributors: (proposed)
OPNFV Release D: Requirement specification and Test specification
OPNFV Release D: Based on first Open-O release, MANO integration will be in.
Requirement on Pharos for site-to-site VPN
Integrate with installers (Compass and Juju),
Testcases integrated to Functest and Yardstick.
Proposed Release Schedule:
- Requirement document will catch up with OPNFV Release D
- Open-O initial release is in November of 2016
- Integration plan will be aligned with OPNFV D release
- Project proposal presentation slides
OPNFV OPEN-O Requirement Project Proposal V4.2.pdf
Key Project Facts
Project Name: OPNFV MANO Requirement for Integration
Repo name: opera
Lifecycle State: Approved as
Primary Contact: Yingjun Li (Yingjun.email@example.com)
Project Lead: Yingjun Li
Jira Project Name: opera
Jira Project Prefix: [opera ]
mailing list tag [opera]
Committers and Contributors: (accepted)
- Huabing Zhao (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Zhaoxing Meng (email@example.com )
- Byung Yun Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Narinder Gupta (email@example.com)
- Helen Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Olga Havel(email@example.com)
- Chris Donley ( Christopher.Donley@huawei.com )
- Lingli Deng (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Prakash Ramchandran (email@example.com)
- Ulas Kozat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lizongbiao (email@example.com)
- Uri Elzur (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Alex Vul (email@example.com)
- Arthur Berezin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Open-O wiki is hosted here: https://wiki.open-o.org/view/Main_Page
You can sign in with your registered linux foundation ID.
Upstream Team Meetings
The Open-O has TSC Meetings once a week. See their wiki for more info: https://wiki.open-o.org/view/Meeting_times
- Tuesdays, 1400 UTC
- No virtual meeting on Tuesday, June 21 2016.
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,173489969# or +16465588656,173489969#
* Link to approval of Project: http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2016/opnfv-meeting.2016-08-09-13.59.html
Link to approval of additional submitters: NA