Fuel based OPNFV installer project proposal
Project proposal meta-data
- Proposed name for the project: Fuel@OPNFV
- Proposed name for the repository: fuel
- Project Category: Integration and testing
This OPNFV initiative proposes to take the fuel@opnfv work that was done embedded into the Arno BGS project to an autonomous long lived OPNFV project with the aim to follow- and absorb OPNFV release train features into the Fuel@OPNFV installer and at the same time absorb new fuel capabilities, as well as put relevant OPNFV requirements on Fuel.
The scope of the proposal includes the following:
- Absorbing all of OPNFV's release cadence features through the genesis project.
- Ensuring a healthy Fuel@OPNFV architecture/structure by feeding requirements to the fuel community.
- Ensuring a healthy Fuel@OPNFV architecture/structure by staying close to the fuel community trunk, using the fuel plug-in architecture for needed differentiation.
- Providing needed capabilities for the OPNFV CI pipeline, including:
- Needed hooks for low-level verification (tempest)
- Needed hooks for high-level verification (Scenario testing) - Yardstick
- CentOS Host
- Ubuntu Host
Committers and Contributors
Name and affiliation of the project leader:
Jonas Bjurel (Ericsson AB): email@example.com
Names and affiliations of the committers:
- Jonas Bjurel (Ericsson): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stefan Berg (Ericsson): email@example.com
- Daniel Smith (Ericsson): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Szilard Cserey (Ericsson): email@example.com
- Michal Skalski (Mirantis): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ruijing Guo (Intel): email@example.com
Names and affiliations of the contributors:
- Fatih Degirmenci (Ericsson): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jose Lausuch (Ericsson): email@example.com
- Juan Osorio Robles (Ericsson): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Szymon Banka (Mirantis): email@example.com
- Tadi Bhargava (Tata): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuan Luong (Ericsson): email@example.com
- Fuel@OPNFV Installer based on Fuel technology and release cadence.
- Fuel@OPNFV unique Fuel plug-ins
- Fuel@OPNFV Documentation
- Fuel@OPNFV CI plugins for OPNFV
- Fuel@OPNFV plugins for OPNFV VIM characteristics/SLA certification, interoperability certification, etc.
Proposed Release Schedule
Initial release of OPNFV@Fuel was as part of the joint OPNFV Bootstrap/Get started (BGS) Arno release.
First OPNFV autonomous release will be OPNFV R2 release with the following tentative release content:
- OpenStack release: Kilo/Liberty (Features to be supported TBD)
- Fuel release: 7.0.x/8.0.x (Features to be supported TBD)
- OpenDaylight release: Lithium (Features to be supported TBD)
- OPNFV carried R2 patches
- OPNFV R2 experimental projects
Fuel@OPNFV is relying on following upstream projects:
- Fuel - Any needed requirements will be articulated by Fuel@OPNFV and implemented by the Fuel community, Fuel@OPNFV will source upstream OpenStack through Fuel. OpenStack requirements will origin from other OPNFV projects than Fuel@OPNFV
- Open Daylight - Requirements will origin from other OPNFV projects than Fuel@OPNFV
- KVM - Requirements will origin from other OPNFV projects than Fuel@OPNFV
- OVS - OVS requirements will origin from other OPNFV projects than Fuel@OPNFV
- Ubuntu - Debian/Ubuntu requirements will origin from other OPNFV projects than Fuel@OPNFV
- CentOS - Debian/Ubuntu requirements will origin from other OPNFV projects than Fuel@OPNFV
- A small yet very competent end2end team
- Tightly working with other installer projects, genesis, CI and functest teams - contributing and reviewing across boarders
- Using IRC as main communication medium, blended by a few bi-weekly audio calls.