Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Minutes of Technical Community Discussion on December 08, 2016

  • Date and Time: 6:00am PST / UTC 14:00, Thursday December 08, 2016
  • Convener: Bin Hu (AT&T)
  • Participants:
    • Carlos Goncalves (NEC)

    • Fatih Degirmenci (Ericsson)
    • Georg Kunz (Ericsson)

    • Kaly Xin (ARM)
    • Larry Lamers (VMWare)

    • Leon Wang (Huawei)
    • Serge Manning (Sprint)

    • Ulrich Kleber (Huawei)

    • Xuan Jia (China Mobile)

Agenda

Xuan initiated discussion on mailing list, and discussed with Bryan Sullivan, Dave Neary etc. on mailing list.

Xuan described the discussion details, such as scenarios, why Mode 3 was chose, and the revision of scope of project proposal.

Xuan asked how to add new upstream components such as Magnum into installers. Bin suggested to communicate with installer projects, such as Apex, Fuel, let them know what is needed, whether or not a new scenario is needed, and schedule.

Uli indicated COE native API is unclear. Uli summarized that project will take the task to figure out and standardize container API in a proper way.

Serge asked if the project intends to change / extend those K8s APIs? Xuan said no. Serge summarized the project will build a translation / adaption layer.

Kaly asked if the effort has been estimated for implementation of Mode 2 and Mode 3. Xuan explained that it can start with Mode 2.

Kaly asked which OpenStack version to use. Xuan said Newton.

Kaly asked in case of running several VNFs in one container, is there scalability issue? Xuan said one VNF may run in multiple containers.

Uli suggested to revise wiki page too, such as scope.

Uli will talk to Xuan offline regarding Huawei's participation.

ACTION: Xuan revise proposal on wiki

All agreed to recommend it for TSC Creation Review next week.

  • AOB

None.

Meeting adjourned

  • No labels