Feel free to update!!
Hunter Release Plan for SampleVNF
This project provides a placeholder for various sample VNF (Virtual Network Function) development which includes example reference architecture and optimization methods related to VNF/Network service for high performance VNFs. This project provides benefits to other OPNFV projects like Functest, Models, yardstick etc to perform real life use-case based testing and NFVi characterization for the same.
The sample VNFs are Open Source approximations* of Telco grade VNF’s using optimized VNF + NFVi Infrastructure libraries, with Performance Characterization of Sample† Traffic Flows.
• * Not a commercial product. Encourage the community to contribute and close the feature gaps.
• † No Vendor/Proprietary Workloads
Summary of Goals
Dependency 1: Yardstick interaction of new sampleVNF tests.
Detailed Requirements and Tasks (JIRA)
- Cloud native support for SampleVNFs - https://jira.opnfv.org/browse/SAMPLEVNF-150
- PROX: add support for VLAN insert and stripping - https://jira.opnfv.org/browse/SAMPLEVNF-149
- PROX potential crash when getting device info https://jira.opnfv.org/browse/SAMPLEVNF-148
Updating the yardstick to include all the sampleVNF testcases.
Updating the architecture and get started guide for new contributes