- Proposed name for the project: Bamboo
- Proposed name for the repository: bamboo
Project “Bamboo” adds an analytics subsystem to a set of OPNFV scenarios as well as provides for an analytics framework to post-process OPNFV test results created by the OPNFV CI/CD pipeline.
Bamboo leverages the PNDA.io project to create an analytics subsystem for OPNFV. The analytics subsystem can be used in two different ways:
- Offer post-processing of the test-results created by the different OPNFV testing projects such as FuncTest, Yardstick etc. For this the Bamboo project will create a permanent installation of an analytics subsystem which will integrate with the current OPNFV test results database infrastructure on testresults.opnfv.org
- Offer analytics as part of an integrated NFV solution stack. For that, Bamboo will integrate the PNDA.io provided analytics subsystem into a select set of existing OPNFV scenarios. Initially Bamboo will integrate with and extend scenarios provided by the FastDataStacks project, in particular “os-odl_l2-fdio” and “os-odl_l3-fdio”.
Key work items include
- Phase 1. Create a standalone deployment of the analytics subsystem for OPNFV and integrate it with the existing OPNFV test-results databases that store the test results of the OPNFV test projects.
- Phase 2. Integrate PNDA.io with “os-odl_l2-fdio” and “os-odl_l3-fdio” scenarios, incl. automated installation capabilities.
- Phase 3. Enhance OPNFV testing to include verification of the Bamboo provided analytics subsystem (provide for Functest, Yardstick, etc. tests)
- OPNFV projects:
- OPNFV projects:
- VNF Event Stream (VES)
- Testing projects (FuncTest, YardStick, …)
- Deployments tools
- Vina (currently in proposal stage)
- Upstream projects:
- Infrastructure requirements
- Phase 1: Resource requirements as per Openstack standard cluster configuration: https://github.com/pndaproject/pnda-guide/blob/develop/provisioning/platform_requirements.md
Committers and Contributors:
- Project Lead: Donald Hunter (email@example.com)
- Permanent installation of Bamboo to offer post-processing of OPNFV testresults created by the OPNFV CI/CD pipeline (“testresults.opnfv.org”)
- Scenarios – Analytics enhanced scenarios based on FastDataStacks scenarios (e.g. os-odl_l2-fdio); composition, deployment, testing
Proposed Release Schedule:
The project initial deliverable is expected to be available in time for the OPNFV “E” release.