Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 03/06/2017

List of Attendees: 

  1. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Yihe Hou (Huawei)

Meeting Notes:

  • Last meetings update on Release D updates - refer to last week meeting notes
  • E-Release content discussion
    • (Bryan) Copper (Policy),  VES  (Telemetry), Domino (Template Distribution) should work with Model to get inputs and deliver the Service for resource orchestration to  Infra modules to provide implementation
      • (Prakash) All this integration effort can be brought to MANO WG to agree to some best practices
    • (Bryan) there will be need for other projects to join hands
      • (Prakash) Parser (OPNFV Parser, ARIA, YANG) need to be brought together
    • (Bryan) Models is discussing cross project needs to be moved , lets meet at 8 AM PST today to continue on this topic
      • action (Prakash + Bryan) Discuss inputs in Models and MANO WG for bringing together how we can compose use case to drive Domino as a service for different publishers and subscribers
      • action (Prakash) to discuss with (Ulas PTL) to see if we can agree on a common meeting time of Domino slot for both Models and Domino for Integration work as time slot of 6AM PST will suit IST/EU/China team too.
    • Next week we can discuss about API required and its  exposure for Domino to act as an independent Template service based on ability of Domino to work with different upstream like GSO (Open-O), MSO(ECOMP), Model etc.
    • Yihe Hou , Bryan and Prakash decides to close the meeting as no further items were on agenda


02/27/2017

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)

Meeting Notes:

  • Release D update
    • Documentation updated and merged
    • Testing script updated and merged
  • Release E discussion
    • ONAP announcement impacts the future upstream plans. Let's wait until the implications are clear.

02/13/2017

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  3. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)

Meeting Notes:

02/06/2017

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)

Meeting Notes:

  • GSO code analysis is needed to see how Domino can fit in
    • How NFVO, SDNO, etc. are registered
    • GSO communication pattern with NFVO
  • VPOD-80 is being utilized for testing Domino

01/16/2017

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  3. Yihe Hou (Huawei)
  4. Larry Lamers (VMware)

Meeting Notes:

  • Danube Plan update:
    • 2 JIRA Tickets are closed (Domino-20 & Domino-22)
    • Started JIRA Domino-21 (almost complete, Publish Response message is pending an update)
    • Will start last JIRA ticket for documentation soon
    • Need to update run.sh (Releng) and multinode.sh (Functest) scripts to test new APIs added
  • Update by Yihe on XOS and Mistral
    • Invite Peter Lee for one of the Domino meetings to have more in-depth overview of XOS and ONOS, e.g., how it supports distributed environments.

12/19/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)

Meeting Notes:

  • Danube Plan update:
    • Stateful tosca template update (JIRA Domino-22) is completed
    • Start JIRA Domino-21
      • The original goal is modified: Domino will create a workflow file and return to publisher
  • Open-O GSO team is not considering any architectural changes for Release-2 due to lack of enough developers
    • Interim conclusion: No code or feature from Domino will be integrated in Release-2

12/12/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Larry Lamers (VMware)
  3. Artur Tyloch (Canonical)

Meeting Notes:

  • Danube Plan update:
    • Stateful tosca template update is in progress, should be closing the JIRA ticket in two weeks

12/05/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)

Meeting Notes:

  • Infrastructure update
    • Gained access to vPOD in Huawei community lab
  • ONOS/XOS update
  • Danube Plan update:
    • Stateful tosca template update is in progress

11/28/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  3. Yihe Hou (Huawei)
  4. Larry Lamers (VMWare)

Meeting Notes:

  • Infrastructure update
    • Prakash reserved resources for Domino at Huawei community lab (will be available on 11/29)
  • Multi-site update
    • Overviewed multisite project deployment environment
  • ONOS update
    • YMS is a generic service with no dependency on any other service
    • L3VPN API is still not available
  • Action items
    • Check with multi-site folks about their use cases vs. Domino's, understand if we can use their multi-site deployment scenario (Ulas)
    • Priority 1: Check XOS from Tosca support point of view (Yihe)
    • Priority 2: Check Mistral for its workflow generation capabilities (Yihe)

11/21/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Yihe Hou (Huawei)
  4. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  5. Larry Lamers (VMWare)

Meeting Notes:

  • ONOS L3VPN update
    • Action item: Test L3VPN and L2VPN service in ONOS. What is the role of XOS vs. ONOS from the point of describing/on-boarding as well as life cycle management for the L3VPN service.
    • Invite Peter Lee to the discussion
  • Overviewed JIRA tickets. Domino-20 is completed. Next, we will continue with Domino-22 first and come back to Domino-21.
  • Prakash will look into vIMS use case in the Models project and wants to bring it to Domino (add a wiki reference in Domino project, maybe cross-reference it to Models project)

11/14/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)

Meeting Notes:

  • L3VPN in ONOS
    • Currently under development. It is not possible to test the functionality. Clarify the procedure, API, and Yang model file
  • Should Domino prepare a workflow for service instantiation and LCM to the service publisher? In the current plan, we just return the control domain contact points and descriptor IDs.
  • F2F meeting with OpenBaton folks

11/07/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Yihe Hou (Huawei)
  4. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  5. Larry Lamers (VMWare)

Meeting Notes:

  • Open-O update (GSO team indicated that they are going to examine the Domino code)
  • OSM & OpenBaton (Bryan is looking at the models)
  • Brian is looking into HA on multi-site VNF support and multi-site projects to see if there are any shared points with Domino
  • Connect with multi-site team on testing and infrastructure


10/31/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Larry Lamers (VMWare)
  4. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)

Meeting Notes:

  • Summary of Project Release Plans for Danube
  • Action items:
    • Create a JIRA ticket for multi-site environment (development and testing) (Ulas)
    • Get a sample file for ONOS, Open-O (Prakash), OSM & OpenBaton (Bryan)
    • CATON (RackSpace project for inventory management)
    • Expand JIRA tickets so that we cover capability changes in domains, notification of orchestration end points and redistribution of descriptors
    • Express the architectural "what" should be supported by each control domain to be able to utilize Domino Services (how question is specific to the control domain and we avoid it for now)

10/17/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  3. Larry Lamers (VMWare)
  4. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  5. Yihe Hou (Huawei)

Meeting Notes:

10/10/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)

Meeting Notes:

  • Action Item from last week:
    • Netready plans to utilize Gluon for L2 and L3VPN use cases
    • ONOS has VXLAN based site-to-site blueprint
    • ODL also has scenarios for L2 and L3 name space in Carbon release
  • Action item for next week
    • Prakash will check with ONOS folks to grep their site-to-site VPN service description (i.e., template file)

10/03/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  4. Larry Lamers (VMware)

Meeting Notes:

  • Release D:
    • DOMINO-20 and DOMINO-21 are created and reviewed
    • We need L3VPN yang models used by SDN Controllers. Check with ONOS and ODL teams.
  • Action Items:
    • Ask different projects on L2 or L3VPN use cases (whether they investigate this use case, how they deliver it, how they test it) (Assigned to Prakash)
    • Create an item for Models project for L3VPN test case (without using Domino, this case must be supported)
  • Other points:
    • ODL summit overview
    • Catalog discussion


9/26/2016

NO MEETING THIS WEEK


9/19/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  4. Arthur Berezin (Gigaspaces)

Meeting Notes:

  • Status:
    • Email communication with the GSO project lead Brendon Hassett
    • Ulas preparing a demo with Tacker and Heat for OpenStack Summit, Bryan is preparing a demo with Cloudify and Tacker for VNF onboarding. 
  • Release D:
    • JIRA ticket creation should start
      • Currently one JIRA ticket  DOMINO-20 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Shall we change the current method of parsing
        • Tosca Parser not only loads graph into memory but also verifies the model. Since different orchestrators have their own extensions to base model, using their VNFD or NSD fails such checks.
        • One approach is to have "Tags" in the Tosca template and load these extensions (not sure if this is feasible, e.g., there can be conflicts)
        • Another approach is to have Domino to use yaml library directly to load the dictionary object and skip verification
        • Or wait until projects converge on a common base model and have a tosca parser library that checks/verifies the base model, but skips the extensions for validation

9/12/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Arthur Tyloch (Canonical)
  3. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  4. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  5. Larry Lamers (VMware)
  6. Michael Bugenhagen (Centurylink)

Meeting Notes:

  • Status:
    • Status update from Prakash on his meeting with Parser team
    • Meeting with Aria Team
      • Overviewed Domino features and GSO project in Open-O. Domino is already addressing some of the features GSO is targeting (e.g., capability discovery and template distribution)
      • Action Item: Have a joint meeting with the GSO team
      • Prakash: SFC use case should be investigated.
    • Token based capability in Tosca (Michael Bugenhagen)
      • Two types of access piering, current projects approach this as bottom up, we need top down view
      • Discussions in the broadband forum
      • 2016-9-14


8/29/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Shiva Charan (HPE)

Meeting Notes:

  • Status:
    • Colorado Stable branch is created
    • Domino talk is accepted to OpenStack Barcelona Summit
  • Release D Planning
    • Workflow generation (check out Mistral)
    • Changes to multi node testing to programmatically load IP addresses of Pharos nodes
    • Integration with Tacker
    • Possible extension to support Aria library
    • Gaps in tosca parser
      1. Processing of substitution mapping statements to load VNF definitions
    • Gaps in heat translator
      1. Heat Translator does not recognize node type VNF
      2. Placement policy base type is translated into an affinity policy rule
    • Any thing to do with yang?
  • Action items
    • Resync with Arthur and Tal on Open-O Common Tosca and Domino
    • E-mail to Parser folks regarding the gaps

8/22/2016

List of Attendees: 

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)

Meeting Notes:

  • Release C
    • Domino is release C ready

8/15/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Arthur Berezin (Gigaspaces)
  3. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  4. Larry Lamers (VMWare)

Meeting Notes:

  • Release C
    • Stable version creation
    • Documentation (need to restructure the directories and formatting according to the new guidelines)
  • Release D
    • Prakash: Can we support aria-ng parser in Domino? Drive Opera use cases through Domino.
    • Arthur: In GSO (Global Service Orchestrator), there is a need to distribute templates to multiple orchestrators. One solution would be label-based subscription.
    • Action item: Prakash will investigate various use cases we can work on as part of release D, e.g., SFV, L3VPN, etc.


8/8/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)

Meeting Notes:

  • Policy2Tosca
  • Release D
    • Turn Domino Client to Library
    • Support workflow for template distribution. Current implementation does not assume a dependency sequence across domains, e.g., template 1 may have to be deployed before template 2.
    • Support state synchronization upon restart. Currently client registration and label subscriptions are stored in a local db, but when a server restarts, it does not sync its operational state with that local db.

8/1/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Shiva Charan (HPE)
  4. Arthur Berezin (Gigaspaces)
  5. Larry Lamers (VMWare)
  6. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)

Meeting Notes:


7/25/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Shiva Charan (HPE)

Meeting Notes:

  • Milestones
    • Overview existing JIRA tickets
  • Release D planning
    • Start creating JIRA tickets


7/18/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Larry Lamers (VMWare) 

Meeting Notes:

  • Milestones
    • Test script for multi-node scenario is merged. Releng patch is submitted and merged.
    • Documentation is in progress
    • policy2tosca code is committed to Parser, code is reviewed and pending patches to reflect the code review
  • Release D planning
    • What use cases shall we concentrate on?
      • Open-O and Tacker integration?
      • SFC management?

7/11/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)

Meeting Notes:

  • Milestones
    • Releng code is patched for stand alone single node testing
    • Functest is in process


6/27/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Larry Lamers (VMWare) 

Meeting Notes:

  • Summary of OPNFV Design Summit is provided
    • Meetings with Narindar, Weidong, and Morgan on installer, infrastructure, and CI/testing support
    • Meeting with Sridhar (Tacker PTL) to demo Domino and discuss the use cases (particularly for Tacker integration with Open-O)
    • Trying to connect with Gigaspaces to make Domino part of Common Tosca block in Open-O
  • The focus in next few weeks will be towards CI and documentation (feature set and API are frozen). 

6/13/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  4. Larry Lamers (VMware)
  5. Shiva Charan (HPE)

Meeting Notes:

  • Ulas completed heat-translator incorporation. If a client side subscribes for hot template using 'subscribe -t hot' in the CLI prompt, it receives a translated hot file assuming the hot file is translatable.
  • Shiva to show policy2tosca in design summit
  • Add port option in domino-cli api and DominoClient to be able run multiple non-interactive mode client on the same machine


6/6/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  4. Larry Lamers (VMware)
  5. Shiva Charan (HPE)

Meeting Notes:

  • SQlite3 support is added to persist state on the server side, the same will be done for the client side.
  • Prakash has downloaded and tested the code, he receives an error. 
    • Prakash will replicate the problem and resolve with Ulas to see if there is a bug, misconfiguration, or incomplete options being passed
  • Documentation for Domino usage is being added to OPNFV artifacts
    • Will request from Aric Gardner to remove a false directory entry (how-to-use-guide)
  • Action items:
    • policy2tosca code to be uploaded (Shiva will do it this week)
    • policy2tosca GUI integration (Ulas to follow up, but seems okay)
    • Ask Arthur from Gigaspaces to see if any policy rules (derived classes, etc.) are defined in their customer use cases and reuse those definitions in Domino (Ulas will check)
    • Approach heat-translator team to see their plans (Prakash will check)
    • Domino-16 and Domino-17 should be updated (Prakash will check)


5/30/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Shiva Charan (HPE)
  3. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)

 

Meeting Notes:

  • Heat-translator 
    • Does not support tosca.nodes.nfv.VNF as a node type, so not ready for NSD translation
    • Examples look fine with VDU, CP and VL node types
    • In terms policy: tosca.policies.Placement maps to affinity rule in HOT
  • OpenStack related JIRA tickets
  • Testing & Installers
    • dynamic vPODS will be used for development testing with custom Pharos configuration
    • Discussion with JOID and Compass teams (we should start installer integration JIRA tickets, split into subtasks or even different JIRA tickets)
    • Subtasks Domino-16 (Compass) and Domino-17 (JOID) are tickets opened for Development integration and testing for Domino using installers.
    • The Build of Domino will be done after code review completion by at least one reviewer by next week.

5/23/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  4. Larry Lamers (VMware)

Meeting Notes:

  • Possibility of using virtual pod for Domino. Prakash will close the loop this week. (Prakash)
  • Try to use Murano as a service or import as a library within Domino Client code. (Prakash)
  • Check heat-translator to prepare "translatable" tosca files. (Ulas)
  • What is the value add to the catalog services in OpenStack? (Bryan)
    • Post a question to OpenStack community inquiring the current catalog support for multi-layered massively-distributed control plane
    • You need to consider Policy distribution in terms of VNF/Service-specific aspects i.e. those things that are included in the VNFD/NSD, and those things that are generic, e.g. security, resource utilization, error detection/correction, and general observability etc as represented by the features of Congress etc.

    • If in your arch you are thinking of a policy engine that takes actions e.g. placement based upon VNFD/NSD labels, but for which the policies themselves are managed outside the VNFD/NSD and applied at some decision point (e.g. a service orchestrator or VNFM), then the distribution system would probably be valuable as a bolt-on component, that maybe uses

Action items:

  • Meetbot action item
  • Close the loop in testing Domino as a feature project in a virtual pod environment 

 

5/16/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  4. Larry Lamers (VMware)
  5. ?

Meeting Notes:

  • Ulas provided code update. Code is uploaded for review. Describing how to use it with the helloworld.yaml file needs to be posted on wiki.
  • Core discussion was about the use cases and whether heat translation is needed or not.
    • Option1: Strip off policy statements completely and distribute
    • Option2: Just send out tosca file without translation (as it is done by the current version of Domino code)
    • Option3: Send the whole tosca file without partitioning (will this make Domino's contribution quite week?)
      • Domino can support a generic subscription term for Domino Clients or publication options (thus the whole tosca file is received without alteration) 
  • Prakash updated current status on testing and installation topic

Action items:

  • Consider catalog synchronization and distribution aspects as a low hanging fruit 
  • Murano 
    • Prakash will check if Murano can be used (from testing and installation perspective)
    • Bryan will check the API support from VNFM (Tacker) and Catalog (Murano)

5/9/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Shiva Charan (HPE)
  3. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  4. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)

Meeting Notes:

  • Prakash gave update on installer and Pharos
  • Shiva started coding for policy2tosca. In couple of days, we will be able to review the code.
  • Ulas made a demo for the current core code 
    • Presented label subscription and domain mapping features through a helloworld template with policy type and rule definitions 
    • The latest version will be uploaded to https://github.com/Open-O/Domino soon
  • Action item:

5/2/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Shiva Charan (HPE)
  3. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  4. Arthur Berezin (Gigaspaces)

Meeting Notes:

  • policy2tosca module discussion:
    • CLI support only for Release-C. No support for deamon mode or REST API.
  • OpenStack overview
  • Aria presentation by Arthur
  • Arthur: 
  • Ulas:
    • Provided status update for the current code:
      • Reverse engineer heat translator to feed in translatable tosca yaml files
      • Possibly policies will not be translatable, a "stripping off" functionality should be supported.
      • API to be frozen by May 31st.
  • Prakash to follow up on installation scenarios and testing (due May 9)


4/25/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Shiva Charan (HPE)

Meeting Notes:

  • Due to OpenStack summit, a short meeting was held.
  • policy2tosca module discussion: Shiva will address any open issues. We went over the API and JIRA tickets briefly to reiterate Release C objectives. As the first step in APIs, policy targets are explicitly stated. In the second step, an indirect target specification with the following option "--node_filter <property1,property2,...,propertyn>" will be set. policy2tosca call should then parse and identify the nodes that satisfy these properties and set them as policy targets. 
  • For release C, Domino will only use policy fields to partition and map the service template into specific regions.

4/18/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Bryan Sullivan (AT&T)
  3. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  4. Shiva Charan (HPE)
  5. Arthur Berezin (Gigaspaces)
  6. Larry Lamers
  7. J. Morgan

Meeting Notes:

  • policy2tosca module discussion
    • Issue-1 (Brian): This should not be the focus of Domino.
      • PTL response: this is a cross-project issue and it is actually done in Parser project. Domino is not focusing on policy details or translation, but on mapping, partitioning, and distribution. How policy types and definitions are done relevant to Domino to the extent it helps us to perform domain mapping and distribution
  • Domino code hosting in Open-O as upstream
    • github project is created. People who do not have access to the project page should send ulas.kozat@huawei.com their github account names to have access
  • Domino architecture discussion
    • Issue -1 (Arthur): How does this map to the Open-O architecture? A redrawing of the Domino architecture with respect to the Open-O components is necessary.
      • PTL response: create an action item to address the issue.
    • Issue-2 (Brian): cross project collaboration and issues should be listed in the project page
      • PTL response: create an action item to address the issue
    • Issue-3 (Brian): Domino should not focus on too low level (e.g., attribute level) details in policy but rather operate at a higher abstraction level
      • PTL response: Indeed, the intention is to create high level labels that template producers and consumers agree/understand the specifics, but not Domino. Domino only matches the published resources and policies in a Tosca template to subscribers at the level of these high level labels.
  • Action items:
    1. Post on wiki the Open-O specific picture (assignee Ulas)
    2. Post a section on cross-project collaboration and issues on Domino wiki and fill in the section (assignee Prakash and Brian)
    3. Post the code on Open-O/Domino github (assignee Ulas)

4/11/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Shiva Charan (HPE)
  4. Arthur Berezin (Gigaspaces)

Meeting Notes:

  • Ulas went through Release-C plans via Jira tickets and some are scheduled for Release C and others differed to Release D based on Open-O timelines.
  • We looked at Standalone and Domain specific labeling needed for scaling and I described about Intel's POD-3 for multi-site. Ulas said we will limit the code testing over multiple heat instances.
  • Arthur Berzin asked questions on alignment of Open-O and Domino, whether they are targeting the same scope or not. Ulas and Prakash responded that Domino has a much narrower scope and be part of Open-O. Ulas responded that Domino can be the template glue between Open-O components that support template based orchestration. Prakash noted the need for Carrier support.
  • Parser interface and API discussion for Shiva: How to interface with Parser? It will be based on library usage and that will be configurable be it Aria or Openstack parser library. Ulas mentioned that policy injection towards Release-C will be based on API calls that passes Events, Conditions, Actions, and node filters to create policy types and definitions according to Tosca and insert them into a Tosca template based on node filters. 
  • Arthur Berezin explained Node-cellar-example for policy rules: https://github.com/cloudify-examples/cloudify-nodecellar-example/blob/master/openstack-haproxy-blueprint.yaml
  • Arthur and Ulas asked Prakash to try Aria - install, evaluate, and issue questions. Which version of Tosca library with defined and extension
  • Ulas demonstrated RPC calls implemented between Domino Client and Server for registration, heartbeat, publish, subscribe, and push. RPCs are defined based on Thrift. No error or exception handling is supported for now.

4/4/2016

List of Attendees:

  1. Ulas Kozat (Huawei)
  2. Prakash Ramchandran (Huawei)
  3. Shiva Charan (HPE)
  4. Arthur Berezin (Gigaspaces)

Meeting Notes:

  • Ulas went over the main components in Domino Server
    • Label based pub/sub system
    • Main building blocks (RPC channel, label extractor, mapper, etc.)
  • Discussion on Parser under OpenStack vs. Parser in Aria
    • Parser in Aria supports more resource types
    • For release C, we can start by using tosca-parser library in OpenStack and consider Parser library in Aria for release D
      • Can we use Aria to extend the tosca resources and features based on label subscriptions?
  • Overviewed JIRA tickets defined for policy2tosca module in the parser project

Action Items:

  • Ulas will post Domino code in github (OPNFV or another public github)
  • Prakash will create 8 JIRA tickets for:
    1. RPC interface
    2. Label Extraction,
    3. Domain Mapping,
    4. Template Partitioning,
    5. Workload generation,
    6. Domino Translation (Parser)  
    7. Policy Injection,
    8. Comparison Aria-tosca vs. OpenStack Parser
  • Arthur will review Domino documents
  • Assign policy2tosca JIRA tickets to Shiva
     
  • No labels