FDS uses the APEX installer for deployment. The scenario files that deploy fds contain the string "fdio" in them and these are the options that enable fdio deployment:
The fdio files also contain an option for hugepages. The setting is deliberately small because of virtual deployment and we recommend changing the number of hugepages to 10000 for compute nodes.
If a deployment was executed on jumphost, run opnfv-deploy before a new deployment.
Deployment is done using the opnfv-deploy command with these argument:
- -n for the network settings file
- -d for the scenario definition file
- -i for the inventory file
nohup opnfv-deploy -n cengn_network_setting.yaml -i cengn_inventory.yaml -d os-odl_l2-nofeature-noha.yaml &
This will deploy without vpp. Browse the /etc/opnfv-apex folder for scenario definition files to deploy fdio.
Setting up jumphost post-deploy
The default way to get into all nodes in an apex deployment is to go through the undercloud vm. The same goes for accessing OpenStack on the deployment. This is tedious, so we have commands to set things up on the jumphost.
Manual VPP deployment
- There is an option for manual deployment of VPP, along with Honeycomb.
- After VPP/Honeycomb are set up, they need to be mounted in ODL.
- A custom installation of ODL might be needed, although the version that APEX uses should contain all of the needed features.
- And lastly, there are a number of patches that need to be applied to OpenStack.
- Debugging a failed overcloud deployment: http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/troubleshooting/troubleshooting-overcloud.html
- APEX developer build and integration guide: https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/apex/Integration+Guide
- Example commit for tripleo-heat-templates providing OpenDaylight installation can be found here https://review.openstack.org/#/c/249390/
- VPP build page: https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP/Build,_install,_and_test_images
- VPP prebuilt packages: https://nexus.fd.io/content/repositories/fd.io.yum/io/fd/vpp/vpp/
- See also https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/vpp_docs