Fuel@OPNFV Brahmaputra Work-package 1 concluded
On this sad Friday November 13 2016, collaborative OPNV project teams-, contributors-, as well as the OPNFV@Fuel team wants to announce that Fuel@OPNFV WP1 is concluded
This first work-package is in part aligned with Genesis mandated requirements-, in part a result of Genesis requirements expected to come, in part due to internal Fuel@OPNFV requirements, and in part based on specific collaborative integration request with Fuel@OPNFV.
Following basic deliverables are part of WP1:
- Rebased to OpenStack Kilo / Fuel 7.0
- Build system rebased - verified.
- Deploy system rebased - verified.
- Support systems rebased (including OPNFV CI-pipeline, and developers pipeline) - verified.
- ODL Lithium Fuel plug-in (inherent to Fuel@OPNFV project) rebased - verified.
- Service function chaining integration Project: Service Function Chaining
- OVS-DPDK 2.4 with Network Service Header (NSH) additions - (implemented as a Fuel plug-in) - Not fully verified
- ODL adaptation/configurations for service function chaining - (implemented as Fuel plug-in) - Not fully verified
- KVMNFV (Project: NFV Hypervisors-KVM)
- QEMU patch - (implemented as a Fuel plug-in) - verified
- OpenContrail (Project: OpenContrail Virtual Networking for OPNFV)
- We are close to have a first integration - (implemented as a Fuel plug-in) - but not quite there.
Work package result evaluation:
- The evaluation of the work-package 1's result is in-line with set-out goals: Fuel@OPNFV Brahmaputra work-package planning.
What will happen now?
- We will merge the Kilo / Fuel 7.0 experimental Fuel@OPNFV repository to fuel/master on November 16.
- Work on final collaborative project integration according to: Fuel@OPNFV Brahmaputra integrated projects will commence - to be ready by Work-package 2 due December 17, see the complete timeline here: Fuel@OPNFV Brahmaputra work-package planning.
- We will start the rebase work to Fuel 8.0 / OpenStack Liberty on the experimental branch during December.
- Planned merge of Fuel 8.0 / OpenStack Liberty to master is planned to take place by conclusion of WP3 Jan 5, see the complete plan here: Fuel@OPNFV Brahmaputra work-package planning.