NOTE: This wiki is early draft and work in progress.
Genesis (+GENE+ral +S+ystem +I+nstall +S+ervices) aims at a common user experience for OPNFV. Genesis defines a common set of requirements for a set of deployment tools used to install OPNFV. An overview presentation on the goals of Genesis can be found here.
- Genesis project proposal
- Genesis project governance
- Projects that expressed their interest in joining Genesis
- - Do you have a new component that you want supported by all installers participating in Genesis? Here is how to interface with Genesis.
- Is my feature an install-time or post-install-time feature? - How to choose whether a feature should be integrated with installers or not.
- Genesis JIRA Dashboard
- Genesis KANBAN board (ToDo and Done lists)
- Genesis requirements discussion: Agenda topics/Jira-tickets for live discussions
- Genesis requirements sandbox (older sandbox on wiki) (both pages are now retired)
- Genesis - Colorado participation
Genesis also maintains a scenario inventory and documents the dependencies for each scenario: Colorado scenario inventory and dependencies
HOWTO integrate your feature into a specific installer:
- For Joid:
- For Apex: Apex Developer Build & Integration Guide
- For Fuel: https://wiki.opnfv.org/fuel_opnfv_integrated-project-guidelines
- Example of Fuel plugin for ovs-nsh-dpdk: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/222066/1
- For Compass: Compass Plugin Integration API
- Genesis team meets weekly: Mondays, 8am PDT, IRC channel #opnfv-meeting on freenode.net
- Meetings of Genesis - Agendas and minutes
- Input for the discussion on config files - towards a common way to describe pod-config, build, deploy, test.
- Repo structure
- Deploy config