This wiki is being organized into sub-pages for different focuses:
- VNF Onboarding
- Integrating MANO Components in OPNFV
- MANO Project Guidance
- MANO OPNFV cross-project
- OPNFV Upstream Projects
- Multi-Site Support
Current Discussions in MANO WG
The table below covers the main discussion themes and goals of the MANO WG, as it considers OPNFV aspects in its scope (see the Intro below for more description of that scope). Links to related pages/documents will be provided as they are developed.
|Assess the various architectural approaches to MANO functions, e.g. across onap, OpenBaton, OSM, ...|
On the Architecture page, provide links to documentation and assessment the the various approaches.
|Assess the service/VNF lifecycle (e.g. sequence of operations) as supported by the various MANO projects.|
Provide links to documentation and assessment the the various approaches in wiki pages, e.g.
|Assess goals and options for MANO function integration into OPNFV.|
On the Integrating MANO Components in OPNFV page, consider the options, e.g.:
|Recommend ways in which we can promote convergence in the aspects above.|
Intro to OPNFV MANO (Management & Orchestration) Group
Current intro presentation: State of MANO in OPNFV.pptx
A group dedicated to improve MANO integration in OPNFV through evolving standards and open source software implementations that enriches the MANO Stack in OPNFV reference architecture. The idea here is to issue periodically advice and issue guidelines based on gap analysis between existing reference architectures in OPNFV for MANO and related standards, projects( )and upstream software to be able promote OPNFV Platform and VNF interoperability, extensibility, configurability, security, portability and performance for VNF Life Cycle management, NFV Orchestration and VIM advancements.
Provide an 'umbrella' group to encourage development of MANO centric functions within the OPNFV eco-system.
Effectively handle NFVO & VNFM from different projects to integrate with VIM in a standard manner and help build VNF certification over OPNFV Platform working with C&C and Dovetail using MANO and other Testing tools.
3d View of OPNFV Platform MANO Interaction with End Users
OPNFV Platform MANO User Stories
Proposed Enhanced Reference Platform for MANO Integration in OPNFV
EMS - Element Management System - The Element Management System performs the typical management functionality for one or several VNFs.
MANO Front View Diagram reflects only EMS / VNF used to deliver network/application service and any MANO qualified project could be placed in relation to their function in reference architecture. e.g.
Some VNFs can also be considered as MANO candidates: eg. vForwarder (refer OPNFV NetReady).
This opens out new opportunity for MANO designated projects to innovate up and above the VIM Stack.
We also see opportunity for Muti-VIM, Multi-NViPOPs, Multi-VNFM and Multi-NFVO. However not get into split brain issues we prefer to keep Global Service Orchestrator with either single or multiple Srevice Orchestraor ( or Drivers) as they may choose in their implementations like OPEN-O, OSM etc.
Two additional interfaces are in play So-Ca and Ca-Ma or Catalog management for Service as well VNF and Infrastructure. Note this may be indexes of offered or running instances and supported by various templates and descriptors based on TOSCA, YANG,UML and other hybrid DSLs or Linux Distro's specific models and hooks for their agents.
We would like some validations based on MANO qualified projects before zeroing on what works as common minimum across different efforts in OPNFV echo system.
Eventually a MANO marketplace will evolve and reach maturity to run through Compliance Validation Program(CVP) in Release D and later.
Key formation Facts
Group Creation Date: OPNFV MANO work group Group Prefix: opnfv-mano
MANO working group discussion
- Establishing a working group to coordinate among projects relating to MANO.
- email@example.com[ (Responsible for initiating MANO WG formation )]
- Bryan Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Margaret Chiosi (email@example.com)
- Lingli Deng (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Giuseppe Carella (email@example.com)
- Ulas Kozat (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yingjun Li (Yingjun.email@example.com)
- Artur Tyloc (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dave Neary (email@example.com)
- Sridhar Ramaswamy ( firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bob Monkman (Bob.Monkman@arm.com)
- Christopher Price (email@example.com)
- Raghavendrachari Kamsali (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MANO Related News/blogs
- Verzion lays out Virtualization Demand
- Automation Gets its own ETSI Group
- Karaf4 in Nitrogen and Oxygen to harmonize ODL with ONAP / OPNFV / OpenStack
- California Governor vetoes small cell bill
- ETSI released MANO News -OSM
- Fraunhofer Open Source OpenBaton for ETSI NFV MANO
- China Mobile leading OPEN-O open source - News
- AT&Ts efforts in MANO through ECOMP