Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Bootstrap/Get-Started Meetings

Logistics: BGS/Genesis weekly meetings are on Mondays, 8am PDT on IRC channel #opnfv-meeting on freenode.

Sep/28/2015

Draft agenda:

Meeting minutes - Arno SR1 synch, Sept/28, 8am PDT; Note: Genesis topics were not discussed due to time constraints. Focus is to get Arno SR1 released.

Sep/21/2015

Agenda:

Meeting minutes - Arno SR1 synch and BGS/Genesis meeting, Sept/21, 8am PDT

Sep/14/2015

Agenda:

Minutes: BGS/Genesis weekly team meeting - Sep/14/2015

Sep/7/2015

Agenda:

  • BGS
    • Arno SR1 - status
  • Genesis
    • JIRA Requirements

Minutes: BGS/Genesis weekly team meeting - Sep/7/2015

Aug/31/2015

Agenda:

  • BGS
    • Arno SR1 - status
  • Genesis
    • JIRA Requirements

Minutes: BGS/Genesis weekly team meeting - Aug/31/2015

Aug/24/2015

  • BGS
    • LF lab reconfig status
    • Arno SR1 - status
  • Genesis
    • Work procedures
    • Initial set of Jira tickets for requirements definition
    • Outline of doc structure in git

Minutes: BGS/Genesis weekly team meeting - Aug/24/2015

Aug/17/2015

Agenda:

  • LF lab reconfig status
  • Arno SR1 - brief status
  • Genesis - next steps

Minutes: BGS/Genesis weekly team meeting - Aug/17/2015

Aug/10/2015

Agenda:

  • LF lab reconfig status & next steps
  • Arno SR1 - brief status
  • Finalize Genesis project proposal

Minutes: BGS weekly team meeting - Aug/10/2015

Aug/3/2015

Agenda:

  • Brief status (progress towards Arno SR1)
  • LF lab reconfig status (to allow for sequential deployment with different deployment tools)
  • Genesis project formation: Continue discussion on initial set of requirements

Minutes: BGS weekly team meeting - Aug/3/2015

July/27/2015

Agenda:

  • Brief status (progress towards Arno SR1)
  • LF lab reconfig status (to allow for sequential deployment with different deployment tools)

Minutes: BGS weekly team meeting - July/27/2015

July/20/2015

Agenda:

  • Brief status (progress towards Arno SR1)
  • LF lab reconfig status (to allow for sequential deployment with different deployment tools)

Minutes: BGS weekly team meeting - July/20/2015

July/13/2015

Agenda:

  • Brief status (progress towards Arno SR1)
  • LF lab reconfig (to allow for sequential deployment with different deployment tools)
  • Transition of installers in Arno to their own installer projects

Minutes: BGS weekly team meeting - July/13/2015

June/29/2015

Agenda:

  • Arno updates: Deployment experiences and progress towards Arno SR1
  • Genesis as evolution of BGS

Minutes: BGS weekly team meeting - June/29/2015

June/22/2015

Agenda:

  • Agenda bashing
  • Arno release recap
    • Gather learnings from Arno (what went well, what did not)
  • Next steps for BGS
    • Maintenance/service release contents for Arno (BGS perspective)
    • Steps towards finishing BGS
  • Planning and communication tools for B-River (Debra)

Detailed meeting minutes

Brief minutes:

  • Arno release recap (what went well, what can be improved)
    • Cross collaboration between projects (BGS, Octopus, Functest, Docs, Pharos) went well.
    • Great commitment and engagement from all participating team members
    • Delivery per schedule (once we agreed on a delivery time within the team)
    • Early articulation of requirements - and common agreement on these requirements will help project success (for Arno, we were learning requirements at times on the fly).
    • LF lab setup took longer than expected (we should try to do better on potential extensions in the future)
    • It would have been nice to have more field labs available to developers (only two of the many OPNFV labs were open access to the community).
    • Clarification of LF lab purpose and use is needed moving forward.
    • Better documentation (youtube videos, guides, etc.) desirable.
    • Improve "signal to noise" ratio on opnfv-tech-discuss alias. Drive people to tag emails properly, so that filtering is more usable.
  • Next steps for BGS
    • Service release (SR) definition and timing
      • SR for Arno will only include minor updates from upstream but avoid major upstream (i.e. no change from ODL Helium to Lithium or O/S Juno to Kilo). In addition, it'll include bug-fixes to OPNFV provided scripts etc.
      • Target time frame for first Arno SR: September 2015.
  • Planning and communication tools for Brahmaputra
    • Debra gave a brief overview. Presentation was attached to her email to opnfv-tech-discuss.

June/2/2015

BGS weekly team meeting - June/3/2015

June/2/2015

BGS weekly team meeting - June/2/2015

June/1/2015

BGS weekly team meeting - June/1/2015

Brief summary and Laundry list updates:

  1. POD1 auto deploy with ODL and automated testing.
    • generated a new patch and it is deployign now. Currently ODL is not deployed from jenkins.
    • need to login and run the scripts to turn on the ODL and set the networks via the two scripts
      • stage_odl.sh - starts the ODL container and sets it up
      • config_net_odl.sh - changes the networking to the way we want
    • you will still need to remove manualy any networks/ routers, etc -> not scripted yet
  2. bootable ISO for Foreman
    • overcame block from last week and have tests launching.
    • should have enough of a test by COB today to report something more concrete tomorrow
  3. documentation of failing tests
    • we have currently several errors on Tempes, some are already documented in the wiki, we need to move it to the rst
    • additionnaly there are false errors due to bad configuration of tempest, trying to resubmit something, it will fix all the invalid Creds errors
    • 2 main errors remaining: Miltiple possible networks (conf workaround in progress - known issue) + networks issues (post commit on update/create network/subnet/port/...)
  4. finalize vPing
    • seems that the second VM does not get IP ..troubleshooting in progress -> this is highes prio
  5. ODL tests ok on both PODs
    • ODL deployment on POD1 in progress
    • POD2 - Most of tests PASS, three tests expected to fail (odl bug), other three are failing unexpectedly-> toubleshooting

May/29/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/29/2015

Brief summary and Laundry list updates:

  1. POD1 auto deploy with ODL and automated testing.
    • no time to progress on POD1 yet
  2. bootable ISO for Foreman
    • nothing new, still fighting with vagrant to get an environment up and happy to make progress in
  3. documentation of failing tests (and why they fail) - ideally reproducible test results
    • functest-opnfv-jump2 is now sunny in Jenkins...7 last run OK, but... by OK it means only that the tests were launched..still lots of errors
    • focus on vPing/ODL suite troubleshooting on POD2: not very successfull, it was even not possible to start a VM from horizon (strange host not found error), troubleshooting to be done with Tim beginning of next week
    • on POD2 we may assume that most of the failures are due to network issues (there are ODL known bugs but booting a VM shall be possible...then fixing vPing and ODL suite is the priority)
    • discussion with Rally community => tempest.conf auto generated file mechanism not fully up to date. Misconfiguration is responsible for 9 keystone v3 related test on tempest smoke test
  4. finalize vPing
    • there is nothing to finalize in vPing, if the VMs dont spawn because of whatever neutron problem, vping will not work for sure
  5. ODL tests ok on both PODs
    • Now Fails due to error during Network creation on Ostack
  6. documentation finalized
    • expectation: Docs will be finalized on Wednesday

May/28/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/28/2015

Laundry list created:

  1. POD1 auto deploy with ODL and automated testing.
  2. bootable ISO for Foreman
  3. documentation of failing tests (and why they fail) - ideally reproducible test results
  4. finalize vPing
  5. ODL tests ok on both PODs
  6. documentation finalized

May/27/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/27/2015

May/26/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/26/2015

May/25/2015

Note: The meeting will be an IRC-only meeting. We'll meet on #opnfv-meeting on freenode. Only in case we encounter an urgent need for a live discussion during the meeting we'll setup an audio call.

Agenda:

  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • Functest status update (Morgan)
  • Opnfvdocs status update (Chris)
  • BGS status update (POD1/POD2 automatic deployment)
  • Update "laundry list" created on May/18 - reflect latest status
    1. Successful auto-deploy on both PODs
    2. Resolution and/or root-cause explanation of several test cases. Achieve fully comparable test results across both PODs. Failures can be categorized into four main buckets:
      1. multiple networks present (some tests expect single network)
      2. quota exceeded (Neutron defaults are smaller than what tests create)
      3. lack of proper external connectivity
      4. transient failures (non-repeatable failures)
    3. ISO bootable disk image available for Foreman/Quickstack
    4. Docs completed
    5. Patches for auto-deploys (external network connectivity)
    6. ODL test suite running and automated

High-level notes:

Due to public holidays in US and parts of Europe, noone joined the meeting. Meeting agenda will be discussed tomorrow during daily BGS.

BGS weekly team meeting - May/25/2015

May/22/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/22/2015

May/21/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/21/2015

May/20/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/20/2015

May/19/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/19/2015

May/18/2015

Note: The meeting will be an IRC-only meeting. We'll meet on #opnfv-meeting on freenode. Only in case we encounter an urgent need for a live discussion during the meeting we'll setup an audio call.

Agenda:

  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • Functest status update (Morgan)
  • Opnfvdocs status update (Chris)
  • BGS status and workplan review (Arno release readiness status) (All)
    • Status update (POD1/POD2 automatic deployment)
    • Issues which need attention

Detailed meeting minutes May/18th/2015

High-level summary notes:

  • List of key open items identified by the BGS team on May/18 to reach release readiness:
    • Successful auto-deploy on both PODs (update on May/19: Autodeploy now works on POD1 and POD2)
    • Resolution and/or root-cause explanation of several test cases. Achieve fully comparable test results across both PODs. Failures can be categorized into four main buckets:
      1. multiple networks present (some tests expect single network) - to be addressed by config changes
      2. quota exceeded (Neutron defaults are smaller than what tests create) - to be addressed by config changes
      3. lack of proper external connectivity - to be addressed by a patch (draft exists already)
      4. transient failures (non-repeatable failures) - requires more research (failures are mostly seen in frequent reruns of the same test with Rally. I.e. it could be due to non-perfect cleanup of system state in-between tests, etc. For Arno, this means we likely can only document the behavior, rather than provide a solution.
    • ISO bootable disk image available for Foreman/Quickstack (there is one, but it’s not yet fully functional)
    • Docs completed (draft docs are available – but need completion)
    • Patches for auto-deploys (external network connectivity)
    • ODL test suite running and automated (basic ODL testing works (test status wiki) - pending: full test suite and automation)
  • Discussion on potential release date: High-level of confidence in the team to achieve a release date of June/4th (90% confidence) - and having above listed open items addressed. Confidence level drops significantly when May/28 would be the target for Arno (several folks out for either OpenStack, training, or vacation between now and May/28).

May/15/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/15/2015

May/14/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/14/2015

May/13/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/13/2015

May/12/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/12/2015

May/11/2015

Note: The meeting will be an IRC-only meeting. We'll meet on #opnfv-meeting on freenode. Only in case we encounter an urgent need for a live discussion during the meeting we'll setup an audio call.

Agenda:

  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • OpenStack Summit Vancouver: BGS meet-up?
  • Functest status update (Morgan)
  • BGS status and workplan review (Arno release readiness status) (All)
    • Status update
    • Issues which need attention

Meeting minutes May/11th/2015

May/8/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/8/2015

May/7/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/7/2015

May/6/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/6/2015

May/5/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - May/5/2015

May/4/2015

Note: The meeting will be an IRC-only meeting. We'll meet on #opnfv-meeting on freenode. Only in case we encounter an urgent need for a live discussion during the meeting we'll setup an audio call.

Peter Bandzi will host the call.

Agenda:

  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • Functest status update (Morgan)
  • BGS status and workplan review (Arno release readiness status) (All)
    • Status update
    • Issues which need attention

Meeting minutes May/4th/2015

April/30/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - Apr-30-2015

Note that there is no daily checkin on May/1 due to May/1 being a public holiday in many countries.

April/29/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - Apr-29-2015

April/28/2015

BGS daily synch on release readiness - Apr-28-2015

April/27/2015

Note: The meeting will be an IRC-only meeting. We'll meet on #opnfv-meeting on freenode. Only in case we encounter an urgent need for a live discussion during the meeting we'll setup an audio call.

Agenda:

  • Roll call
  • Agenda bashing
  • Functest status update (incl. tests planned for Arno, testing requirements) (Morgan)
  • LF hardware config: changes / finalization (PeterB)
  • BGS status and workplan review (Arno release readiness status) (All)
    • Status update
    • Issues which need attention
  • Plan for daily BGS release readiness meetings

meeting minutes

April/24/2015

Minutes: BGS daily synch on release readiness - Apr-24-2015

April/23/2015

Minutes: BGS daily synch on release readiness - Apr-23-2015

April/22/2015

Minutes: BGS daily synch on release readiness - Apr-22-2015

April/21/2015

Minutes: BGS daily synch on release readiness - Apr-21-2015

April/20/2015

Note: The meeting will be an IRC-only meeting. We'll meet on #opnfv-meeting on freenode. Only in case we encounter an urgent need for a live discussion during the meeting we'll setup an audio call.

Agenda:

Detailed meeting minutes

Note: Next meeting is Apr/21 - 9am PDT.

April/13/2015

Note: This meeting will be an IRC-only meeting. We'll meet on #opnfv-meeting on freenode. Only in case we encounter an urgent need for a live discussion during the meeting we'll setup an audio call.

Agenda:

meeting minutes

April/7/2015

Agenda:

Detailed meeting minutes

Mar/30/2015

Agenda:

  • Housekeeping/Administrivia
    • Agenda bashing
    • IRC note taker
    • Daniel Smith promotion to committer
    • Next BGS meeting (April/6 is a holiday in some counties - Easter)
  • BGS status and workplan review (see also https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/bgs):
    • Past milestone review (March/26):
      • Description of target system state
      • Common components (puppet manifests) for "OPNFV-INSTALLATION and MAINTENANCE" phase available in "common" directory of the genesis repository
    • Upcoming Milestone (RC0 - Apr/2):
      • Code complete (common components frozen, all functionality in place - "OPNFV-INSTALLATION and MAINTENANCE" phase)
      • Scripts for automatic build of a bootable "all in one" disk ISO image (bootable disk ISO image is to install the "jumphost" with the installer etc.; from there, the installation of the other nodes of the system is driven)
    • Additional status check:
      • Common tests (BGS perspective; in case we have folks from FuncTest on the call, they could chime in and complement)
      • Deploy scripts ("deploy bootable ISO disk image to a Pharos-compliant lab")
      • Documentation

Detailed meeting minutes

Mar/23/2015

Agenda:

Detailed meeting minutes.

Mar/16/2015

Agenda:

Detailed meeting minutes.

Mar/10/2015

Agenda:

  • Working better together
    • Brainstorm how we can work better together, get more review activity in Gerrit, get more commonality in what we do, etc.
  • Common code in BGS

Meeting minutes

Mar/9/2015

Agenda:

Detailed meeting minutes. Note that we ran out of time and did not tackle the "working better together" and "common code in BGS" items. We're setting up a dedicated meeting for this for tomorrow, March/10 - 9am PDT.

Mar/2/2015

Weekly team meeting: detailed meeting minutes

Feb/23/2015

Weekly team meeting: detailed meeting minutes

Feb/16/2015

Weekly team meeting: detailed meeting minutes

Draft plan for BGS moving forward: See https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/bgs

Planned high-level schedule for BGS (per Feb/16/2015):

  • End of Feb: Base installer completed (Foreman/Quickstack and Fuel approach)
  • End of Feb: automated ODL - O/S installation (both approaches)
  • Mid March: Installation to OPNFV hardware, integration with CI/Jenkins
  • End of March: Tempest / Robot scenario tests available and automatically triggered by CI/Jenkins

Feb/11/2015

Interlock meeting between OpenDaylight and OPNFV teams. Key objective of the meeting was to tackle the current set of issues the OPNFV BGS team found while trying to integrate OpenStack and ODL.

meeting minutes of the ODL-OPNFV interlock meeting

Feb/9/2015

Attendees:
Bertrand Souville; Bin Hu (AT&T); Christopher Price; Dave Neary; David Blaisonneau - Orange; Gasparakis, Joseph; Godley, Michael; Joe Kidder; Jonas Bjurel; Julien; MatthewLi; Peter Bandzi; Peter Lapos; prakash; Praveen Kumar; Radez; Reinaldo Penno; Smith, Brian (Bell Canada); Frank Brockners; Tim Rozet;

these are names logged by goto meeting - so possibly the list might not be complete

Notes:
meeting minutes

Feb/2/2015

Notes:

BGS Feb 2, 2015 meeting minutes

Jan/26/2015

Atendees:
Arnaud Morin arnaud1.morin@orange.com, Bin Hu (AT&T) tech-projects@opnfv.org, Bob Monkman bob.monkman@arm.com, Carlos Goncalves carlos.goncalves@neclab.eu, Christopher Price christopher.price@ericsson.com, Dan Radez, Fatih Degirmenci fatih.degirmenci@ericsson.com, Fatih Degirmenci fatih.degirmenci@ericsson.com, Frank Brockners fbrockne@cisco.com, Frank Zdarsky (Red Hat) fzdarsky@redhat.com, Gabor Balogh (Kopas) gabor.balogh@ericsson.com, Gasparakis Joseph joseph.gasparakis@intel.com, Jonas Bjurel jonas.bjurel@ericsson.com, Kevin Smith kevin.m.smith@intel.com, Michael Lynch michael.a.lynch@intel.com, Palani C pals@cisco.com, Peter Bandzi, Peter Lapos tech-projects@opnfv.org, Praveen Kumar, Rajeev Seth, Rytkonen, Marika (NSN - FI/Espoo), Tim Rozet trozet@redhat.com, zhifeng jiang.zhifeng@zte.com.cn

Notes:
meeting minutes

Recording:
2015-01-26_17.10_opnfv_bootstrap_getstarted_weekly_team_meeting.m4a.zip

Jan/19/2015

Atendees:
Arnaud Morin, Bin Hu (AT&T), Carlos Goncalves, Christopher Price, Dan Radez, Frank Brockners (fbrockne), Gasparakis Joseph, Ignas Bagdonas, Jonas Bjurel, Michael Lynch, Mike Young, Peter Bandzi, Peter Lapos, Praveen Kumar, Tim Rozet, zhifeng, ????, Dave Neary (Red Hat)

Notes:

  • Requirement for BGS installer: support for bare-metal install, High Availability
  • Dan Radez: Red Hat has already been workning on plain puppets modules, which integrates Juno Openstak, ODL, OVS. (HA capability not yet finnished). Dan will send more info via mail.
  • release nr. 1 expected output: installer code (for production environment), documentation how to use it, tempest test scenarios accross openstack, odl... We don't want to test NFV functions itself, we do want to make sure we can deploy them.
  • Jenkins testing environment proposal: puppet modules install Openstack, ODL... Tempest tests make sure it is installed properly
  • Jonas Bjurel: Erricson setup is accessible now and is about to improve the way we can access.
  • We will review proposal from Dan Radez till the next meeting.

Dec/1/2014

Attendees: Hu Bin, Carlos Goncalves, Chris Price, Gerald Kunzman, Ian Wells, Jonas Bjurel, Luc Lemieux, Marika Rythonen, Markus Berglund, Morgan Richomme, Palani Chinnakannan, Paul Quinn, Reinaldo Penno, Richard Hill, Stefan Berg, Ulrich Kleber, Wes Hayutin, Frank Brockners.

Recording: https://cisco.webex.com/ciscosales/lsr.php?RCID=9b3fbe68188c4dae87df48a8af3140d1

Notes:

  • Brief review of project proposal: https://wiki.opnfv.org/get_started/get_started_project_proposal
  • Brief review of candidate work items: https://wiki.opnfv.org/get_started/get_started_work_items
  • Project Bootstrap/Get-started is picking an initial set of components to “get started”. Integration is expected to be done in a way that allows for future extension and replacement of components for alternatives (e.g. use a different forwarder, use a different Linux distro, use a different installer etc.)
  • We’ll evolve the list of candidate work items and will further refine the list of components (details on versions etc.).

Expectation is that everyone updates the wiki, so that towards the end of the week, we can create a first draft of a release plan – which is required to be available by Dec/9 (TSC project review).

  • We’ll create a list of open and closed questions as they relate to Bootstrap/Get-started: https://wiki.opnfv.org/get_started/open_questions
  • Meetings:
    • No voice calls for now. We’ll use daily IRC meetings to coordinate instead.
    • IRC: #opnfv-bgs on freenode.net
    • IRC daily get-togethers/hangouts at 6am PT (=2pm UTC) and 5pm PT (=1am UTC)
  • Email:
    • We’ll continue to use the open-tech-discuss mailing list. Flag your messages with [BGS] on the subject to allow for easier filtering.
  • No labels