Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 

Dovetail Home

Dovetail Team Meetings

Meeting Info

Intro & Rules

Meeting agendas and minutes are kept below. If you would like to add an item to the agenda, please insert it into the appropriate meeting agenda (upcoming) and inform the chair. Please do NOT change past meeting minutes, if you believe there is an inaccuracy, please inform the chair.( as agreed by the dovetial meeting, the minutes will be recorded by the IRC,Jan 13)

Meetings

Action Items

  • xudan will tag the web portal containers as ovp-2.0.0
  • xudan will ask Trevor to update the live web portal after the new web portal container images have been built


December 12, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-12-12-14.03.html


December 5, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-12-05-13.03.html


November 28, 2018

  • propose to change meeting time
  • Exemption process and technical solution for Vxlan required test cases
  • Plugfest plan (not discussed)
  • AOB (not discussed)

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-11-28-14.02.html


November 21, 2018

  • JIRA clean and review open JIRA tickets
  • AOB 

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-11-21-14.05.html


November 14, 2018

  • Web portal development
  • Patch review
  • JIRA clean and review open JIRA tickets
    • Failed when running on Apex  DOVETAIL-751 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Other work items
  • AOB 

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-11-14-14.03.html


November 7, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-11-07-14.00.html


October 31, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-10-31-14.03.html


October 24, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-10-24-14.01.html


October 17, 2018

  • Dovetail webportal tag and logo issue
  • PTL transition: Current Progress
  • Etherpad with 2019.0x scope - Next actions
  • JIRA Tickets: Currently Opened and Creation of New
  • Handling of Offline scripts in Dovetail repo (not discussed)
  • VNFSDK integration: Current Progress (not discussed)
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-10-17-14.06.html


October 10, 2018

  • AP follow-up
  • Release planning
  • Implementation status
  • ONAP integration
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-10-10-14.04.html


October 3, 2018

  • Committer promotion
  • PTL transition
  • report from OVS unconference session at ONS Europe (Georg, tentative)
  • input from the compliance verification committee (Georg, tentative)
  • release planning (revisiting the etherpad and JIRA)
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-10-03-14.07.html


September 26, 2018

  • cancelled


September 19, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-09-19-14.01.html


September 12, 2018

  • AP follow-up
  • Identity v2 support
    • approval of updated scope pending
  • release preparations
    • official OVP version will be 2018.09
      • rename occurrences in the code
    • update live web portal afterwards
  • begin scoping the focus of the 2019.0x release
  • committer promotion proposals
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-09-12-14.01.html


September 5, 2018

  • AP follow-up
  • status of pre-testing
  • JIRA review
  • release preparations
  • release decision
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-09-05-12.08.html


August 29, 2018

  • AP follow-up
  • Status of pre-testing on commercial platforms
  • Test case status
    • Status of proposed tests
    • OpenStack interop tests
      • correct number of tests: 200?
      • final update of number test cases
    • CI runs of Fuel and Compass
  • Documentation status
    • documentation links added to opnfvdocs (master, stab/fraser pending)
    • addendum updated (under review)
    • reviewer guide (under review)
    • documentation links on web portal
    • release notes (merged)
    • user guide (merged)
  • Release candidate
    • tag repo and push image
  • Anything else release related
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-08-29-14.08.html

August 22, 2018

  • Status of pre-testing on commercial platforms
  • Test cases status
    • HA tests
    • OS interop tests
    • Support for Identity v2 tempest tests
  • Documentation status
    • Close finished tickets
    • Release notes
    • Final check of user guide
  • Release candidate
    • Create stable branch: stable/fraser
    • Push release candidate tag: ovp-2.0.0-rc1
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-08-22-14.02.html


August 1, 2018

  • Meetings next two weeks
  • Pre-testing
  • JIRA ticket review
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-08-01-14.04.html


July 25, 2018

  • Vacation Georg
  • Release timeline and preparations
    • Pre-testing on commercial systems
    • Release candidate
    • Marketing preparations
    • Missing items
  • CI status
    • Disable proposed tests test suite in CI to save resources
  • Development update
    • Web portal
    • Merge pending patches
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-07-25-14.05.html


July 18, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-07-18-14.01.html


July 11, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-07-11-14.01.html


July 4, 2018

  • Test case status
    • HA test cases in CI
    • VNF test cases in CI
  • Documentation status
  • Web portal status
    • updated testcases.json to read new result files
    • moving code to separate repo
  • Integration of test cases in Functest

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-07-04-09.01.html


June 27, 2018

  • commercial pre-testing
  • test scope
    • IPv6
    • API tests: mandatory
    • scenario tests: optional
    • networking
    • API tests: mandatory
    • scenario tests: optional
    • bottlenecks out
    • not passing in daily loops
    • Snaps mandatory
    • passing on all platforms in daily loops
  • urgent work items
    • web portal update for new result format DOVETAIL-672 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Documentation of new test cases, adaptation of old ones DOVETAIL-597 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • investigate offline support for VNF test cases
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-06-27-14.01.html


June 20, 2018

  • Input from Rabi (Vodafone) on performance tests

Talk proposals for ONS Europe and Open Source Summit Europe

CI status and test case selection

  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-06-20-14.01.html


June 13, 2018

  • plugfest recap
  • test API broken due to Dovetail requirements?
  • release plan review & TSC update
  • CI status & test case selection
  • AOB
    • remove JOID from releng scripts

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-06-13-14.00.html


May 30, 2018

  • web portal update
  • proposal for a first performance test for OVP
  • critical bug: vping reported as passed despite failing
  • plugfest preparation
  • CI status
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-05-30-13.01.html


May 23, 2018

  • next week's call
  • web portal update
  • plugfest update
  • CI status
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-05-23-14.00.html

May 16, 2018

  • Marketplace on web portal (Eddie)
  • plugfest update
  • OpenStack Summit update
  • SNAPs smoke test suite
  • CI status
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-05-16-14.01.html


May 9, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-05-09-14.00.html


May 2, 2018

  • plugfest preparation
    • Dovetail track
    • office hour
  • status of CI runs
  • release work items for next release ( DOVETAIL-597 - Getting issue details... STATUS )
    • integration of new test cases
    • neutron_trunk
    • patrole
    • juju_epc
    • MySQL HA test (TC090)
    • Corosync HA test (TC057)
    • question
    • how to handle skipped test cases?
    • add list of exception
  • service release of OVP 2018.01
    • update documentation, participation form

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-04-25-14.01.html


April 25, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-04-25-14.01.html


April 18, 2018

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-04-18-14.00.html


April 11, 2018

  • Implementation of exemption
  • ESTI plugtest / OPNFV plugfest planning
  • Next Release
  • Test case structure
  • CI Status (Euphrates)
  • Framework refactoring

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-04-11-14.02.html


March 21, 2018

  • Next two meetings
  • ONS session
  • Status of Dovetail runs in CI
  • Release roadmap
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-03-21-14.00.html


March 13, 2018

  • Strict API exemption process - next steps
  • ONS session - brief update
  • Roadmap discussion and JIRA ticket review (slides)

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-03-14-14.01.html


March 7, 2018

  • Strict API exemption process - review of TSC feedback and next steps
  • lack of CI resources - run Dovetail on Euphrates or Fraser; impact on OVP 2.0
  • roadmap discussion - release date of OVP 2.0.0 (slides)
  • meeting details - transition to Zoom and daylight saving changes
  • AOB

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-03-07-14.00.html


February 28, 2018

  • Update on exemption process proposal
  • ONS planning
  • JIRA triage
  • Euphrates scope / patchset review
  • HA test cases
  • Unified test case file

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-02-28-14.04.htm

Feb 14, 2018

  • ONS update
  • Committer promotions
  • Euphrates release scope
  • Fraser release scope
  • Consistency of test cases

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-02-14-14.00.html

Feb 7, 2018

Jan 31, 2018

  • Dovetail / ONAP VNF SDK integration demo - Moshe

Dovetail 1.0.0 (OVP 2018.01) launch

Jan 24, 2018

Jan 19, 2018

  • Team Logistics
    • Potential Dovetail weekly meeting change - change to Wednesday only has one objection currently
    • Gerrit - use Dovetail Team group for broad reviews of core changes moving forwardEuphrates release
    • Begin integration of Euphrates Functest & Yardstick containers - use master and update Dovetail conf file to pull new dependent containers
    • Update on Yardstick test cases - drop 57 from consideration - focus on 25, 56, 58
    • Functest-features - leverage new test cases for sdnvpn
    Drafting test specifications: Yardstick HA, Functest smoke, sdnvpn
    • Begin drafting for test areas targeted for Fraser and beyond: NFVI performance (determine consensus after skeleton draft), VNF lifecycle stability
    • Confirm relaxing strict API checking in Tempest and discuss patch - form broader perspective before adding patch 
    ONAP VNF SDK Integration
    • Creating project with container artifact similar to Yardstick
    • Will establish further cross-team communication channels Dovetail 1.0.0 (OVP 2018.01)Walkthrough of landing page, web portal and documents
    • Online 'participation form' - please note terminology change from 'application form'
    • External landing page - www.opnfv.org/verified
    • Review release notes before patch submission
    • Waiting on OPNFV marketing for final program/legal doc links (Governance + T&C) to finalize OVP portal revision and release notes
    • Launch next week (hopefully)
    • Resubmit process for first wave of OVP graduates
    Preferred Labs
    • Discuss overall meaning and tightening of qualifications in upcoming C&C meeting
  • Minutes:http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-01-19-13.48.html
  • Jan 12, 2018
    • Strict API checking in Tempest - Georg/Eddy
    • Agreed to consider relaxing strict checking in Euphrates release assuming community has no objection 
    • Continue discussion on Euphrates scope and timing
    • Content - discuss feasibility 
      • 4 HA Yardstick tests cases discussed in Dec 15 Dovetail meeting (25, 56, 57, 58)
      • Functest Euphrates
        • functest-smoke 
          • Tiers: refstack-defcore, tempest_smoke_serial, rally_sanity, snaps_smoke
          • Identified some new test cases from tempest_smoke_serial and snaps_smoke
        • functest-vnf
          • Tiers: cloudify_ims, orchestra_openims, or orchestra_clearwaterims
          • Cloudify & OpenBaton orchestrators / Clearwater & OpenIMS VNF
          • Discuss if cloudify_ims can be employed as a use-case test scenario 
      • Bottlenecks / VNF lifecycle stability - probably a long-shot for an E-release
    • Framework - discuss priority 
      • Decoupling of test content from framework to support dev testing and other LFN communities/projects
      • Improved test execution - see new JIRA ticket - DOVETAIL-581
        • Object clean-up/deletion for failed test runs
      • Config file unification and/or interactive generator
      • Improved summary reporting
      • Debug tools - tracing to monitor system messaging and object creation
    • Reviewed outstanding Dovetail 1.0.0 (OVP 2018.01) release deliverables - please approve outstanding Gerrit patches
    • Minutes:http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-dovetail/2018/opnfv-dovetail.2018-01-12-13.52.html
  • Jan 5, 2018
  • Dec 29, 2017
    • Cancelled
  • Dec 22
    • Holiday meeting schedule - skip Dec 29th and resume Jan 5th
    • Introduced Jack Chan - OVP portal developer 
    • Reviewed ongoing technical issues
    • Wind River - discussion on tempest test cases where schemas do strict checking of additional metadata added to REST messages. Currently 'additionalProperties' is set to false in tempest schemas, which causes some test cases to fail
    • Amdocs ONAP VNF conformance / Dovetail integration PoC - Bruce T provided overview
    • Update on Dovetail / OPNFV Installer CI jobs - Xudan - added to both Daisy/Fuel jobs
    • Dovetail 1.0.0 (OVP 2018.01) release deliverables 
    • Georg made changes in documentation for the CVP to OVP naming change
    • Put release notes into master and cherry pick to stable/danube
    • Euphrates release scope and timing - Framework, Functest, Yardstick HA
    • Bottlenecks / VNF lifecycle stability - begin methodology work
    • Consider tracing capability for framework
    • Discussed a possible March release for Euphrates with limited scope 
    • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2017/opnfv-meeting.2017-12-22-13.54.html
  • Dec 15

March 24,2017

March 17,2017

March 10,2017

  • We reviewed the dovetail plan brainstorming inputs and started to summarize into agreements and action items https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Dovetail+Danube+Plan  in today’s weekly call. The minutes can be found here:

    http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2017/opnfv-meeting.2017-03-10-14.00.html

     As part of the action items, the test case requirement criteria will be updated based on inputs collected in the last few weeks on etherpad, wiki pages and mailing list. Dave Neary took this action item to summarize and make the updated wiki page ready for community review. The page is: https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Dovetail+Test+Case+Requirements. Once updated and reviewed, these requirements will then be used as criteria when we start reviewing test cases for inclusion into the dovetail suite.

     Openstack is a major component in opnfv’s stacks and they have developed defcore/refstack for interoperability testing. This part will be incorporated as a whole for dovetail, and this model of upstream collaboration could be extended in the future. Some technical questions are still open but developers are making good progress to close them.

     A draft milestone time table is also in the plan page https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Dovetail+Danube+Plan. We are still working on validation of assumptions and resource assignments; you are welcome to review the milestones and give your inputs.

     As a last note, we are to finalize the plan and present to TSC for review on March 21 call, so if you like to give input please engage now. Next week is the only time we have. Thanks!

March 3,2017

Feb 24,2017

Feb.17,2017

Jan 20, 2017

  1. http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2017/opnfv-meeting.2017-02-10-14.00.html
  2. http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2017/opnfv-meeting.2017-02-10-14.00.log.html
  • Jan 13, 2017:

    -        http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2017/opnfv-meeting.2017-01-13-14.00.log.txt

    -        Chris Price had to drop off early and so IRC didn’t capture the second half of minutes: below is manually taken minutes by wenjing, please correct if you find anything not accurate

    -        Dovetail test case review: wiki https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/dovetail/Dovetail+Test+Areas+and+Test+Cases

    -        Vim operation 5 areas:  included

    -        Nfvi and mini-use cases: included, need complete more info in wiki to fully understand (action item: fill in more details)

    -        HA: included. description from HA project. Comment: we should put info in one place for easier access (action item: gather info and fill in here)

    -        Ipv6: included. Same as above to gather info in one place.

    -        Vpn or l3vpn: unclear if the l3vpn feature is completed fully in C release (action: to collect definitive answer for next review). Commented that it should be excluded on the ground of not yet mature and have adoption (see test case reqs & cvp description).

    -        Fault mgmt.: noted that the current feature has dependency on modules such as ceilometer, congress, vitrage etc. that have not yet maturity. To exclude/postpone.

    -        The other test case areas to be reviewed next time.

    -        Topic changed to process and time schedule.

    -        Documentation to-do: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/collabrationofdovetail. High level content agreed. Comment: it should have a self-contained format.

    -        Agreed gerrit review and commit process

    -        Test suite: compliance_set.yml: patches (one patch per area)

    -        Test case: e.g. ipv6_tc001.yml: 1 patch per case

    -        Tool: normal software patches

    -        Each area/feature: request project rep to review & cc TWG

    -        Agreed: report to TSC: next Tuesday

    -        Proposed time schedule

  • November 25, 2016: Minutes
  • November 18, 2016: Minutes
  • November 11, 2016: Minutes
  • November 4, 2016: Minutes
  • October 25, 2016: Minutes
  • October 21, 2016: Minutes
  • October 14, 2016: Minutes
  • October 7, 2016: Minutes
  • September 30, 2016: Minutes
  • September 16, 2016: Minutes
  • September 9, 2016: Minutes
  • September 2, 2016: Minutes
  • August 26, 2016: Minutes
  • August 19, 2016: Minutes
  • August 12, 2016: Minutes
  • August 5, 2016: Minutes
  • July 29, 2016: Minutes
  • July 22, 2016: Minutes
  • July 15, 2016: Minutes
  • July 8, 2016: Minutes
  • July 1, 2016: Minutes
  • May 27, 2016: Minutes
  • May 20, 2016: Minutes
  • April 1, 2016
  • March 18,2016:the meeting has been canseled due to the Hackfest meeting
  • March 11, 2016: Minutes
  • March 04, 2016: Minutes
  • February 26, 2016: Minutes
  • February 19, 2016: Minutes
  • January 29, 2016: Minutes
  • January 21, 2016: Minutes
  • January 07, 2016: Minutes

Mika Rautakumpu

 

  • Review any ongoing technical issues 
  • Dovetail 1.0.0 (OVP 2018.01) release planning 
    • Git branching/versioning update
    • OVP portal home page updates
    • Release notes

·         OPNFV installer SUT testing strategy per release

Euphrates: Available HA extensions test-cases

Euphrates: Audit of available functest test-cases

    • Ex. snap_smoke
  • Euphrates: Dovetail Framework
  • Results, Logging, Test Suite / Framework separation
  • Euphrates: discussion if bottlenecks test-cases should be targeted
    • Ex. VNF scale-up/out
    • Stress testing taxonomy from plugfest:
    • Stability, Overload Robustness, Reliability, Capacity and Scalability, Multi-Dimensional System Performance
  • Fraser & beyond: Use-case/performance testing – drafting of test specifications
  • Fraser & beyond: ONAP VVP (Heat) / VNF SDF (TOSCA) integration assessment
  • Other - TBD

final update of number test cases

  • No labels