Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Escalator Project Meeting

Logistics

Minutes for Mar 2, 2017

    1. kongwei2 (kongwei2, 13:08:56)
    2. zhouya (zhouya, 13:09:04)
    3. luyao
    4. zhuzeyu
  1. escalator status(kongwei2, 13:10:05)
    1. https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/26455(kongwei2, 13:22:10)
    2. luyao1 would use vmanage to fullfill daisy upgrade ?then eacalator can call the function. (kongwei2, 13:39:51)
    3. kongwei are working on 45th and 44th jira jobs (kongwei2, 13:40:22)
    4. we will talk about the '41: get cluster list from installer' tomorrow (kongwei2, 13:41:25)
    5. luyao1 would check the changes in gerrit, ID is:26455, 26461 (kongwei2, 13:42:31)
  2. how to get wersion info from daisy(from kolla)(kongwei2, 13:43:47)
    1. daisy can get openstack's version from kolla, but we need some time to do the code. (kongwei2, 13:49:38)
  3. AoB(kongwei2, 13:51:32)

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2017/opnfv-meeting.2017-03-02-13.08.html

Minutes for Dec 8, 2016 

  • Roll call
    • Wei Kong (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • The team discussed the Danube release plan 
    • Code of Escalator Frameworks was merged into master branch in GIT by Wei's develop team.
    • Test Cases were listed on Wiki by Jie
    • The Danube release plan meeting has been postponed to this Saturday 0:00am - 1:00am on Scenarios of Installers and projects.  
  • Actions:
    • Jie will attend the release plan meeting.
    • Jie will send E-mail to all committers to let them vote new committers by gerrit.
    • Wei will provide the detailed design of Escalator soon.
    • The develop team will add / update license info on all codes.
    • Wei will invite the developers to attend the Escalator project meeting.
  • AOB

Minutes for Nov 10, 2016 

  • Roll call
    • Wei Kong (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • The team discussed the Danube release plan 
    • Try to provide a set of test cases of Escalator w/ Daisy Installer for FuncTest
    • Try to provide API and Flowchart to describe the method of Escalator 
  • Actions:
    • Jie will contact PTL of Functest and attend the Functest meeting in next week.
    • Wei will prepair API and Flowchart.
  • AoB

Minutes for Sept 2rd, 2016 

  • Roll call
    • Wei Kong (ZTE)
    • Zhijiang Hu (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • The team discussed the enhancement of requirement document 
    • The scope will be revised to reflect the current major considerations of Escalator
      • Using Installer(s) as drivers to perform basic functions on the NFVI
      • Provide a frameworks to adapting various implementations of NFVO and VNFM, like Open-O, Tacker, etc.
    • An information flow chart is needed for the team to discuss the work flows
  • Question is raised on the plan of Escalator team for the left months in year of 2016
  • Actions:
    • JIRA ticket for Scope section
    • JIRA ticket for Team plan
  • AoB

Minutes for Sept 1st, 2016 

  • Roll call
    • Wei Kong (ZTE)
    • Zhijiang Hu (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • The team failed to meet on GTM today.
  • Decided to connect on the Friday afternoon.
  • AoB

Minutes for August 4th, 2016 

  • Roll call
    • Wei Kong (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • The team discuss the requirement document of Escalator.
  • The team decided to refine the requirements into two levels for letting the developer understand better what are needed to implement in OPNFV environment upgrade.
  • AoB

Minutes for July 21st, 2016 

We change to Bi-weekly meeting from July 21st, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Wei Kong (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • The team discuss the plan of Escalator, try to match the milestones listed in Colorado Release Plan as a template.
    • Escalator will identify the scenarios, like 'Grey-scale' upgrade, HA environment, etc.
    • Escalator will identify the functions which are similar in the Installer.
    • Escalator will co-op with Daisy4NFV and Genesis on API and flows
    • Escalator will consider CI 
  • The team decided to reduce the frequency of Goto Meeting to Bi-weeklyduring the summer.  And we will resume weekly meeting when nessary in the future.
  • AoB

Minutes for July 14th, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Wei Kong (ZTE)
    • Yanxian Zhang (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • The team tried to discuss the plan of Escalator, but Wei and Yanxian have some problem on their microphones
  • Jie proposed the team to vote on the schedule of project meeting on the next week.
  • AoB

Meeting is cancelled on June 23rd, 2016

Minutes for June 2nd, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Jianfei (Nokia)
    • Yuri Yuan (ZTE)
    • Zhijiang (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Zhijiang introduce the Daisy4NFV's highlighted features
    • Containerized service
    • Multicast images
    • Automatic discovery
    • Configuration templet
  • Questions were raised from escalator team: 
    • Q1:  If it is possible to containerize all upstream services?
    • A1: Daisy provides a tool to containerize.
    • Q2: How does the matched nodes be installed?
    • A2: First the nodes will be use PXE to boot a basic image to install a minimal OS, then it will pull the corresponding images to bootstrap the whole
    • Q3: How is the other installer to use the daisy API extension for OPNFV?
    • A3: It will provide node/software information from every installers for escalator using during the upgrade procedure.
  • Discuss the scope of escalator project on how to keep the information from installers.
  • AoB

Minutes for May 26th, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Zhijiang (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Zhijiang introduce the Daisy4NFV's highlighted features which the other OPNFV installers may not have at this time.
  • Jie proposed to restructure the Installer or Upgrader to two or three layers. This may help us to have a common Escalator for OPNFV in the future.
  • Discuss the plan of collaborate presentation on OPNFV Summit Berlin.
  • AoB

Minutes for May 19th, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Zhijiang (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Zhijiang introduce the containerized concept of Daisy4NFV
  • Jie suggested to change the 'Information Provider' to make its function more clear to the community.
  • Discuss the plan of collaborate presentation on OPNFV Summit Berlin.
  • AoB

Agenda for March 31st, 2016

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Discuss the changes and comments to the Requirements with Gerrit
  • Discuss the relationship between Escalator and Installers
  • Discuss coding plan of Escalator
  • Discuss Escalator's requirement to Release C
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for March 24th, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Jianfei (Nokia)
    • Yuri (ZTE)
    • Zhijiang (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Team reviewed part of the Genesis Requirements for the Installers
  • Discuss Release Colorado plan of Escalator
  • AoB

Agenda for March 24th, 2016

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Discuss the changes and comments to the Requirements with Gerrit
  • Discuss the relationship between Escalator and Installers
  • Discuss coding plan of Escalator
  • Discuss Escalator's requirement to Release C
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for March 17th, 2016

  • Roll Call
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Yuri (ZTE)
    • Zhijiang Hu (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Jie introduced the internal discussion in ZTE
    • ZTE is preparing to propose a new installer project 'Daisy' which is linked to Escalator
    • Daisy, the installer, will help Escalator to install the new version of software on the OPNFV platform
    • Escalator will get information of the current deployment, such as node ids, software version numbers etc from installers directly or indirectly
    • Liyi said that escalator need inventory management
    • Jie said that this will re-scope our project or make inventory management as a requirement to other project, like Genesis
    • Uli show his aware on people's react on the additional installer besides the four installers in Brahmaputra
    • Zhijiang and Yuri explained how Daisy acts as an example of installer for better supporting Escalator.
    • Jie asking support of Daisy from the team
  • Team review the changes from Liyi on Gerrit
    • Uli mentioned Liyi to add reviewers to his changes, then the team could receive the notifications of changes submitted on Gerrit.
  • Jie ask everyone in EU if the current time slot conflict with lunch time. The team confirmed not to change. Thanks!
  • Uli suggest that we should have a discuss on Escalator's plan to Rel-C next week.
  • AoB

Agenda for March 17th, 2016

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Discuss changes and comments on Gerrit
  • Confirm the editors of each chapters of requirements
  • Discuss the design consideration document if the time is enough
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for March 3rd, 2016

  • This meeting was not held, but discussions was carried on by E-mail.
  • Jie proposed to reduce the weekly meeting for giving the team more time on finalized the requirement document.
  • Team volunteered the editing task for each chapters of requirement document
   000-Contributors.rst               Jie Hu (ZTE)
   101-Scope.rst                      Jie Hu (ZTE)
   102-Terminologies.rst              Liyi Meng (Ericsson)
   103-Background.rst                 Malla Reddy (DoCoMo) + Serena (ZTE)  
   104-Requirements.rst               Liyi Meng (Ericsson) + Jie Hu (ZTE)
   105-Use_Cases.rst                  Jianfei Zhang (Nokia)  + Serena (ZTE)      
   106-Reference.rst                  Jie Hu (ZTE)
   1A1-Requirements_from_other_Projects.rst 	Malla Reddy (DoCoMo)
   1A2-Questionnaire_of_Escalator.rst 	?

{group3}

  • AoB

Agenda for March 3rd, 2016

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Discuss the comments to the Requirements
  • Discuss the editors to each chapter of requirements
  • Discuss the design consideration document if the time is enough
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for February 25th, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Serena (ZTE)
    • Yuri (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Jie introduced the progress after December and the escalator documents were delivered to Brahmaptra 1.0 release
  • Discuss the comments to the Requirements
    • Serena presented her comments: 1) Swap the order of Chapter 5 and Six, 2) Remove the Section 6.1
      • Team agreed the swapping
      • Team reached an agreement on move the content in Section 6.1 to somewhere in Terminologies
  • Jie reported a new work item, SWUP (Software Upgrade) is approved in ETSI ISG NFV #13. Its scope covers all software in NFV. It would be a valuable standard reference for our Escalator project. Jie will share SWUP to the team by E-mail.
  • Discuss the future plan of escalator after Brahmaptra
    • Continue to refine the Requirements document. A work flow section will be added into the requirements for the team have a common understanding on the usage of escalator.
    • An email will sent for calling volunteers for the editors for each chapter.
    • To focus on the Design Considerations. Begin with analysis the relationship of Escalator and Genesis
    • Try to figure out the coding plan of Escalator if it is possible to be included in Release C or D.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda for February 25th, 2016

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Discuss the comments to the Requirements
  • Discuss the re-grouping of requirements and work flows of using escalator
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for January 28th, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Jie (ZTE)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Serena (ZTE)
  • Exchanging information about Bhramputra release and the plan for future works
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
    • Meetings on Feb 4, 11, 18 will be cancelled for Chinese Holiday and ETSI NFV #13 meeting.
  • AoB

Agenda for January 28th, 2016

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Discuss the plan for developing the codes of Escalator.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for January 21th, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Jie (ZTE)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Serena (ZTE)
  • Jie hand-over the meeting to Malla and leave meeting for travelling.
  • Malla exchanged the information for other project in OPNFV community with Serena.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda for January 21th, 2016

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Discuss the Requirement and Gap Analysis
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for January 14th, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Jie (ZTE)
    • Serena (ZTE)
    • Zhong (ZTE)
    • Julien (ZTE)
  • Discuss the plan for coding of escalator and target release
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda for January 14th, 2016

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Discuss the Requirement and Gap Analysis
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for January 7th, 2016

  • Roll call
    • Jie (ZTE)
    • Serena (ZTE)
    • Zhong (ZTE)
  • Discuss the drafting plan on current empty parts of the documents
    • Jie will draft the overall work flow of the operation using the escalator.
    • Serena will review the documents and give her comments and suggestions.
    • Zhong will consider the interfaces and configuration.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda for January 7th, 2016

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Discuss the Requirement and Gap Analysis
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for December 17th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Serena (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • The new structure of Requirement
    • Jie introduced that three documents were available on the gerrit.opnfv.org
      • User Requirements
      • Design Considerations
      • Gap Analysis Report
    • Maria helped the team to review the Requirements.pdf
      • Minor formatting errors still existed
      • Text need to be polished
      • Requirements need to be categorized
      • References need to be updated
    • Jie promised to provide text and diagram for Escalator's Work Flows
  • GoToMeetings for next two weeks may have to cancelled for Christmas and New Year of 2016
  • AoB

Agenda for December 17th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Discuss the Requirement and Gap Analysis
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for December 10th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Jianfei (Nokia)
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Serena (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • The new structure of Requirement
    • Jie introduced the Escalator-31:Adjusting the structure of REQ.
    • Liyi suggested the team to review the PDF version ESCALATOR Release draft (6bb26e6)
    • Maria pointed out the figure in 12.1 should move to chapter three Scope.
    • Jie asked the team to have a quick review on structure, and the issue plan to be closed on this Saturday.
  • Team review the JIRA issues and closed some finished or some issues not applicable yet
    • Maria suggested that we can start the Gap Analysis by Appendix in Part II.
    • Team discussed on the investigation issues, maybe we need pay efforts on it, but no easier way to solve them.
  • Team also discussed on the enlarged scope of OPNFV.
  • AoB

Agenda for December 10th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Review the new structured Requirement document in Gerrit
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for December 3rd, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Jianfei (Nokia)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Serena (ZTE, feng.xiaowei@zte.com.cn)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Jie proposed the team to have a discussion on adjusting the structure of Requirement documents.
  • Team reviewed and commented the ToC.
  • Team reached an agreement on the new structure as following:
   Part I Pure Requirements
   00-Author
     Project Members / Contributor
   01-Scope
   02-Terminology
   021-Terminology
   022-Abbreviations
   03-Background
   04-Requirement
   040-Work Flows
      Describes the different types of requirements.
      To have a table to label the source of the requirements, e.g. Doctor, Multi-site, etc.
   041 Functional Requirements, e.g. Availability mechanism, etc.
   042 Non-functional Requirements, e.g. performance, time, etc.
   05-Use Cases
   06-Reference
   A.I.1 Input requirements from other projects
   A.I.2 Questionnaire of Escalator

{group3}

   Part II Design Considerations
   01-Reference Architecture
   02-Information Flows
   03-Administrative Interfaces
   031-CLI
   032-RestFul API
   04-Configuration and Logging
   041-Configuration Format
   042-Log Format
   A.II-Appendix

{group3}

  • AoB

Agenda for December 3rd, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Review the Requirement document in Gerrit
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for Novmeber 26th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Review the Escalator documents in artifacts.opnfv.org. Issues are found as
    • files are not in the right position. ./docs/docs/....
    • .pdf files are not generated
  • Review and edit the Brahmaputra Milestone D Report of Escalator Project
  • Review the structure of the Requirement Document and discuss the plan to make adjustment.
    • The requirement document will restructured as two major parts: 1) Pure requirements part based on the Network Operator's needs; 2) Design part for collecting code implementation considerations.
    • First version of Requirement document will put into /docs/For_Review
    • Jie will send the changed documents via email to the team for asking comments.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda for November 26th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Review the Requirement document in Gerrit
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for November 19th, 2015

Agenda for November 19th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Review the Requirement document in Gerrit
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Meeting of November 12th, 2015 is cancelled for OPNFV Summit 2015 San Francisco

  • Team will have 2 breakout sessions in Breakout Room#2 on Nov 9 1700-1800 and Nov 10 1630-1730 Pacific Time

Group picture of Escalator Team @ OPNFV Summit 2015, from left to right are Mars, Maria, Malla, Jie, Uli, Zhong.

Minutes of Breakout Session#2 during OPNFV Summit on November 10th, 2015

  • 15:30-16:30, Pacific Time
  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Zong (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
    • Rajeev Seth (Sonus Networks Ltd, rseth@sonusnet.com)
    • Manuel Rebelion (Sandvine)
  • Jie gave a brief introduction of Escalator Project to Rajeev and Manuel. And answered several questions to clarify the scope of Escalator.
  • Uli introduced his works in OpenStack Tokyo Summit. And an Email was sent to the team for detail information.
  • Discuss the future works
    • Uli pointed out that we should keep JIRA issues small enough to be resolved more quick. The problems is that it would be difficult for the more the one people work on one rst files.
    • Jie suggested that we can assign people to each of the section(rst file) as editor. Hope it works.
    • The team reached consent on the escalator's target of B release is to deliver requirement and will not put architecture in this requirement document.
    • Maria give some guidelines on GAP Analysis Report. Jie will put a skeleton GA report for discussion.
    • Team agreed to start review of the Requirement document for collecting final comments and contributions soon.
  • AoB

Minutes of Breakout Session#1 during OPNFV Summit on November 9th, 2015

  • 17:00-17:30, Pacific Time
  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Mars Toktonaliev (Nokia, mars.toktonaliev@nokia.com?
    • Zhong (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
    • Jie reported that Escalator-27 has moved all rst files from ./doc to ./docs and the CI task works well. Thanks Uli and Julien for this task.
    • Jie briefly introduced Zhong's RA contribution as Escalator-25 and 26.
    • New RA contributions are invited.
  • Maria mentioned there will be a DEMO with the OpenSAF technology in Ericsson's booth.
  • AoB

Minutes for November 5th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
    • Uli reported CI issues. We should use docs folder instead of doc folder and sub-folder under docs also works. Fatith already test it with early escalator documents in doc folder. Details could be find at https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/3057/
    • Team AGREED to solve the comments and to merge docs ASAP. Then we can move all of the documents to /docs.
    • Jie pointed out Zhong Chao already contribute ZTE RA to Escalator. We will have a discussion during Summit.
    • Jie asked Uli in TSC that if openSAF could help escalator with their codes. Uli said that is to complex, we need simple solutions.
    • Uli shared information of OpenStack Tokyo Summit. Some guys there are working on upgrade the system in Data Center.
    • Team AGREED to setup a connection with these people in the future.
    • Jie shared information that a new feature of 2016 has been collected as "In Service Software Upgrade"in ETSI NFV.
    • Team AGREED to share our works when well shaped with ETSI guys if there will be a NWI related to Escalator's work.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
    • Jie reported Escalator will have two breakout sessions on Monday and Tuesday. Please check if there is any overlapping in your schedule at https://wiki.opnfv.org/events/2015-designsummit-proj-breakouts
    • The GTM will be cancelled next week for OPNFV Summit.
    • Uli will bring detailed info about upgrade guys in OpenStack Community.
  • AoB

Agenda for November 5th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Review the Requirement document in Gerrit
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for November 5th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Jianfei (Nokia)
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • The team synchronized following informations
    • Uli will bring the same slide for OpenStack Summit Tokyo to OPNFV Summit SFBAY.
    • Maria introduced that OPENSAF is changing their license model from GPL to APACHEv2 for joining HA project. And they have fully implemented the SAForum's Software Management Framework. It is free to take a look into the codebase of OPENSAF.
    • Jie will try to contact Ray Paik for arranging a time slot for Escalator Breakout sessions.
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
    • Jie introduced that Zhong is uploading his Escalator RA and Information Flows contributions to the OPNFV community. It will be done this week.
    • Jie also invited other vendors to contribute their own implementations / solutions to Escalator.
    • Maria said that Ericsson's solution is base on the OpenSAF's codebase.
    • Jianfei said that Nokia is using Windriver's solution at current time.
    • The team AGREED to to contribute their company's solution as inputs to RA of Escalators, and this will helps a lot to the Gap analysis and the ultimate goal of Escalator.
  • Review the Requirement document in Gerrit
    • The team tried to discuss on Guobing's Patch Set 7 against Patch Set 6 with the comments from Maria and Reply from Guobing.
    • Maria suggested that escalator should provide more information for operator when the condition could not meet the pre-conditions of a smooth upgrade.
    • Jianfei proposed that escalator should allow the operator defining some customized pre-conditions
    • Jianfei also proposed that Escalator shoud provide plug-ins mechanism for VNF's to define their own upgrade policies.
    • Jie said that this will lead the Escalator as an automatic upgrade helper to be more complex.
    • The team AGREED that we can collect all these features into a place of Requirement Document and re
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
    • Jie will attend the meeting in US.
    • Maria may not have time to attend this meeting.
  • AoB

Agenda for October 29th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Review the Requirement document in Gerrit
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for October 22nd, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Jianfei (Nokia)
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Zhong (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
    • About the Account of Jianfei
      • Jianfei said that he has got his LFID, but he does not know the E-mail of Aric.
      • ACTION: Write an E-mail to Aric to add Jianfei as contributor of Escalator.(Jie)
    • About Escalator CI scripts
      • Uli said that CI will convert rst files automatically into html files and output to the https://artifacts.opnfv.org. It is not necessary for writing a script by ourselves.
      • Maria pointed out that we do not see any output of escalator project.
      • Uli suggested that we can merge a change to Master for trig the CI.
      • ACTION:Merge change of the 02-Background and Terminologies(Maria). Further check the CI(Uli)
  • Review the Requirement document in Gerrit
    • Maria presented her modifications on 02-Background and Terminologies.rst
    • Comments from Uli, Jianfei, Guobing and Jie were discussed.
    • "Upgrade Span" would be removed.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda for October 22nd, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Review the Requirement document in Gerrit
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for October 15th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Jianfei (Nokia)
    • Guobing (ZTE)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Review the Requirement document in Gerrit
    • Jie introduce the patchset 5 of doc/04-Use_Cases_and_Scenarios.rst which is provided by Guobing
    • Jianfei pointed out that before escalator start execute the upgrade, the software compatibility checking is needed.
    • Maria suggested that we can include this check in upgrade step 4.
    • Maria also suggested that escalator should limit the scaling operation when upgrade is in progress to prevent failures due to the resource is in shortage.
    • Jianfei mentioned that after a smooth upgrade succeed, the operator could rollback to the previous version.
    • Maria pointed out that it was a different upgrade/downgrade for going back to a previous version.
    • Team AGREED to add "roll-back" and "downgrade" to Terminologies section.
    • Maria wondered what was the way to determine the failure during the upgrade?
    • Jianfei suggested that we may include a use case to describe when upgrade is successful, but the Operator still have the opportunity to roll-back due to the performance issue.
    • Malla wondered how to detect failures dependent or independent
    • Jianfei mentioned that escalator should output some logs to help the operator to determine the failure type.
    • Jie suggested that the GUI should provide some information of the upgrade and roll-back in progress for checking.
    • Maria mentioned that we should consider the Roll-back would be failed, too.
    • Jie said that the "restore" by the backup data maybe is one of the solutions for this.
    • Team AGREED to add Restore to Terminology.
    • Maria mentioned that we should [Reply] to post our review comments in Gerrit, otherwise it will not appear in other's Gerrit.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda for October 15th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Review the Requirement document in Gerrit
  • Discuss the progress of Sprint1
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for October 8th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Zong (ZTE)
    • Lorne (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
    • Uli reported that he will check the CI scripts soon.
    • Jie reported that he was investigating ETSI NFV upgrading.
    • Jie reported that Jianfei Zhang (Nokia) had already been added to INFO file.
    • Uli mentioned that it is not necessary to add every contributor to INFO immediately.
  • Review the requirement document 04-Use Cases and Scenarios part in Gerrit
    • Jie said that Guobin will to attend this meeting and he want know the suggestions from others.
    • Thanks Maria and Liyi's detailed comments on use cases.
    • Maria emphasized that use cases to specific parts of the NFVI and VIM is need.
    • Jie suggested that we can have general high level use cases, and detailed low level use cases.
  • Review the requirement document 02-Background TerminologiesUse Cases part in Gerrit
    • Team AGREED to solve and remove the comments from etherpad version first.
    • Jie suggested we can reuse some concepts or terms from Service Availability Forum if need and no IPR issues.
    • A big comment from Maria is related span, granularity, dimension,...etc. She will try to solve it.
    • Jie said, at current stage, we could not guarantee none service interruption, but we can try to provide some guide to developers for how to reduce the duration by some proper design patterns.
    • Uli mentioned, OpenStack could not archive this, especially on database upgrading.
    • Maria thinks it is possible for no service outage and duration of upgrading is not the duration of service outage.
    • Uli suggested that we can use patches for solving individual comments/bugs in the text with gerrit.
    • Team AGREED to review the whole text in Gerrit and provide comments and solutions to enhance text.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting ( meeting ended due to time is up...)
  • AoB

Agenda for October 8th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Review Stable requirement document in Gerrit
  • Discuss the progress of Sprint1
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for October 1st, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
    • Maria ask Uli about the his Jira task of CI scripts.
    • Jie pointed out that ZTE had provided CI scripts but it was abandoned by comments from RelEng, and the template of the CI from by Aric has already merged.
    • Uli promised to check the gerrit and git for it after this meeting.
    • Jie asked Uli to reply the email on voting.
  • Review Stable requirement document in Gerrit
    • Jie asked Maria if there is some thing new in her 02-Background and Terminologies.
    • Maria said nothing new but some recovered missing comments from etherpad. So, no need to discuss.
    • Jie mentioned Guobing of ZTE has contributed four use cases to section 04-Use cases and Scenarios. Jie presented it to the team.
    • Liyi proposed to have a summary at the beginning of the use case like this:"As an operator, I want to smooth upgrade my NFV infrastructure into new version without any service outage."
    • Maria commented that the use cases should be more clear to the reader what is happened behind the scene, just click the button is not enough.
    • Uli commented that use cases need to identify the subsystem to be upgraded. I.e. whether the controllers or the network nodes etc.
    • Liyi asked Uli on what level of the subsystem that operator should specify.
    • Jie pointed out the basic usage of these use cases. These use cases may not be written in correct way, but we need use cases to set up the goal of Escalator, verify the requirements, help us on developing the codes.
    • AGREED to set the Use Cases as a high priority work of the Escalator.
  • AoB

Agenda for October 1st, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator JIRA issues
  • Review Stable requirement document in Gerrit
  • Discuss the progress of Sprint1
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for September 24th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Zhong (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
    • Jianfei (Nokia)
  • We have a new team member, Jianfei from Nokia, Hangzhou, China. His technical area is VNF SW upgrade. We have introduced each other and Jie briefly introduced progress of project Escalator.
  • Review Escalator sprint plan on JIRA
  • We encountered a big problem on audio during this GTM.
    • As Maria mentioned in her E-mail that we have a lot of works to do on Requirement document.
    • Jie suggest that if we can use #opnfv-escalator @ freenode.net for daily communication.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
    • Jie pointed out that October 1st - 7th is China National Holiday.
  • AoB

Agenda for September 24th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review Escalator sprint plan on JIRA
  • Review Stable requirement document in Gerrit/Git repo
  • Discussion for Milestone C and Milestone D
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for September 17th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Review the the tasks in Escalator sprint plan on JIRA
    • Maria pointed out we have more works to do for requirement document
    • Jie said ZTE is preparing some text for the use cases and scenarios. Jie created a JIRA (ESCALATOR-6) to add Guobing Wang (mailto: wang.guobing1@zte.com.cn) to INFO file after meeting.
    • Team agreed to speed up escalator by using Gerrit and rst document for review and commenting on small version of draft in the following days....
  • Review requirement document on Gerrit
    • Maria comments on the syntax errors in the current document in rst format.
    • Jie promised to fix it today. Jie created a JIRA (ESCALATOR-5), and use 4 hours to fixed it after meeting.
    • Team agreed to provide a concise and clear requirement document for Milestone C
  • Discuss any other issues for Milestone C
    • Uli volunteered in his E-mail to provide scripts for convert .rst into CI document. Jie created a JIRA (ESCALATOR-7) for Uli after meeting
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
    • The next meeting will be hold on Sept 24th just one day before Rel-B Milestone C
    • The team will meet in OPNFV summit, November.
  • AoB

Agenda for September 17th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review the the tasks in Escalator sprint plan on JIRA
  • Review requirement document on Gerrit
  • Discuss any other issues for Milestone C
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for September 10th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Zhong Chao (ZTE)
    • Jie Hu (ZTE)
    • Maria Toeroe (Ericsson)
    • Liyi Meng (Ericsson)
  • Uli reported that his presentation for OPNFV summit was not ready
  • Jie reported what we need to do before Milestone C
    • Sprint plan ready on Jira
    • Stable Requirement document on Gerrit & Git
    • Status Report on every Friday
    • Attend B release meeting for PL every Tuesday 11:00PM-01:00AM or every Thursday 10:00AM-11:00AM (ASIA)
  • Jie reported the Requirement (.rst) is ready on Gerrit & Git, team could work on it in the future
  • The team reviewed REQ V0.4 on gerrit
    • Jie introduce what he had revised.
    • Maria pointed out some of her input on Etherpad is missing by Jie started converting file too early
    • Some number index shows "#"
    • Liyi tried to make a comment to reply Jie's note in gerrit. It seems every thing working.
  • Discuss any other issues for Milestone C
    • Maria said that RST is a nightmare for collaborate editing. Liyi agreed.
    • Uli said that RST is the only way in Gerrit & GiT, and Jenkins could output PDF report from RST automatically.
    • Jie will learn how to use Jenkins.
    • Jie ask the team to use JIRA, Gerrit and GIT.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda for September 10th, 2015

Your local time

Minutes for September 3rd, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Jie (ZTE)
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Malla (DOCOMO)
  • Liyi reported that there were no answers to the questionnaire yet
  • Jie reported the feedback received internally to the questionnaire (maintanance window, interface)
  • Jie reported that for the Milestone C we need to have
    • the sprint plan ready - Jie asked for help with Jira from Helpdesk
    • the Requirements document released
  • Review the Requirement document for the release REQ v0.3
    • Agreed to include current sections 1-4 only and stay at the generic requirements level
    • If possible sync the terminology section with ETSI NFV REL - AP on Uli to check it with REL
    • Put the Impact Analysis section into Appendix
    • Discussion on the interfaces needed for upgrade and enabling version control
    • Agreed that we need to get our acts together to be able to release the document by Sep 25 - AP on All to review and finalize the Requirement document in etherpad

Agenda for September 3rd, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review the Requirement document draft (terminology) REQ v0.3
  • Discuss the clarifications needed to proceed with the Impact Analysis upgrade_analysis v0.5
  • Discuss any feedback received to the questionnaireOnline questionnaire
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for August 27th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria
    • Liyi
    • Jie
  • Sync information
    • ETSI REL
    • Openstack summit Tokyo
    • Opnfv summit SF Bay Area
  • Review the Requirement document draft (terminology) REQ v0.3
    • Maria introduced major changes when Jie was not available
    • Liyi leaded the discussion on terminology
    • Jie comments we should keep align with ETSI NFV's terminology
    • Maria pointed out NFV's terminology may not precise enough for our project
    • Team agreed to continue adding terminology when needed
  • Discuss the clarifications needed to proceed with the Impact Analysis upgrade_analysis v0.5
    • Jie will ask Yuri to find a way forward this work, eg. recommend one to continue his work
  • Discuss any feedback received to the questionnaireOnline questionnaire
    • Maria will send out the new online survey
    • Jie will ask Debra to make it as an AP in September 1st meeting
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda for August 27th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review the Requirement document draft (terminology) REQ v0.3
  • Discuss the clarifications needed to proceed with the Impact Analysis upgrade_analysis v0.5
  • Discuss any feedback received to the questionnaireOnline questionnaire
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes for August 20th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Malla (DOCOMO)
  • Requirement documentREQ v0.3
    • Liyi proposed to have a terminology section in the document and he will make a first draft
  • Questionnaire
    • Liyi has prepared an online version of the questionnaire.
    • We will complete its editing and review by the end of the week (Aug 23)
    • Early next week Maria will send an invite to the other teams on the mailing list to fill it out
  • Impact Analysis document
    • We will collect the questions to the current excell sheet in email dicsussion. To have a clear understanding what we have in the current table is a prerequisite to contribute to the document.

Minutes for August 13th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Maria (Ericsson)
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.3
    • Went through the main changes in the document to bring Liyi up to speed
    • Agreed to use the software dimensions of section 2.3 to derive requirements towards the upgrade actions and towards the software to be upgraded.
    • Discussed the requirements on the output of the upgrade preparation action (e.g. upgrade campaign). Essentially we need a way to coordinate the upgrade of different entities on the different hosts to ensure that there's no outage for the end-users. Liyi reported that Fuel does not provide support for such coordination currently. Maria mentioned that Ansible seems to have such support. Further investigation is needed.
    • Liyi will try to put the questionnaire into the form of a web page so it'll be easier to fill out.
  • We may need to figure out how to proceed with the Impact Analysis document.

Minutes for August 6th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Malla (DOCOMO)
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.3
    • Agreed on changes in the document structure: Change 2.1-2.3 into background and definitions sections and start the requirements section at the current 2.4; 2.4.2 time requirements in case of upgrade failure; 2.5 requirements on handling upgrade failures
    • Maria introduced the different dimensions of software that needs to be considered for upgrade, she'll elaborate more on the considerations for these dimensions. We may need to find a better way to present these. So it's open for proposals.
    • Discussion on the relation of the HA/SA level requirements towards the upgrade requirements
    • Agreed on the related requirements Maria added in the document
  • Next week we continue the review of the requirements document

Minutes of July 30th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Malla (DOCOMO)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Jie reported the interaction with NFV REL WG
    • Strong related scopes and similar milestone on the date of reaching a stable requirements document were found. 1) Keep align on the requirement with each other, both OPNFV ESCALATOR and REL003 Chapter 8 "NFV Software upgrade"; 2) Cross participation on both Conf Calls (REL on every Tuesday 16:00-18:00 CET, Escalator on evey Thursday 1200-1300 UTC)
    • Uli and Maria pointed out that ETSI documents were not accessible by non ETSI members, but putting URL links to the ETSI files on OPNFV Wiki would be OK.
    • Jie introduced that we do not reach an agreement with REL on pushing NWI on I/F to support negotiate/notify upgrade events in NFV stage-3 by now. We should focus on the align the requirements and finish the REQ before the Milestone B set by Debra Scott, the OPNFV PMP.
  • Jie had send out the Questionnaire to the OPNFV PLs. A wrong link to the file was reported and already corrected. But, Maria still have not receive the email. Jie would check email after the Call.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
    • Uli and Jie will in their vacation soon. Maria will chair the project meeting instead of Jie for 3 weeks.
    • Maria will collect the feedback from other OPNFV projects.
  • AoB

Agenda of July 30th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Jie will report the feedback from the discussion with NFV REL WG and the progress of Upgrade Requirements survey in OPNFV community.
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.3
  • Discuss the Impact Analysis on upgrade_analysis v0.5
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes of July 23th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Yuri (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Review the Work Plan
    • Jie will introduce the escalator project to NFV REL WG. The slides will be prepared by Jie and commented by Ulrich, Fuqiao and Maria before next Tuesday.
    • Jie revised Escalator's plan to B-rel according to Maria's comment and discussion.
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.3
    • Maria introduced two groups questions in the requirement collecting template from other project in Section 9.0. Maria will provide a slides of this for OPNFV Hackfest@ODL and Jie will delivery it to other OPNFV PLs and Debra Scott.
    • Discuss the Impact Analysis on upgrade_analysis v0.5. Time is not enough for Yuri to complete the presentation. PLEASE FEEDBACK YOUR COMMENTS & SUGGESTIONS BY MAILLIST.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda of July 23th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review the Work Plan
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.3
  • Discuss the requirement collecting template from other project in Section 9.0 of REQ
  • Discuss the Impact Analysis on upgrade_analysis v0.5
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes of July 16th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Maria (Ericsson)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Maria just back from her vacation. Jie asked Maria to chair the Weekly escalator meetings on Aug 6, 13 and 20 for his vacation.
  • Jie introduce the escalator plan and the reply email to Debra Scott.
  • Jie listed the URL of documents on NFV release 3 planning, and ask the team if we can do collaboration with NFV.
    • Maria pointed out that NFV REL already have a discussion on HA, Doctor and Upgrade.
    • Jie said that he could not find the minutes recorded the REL's consideration on this.
    • Maria and Malla will try to find that with their colleagues after this meeting.
    • And Jie will try to talk with people of REL WG during the NFV#11 meeting.
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.2
    • Maria introduce on her comment on Impact analysis, Malla and Jie agree with Maria that the analysis shall specify the redundancy mode of objects. Jie said that Yuri is on the trip and the team will discuss this section on next week.
    • Maria 2nd comment is on the backup / snapshot. "We need to be able to negotiate with the VNF if it's ready for the upgrade". Jie pointed out that according to Liyi's suggestion, in last meeting the team had split the requirements into two. One for Escalator self, and one for the objects being upgraded. So, we can included this in detail into the later one.
  • Maria mentioned "Ansible", a tool, is quite related with upgrade.
  • Discuss the requirement collecting template from other project
    • Malla said that we already get Doctor's and Multi-Site's, but none from HA.
    • Jie said a template table of question may help us to survey other project's requirement on upgrade issues.
    • Maria asked what is the relationship between Escalator and Integrating and Testing Projects, e.g. BGS, Octopus. Jie said that they are focus on deployment but not on upgrade by now. Malla said that maybe they will consider it in their next step.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting.
    • Discuss the REQ_v3.0, with Yuri's revision "Impact on Objects", Section 9.0 "Template of requirement collecting"
  • AoB

Agenda of July 16th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.2
  • Discuss the requirement collecting template from other project
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes of July 9th, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Uli (Huawei)
    • Malla (DoCoMo)
    • Yuri (ZTE)
    • Liyi (Ericsson)
    • Lorne (ZTE)
    • Jie (ZTE)
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.2
    • Malla briefly introduced his modification on section 2.5 "Rollback duration when an upgrade is failed"
    • Malla introduce the new section 8 "Requirements from other OPNFV projects" with some requirements of Doctor
    • Liyi introduced Section 3.8 Monitoring, two mechanisms: pro-actively query and passively listen
    • Liyi introduced Section 9 "Requirements on system being upgraded". Comments received as it is a good idea to identify requirements on escalator itself and the system being upgraded. It may helps to analysis the gap from the requirements and the capability to support upgrade within the system being upgraded. Liyi will work on this further.
  • Discuss Work Plan of escalator, and the participating of Brahmaputra-Release
    • The team is urged to participate the Brahmaputra-Release, but realized the distance between current stage to the goal.
    • The team suggested that even if no code/tools could be included in the B-Rel, Escalator could work with other projects and provide a document for B-Release developer to know how to ready for upgrade to C-Release with the help of Escalator in the future.
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda of July 9th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.2
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes of July 2nd, 2015

  • Roll call
    • Liyi
    • Yuri
    • Malla
    • Lorne
    • Jie
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.2
    • Jie introduce the change on v0.2
      • restructure Section 2, Update Object, Span, Granularity, Duration
      • revise some text in Section 3.1, 3.2
      • add reference in Section 8
      • Yuri pointed out that the Impact Analysis table is still under construction
      • Jie ask Malla to refine the 3.2
      • Jie ask Liyi to combine the 3.7 and 3.8 (Monitor, Notification and Negotiation)
      • Liyi suggest to get requirements for other team, he will add a section for this task.
      • Yuri will work as a contact person between HA and Escalator
      • Malla will take Multi-Site as a contact person
      • Jie suggest that every one could add/modify the REQ V0.2 with etherpad and initial mailing discussion if nessary
      • Malla also suggest that we can get a time shift for Asian and American people.
        • Everyone in the meeting think the current setting is OK.
      • Jie check with the team member if anyone will attend the NFV #11 in San Jose.
        • Jie will attend NFV# 11 for REL WG and TST WG, since there are some related topics
        • Malla mention that the TST WG is considering the testing of NFV Phase 2.
        • We can introduce our work to TST and REL
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Agenda of July 2nd, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Review the draft of Requirement documentREQ v0.2
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

The June 25th Meeting is Cancelled

Minutes of June 18th, 2015

Agenda of June 18th, 2015

Your local time

Minutes of June 11th, 2015

Minutes by ircbot

Agenda of June 11th, 2015

Your local time

Minutes of June 4th, 2015

Meeting started by hujie at 12:00:21 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2015/opnfv-meeting.2015-06-04-12.00.log.html

Meeting ended at 12:59:25 UTC.

Agenda of June 4th, 2015

Your local time

Minutes of May 14th, 2015

Due to the holiday, only Maria and Jie was in the meeting.
This meeting is cancelled.

The May 21st meeting will be cancelled, because of OpenStack Summit in Vancourver.

Agenda of May 14th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Refine Project Scope and Goal
  • Collecting Use Cases for Escalator
  • Outline the Structure of the Requirement Document
  • Split the work and assign to team members
  • Discuss the agenda for next week meeting
  • AoB

Minutes of May 7th, 2015

Roll Call

  • Ulrich Kleber (Huawei, Ulrich.Kleber@huawei.com)
  • Jie Hu (ZTE, hu.jie@zte.com.cn)
  • Maria Toeroe (Ericsson, maria.toeroe@ericsson.com)
  • Yuri Yuan (ZTE, yuan.yue@zte.com.cn)
  • Jia Meng (ZTE, meng.jia@zte.com.cn)

Vote on Project Lead

  • Jie nominate himself as the initial submitter of the escalator project proposal.
  • No other people be nominated.
  • AGREED: Jie Hu from ZTE to be elected as the Project Lead of Escalator.

Confirm on the Committers and Contributors

  • Uli proposed Maria Toeroe from Ericsson upgrade to be a committer.
  • ACTION: Vote the committers and confirm contributors by E-mail.

Confirm on the time slot of project meeting

  • Jie asked if the current meeting arrangement is Okay for everyone.
  • The time slot is Okay for Asian and European people, but a little bit early for North American.
  • Uli is located in German, and Maria is located in East Canada.
  • Uli pointed out that weekly meeting is suitable for the early stage of Escalator, because of we have little time left for our requirement document to be finished in June, 2015. And we can adjust the meeting from weekly to bi-weekly in the future.
  • AGREED: Keep the current time slot of Escalator project meeting at 1200-1300 UTC on every Thursday.

Project plan and scope

  • Jie said that June is very close and we only have less than two month to finish our requirement document.
  • Yuri suggested that we can postpone the requirement document for one month.
  • Uli stated that OpenStack is a componet we should consider. And we should do some preparation works in the "OLD" version.
  • Jie suggested to do the Gap Analsis in paralle with drafting requirement document. And try to re-use other projects' use cases and requirements as well.
  • Maria pointed out HA project need upgrade requirement, too.
  • Jie asked the team member if someone already has vacation plan in this summer.
    • Uli's in August
    • Maria's in July
    • Jie's in August
    • Yuri's in June or July
    • Jia's in May
  • AGREED: Escalator's 1st release goal is focusing on the OLD version preparation part.
  • AGREED: Finishing our requirements document on June 2015.
  • AGREED: Gap Analysis document will be done before August 2015.
  • AGREED: We will do architectural work in August, and prepare BPs in September.
  • AGREED: FIRST Blue Print(s) to the upper stream "Openstack" M version will be done in October 2015.

Vancouver Summit

  • Jie asked who will attend the OpenStack Summit in Vancouver
  • Uli, Jie, Yuri will be there.
  • AGREED: escalator team meet there for a F2F discussion.
  • ACTION: Try to find a time slot to meet by E-mail. Fix it during next Thursday meeting.

Agenda for next weekly meeting

  • Maria suggested to discuss the structure of the Requirement document.
  • Jie suggested to discuss the work assignment among the team members.
  • Uli suggested to discuss the usecases, and we should take care of NFV RA.
  • Yuri suggested to discuss the project scope, to be more clear and detailed.
  • ACTION: Jie will draft the agenda for next meeting, and everyone could refine it on the wiki page.

AoB

MeetBot minutes

Agenda of May 7th, 2015

Your local time

  • Roll call
  • Confirm committers and contributors
  • Vote for the Project Lead
  • Confirm the time slot of project meetings
  • Project plan and scope
    • Requirement, June 2015
    • Gap Analysis, October 2015
    • Architecture, (TBD)
    • Codes/scripts, (TBD)
    • BPs to upper stream projects, (TBD)
  • AOB
  • No labels