Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Genesis meetings

Logistics:

  • Genesis weekly meetings are on Mondays, 8am PDT on IRC channel #opnfv-meeting on freenode.
  • Audio bridge details (if required):

 

July 18, 2016

NOTE: The meeting will start at 8:30am PT on July, 18 - rather than at 8am.

Agenda:

July 11, 2016

Agenda:

June 27, 2016

Agenda:

Minutes:

  • No meeting. Meeting did not reach quorum.

 

June 13, 2016

Agenda:

June 6, 2016

Agenda:

May 30, 2016

No meeting (public holiday in the US)

May 23, 2016

Agenda:

May 16, 2016

Agenda:

Minutes:

  • Narinder, Jonas, and Tim attended.  We discussed focusing on the common configuration format for deploy, network, and inventory settings.  We decided we should use next week's meeting to dive into those details and try to come up with a common format we can get through a review.  Would be best if every installer can join.  Specifically we need to come to agreement on what to do with these:
  • Also, we need to go over the scenario list and what scenarios we think should be common across all installers for C.

May 9, 2016

Agenda:

Minutes:

  • Meeting did not reach quorum (only Jonas, Weidong, Frank attended)

 

May 2, 2016

Agenda:

Minutes:

  • Meeting did not reach quorum. Discussion postponed to May/9.

April 25, 2016

Agenda:

  • Review status of open action items:
    • Everyone please review R2/Brahmaputra JIRA tickets and close the ones which are implemented. Create associated tickets for R3/Colorado if there is a need for an update. (all)
    • Frank to create a template for R3/Colorado Genesis requirements documents that patches can then be applied to. (Frank)
      (review evolved templates: https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/12605)
  • Review scenario inventory list (need for additional modification)? Colorado scenario inventory and dependencies (all)
  • New scenario for Colorado: os-odl_l2-moon-noha (Ruan He)

Minutes:

  • Meeting did not reach quorum. Discussion postponed to May/2.

 

April 18, 2016

Agenda:

  • Review status of open action items:
    • Frank to work with David McBride to add scenario documentation to the scope of Genesis.
    • Owners of R2 tickets: Please close the R2 ticket - and if required (component requirement) create a new ticket for Colorado. 
    • Everyone to review the list of open JIRA tickets for Genesis and assign himself as an owner if feasible. Target: Have an owner for all open tickets by next week
  • Review scenario inventory list: Colorado scenario inventory and dependencies

Minutes:

 

April 11, 2016

Agenda:

  • General discussion on Genesis for the Colorado release (enhancements/modifications to how Genesis worked for Brahmaputra)
  • Review open JIRA tickets
  • Genesis project plan for Colorado: Draft version: Genesis - Colorado participation
  • Discussing Genesis role in defining scenarios for Colorado Release

Minutes:

  • Genesis scope:
    • Common UX across installers: Like in Brahmaputra, Genesis will continue to coordinate requirements to achieve a common UX across all installers. There is a clear desire to have feature requests submitted early to the Genesis team.
    • Common config files: In Brahmaputra common config files started to be defined, but did not get adopted by all installers. For Colorado, Genesis will try to have all installers use common config files.
    • Scenario documentation: Genesis to take on scenario documentation for Colorado. See also dedicated bullet below
  • Schedule:
    • Genesis - Colorado participation: Projects are to articulate their requirements no later than May/2
    • AI: Frank to send an email to all project leads announcing the May/2 deadline.
  • Scenario documentation:
    • Genesis suggests to take on dependency documentation and a scenario index for Colorado (in Brahmaputra this happened ad-hoc with the result that there is no single reference matrix for installers and their dependencies).
    • Genesis will work with the scenario owners to ensure proper documentation of scenarios.
    • AI: Frank to work with David McBridge to add scenario documentation to the scope of Genesis.
  • Genesis participation
    • Invite more contributors to join/support Genesis activities (especially from Pharos, Releng - as well as the projects with feature requests and scenario owners).
  • JIRA cleanup and future tickets:
    • Existing R2 tickets which were implemented will be closed
    • For R2 tickets which referred to a particular component, a new ticket will be created (e.g. O/S version);
      It is assumed that tickets which describe a common UX will be supported in the same way for Colorado, hence no new ticket will be created for those.
      AI: Owners of R2 tickets: Please close the R2 ticket - and if required (component requirement) create a new ticket for Colorado. 
    • AI: Everyone to review the list of open JIRA tickets for Genesis and assign himself as an owner if feasible. Target: Have an owner for all open tickets by next week.

 

 

Feb/22/2016

Agenda:

Feb/15/2016

No meeting (US holiday)

Feb/8/2016

Agenda:

  • Switch to ODL Be as default? (Joid was a question; I heard Apex, Compass, Fuel to be in favor): Depending on what we decide, we’d need to create an associated patch to the requirements doc; in addition we’d make the TSC “ack” the decision, just to be on the safe side.
  • patch 6357 (common network config)
  • Documentation on artifacts and location

Brief notes:

  • Narinder still to check whether Joid can support ODL Be. Will report by COB today. In case things work out well, we'll update Jira GENESIS-6 to use ODL Be as default and create an associated patch (AI: Frank)
  • Jonas will update 6357
  • Artifacts and location should in theory be documented by the owners of the different components. Installer teams will do this as an interim solution for Brahmaputra. A new method is needed for C-river. (AI: Jonas and Dan to add to the existing file that Narinder just updated).

Feb/1/2016

Agenda:

Meeting minutes: Feb-01-2016 Genesis weekly team meeting - minutes

Jan/18/2016

Agenda:

  • Discuss open Jira tickets
    • Copper
  • Discuss patches that are in review in Gerrit;
    • specifially: OpenContrail status, common configuration files
  • Review status of existing system-requirements and ux-requirements documents:
    • Implementation status of requirements by all installers (quick run through like we did last time, focusing on things that were open last time).

Jan/11/2016

Agenda:

Jan/4/2016

Agenda:

Dec/21/2015

Agenda:

Dec/14/2015

Agenda:

Dec/7/2015

Genesis weekly meeting.

Agenda:

Nov/30/2015

Genesis committer meeting.

Agenda:

Nov/23/2015

Genesis committer meeting.

Agenda:

  • Common install script discussion (review initial drafts - Jonas/Narinder)
  • Discussion: Common approach to post-install script for system configuration?
  • Standing agenda topics:
    • Discuss open Jira tickets
    • Assign owners for each of the open Jira tickets

Nov/16/2015

Genesis committer meeting.

Agenda:

  • Features discussion:
  • Assign owners for each of the open Jira tickets

Nov/9/2015

Genesis F2F committer meeting at the OPNFV design summit.
Time: 1-3pm PST
(see also https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/OPNFV_Design_Summit_2015)

Agenda:

  • Assign owners for each of the open Jira tickets (https://jira.opnfv.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa#Filter-Results/10624) - there are currently 22 Jira tickets open which don't have an owner assigned.
  • Agree on requirements freeze date for Genesis Brahmaputra: Suggestion: Nov/13.
  • Discussion: Improve and accelerate Genesis process. Aspire to a sophisticated set of requirements, instead of a "low common denominator".

Oct/26/2015

Genesis committer meeting.

Agenda:

  • Choose host for Genesis meeting on Nov/2
  • Review open action items from last week:
    • Opensteak official statement (Frank)
    • Genesis repo clean up (Tim, Narinder, Weidong)
    • Review and provide feedback on list of components for Brahmaputra (Weidong, Artur)
    • Everyone pick 5 "open" and "unassigend" tickets in Jira and progress to git/gerrit.
  • F2F Genesis meeting at OPNFV summit
  • Progress/discuss open and unassigned Jira tickets

Oct/19/2015

Genesis committer meeting.

Agenda:

  • Review open action items from last week:
    • Create a list of all pending patches that still require votes (Tim)
    • Genesis repo clean up (all)
    • Review and provide feedback on list of components for Brahmaputra (Weidong, Artur)
  • Discussion of open Genesis tickets
  • Select Jira tickets that are to be taken to gerrit. Assign a shepherd to each ticket (target: everyone to pick up 5 tickets to take forward).

Brief minutes:

  • Status of past action items
    • Tim created a list of all pending patches that still require votes (see Tim's email)
    • Genesis repo clean up: AI to Tim, Narinder, Weidong - clean up Foreman/Juju/Compass in Genesis repo
    • Review and provide feedback on list of components for Brahmaputra - No immediate feedback from Compass or Joid team. Action item carried forward. Jonas mentioned that for Fuel, Armband is unlikely to be supported, OpenContrail has issues with OpenStack Liberty support.
  • Project status tagging in Jira
    • "Open" = Ticket was entered in Jira. If a ticket is progressed, then a Genesis team member will assign the ticket to himself. I.e. if a ticket has an owner assigned, this person will make sure the ticket will be progressed to a patch in Gerrit.
    • "In progress" = A patch was created in Gerrit. Ticket is kept in status"in progress" after approval in Gerrit. It will only be moved to "closed" if all the associated implementation tasks in the installer projects have been completed. Alternatively a ticket will be moved to status "closed" if the patch has been abandoned in Gerrit (e.g. in case the patch did not receive a majority).
    • "Closed" = The requirement has either been implemented by all installers, or the requirement was rejected by the Genesis team (either because the team did not find it applicable to installers or because the associated patch did not achieve a majority in the vote in Gerrit).
  • Team assigned owners to a set of Jira tickets (see Jira for details)
  • New/continued action items:
    • Genesis repo clean up (Tim, Narinder, Weidong)
    • Review and provide feedback on list of components for Brahmaputra (Weidong, Artur)
    • Everyone pick 5 "open" and "unassigend" tickets in Jira and progress to git/gerrit.

Oct/12/2015

Genesis committer meeting.

Agenda:

  • Review open action items from last week:
    • Opensteak official statement (Frank)
    • Genesis repo clean up (all)
    • Directory structure (Jonas)
    • Common config file (Narinder)
  • Release artifacts preference of the TSC (see also associated wiki)
  • Status of projects/components seeking installer integration (Fuel as an example - see Fuel@OPNFV integrated projects)
  • Discussion of open Genesis tickets

Brief minutes:

  • Status of past action items:
    • OpenSteak statement - pending TSC acknowledgement that Arnaud stepped down as committer.
    • Genesis repo clean up: Fuel is clean. Foreman, Juju, Compass are still pending.
    • Directory structure proposal (by Jonas): Repo structure
    • Proposal for a common config file (by Narinder and Jonas): Deploy config
  • Release artifacts preference of the TSC:
    • TSC vote: Preference for options A.2b (Install script per installer) and M.2a (Latest and stable branch maintenance)
    • Genesis sees both options as technically feasible.
    • A.2b and M.2a are seen as minimum requirement. Installer projects may choose to label the stable release branch so that customers can pull a "release plus fixes that are known to be working".
  • Discussion of open Jira tickets:
    • GENESIS-19 - Clarification of the meaning of Genesis-19. Common understanding reflected in the comment posted by Frank post the meeting.
  • Key components to be integrated
    • Fuel has created a list of planned components to be integrated (see also Jira tickets): fuel_opnfv_integrated-projects
    • Apex team sees this list as feasible
    • Compass and Joid team to check on feasibility
  • Open action items:
    • Create a list of all pending patches that still require votes (Tim)
    • Send official statement on OpenSteak (pending TSC ack) (Frank)
    • Genesis repo clean up (all)
    • Review and provide feedback on list of components for Brahmaputra (Weidong, Artur)

Oct/5/2015

Genesis committer meeting.

Agenda:

  • Opensteak status:
    • Final decision on how to deal with OpenSteak in Genesis.
  • Genesis/genesisreq repo:
    • Evolution of genesis master repo
    • Agree on a common installer directory structure.
    • Agree on a common stack configuration file structure.
  • Discussion – Simplify and speed up the Genesis process. (proposal from Jonas: Jira as main tool for decision making (vote in Jira); what else can we do to shorten the queue quickly?)
  • Discussion of open Genesis tickets (sequentially go through the list of open topics)

Brief minutes:

  • Opensteak status
    • Arnaud stepped down as Genesis committer. Also OpenSteak project notified the TSC that it will not participate in Brahmaputra. Based on Genesis governance, this means OpenSteak would stop participating in Genesis. It can choose to rejoin Genesis at a later stage. Jonas, Narinder (for Artur), Tim , Weidong, Frank jointly agreed to stay with the current rule set for Genesis. Frank to communicate things formally to OpenSteak project.
  • Genesis/Genesisreq repo:
    • Fuel (already done), Foreman/Quickstack, Joid, Compass teams will remove anything installer specific from genesis repo. Files will be migrated into the BGS follower projects (i.e. Fuel, Apex, Joid, Compass4NFV). AI to all installer PTLs to clean-up Genesis repo and only leave "common" part of the Genesis intact.
    • Common installer directory structure desired by Genesis team. AI: Jonas: Start an Etherpad with an initial proposal.
    • Common config file for all installers desired by Genesis team. AI: Narinder: Start an Etherpad with an initial proposal.
  • Genesis process
    • We'll keep the current process as is (vote in Gerrit). Everyone to try to get gerrit reviews done more quickly.
    • If you create a patch for a Jira ticket, assign yourself the Jira ticket
    • Agreed tickets (i.e. ticket passed the vote in Gerrit):
      • Keep Jira tickets open until the feature is delivered by all installers
      • Add tag "Approved" to Jira ticket (allows us to filter on agreed tickets)
    • Not agreed tickets: Close tickets that are abandoned.

Sep/28/2015

Draft agenda:

Meeting minutes - Arno SR1 synch, Sept/28, 8am PDT; Note: Genesis topics were not discussed due to time constraints. Focus is to get Arno SR1 released.

Sep/21/2015

Agenda:

Meeting minutes - Arno SR1 synch and BGS/Genesis meeting, Sept/21, 8am PDT

Sep/14/2015

Agenda:

Minutes: BGS/Genesis weekly team meeting - Sep/14/2015

Sep/7/2015

Agenda:

  • BGS
    • Arno SR1 - status
  • Genesis
    • JIRA Requirements

Minutes: BGS/Genesis weekly team meeting - Sep/7/2015

Aug/31/2015

Agenda:

  • BGS
    • Arno SR1 - status
  • Genesis
    • JIRA Requirements

Minutes: BGS/Genesis weekly team meeting - Aug/31/2015

Aug/24/2015

  • BGS
    • LF lab reconfig status
    • Arno SR1 - status
  • Genesis
    • Work procedures
    • Initial set of Jira tickets for requirements definition
    • Outline of doc structure in git

Minutes: BGS/Genesis weekly team meeting - Aug/24/2015

Aug/17/2015

Agenda:

  • LF lab reconfig status
  • Arno SR1 - brief status
  • Genesis - next steps

Minutes: BGS/Genesis weekly team meeting - Aug/17/2015

Aug/10/2015

Agenda:

  • LF lab reconfig status & next steps
  • Arno SR1 - brief status
  • Finalize Genesis project proposal

Minutes: BGS weekly team meeting - Aug/10/2015

Aug/3/2015

Summary notes:

July/31/2015

F2F meeting at the OPNFV hackfest

  • Genesis work procedures: How Genesis intends to interface with other OPNFV projects and their requirements: It is assumed that a project which desires to add a requirement for Genesis would also take care of the necessary work (i.e. integration into the different installers). Genesis work procedures wiki outlines the process.
  • Genesis project formation: Discussion on initial set of requirements:
    [[https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-WH2hS-Kt5IaQ_epe79q4Hb_kzb1TO7r43r5HMEblj4|Genesis requirements sandbox]]

{group3}

July/30/2015

F2F meeting at the OPNFV hackfest

  • Attendees: David Duffey, Tim Rozet, Narinder Gupta, Morgan Richomme (for Arnaud Morin), Christopher Price (for Jonas Bjurel), Weidong Shao, Frank Brockners
  • Genesis team will initially use "genesisreq" as repository. Once BGS project is retired, it is expected that non-common parts of current genesis repository have all been moved to their respective installer project repositories and that genesisreq and genesis could be merged to a single repository.
  • Genesis team elected Frank Brockners as the project lead (all current Genesis committers voted +1, noone abstained or voted -1).
  • Genesis team will meet weekly: Mondays on 8am PDT using IRC channel #opnfv-meeting on freenode.net. (Initially this will be a joint meeting with the BGS team).
  • No labels