Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

 

Meeting Minutes



October 22nd

Agenda:

October 15th (Canceled due to low attendance)

Agenda:

Action Items

October 8th

Agenda:

Action Items:

October 1st

Agenda:

September 24th

Agenda:

September 17th

Agenda:

September 10th

Agenda:

September 3rd

Canceled due to Labor day in US & Canada

Agenda:

August 27th

  • No meeting due to lack of participation (we did not reach quorum - only 2 people attended)

August 20th

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update Parker Berberian Sawyer Bergeron

    1. Define expectations/plans for the next phase of LaaS

  2. How to share resources(trouble shooting) in UNH lab(vpn account) for edge demo for ONS? Julien
  3. Pharos Update Julien
  4. <add here...>

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2018/opnfv-meeting.2018-08-20-14.59.html

August 13th

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update Parker Berberian Sawyer Bergeron

  2. Pharos Update Julien
  3. IRC Spam Trevor Bramwell
    Waiting on TSC approval to require registration for all #opnfv channels
    https://lists.opnfv.org/g/opnfv-tsc/topic/requiring_nick_registrations/24212404
  4. Open Source Summit NA Trevor Bramwell
    Cancel meeting August 27th

August 6th

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update

  2. Pharos Update

Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2018/opnfv-meeting.2018-08-06-15.14.html

July 30th

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update

  2. Infra Ticket Process Refresh
  3. Infra upgrades last Wednesday

July 23rd - Canceled

May 14th

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update

  2. New Releng PTL

  3. Update Global Jira Permissions Aric Gardner

  4. apt-cacher-ng as a repo proxy

Action Items:

  • Assist Yang (Gabriel) Yu/Test WG  with the initial setup needed for Long Duration Test

  • Investigate configuring the default path for Jenkins consistently/globally Trevor Bramwell

Ongoing Items:

  • Document how to control commit gating in CI evolution
  • Document how to build an OPNFV Pharos lab Julien

May 7th (Meeting Canceled due to attendance)

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update

  2. New Releng PTL

  3. New Meeting Chair 
  4. Update Global Jira Permissions Aric Gardner

  5. apt-cacher-ng as a repo proxy

  6. <add me>

Action Items:

  • Assist Yang (Gabriel) Yu/Test WG  with the initial setup needed for Long Duration Test, Fatih Degirmenci

  • Consolidate the feedback collected for Pharos 2.0, incorporate the use cases from the industry and present it to community (ONS Session), Julien , Jack Morgan

  • Investigate configuring the default path for Jenkins consistently/globally Trevor Bramwell

Ongoing Items:

  • Document how to control commit gating in CI evolution Fatih Degirmenci
  • Document how to build an OPNFV Pharos lab Julien

April 30th

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update

  2. apt-cacher-ng as a repo proxy

  3. <add me>

Action Items:

  • Assist Yang (Gabriel) Yu/Test WG  with the initial setup needed for Long Duration Test, Fatih Degirmenci

  • Consolidate the feedback collected for Pharos 2.0, incorporate the use cases from the industry and present it to community (ONS Session), Julien , Jack Morgan 

  • Investigate configuring the default path for Jenkins consistently/globally Trevor Bramwell

Ongoing Items:

  • Document how to control commit gating in CI evolution Fatih Degirmenci
  • Document how to build an OPNFV Pharos lab Julien

April 23rd

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update

  2. apt-cacher-ng as a repo proxy

  3. <add me>

Action Items:

  • Assist Yang (Gabriel) Yu/Test WG  with the initial setup needed for Long Duration Test, Fatih Degirmenci

  • Consolidate the feedback collected for Pharos 2.0, incorporate the use cases from the industry and present it to community (ONS Session), Julien , Jack Morgan

  • Investigate configuring the default path for Jenkins consistently/globally Trevor Bramwell

Ongoing Items:

  • Document how to control commit gating in CI evolution Fatih Degirmenci
  • Document how to build an OPNFV Pharos lab Julien

April 16th

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update

  2. apt-cacher-ng as a repo proxy

  3. Previous stable-branch Management Trevor Bramwell
    1. When are the jobs removed?
    2. Should we lock the branch after the release
  4. Automatically add comitters as reviewers (releng-xci)

  5. Anteater migration
    1. https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/anteater-migration

Action Items:

Ongoing Items:

  • Document how to control commit gating in CI evolution Fatih Degirmenci
  • Document how to build an OPNFV Pharos lab Julien

    Minutes: link

April 9th

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update

  2. Release Automation update Trevor Bramwell
  3. apt-cacher-ng as a repo proxy

  4. Previous stable-branch Management Trevor Bramwell
    1. When are the jobs removed?
    2. Should we lock the branch after the release?
  5. New community lab hosting by Kontron valentin boucher

  6. Automatically add comitters as reviewers (releng-xci)

  7. <addme>

April 2nd

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update

  2. Release Automation update Trevor Bramwell]
  3. apt-cacher-ng as a repo proxy

  4. vBaremetal for deployment OPNFV Platform(with OpenStack)- Hyunsik Yang

  5. CI POD for Calipso

    Minutes: link

March 19th

Agenda:

  1. LaaS Update

  2. Release Automation update Trevor Bramwell
  3. "proposal for vBaremetal deployment OPNFV platform" form University 

  4. calipso and python 3.5

  5. apt-cacher-ng as a repo proxy

  6. Scenario Descriptor Files for JOID support

    Minutes: link

March 12th

Agenda:

  1. LAAS Update
  2. Did everyone get the right meeting time? I sent invites for 15:00 UTC and irregularities were reported for some clients)
  3. Automated anteater reviews pushed to gerrit for IP exceptions (discuss anteater voting) (we have been told that a -1 for adding "wget foo.com/bar" in your repo  is too restrictive)
  4. PDF/IDF - Ubuntu/Centos pools for jumphosts. (stop gap for vm requirment/onboarding for pdf/idf)
  5. Pushing for more usage of Jenkins Sandbox. (push for virtual pod usage from labs.opnfv.org/documentation
  6. Jenkins limitations going forward, look at Jenkins Pipline / Why we had the functest multi-job debacle (https://www.cloudbees.com/blog/sending-notifications-pipeline)

Minutes: Link

February 26th

  1. LaaS availability prior to ONS, Fatih DegirmenciParker Berberian
    • is it possible to make LaaS available to wider community 2 weeks prior to ONS (March 12th) so the projects can book/use the resources for demos, etc?
  2. Pharos Spec refresh, JulienJack MorganTim Irnich
  3. Pharos vPOD PDF/Spec, Alexandru Avadanii
  4. Status of dynamic CI Trials on LF POD5, Trevor Bramwell
  5. Requirements for Long Duration CI Yang (Gabriel) Yu


Minutes: link

February 12th

  1. LaaS Update/Progress/Demo, Parker BerberianSawyer Bergeron
  2. Discussion around Global-JJB and other LF Releng initiatives, Trevor BramwellAric Gardner
    1. How to keep OPNFV informed regarding the work done by LF Releng Team that has possibility to have impacts on OPNFV and result in improvements
  3. Relation to LFN when it comes to OPNFV Infra/Releng and LF Releng, Ray Paik, all
  4. Post-Euphrates Jenkins Upgrade Trevor Bramwell

Minutes: link

February 5th

  1. LaaS Update/Progress/Demo, Parker BerberianSawyer Bergeron
  2. Pharos docs as part of Infra on docs.opnfv.org Aric Gardner
  3. Releasing the current version of PDF Template (repo tagging), all
  4. OVN4NFV vPOD need, Fatih Degirmenci Trinath Somanchi
  5. Jenkins Upgrade Review (build2.opnfv.orgTrevor Bramwell
  6. <addme>

Minutes: link

January 29th

Agenda:

  1. Infra/Pharos/Releng topics in Docs Hacking, February 1st, Fatih Degirmencijulien zhang
  2. PDF/IDF Update/Progress, Alexandru AvadaniiAric Gardner
    • Vote on enabling CI verify voting for check-jinja/check-schema
    • Current limitations in IDF net_config (precursor for Guillermo Herrero's net_config refactor)
    • Current limitations in IA (installer adapters)
  3. LaaS Update/Progress/Demo, Parker BerberianSawyer Bergeron
  4. Items from past weeks - please remove if these have been discussed
  5. New Jenkins plugin requirement discussion https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/PostBuildScript+Plugin  Aric GardnerFatih Degirmencijulien zhang
  6. vPDF proposal, Alexandru Avadanii
  7. net_config refactor proposal, Guillermo HerreroAlexandru Avadanii


Minutes (link)


December 18th

Agenda:

  1. Release criteria - David McBride
  2. Pharos Spec refresh, Jack Morgan
  3. Review the no of PODs installers haveJack MorganFatih Degirmenci
    1. Discuss https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/48755 and CI Pod process Trevor Bramwell
  4. JIRA issue review, Fatih DegirmenciJack Morgan
  5. Converting INFO files to yaml, Trevor BramwellAric Gardner
  6. Pharos Dashboard

 

Minutes (link):

  1. Release criteria
    • David spoke with OpenStack Release project about topic - they use CI to judge if something needs to be release or not
    • The ideas described in CI Evolution might help improving the release criteria. See the full meeting minutes for more details.
  2. Pharos Spec refresh
  3. Review the no of PODs installers have
  4. JIRA issue review
    • INFRA-195: POD request for Storperf will be looked into after holiday period
  5. Converting INFO files to yaml
  6. Pharos Dashboard


December 11th

Agenda:

  1. Committer list per repo, Fatih Degirmenci
  2. Meetings coming weeks, December 18th, 25th, January 1st, all
  3. Follow up decisions from Plugfest
    • POD descriptor file
  4. Automate build server/vPOD configuration Trevor Bramwell


Minutes (link):


  1. Committer list per repo
  2. Meetings coming weeks, December 18th, 25th, January 1st
    • Meetings on December 25th and January 1st have been cancelled.
    • Meeting on December 18th will be held as usual.
    • First meeting of new year will be on January 8th.
  3. Follow up decisions from Plugfest
    • Jack will send an email about plugfest discussions regarding PDF
    • The template to use is the one in pharos repo
    • Network configuration details will be moved to IDF and work with IDF will continue
    • Version number will be added to PDF template and this will be inherited into PDFs for the PODs
    • The proposed version is 2 digit versioning; x.y
    • IDF and SDF need similar versioning and they need to match to each other
  4. Automate build server/vPOD configuration
    • Other things to remember are configuring gsutil and docker credentials
    • AGREEDAutomatically remove Jenkins slaves that have been offline for 4 months or more
  5. Release Automation

November 27

Agenda:

  1. Using #lf-releng on Freenode as releng IRC channel and redirect people there Fatih Degirmenci
  2. Jenkins default path is stupid. discuss permanent solution for adding /usr/local/bin/ Aric Gardner
  3. Move from securedlab to pharos underway. Need to discuss granting forge author Aric Gardner
  4. Discuss what could be considered sensitive beyond ipmi user and password in pdfs Aric Gardner
  5. Brief update on long duration test Yang (Gabriel) Yu
  6. Brief update on Jenkins server migration, Trevor Bramwell

Minutes (link)

  1. Using #lf-releng on Freenode as releng IRC channel and redirect people there
  2. Jenkins default path is stupid. discuss permanent solution for adding /usr/local/bin
    • The default path needs to be adjusted and /usr/local/bin should be added to it
    • This can be configured in Jenkins Global Configuration
  3. Move from securedlab to pharos underway. Need to discuss granting forge author
    • It is important to allow people to amend each others' changes and send patches to Pharos to work things on together
    • This practice has been followed by different OPNFV projects and other open source projects.
    • Infra WG agrees to enable forge author for Pharos repo
  4. Discuss what could be considered sensitive beyond ipmi user and password in PDFs
  5. Brief update on long duration test
  6. Brief update on Jenkins server migration
    • Server has been setup and Jenkins has been configured
    • Current home directory needs to be copied and jobs need to be disabled
    • Some verification is needed to ensure Jenkins behaves as expected
    • Notifications will be sent out as needed
  7. Action Items

November 20

Agenda:

  1. Zuulv3 Prototype
  2. Huawei Lab wutianwei
    • migrate Xi'an lab Huawei Xi'an Lab to shanghai 
    • add a arm pod in the end of Dec
  3. CI Resources for JOID Narinder GuptaDavid McBride
    • Status of Huawei POD
    • Status of alternative Intel POD
    • Connecting PODs to Jenkins - mail to helpdesk is needed
  4. XCI at Plugfest
    • review schedules, can we consolidate agenda items? 
    • practices/principles to follow in order to be part of XCI. (Infra/CI practices such as PDF/IDF/SDF & dynamic CI, having people/hw, etc. which will be documented)
  5. How to use special HW and test accordingly
  6. Define test requirements for gating scenarios for the release

Minutes (link)

  1. Zuulv3 Prototype
    • A VM has been brought up to start the prototype. More info to follow once we have some progress.
  2. Huawei Lab
    • Huawei lab will be migrated during this week
    • Impacted resources are huawei-pod7, huawei-pod12, huawei-virtual5 and huawei-virtual7
    • The impacted resources will be offline during the migration
    • Impacted projects are Compass and Joid
    • An ARM based POD will be added as well
  3. CI Resources for JOID
    • JOID doesn't have any resources to run baremetal jobs
    • intel-pod18 has been made available to JOID and it needs to be connected to OPNFV Jenkins
    • To connect this POD to OPNFV Jenkins, a mail to opnfv-helpdesk is needed and the workaround needs to be applied for port 80
    • Once the POD is connected to Jenkins, it needs to be labelled with joid-baremetal
    • And finally the slave needs to be added to slave-params.yml
    • https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=releng.git;a=blob;f=jjb/global/slave-params.yml
       
  4. XCI at Plugfest
  5. How to use special HW and test accordingly
    • Some features require special hw or specific configuration which need to be handled
    • Discussion is needed to find out how to work on this
    • One option could be incorporating this into ongoing discussion to refresh Pharos spec
    • This is needed in order to easily find out which features are offered by which labs/PODs
    • Based on the information provided by the labs, we can automatically decide where a certain deployment should go or enable test frameworks to pick right test cases
    • Pharos spec can have some basic use cases and the above things could be additions on top of the base spec
    • A topic for plugfest has been added to the agenda: Testing hardware/software interactions brainstorming
    • https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/EVNT/Euphrates+Plugfest+Schedule#EuphratesPlugfestSchedule-Day4(December7th)Schedule
    • The day/time of the session might change coming days
  6. Define test requirements for gating scenarios for the release
    • This is simply improving release criteria by using the results from test runs
    • Tooling support is needed
    • Release Criteria needs to be discussed and brought up to TSC for approval once things are clarified within community
    • ACTIONdmcbride to followup the topic to ensure this gets discussed during the plugfest
  7. Action Items

November 13

Agenda:

  1. Status Updates
  2. JIRA issues status
  3. Octopus project & git repositories
    • what to do with the SDF effort 
  4. Post-Euphrates Jenkins Upgrade
  5. Review actions items
  6. Security Release Plan
    • discuss milestones
    • new checks that should be performed (mandatory / recommended)
  7. Zuulv3 Prototype

 

Minutes (link)

  1. Status Updates:
    • PDF/IDF
      • PDF/IDF has been in use by different installers such as Fuel/MCP, Daisy, OSA.
      • Apex team started looking into PDF/IDF to see if what is there covers their needs.
      • No updates from Joid.
    • LaaS and Dashboard integration
    • Infra Documentation on RTD (docs.opnfv.org)
      • Patch moving CI/SW Infra to Releng repo has been merged.
      • Patch making CI/SW Infra part of RTD has been under review for quite a long time and will be merged once the inclusion of the Pharos docs is excluded from the patch.
  2. JIRA issues status
    • INFRA-149 is still open. We need stakeholders around to get update regarding this.

  3. Octopus project & git repositories
    • It has been agreed to move SDF to Pharos repo.
    • Ulrich Kleber has been contacted for retirement/archival of Octopus project since noone stepped up to take it over.
  4. Post-Euphrates Jenkins Upgrade
  5. Security Release Plan
    • The draft plan has been documented by Luke Hinds and feedback is requested from the community.
    • It is important to make the checks part of a release Milestone rather than having them done just before the release, making things a bit easier to fix and track.
    • We also need to think about how to make none-voting patchset verification jobs voting with less disruption.
    • As part of moving to voting jobs, an intermediate step for projects to request exception for certain security issues via a Gerrit keyword which removed Verified-1.
    • Periodic jobs can be looked into as additional feedback channel but the question here is how to make the reports available to the projects.
  6. Zuulv3 Prototype
  7. Action Items

October 30

Agenda:

  1. Status Updates
  2. General purpose docker build capability
    • who owns docker builds for releases? historically, docker build have been created by projects
    • community needs to create a proposal to help solve this which includes gathering requirements and defining the process to getting docker builds created/removed, etc
  3. Logging facility (e.g. for ODL, OVS, etc.)
    • problem statement - when debugging failures, it would helpful to have a central location to collect logs
    • this is helpful both for centralizing logs for upstream communities to investigate and for defect reporting purposes 
  4. POD allocation within OPNFV Community
    • does two POD per installer model make sense still?
    • Intel lab has found that CI POD users are not using hardware resources as designed or not at all
  5. Review actions items

Minutes (link) 

  1. Status Update
    • vPOD has been provided container4nfv from Huawei lab
    • this is the patch, https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/46283, INFRA-185 can be closed
    • Nokia lab is providing hardware resources for Long duration stress testing (INFRA-154)
  2. general purpose docker build capability
    • docker builds have been part of releases since Brahmaputra 
    • docker builds have a script to build them - the desire is to have this script be owned by releng 
    • https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/46111/
    • docker script will create a new doicker build per patch in gerrit 
    • need to think about including docker builds with releases especially as they grow over time
    • the proposal is releng project own the script with test-wg helping support it 
    • CristinaPauna mentions that there are those in the community who don't know about how to use this script
    • this means there someone from releng will need to help support community by documentation and user help
    • plus a process to how we can get changes made to the script
  3. logging facilitites
  4. POD allocation within OPNFV communtity
    • Julien-zte mentions that until we have dynamic CI still need two POD per installer 
    • radez mentions that they still need both POD - daily jobs are running 24hrs a day for example for test frameworks
    • timezone change for next meeting - see calendar invite 

Action Items:

Ongoing Items:

Closed Actions: 

  • none

New Actions:

  • start email thread on transitioning docker build script to the releng project David McBride
  • schedule a Plugfest discussion on logging facilities David McBride

October 23rd

Agenda:

  1. Status Updates
  2. LaaS Hardware proposal to OPNFV board Ray Paik
  3. Octopus PTL role as it relates to Infra WG
  4. Review actions items

Action Items:

Ongoing Items:

v

  1. AoB
    • David mentions the issue of dockers builds - who owns these for the release?
    • previously docker build have been created by projects
    • suggestion is to work through a proposal to solve this problem
    • next topic is creating a central logging service of upstream projects
    • issue is when debugging problems, it would helpful to have a central location to collecting logs 
  2. Status Updates 
    • no updates on topics due to low attendance
  3. Octopus PTL role 
    • aricg suggestes roling SDF effort back into Infra WG / Pharos project
  4. Review action items 

Closed Actions: 

  • none

New Actions:

  • none

October 16th

Agenda:

  1. Zuul v3, Fatih Degirmenci
    • possibility to start a prototype?
  2. vPOD for container4nfv, Ruijing GuoFatih Degirmenci
  3. Long duration testing POD request 
  4. Status Updates
  5. Jenkins Plugin Requests
  6. Review actions items

Action Items:

Ongoing Items:


Minutes (link)
  1. Zuul v3
    • fdegir provides an overview of Zuul including that potential to bring to OPNFV
    • its still in testing upstream but looks interesting for starting a POC
  2. vPOD for container4nfv
    • they need a vPOD to run daily jobs
    • need to find hardware resources  
  3. Long duration testing POD request 
    • Intel labs is not able to host this effort and will need to find hardware resources
    • in addition Intel labs will be reducing the total number POD 
  4. Status Updates 
  5. Jenkins Plugin Request
    • first is Timestamper = which provides a time stamp on the build
    • second is warnings plugins = which shows plylint graphs but concern is access to Jenkins interface might slow it down
    • decision is to move forward to use timestamper plugin but delay adding warning plugins until after the release 
    • Link to patch - https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/44603
    • please review above patch and provide feedback on alternative proposal to IDF

Closed Actions: 

New Actions:

October 9th

Agenda:

  • Status update on PDF 
    • complete discussion from last week as this is a deliverable for Euphrates release
  • LaaS and Dashboard integration Lincoln Lavoie
  • Infra documentation on RTD - patch 40329 merged, what else?
    • Discussion of Infra documentation
  • Zuul v3, Fatih Degirmenci
    • possibility to start a prototype?
  • Follow up on security audit job logs  RELENG-272 - Ericsson Build 3 not reporting failures to comments IN PROGRESS
  • F Release participation
  • Review actions items

Minutes (link)

  • Status update on PDF 
  • LaaS and Dashboard integration
    • lylavoie is working on LF hosting issues with bramwelt but will focus on it after the release
    • requirements gathering and plan is being tracked via Dashboard Roadmap
  • Infra documentation on RTD
    • initial patch 40329 has been merged, what else needs to be migrated
    • bramwelt has some documentation to post but not sure which project it goes
  • AoB
    • bryan_att mentioned that the Equifax breach was due to Apache structs vulnerability
    • bryan_att suggests we need some discussion on potential scanner tools for production deployments
    • Luke will investigate ODL scanning and bryan_att will bring it up at the TSC
    • jmorgan1 mentions this is a good Plugfest topic
  • Action Items
    • contact installer PTLs support of PDF in Euphrates
      • Fuel/MCP and Daisy4NFV has support for PDF, Compass4NFV will delay working on it until F release
      • Apex and Joid have not responded to emails
    • closed and new action items below

Closed Actions:

  • Contact installer PTLs for support of PDF in Euphrates Julien
  • Submit patches to add lab owners and others to Pharos repoAric Gardner
  • Reach out to lab owners to collect feedback on including username and password in PDF Jack Morgan
  • Reach out to Luke Hinds to security projects input on passwords in PDF Aric Gardner
  • Create wiki page to track next steps and features for Laas/dashboard effort Lincoln Lavoie
  • Reach out to Joid, Apex and Compass need to provide a contact for PDF effort Julien
  • create POC on encryption option Aric Gardner

New Actions:

  • October 2nd

Agenda:

  • Status update on PDF 
    • complete discussion from last week as this is a deliverable for Euphrates release
    • list of committers and contributers
    • here are the securedlabs groups with submit access
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-apex-submitters
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-armband-submitters
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-compass-submitters
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-daisy-submitters
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-fuel-contributors
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-fuel-submitters
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-joid-submitters
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-octopus-submitters
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-ovsnfv-contributors
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-ovsnfv-submitters
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-pharos-contributors
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-pharos-submitters
      • ldap/opnfv-gerrit-releng-submitters
    • the list of committers Aric was going to propose for securedlab
  • LaaS and Dashboard integration Lincoln Lavoie
  • Infra documentation on RTD - patch 40329 merged, what else?
  • Zuul v3, Fatih Degirmenci
    • possibility to start a prototype?
  • Scheduling CentOS 7.4 Infra Updates
  • Review actions items

Minutes (link)

  • status of PDF 
    • bryan_att shares that he wants to keep ipmi user name / passwords secure, including MAC address
    • durschatz also recommends keeping this type of information securely
    • fdegir mentions read access needs to be discussed first, he asks if those that signed CLA for LF should be able to read the repo?
    • fdegir share how fuel uses a local repo instead of a opnfv repo as a workaround to sensitive information concerns
    • link to example of using a local repo - https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/43915/
    • aricg suggests encrypting some information in the yaml file via GPG keys
    • aricg suggest having a lab owners ldap group for them
    • fdegir suggest adding installer PTLs to new lab owners ldap group
    • jmorgan1 suggests calling new ldap group securelab committers
    • aricg suggests making everyone being a contributor so they can read the repo 
  • LaaS / Dashboard integration
    • jmorgan1 reports that Jose is fine with Lincoln taking over effort
    • jmorgan1 empowers Lincoln to drive this issue as needed
  • infra documentation on RTD
    • link to latest infra documentation - http://docs.opnfv.org/en/latest/index.html#infrastructure
    • fdegir summarizes what he has done so far (see link above)
    • ACTIONpharos project needs to define hardware details to be included
    • fdegir mentions that git submodules can pull from infra wg projects to be included in single place
    • bramwelt asks about consolidating docs in infra repo vs individual infra wg projects

Closed Actions:

  • Reach out to Jose on status of who owns Dashboard effort Jack Morgan

New Actions:

Agenda:

  • Experiences with PDF, David BlaisonneauGuillermo HerreroAlexandru Avadanii
    • complete discussion from last week
    • follow up on action items and status
  • status of Pharos projects (LaaS and Dashboard)
    • we need a long term solution to Dashboard per the issue reported in INFRA-176
    • what is the plan to integrate them? impact from OPNFV board's recent decision on LaaS
  • Review actions items
  • Infra documentation on RTD - patch 40329 merged, what else?

Minutes (link)

  • Experiences with PDF 
    • AlexAvadanii provdes a summery of his email on PDF
    • Link to his patch - https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/42893/ (PoC: net_config refactor) 
    • Lincoln mentions that we don't need to branch pharos-tools at this point 
    • AGREEDto not branch pharos-tools for now
    • jmorgan1 asks who should have access to securelab?
    • aricg suggests each installer has their own repo to track installer specific items
    • jmorgan1 reminders everyone to review the patches in gerrit as the release is coming  
  • LaaS and Pharos Dashboard
    • Licoln provides an update on the status of this effort
    • Lincoln is working on scoping next steps particularly with board decision to move forward with LaaS
  • Review action items

Closed Actions:

New Actions:

  • Clean up non-active Pharos committers Jack Morgan
  • Submit patches to add lab owners and others to Pharos repo Aric Gardner
  • Reach out to lab owners to collect feedback on including username and password in PDF Jack Morgan
  • Reach out to Luke Hinds to security projects input on passwords in PDF Aric Gardner
  • Reach out to Jose on status of who owns Dashboard effort Jack Morgan
  • Create wiki page to track next steps and features for Laas/dashboard effort Lincoln Lavoie
  • Reach out to Joid, Apex and Compass need to provide a contact for PDF effort Julien
  • September 18th

Agenda:

Minutes (link)

  • Jenkins jobs for stable/euphrates  
  • Update on Releng repo split 
    • We need the list of repos to be clarified  
    • releng repo will be split per proposal on https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/INF/Split+up+Releng+Repository 
    • AGREED: bramwelt to send mail to test-wg regarding releng repo names  
    • Infra WG agree to proposal but need final name for releng-testresults from test work group  
    • AGREED: bramwelt to create releng-utils repos 
  • Releng repo danube.1.0 
    • bramwelt will tag releng repo for danube 1.0 today  
  • Intel lab firewall(jmorgan1, 15:21:38)
  • way of working with securelab 
    • discussion on who has access to securelab? How to get access? etc  
    • julien-zte point out resource - http://artifacts.opnfv.org/pharos/docs/#pharos-templates-and-configuration-files 
    • securelab discussion concluded with moving some scripts to pharos but since pharos is too large we need to split it up into two repo  
    • securelab needs to be branched for each release 
  • experience with PDF 
    • David_Orange links to patch under review https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/42233/  
    • jmorgan1 point out that original scope for POD descriptor file just list what hardware is available  
    • David_Orange shares what has been missing from his testing  
    • AlexAvadanii mentions he just dump what Fuel/MCP has on PDF right now  
    • David_Orange says to provide feedback in the patch and he will work from there  
    • uli-k will work to solve this gap through the SDF effort  

Closed Actions:

  • none

New Actions:

Agenda:

Minutes (link)

  • Agenda 
    •  jack is still working on getting firewall fixed 
    • bramwelt is still working on it and needs to resolve the issue of name / modules  
    • bramwelt beleives he will resolve it in the next few weeks  
    • need to tar releng repo or danube 1.0 release  
    •  Julien-zte asks about docker build scripts patch not being merged  
    • discussion resulted in agreement to merge patch, after getting +1 from others   
  • Action ItemsReview
    • Enable yamllint on releng itself bramwelt item needs community review 
       
    • Previous schedule for PDF / SDF from early summer  
    • Julien-zte will contact all the PTLs of installer support PDF in Euphrates and double check the installers support to be installed in the VM.   
    • Send email to Lab owners to make them input lab information to dashboard Jose Lausuch --> jmorgan1 to follow up with Jose   
    • Attend test working group, for feedback on their specific elements in releng --> still working on it
    • Determine requirements for CI-PODs to ensure ZTE-POD2 meets them --> bramwelt needs requirements defined first  
    • Uli and Bryan will share collected information on PODs and Scenarios --> In Progress  
      • Bryan asks If there was data we could mine from the Jenkins system  
      • something allocates jobs to pods. We just need to translate that to a table. Still my Acton.   
  • AoB 
    • RTD migration of wiki content, need to review 40329 patch - fdegir 
    • fdegir provided link to CI, Infra but need to do Pharos (community labs)  
    • bryan_att asks where we are with dynamic POD allocation  
    • bryan_att mentions a defect he is seeing with Apex on Dell R720 and Centos kernel support  

Closed Actions:

  • none

New Actions:

  • No labels

1 Comment

  1. Work with Lincoln Lavoie to get CI Pods displayed on labs.opnfv.org Trevor Bramwell
    CI Pods are displaying in the labs dashboard again.  Parker said this issue was caused by a system level upgrade negatively impacting the iptables rules that are required for Docker.  Flushing the table and restarting the Docker networking components fixed the issue.