Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees

Absent

Non TSC Attendees


Discussion items

5 min

Admin

  • Linux Foundation Anti-trust policy
  • Agenda Bashing
  • Attendance/Quorum (Proxy Identification)
  • Announcement of the OPNFV TSC Chairperson election results
  • Approval of Feb 18 Meeting Minutes
  • TSC Vice Chair Election CLOSING at 5PM PST
  • Improvements to TSC agenda preparation and minute taking Mark Beierl TSC-50 - Define TSC meeting artifacts Open
  • Minutes Approved
  • Comments on agenda preparation and minute taking welcome, please send email to opnfv-tsc email list.
5min
  • 2020 community election process call for updates in the May/June timeframe Jim Baker 
    • Process must be approved by end of March, it's now   !!
    • Proposal to reduce OPNFV TSC headcount Jim Baker 
      • OPNFV is smaller, reduce TSC - propose 7 member TSC?

  • Comments welcome, please reply to email
20min

Strategic Planning:

  • Communication with CNTT Governance and feedback  
  • SPC Update (Trevor Cooper
    • Special SPC Meeting was held on Feb 17 with OPNFV TSC reps on OPNFV 2.0, initiated by Trevor Cooper
    • A Follow-up Meeting was held on Feb 20 with CNTT Governance  (thanks Jim Baker for an Agenda slot!)
    • ACTION ItemsALL PTLs !!!
      • Collect skills required to address enhancements needed for CNTT Tests
      • Success criteria:    What resources needed (Skill set) ?    What are they going to do (Tasks/Projects)?
  • Discussion
  • Suggestion to go to CNTT governance
  • If CNTT stakeholders want to ensure coverage, send developers
    • Response was warm, please identify skills and projects
    • How will we measure performance?
    • A lot of test definition/meta work is needed - HOW!
    • There are requirements at a high level for what test cases are needed
    • Performance is more about the actual level provided, with a bare minimum qualifying pass/fail level
    • Intention is first to provide the current baseline vs. pass/fail
    • Need to be able to point to test specifications, and then easily run the test case to gather results
      • Trevor Cooper states that from his perspective there are significant gaps between where we are and this type of approach
      • Test specification may be drawn from anywhere (as we want to find "good" specifications)
    • Gaps have been identified, but communication seems to require more effort 
      • Request to identify what projects are not responding
      • Georg Kunz suggests using the project's weekly meeting to move the conversations forward
10min

OPNFV Mission 2.0:   Work Progress Page

  • Need to reach closure on OPNFV discussions – meet self-imposed deadlines.
  • Further review (LFN Board) ??
Qiao Fu
5min

2020 Internship Program

Announcement and key dates

Does OPNFV have a proposal to submit? Deadline is  

  • PTLs, please consider what can be proposed.
  • It can be very high level and refined as the June start date approaches




5min

Revised Release Process and Messaging - more discussion needed (good discussion in Prague DDF), then proposal David McBride  Summarize Prague discussion

  • Possible CNTT Input for TSC meeting on   in Next Hour!
  • Use Release meeting time for more discussion!

10min
  • OPNFV Project Reviews 
  • Request for other project reviews: Fuel, Dovetail, SampleVNF, releng, yardstick, ovn4nvf, pharos, container4nfv, bottlenecks, CIRV, clover, rocket, edgecloud, opnfvdocs
  • Is the CNTT integration RA1 or RA2?
    • NFVBench is agnostic to NFVI (OpenStack or container based)
5min

Quick updates & email updates - discussion only if needed


  • No update from LF IT
  • Request to take poll if TSC wants CIRV project review update.

TSC JIRA Item Review

KeySummaryStatus
TSC-31 PM tasks Open
TSC-46 Plan/Manage OPNFV Plugfests Open
TSC-21 Roll-up of OPNFV sessions at ONS NA Open
TSC-43 Manage TSC meetings Open
TSC-44 Maintain OPNFV events calendar and associated tasks Open

Outstanding Action Items

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Inform the Community that we need to collect April Virtual Meeting topics this week, before the Planning Meeting on Friday  
03 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-04-07
  • Inform the Community that we need to collect April Virtual Meeting topics this week, before the Planning Meeting on Friday  
03 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-03-31
  • What does OPNFV WANT from the next Release? Set date for discussion next week (Release Meeting time slot) David McBride
David McBrideOPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-04-07
  • Inform
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-04-07
  • What does OPNFV WANT from the next Release? Set date for discussion next week (Release Meeting time slot) David McBride
David McBrideOPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-03-31
  • What does OPNFV WANT from the next Release? Set date for discussion next week (Release Meeting time slot) David McBride
David McBrideOPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-02-18

Action items

  •  Each PTL to collect skills required to address enhancements for CNTT tests