Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees

Absent

Non TSC Attendees

Discussion items

5 min

Admin

Frank Brockners pointed out some inconsistency between web and charter mission missing from minutes.

Minutes approved.

10min
Jim Baker
  • Proposal to reduce TSC size proposal open for comment.
  • No other proposals made to change the TSC composition OR election process
  • Cedric Ollivier suggests the nomination period starts in September due to European holidays
  • David McBride reminds the TSC that budget review happens starting in September so elections should not happen then
  • Frank Brockners and Al Morton suggest that elections should start earlier
  • Frank Brockners confirms budget planning starts in September
  • Frank Brockners suggests pulling schedule ahead by 6 weeks so the chair is elected by start of August
  • Jim Baker suggests we can use the existing Bitergia data for creating the active contributor report
  • Agreed to move the vote period ahead by 6 weeks
  • No consensus on vote text for reducing the TSC
  • Vote on reduction of seats is not going to proceed as there is not enough consensus on the proposal.
  • Agreed to cancel vote
  • Mark Beierl to lead offline discussion
1minCall for volunteers: LFN Virtual Technical Event Planning CommitteeJim Baker

Frank Brockners and Trevor Cooper have volunteered to lead this.

15min

OPNFV Mission 2.0:   Work Progress Page       Agreements Capture Page

  • Need to reach closure on OPNFV discussions – meet self-imposed deadlines.
  • Has consistency been achieved between web and charter statements?
  • Further review (LFN Board) ??
  • #vote text ...

Frank Brockners indicates that the web statement is not included in the charter.

This is the last opportunity for discussion.  Whatever is present in next week's TSC is the final version.

5minReview Outstanding Action Items below
  • Cedric Ollivier has no proposal for change, we can close the action item on TSC member eligibility
15min

Revised Release Process and Messaging -

  • Previous Presentation
  • David presented with minimal time for feedback.
  • Goal: Less Process!  What should we reduce? What do we need to Clarify - slide 6?
  • This time slot to determine next steps. (Last Slide)
  • Do we need a better time for Release meetings?

Capture Objections to proposed process

1min
  • OPNFV Project Reviews 
    • ???  ( no projects scheduled through March! ).
  • Request for other project reviews: Fuel, Dovetail, SampleVNF, releng, yardstick, ovn4nvf, pharos, container4nfv, bottlenecks, clover, rocket, edgecloud, opnfvdocs

We have had no new projects volunteer. The ones listed are active but have not volunteered for review. 

The listed projects will be targeted for archival/termination if reviews are not complete by end of June 2020.

  • Fuel to be presented  
5min

Quick updates & email updates - discussion only if needed


  • MICHAEL FIX is stepping down as PTL  
  • CIRV needs to call PTL election.

TSC JIRA Item Review

KeySummaryStatus
TSC-31 PM tasks Open
TSC-46 Plan/Manage OPNFV Plugfests Open
TSC-21 Roll-up of OPNFV sessions at ONS NA Open
TSC-43 Manage TSC meetings Open
TSC-44 Maintain OPNFV events calendar and associated tasks Open


Outstanding Action Items

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • TSC Review of Staffing Proposal to CNTT plus Field Trial Testing Plan and Staffing

    • CNTT discussions? other updates??
    • Input from OPNFV New Release Process meeting (virtual event,  ) 
      • Release plans can use template of project work items, duration and skills needed.
      • Negotiate between projects and requirement stakeholders - TSC facilitates
23 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-09
  • TSC Review of Staffing Proposal to CNTT plus Field Trial Testing Plan and Staffing

    • CNTT discussions? other updates??
    • Input from OPNFV New Release Process meeting (virtual event,  ) 
      • Release plans can use template of project work items, duration and skills needed.
      • Negotiate between projects and requirement stakeholders - TSC facilitates
23 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-02
  • CIRV Mandate Review

    • Mark Beierl has looked at the Common Infrastructure Realization & Validation (CIRV) Home page and its mandate and believes that there is a disconnect between what the project started out doing and what it is currently doing.
    • TSC agreed there is as an opportunity to improve  
    • On  Weekly Tech Discussion Agenda
28 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-09
  • CIRV Mandate Review

    • Mark Beierl has looked at the Common Infrastructure Realization & Validation (CIRV) Home page and its mandate and believes that there is a disconnect between what the project started out doing and what it is currently doing.
    • TSC agreed there is as an opportunity to improve  
    • On  Weekly Tech Discussion Agenda
28 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-02
  • Review OPNFV's overall process to respond to CNTT Requirements
    • CNTT Requirements have been revised - Release was
    • Need revised assessment:
    • Test Identification
    • Ref Instantiation and automation of deployment and testing
    • Badging
15 May 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-09
  • Review OPNFV's overall process to respond to CNTT Requirements
    • CNTT Requirements have been revised - Release was
    • Need revised assessment:
    • Test Identification
    • Ref Instantiation and automation of deployment and testing
    • Badging
15 May 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-02
30 Jun 2020Al MortonOPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-23
  • Recording for the purpose of audio transcript only. (defer to  )
25 Aug 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-08-25
  • SampleVNF project would like to Join JERMA Release (DEFER to  )
    • PTL departure caused this missed deadline, require an acting PTL
      • Propose Luc Provoost
    • Can offer at least one RELREQ requirement, considerable development toward this goal in 2020.
    • #agree Waiver for LATE intent to join JERMA for SampleVNF
06 Oct 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • Discussion of content (for publication in various forms) to provide to Heather and Marketing with key OPNFV-level highlights in 3Q and 4Q
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • TSC Eligibility post-Meld
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • LF IT/Infra update: (Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell)
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • Bottlenecks' Stress test spawns VMs till it breaks in OVP
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • Contact Srinivasa Addepalli on getting a attendee to OPNFV TSC to discuss ovn4nfv status and possible move to Akraino
Srinivasa AddepalliOPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • Release Naming - CNTT in 2021?
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • Future Topic: new template for staffing task & requirement evaluation - similar to Intern projects Mark Beierl
Mark BeierlOPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  •  recent status update
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • Weekly place holder update
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • Projects:
    • ovn4nfv at future meeting
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29

Action Items

  • Mark Beierl to lead discussion on TSC size.   
  • Delivery date for OPNFV 2.0 discussion in  
  • Jim Baker review TSC eligibility  
  • Jack Morgan lead TSC eligibility discussion