Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

April 14, 2020

Attendees

Absent

Non TSC Attendees

Quorum Requirements

15 Seats with 3 members absent over past meetings: 12 seats so quorum is 7.

Discussion items

5 min

Admin

  • Al Morton forgot to Answer Role Call, but was present and chaired the meeting.
1min
  •  
5mn

Virtual Event in April (replacing the in person ONES NA):
https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/Virtual+Technical+Event+Planning+Committee

Call for proposals/topics related to OPNFV

  • June event is confirmed to be virtual as well
15min

OPNFV 2.0 Actions:   Work Progress Page   Agreements Capture Page

  • Proposal to ...
  • What's next?
15min

Review OPNFV's overall process to respond to CNTT Requirements for April 20 Meetings

EVERYONE
  • Need to continue with SHOULD coverage assessment summary.
5min

TSC Review of Staffing Proposal to CNTT plus Field Trial Testing Plan and Staffing

  • Review with CNTT TSC this week.
  • Any tweaks are necessary, fit to projects and CNTT Roadmap (Rabi's suggestion)
  • Al Morton arranged a meeting with Rabi, Fu Qiao, Cedirc, Al, and Scott, Mark B and Jim to meet and cleanup resources needed for OPNFV and map them to CNTT roadmap.  Results
  • Request to state term of assignments
  • Testing is an ongoing process.
0minReview Outstanding Action Items belowNoted
5min

What does OPNFV WANT from the next Release?  

Need to decide this before attempting the next step (see below, Release Process)

What artifacts does OPNFV release?  What replaces scenarios and installers considering the new mission statement?

Release Meeting Survey Results
rel_mtg_survey_results.pdf

Capture Objections to proposed process

Using Release meeting time slot to discuss opnfv docs evolution further (this month/April).

Likely Topic for April Virtual Meeting

10min
  • OPNFV Project Reviews 
    •  Moon  Re-in statement proposal with new mandate (scope does not change)  @PTL
    • Opportunity to seed the committers list directly, without a vote.
  • Request for other project reviews: Dovetail, SampleVNF, releng, yardstick, ovn4nvf, pharos, container4nfv, bottlenecks, clover, rocket, edgecloud,

The ones listed are active but have not volunteered for review. 

The listed projects will be targeted for archival/termination if reviews are not complete by end of June 2020.

5min

Quick updates & email updates - discussion only if needed


  • Wiki was rebooted between 0700-0800 PDT to address performance issues noticed by many.


Outstanding Action Items


  • Inform the Community that we need to collect April Virtual Meeting topics this week, before the Planning Meeting on Friday  
04 Apr 2020
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-03-31
  • What does OPNFV WANT from the next Release? Set date for discussion next week (Release Meeting time slot) David McBride

David McBrideOPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-03-31


Outstanding Action Items

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • TSC Review of Staffing Proposal to CNTT plus Field Trial Testing Plan and Staffing

    • CNTT discussions? other updates??
    • Input from OPNFV New Release Process meeting (virtual event,  ) 
      • Release plans can use template of project work items, duration and skills needed.
      • Negotiate between projects and requirement stakeholders - TSC facilitates
23 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-09
  • TSC Review of Staffing Proposal to CNTT plus Field Trial Testing Plan and Staffing

    • CNTT discussions? other updates??
    • Input from OPNFV New Release Process meeting (virtual event,  ) 
      • Release plans can use template of project work items, duration and skills needed.
      • Negotiate between projects and requirement stakeholders - TSC facilitates
23 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-02
  • CIRV Mandate Review

    • Mark Beierl has looked at the Common Infrastructure Realization & Validation (CIRV) Home page and its mandate and believes that there is a disconnect between what the project started out doing and what it is currently doing.
    • TSC agreed there is as an opportunity to improve  
    • On  Weekly Tech Discussion Agenda
28 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-09
  • CIRV Mandate Review

    • Mark Beierl has looked at the Common Infrastructure Realization & Validation (CIRV) Home page and its mandate and believes that there is a disconnect between what the project started out doing and what it is currently doing.
    • TSC agreed there is as an opportunity to improve  
    • On  Weekly Tech Discussion Agenda
28 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-02
  • Review OPNFV's overall process to respond to CNTT Requirements
    • CNTT Requirements have been revised - Release was
    • Need revised assessment:
    • Test Identification
    • Ref Instantiation and automation of deployment and testing
    • Badging
15 May 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-09
  • Review OPNFV's overall process to respond to CNTT Requirements
    • CNTT Requirements have been revised - Release was
    • Need revised assessment:
    • Test Identification
    • Ref Instantiation and automation of deployment and testing
    • Badging
15 May 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-02
30 Jun 2020Al MortonOPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-06-23
  • Recording for the purpose of audio transcript only. (defer to  )
25 Aug 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-08-25
  • SampleVNF project would like to Join JERMA Release (DEFER to  )
    • PTL departure caused this missed deadline, require an acting PTL
      • Propose Luc Provoost
    • Can offer at least one RELREQ requirement, considerable development toward this goal in 2020.
    • #agree Waiver for LATE intent to join JERMA for SampleVNF
06 Oct 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-09-29
  • Volunteers Needed to review and update Documentation Templates for JERMA - 2 or 3 people needed.
OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-10-27

Minutes

  • Quorum met
  • Last week's minutes OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-04-14 approved.
  • Election Results in: Jack Morgan is the new TSC member, welcome back!
  • Contacted Dan Xu and Panagiotis Karalis about participation in the TSC.  
  • Qiao Fu has offered to contact Dan Xu , therefore the vacation of the seat is deferred by one week.
  • The TSC agrees that the nominations can proceed while we wait for a response.
  • Virtual event planning needs to have a method for seeing CNTT and OPNFV at the same time - proposal to adding a column to the CNTT page.
  • OPNFV 2.0
    • Meeting moved to Friday, so no meeting so far this week
    • Clarification to OPNFV statement: what does it mean that we only have Airship as an installer?
    • OPNFV and CNTT mandates and who can provide what needs to be discussed.  
    • Common Infrastructure Realization & Validation (CIRV) Home mandate and is it still achievable?  How does this drive the staffing proposal?
    • Requirements traceability 
  • Staffing
    • We don't have a resource identified for OPNFV/CNTT documentation
  • Release Meeting
    • Does not seem to be a large interest in this
    • We still need to define what OPNFV is releasing.

Action items

  •