Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 

Attendees

Absent

Non TSC Attendees

Discussion items

5 min

Admin


2min

OPNFV KICK-OFF for the Virtual Event!

We expect more from each other in 2020.

Showing-up at meetings, or voting on issues is just the beginning. We are TSC members who are willing to volunteer to lead activities and participate in sub-committees to accomplish important goals.

For members who only participate outside the TSC meetings, that means reading the minutes, participating in off-line discussions and volunteering for the OPNFV activities that the TSC has agreed its members must lead.

10mn

Virtual Event in April (replacing the in person ONES NA):
https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/Virtual+Technical+Event+Planning+Committee

Call for proposals/topics related to OPNFV

  • June event is confirmed to be virtual as well
1min

OPNFV 2.0 Actions:   Work Progress Page   Agreements Capture Page

  • Session dedicated to this topic this week
  • What's next?
15min

Review OPNFV's overall process to respond to CNTT Requirements for Virtual Meetings

EVERYONE
  • Need to continue with SHOULD coverage assessment summary.
5min

TSC Review of Staffing Proposal to CNTT plus Field Trial Testing Plan and Staffing

  • Review with CNTT TSC this week.
  • Any tweaks are necessary, fit to projects and CNTT Roadmap (Rabi's suggestion)
  • Al Morton arranged a meeting with Rabi, Fu Qiao, Cedric, Al, and Scott, Mark B and Jim to meet and cleanup resources needed for OPNFV and map them to CNTT roadmap.  Results
  • Request to state term of assignments
  • Add Releng-testresults  ??
  • other updates??
  • Testing is an ongoing process.
0minReview Outstanding Action Items belowNoted
5min

What does OPNFV WANT from the next Release?  

Need to decide this before attempting the next step (see below, Release Process)

What artifacts does OPNFV release?  What replaces scenarios and installers considering the new mission statement?

Session scheduled for this week

Capture Objections to proposed process

Using Release meeting time slot to discuss opnfv docs evolution further (this month/April).

10min
  • OPNFV Project Reviews   Confirmed ???
    • Moon  Re-in statement proposal with new mandate (scope does not change)  PTL Thomas Duval Weekly Tech Meeting Review on  
    • Opportunity to seed the committers list directly, without a vote.
  • Request for other project reviews:  SampleVNF, releng, yardstick, ovn4nvf, pharos, container4nfv, bottlenecks, clover, rocket, edgecloud

Dovetail scheduled for  

The ones listed are active but have not volunteered for review. 

The listed projects will be targeted for archival/termination if reviews are not complete by end of June 2020.

5min

Quick updates & email updates - discusson only if needed

  • CNTT in OPNFV Update (Qiao Fu  )
    • CIRV Project relationship - Interactions on the basis of WIKI updates
  • LF IT/Infra update: (Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell)
  • Need to schedule downtime for Gerrit upgrade.

  • Wiki was rebooted between 0700-0800 PDT to address performance issues noticed by many.



Outstanding Action Items

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • TSC Review of Staffing Proposal to CNTT plus Field Trial Testing Plan and Staffing

    • CNTT discussions? other updates??
    • Input from OPNFV New Release Process meeting (virtual event,  ) 
      • Release plans can use template of project work items, duration and skills needed.
      • Negotiate between projects and requirement stakeholders - TSC facilitates
23 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting POC
  • CIRV Mandate Review

    • Mark Beierl has looked at the Common Infrastructure Realization & Validation (CIRV) Home page and its mandate and believes that there is a disconnect between what the project started out doing and what it is currently doing.
    • TSC agreed there is as an opportunity to improve  
    • On  Weekly Tech Discussion Agenda
28 Apr 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting POC
  • Review OPNFV's overall process to respond to CNTT Requirements
    • CNTT Requirements have been revised - Release was
    • Need revised assessment:
    • Test Identification
    • Ref Instantiation and automation of deployment and testing
    • Badging
15 May 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting POC
25 May 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting POC
  • Linux Foundation Insights presentation - Weekly Technical Discuss meeting on
01 Jun 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting POC
  • Volunteer for Project reviews at the Round-Robin (~20 min each)
03 Jun 2020 OPNFV TSC Meeting POC
OPNFV TSC Meeting POC
  • Agenda Bashing
OPNFV TSC Meeting POC
OPNFV TSC Meeting POC
OPNFV TSC Meeting POC

Minutes

  • Quorum reached
  • Last week's minutes OPNFV TSC Meeting 2020-04-14#Minutes approved
  • Virtual Event in April
    • Some last minute changes requested, look for final schedule in the link
  • Pharos/Releng will present end of June as the Infrastructure Working Group
  • We see people in OPNFV working in CNTT, but there is not a lot of CNTT work happening in OPNFV yet.
  • Gerrit update caused issues in ONAP, Cedric Ollivierquestioned if an update to gerrit review client is needed.

Action items

  • Update project lifecycle page with a re-activate process David McBride