Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 

TSC Attendees

Absent

Non TSC Attendees

  • David McBride
  • Pierre Lynch
  • Kenny Paul
  • Brandon Wick
  • Aric Gardner
  • Heather Kirksey

Agenda items

TimeItemsPresenterNotes
5 min

Meeting Logistics


3 min

Announcements

  • Linux Foundation Insights presentation from Weekly Technical Discuss meeting - presentation and minutes
  • Future topic: new template for staffing task & requirement evaluation - similar to Intern projects Mark Beierl
  • Yardstick's future??  HA test cases  Bottlenecks' test spawns VMs till it breaks
Al MortonShubhra Kar
5 min

Virtual Event Planning (June 22-25)

  • Volunteer for Project reviews at the Round-Robin (~20 min each)
    • Project proposal submission page - Deadline   <<<<<<<Tomorrow !!!!!!
    • Any Sessions on Tactical Issue discussions within OPNFV ?? 
    • keep total time in mind - 

Action add/check the Joint topics

OPNFV TSC Meeting - need slot

Release Meeting

5 min

OPNFV Release Process

  • What does OPNFV WANT from the next Release?
  • Next Steps: finish this discussion at tech discuss on  
    • Continue Using Release meeting time slot to discuss the new Release PROCESS - key stakeholders should join.
    • Capture IMPROVEMENTS to proposed process
    • Release meetings will resume  


Need review at least for Marketing messages (possible vote) weeks in advance

10 min

OPNFV Project Reviews

  • Projects: TBD
    • ovn4nvf at future meeting
    • sampleVNF re-incarnates as RAPID?

Note: Request for project reviews to be scheduled, if not, archive on  :   yardstick, container4nfv, clover, bottlenecks, rocket, edgecloud

#Agree to Archive projects that have not reviewed or scheduled: yardstick, container4nfv, clover, bottlenecks, rocket, edgecloud

ACTION to schedule ovp4nvf and sampleVNF


yardstick and bottlenecks used in OVP, a small # of tests, but important need to send the message archived 


0 min

What more do we want from Program Management?

  • Contract PM support for limited time - potential elements:
    • Help create procedures/bridges to other communities (e.g. CNTT)
    • website cleanup: https://wiki.opnfv.org/x/jAFbAw
    • wiki cleanup - needs community participation
    • calendar/zoom audit and sync

10 min

CNTT Engagement  – Current Item

  • CNTT Future Operation Mode meetings have begun, with clear decision criteria and data-driven decision-making.
Need OPNFV Views on this, not so much like OS community to have RACI, "OPNFV" entry needs more detail, we need to work together better, maybe make OPNFV's version of this chart.
2 min

CNTT Engagement  – Future Work Items

  • Reference Infrastructure and Reference Conformance work with CNTT
    • Beyond CNTT's Terms of Reference (Scope), license issue is not a big risk for the amount of code in CNTT docs.
  • Review OPNFV's overall process to respond to CNTT Requirements
    • CNTT Requirements have been revised - Release was
    • Need revised assessment:
    • Test Identification
    • Ref Instantiation and automation of deployment and testing
    • Badging
  • TSC Review of Staffing Proposal to CNTT plus Field Trial Testing Plan and Staffing

    • CNTT discussions? other updates??
    • Input from OPNFV New Release Process meeting (virtual event,  ) 
      • Release plans can use template of project work items, duration and skills needed.
      • Negotiate between projects and requirement stakeholders - TSC facilitates
  • CIRV Mandate Review

    • Mark Beierl has looked at the Common Infrastructure Realization & Validation (CIRV) Home page and its mandate and believes that there is a disconnect between what the project started out doing and what it is currently doing.
    • TSC agreed there is as an opportunity to improve  
    • On  Weekly Tech Discussion Agenda
  • OPNFV 2.0 Actions: Work Progress Page and Agreements Capture Page
    • CNTT in OPNFV Update (Qiao Fu  )
      • CIRV Project relationship - Interactions on the basis of WIKI updates

2 min

Status Updates

Downtime needed: might not be able to login between 1700 and 2100 UTC


Outstanding Action Items

(above ??)

Meeting Minutes

Logistics

Virtual Event Planning

  • Cedric Ollivier asks if there is a TSC meeting slot
    • There is going to be a joint OPNFV/CNTT TSC call
    • OPNFV will continue with its existing TSC meeting
  • David McBride has added a submission for release process
    • There is also a proposed joint CNTT/OPNFV release session

OPNFV Release Process

  • Release meeting is restarting this week
  • Cedric Ollivier asks to review the release messaging and call for a vote two weeks in advance

OPNFV Project Reviews

  • After discussion, It was agreed that yardstick, container4nfv, clover, bottlenecks, rocket, edgecloud projects will be archived.
  • The meeting noted that yardstick and bottlenecks are used in OVP, in a small # of tests, but it is important need to send the message that they are not active, and archived 

CNTT Engagement  – Current Item: Future Mode of Operation

  • Cedric Ollivier notes that defining RACI is not a collaborative/open source way of doing things
  • Al Morton recommends continuing this via email (FYI having some new voices in the FMO meeting on was productive, meeting announcements sent to OPNFV-lists.)
  • Many OPNFV people spoke-up on this topic, registering concerns and agreement that OPNFV needs to have more voice.

LF IT/Infra update: (Aric Gardner, Trevor Bramwell)


Action items

  •