Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 

Attendees

Absent

Non TSC Attendees

David McBride


Agenda items

TimeItemsPresenterNotes
5 min

Meeting Logistics


5 min

Announcements

Does the TSC agree to start an Nomination period for the Vacated and unoccupied 2020-21 TSC Seats?

#agreed

15 min

OPNFV Release Process

  • Status
    • Requirements Work Group
      • determine the make-up of the JERMA Release
    • Project Release Template
    • Requirements JIRA Template
    • JERMA Release plan
    • Socializing release plan with projects
    • Using Release meeting to work the new process - key stakeholders should join

Partial list of issues discussed:

  1. Project Candidates: RI-2 Instantiation, VSPERF, Airship, Prox/SampleVNF, CIRV, would participate in Integration testing, need to talk about others.
  2. Can TSC create the Requirements SC or WG?  (Charter says YES)
  3. Is OPNFV Releasing a Conformance Test Suite? (traceability to CNTT) 
  4. Is this Process for the JERMA Release? (yes)
  5. Are the Definitions of Gates clear?
    1. Testing of the CNTT-selected RC Test Cases
    2.  projects must pass Gating (s 17)
    3. Gates need to be established, install without errors, simple functional tests, success of more advanced features and automated with X-testing
  6. Pre-requisites, include Integration TEST project (Morgan in ONAP), test what OPNFV delivers. OPNFV needs to Release and Support tests that are reliable.
    1. "Establish" items are the key steps for TSC: Requirements Vetting and Integration Test SCs



5 min

CNTT Engagement status updates

  • CNTT Future Mode of Operation - deadline is September for a recommendation to the Governance Board.

Scot Steele to provide feedback from LFN GB meeting

10 min

CNTT Engagement  – Future Work Items

  • OPNFV 2.0 on hold during CNTT FMO discussion
  • No update on staffing proposal
  • Field test - Orange is doing test (is good)
  • RI/RC conformance - no update
  • CNTT Requirements - engagement based on test cases
  • CIRV mandate review - can drop?
    • Yes, there does not appear to be any interest in CIRV so we can remove this from the agenda.


2 min

OVP Engagement status update

  • Performance testing discussion status update
  • VDTF Session on Performance testing with OVP 2.0 went well
  • Representation needed at bi-weekly OPV meeting - see notes page for more info
  • current page (same as above?)
2 min

OPNFV Project Reviews

  • Projects:
    • ovn4nvf at future meeting


10 min

Status Updates

5 min

Future Topics

  • Future Topic: new template for staffing task & requirement evaluation - similar to Intern projects Mark Beierl
  • Future Topic: Yardstick's future??  HA test cases.  Bottlenecks' Stress test spawns VMs till it breaks in OVP
  • Recording for the purpose of audio transcript only. Mark Beierl

  • new template concept is on hold while release process is being discussed

Outstanding Action Items

DescriptionAssigneeDate ReportedNotes

 


 



Minutes

Meeting Logistics

  • Due to low attendance over the past three meetings (10), quorum needs to be 6
  • Quorum reached
  • Minutes approved

Announcements

  • Cedric Ollivier has announced he will not renew his seat for the upcoming term
  • TSC has agreed to start nomination period

OPNFV Release Process

  • David presented wiki pages and overview
  • Trevor Cooper notes that there is still a disconnect between the original OPNFV datacenter installer view and the new release process.  The question still is what does OPNFV provide as artifacts
  • Mark Beierl suggests that with CNTT, OPNFV has the opportunity to use that as a way of defining the artifacts: Reference Impl (what used to be the installers) and Reference Cert (which is similar to what the Test WG used to talk about).  So the RI and RC combined pick versions of projects that fit the RI/RC suite and that is what creates the final release.  The requirements WG can suggest work items for projects, the projects can consume them and release on their own schedules, and then OPNFV major release can pull those together into a cohesive deliverable.


New Action items

  • Send email to PTLs about the Requirements Working Group