Non TSC Attendees
- Fall Technical Event - Not the same week as ONES!
- Start Oct 13 - 15th with less time each day
- Topic Submission Status????
- Volunteers to represent OPNFV in event:
- Lincoln Lavoie and Sridhar Rao will represent us
- Volunteer(s) needed to run the OPNFV Weekly Technical Discussion meetings: ASAP - rotating chairs, see right-hand column
- Docker image retention policy
- Weekly Tech Discuss IRC minutes
- The rate of Pulls may be the biggest problem,
- collect data for most active projects,
- inform TAC and LF IT to deal with this issue LFN-wide.
Tech Discuss meeting
- TAC Feedback on OPNFV Project Review
OPNFV Release Process
- Requirements Work Group using the Release meeting time
- THIS WEEK we focus on performance and telemetry requirements
- determine the make-up of the JERMA Release
- Need PTL Participation
- Key conclusions so far, regarding JERMA and CNTT Baldy
- Security requirements being revised (out of JERMA scope)
- Functional tests will refer to CNTT RC-1 for requirements
- Testing in other areas must reach past RC-1 to RA-1 in order to help CNTT stakeholders.
- Documentation: Jerma Requirements Working Group Assessment
- Overhauling OPNFV Docs Sofia Wallin
- Meeting Logistics
- Self-Release Naming: Use of OPNFV Release names in the future.
Partial list of issues discussed:
- Project Candidates: RI-2 Instantiation, VSPERF, Airship, Prox/SampleVNF, CIRV, would participate in Integration testing, need to talk about others.
- Are the Definitions of Gates clear?
- Testing of the CNTT-selected RC Test Cases
- projects must pass Gating (s 17)
- Gates need to be established, install without errors, simple functional tests, success of more advanced features and automated with X-testing
- Pre-requisites, include Integration TEST project (Morgan in ONAP), test what OPNFV delivers.
- OPNFV needs to Release and Support tests that are reliable.
- "Establish" items are the key steps for TSC: Requirements Vetting and Integration Test SCs
CNTT Engagement status updates
- Need to know requirements for coming year
- Marketing and HW buckets, CAPEX, LF Staffing
- SLIDES !! Like last year, increase or decrease, or just right!
- #agree ???
- Recording for the purpose of audio transcript only.
Samples from the VDTF OPNFV Project Overviews:
OVP Engagement status update
- Performance testing discussion status update
- RC-2 and OVP 2.0 discussions
- Performance terms adopted in terminology (no acceptance thresholds)
- VDTF Session on Performance testing with OVP 2.0 went well
- Representation needed at bi-weekly CVC meeting - see notes page for more info
- current page (same as above?)
- General acceptance at CVC meeting but need to prusue RC-2 adoption of latest text.
OPNFV Project Reviews
- ovn4nfv at future meeting
Trevor Cooper Project code being used in Akraino and another project. PTL not responding. Some interest in moving the repo to Akraino
Intern updates (Defer to )
- OPNFV Linux Foundation Lab (Portland) hardware upgrade status
- LF IT/Infra update: (Aric Gardner, Trevor Bramwell)
Gerrit upgrade on Thurs
- Future Topic: new template for staffing task & requirement evaluation - similar to Intern projects Mark Beierl
- Future Topic: Yardstick's future?? HA test cases. Bottlenecks' Stress test spawns VMs till it breaks in OVP
- new template concept is on hold
Outstanding Action Items
IRC Meeting Minutes
- Quorum reached
- Minutes Approved
- Sridhar Rao would like to give an update on completed internships
Docker image retention policy
TAC Feedback on OPNFV Project Review
- Status of projects / maintenance is of concern
- Ask is only for "More/Less/Same"
- Budget is approved
Recording for the purpose of audio transcript only
- Call for objections?
- No objections, meetings can be recorded for the month of September
- Proposal to post the audio and transcript at end of meeting, delete with the approval of the minutes in the week after
OVP Engagement Status
- Performance discussions continue
- Update to Gerrit needed, next Thursday proposed. Trevor Bramwellwill email list with info.
Meeting ended here due to time
IRC Meeting minutes