Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 

Attendees

Absent

Non TSC Attendees

  • Add as needed

Agenda items

TimeItemWhoNotes
5 min

Meeting Admin

As agreed on changes to the minutes may be executed on the Agenda wiki page, with the aid of audio and text transcript available for 1 week.

  • Mark and Al actually used the transcript this week to remember what the 10 minute marketing review was about.
5 min

Announcements

  • Fall Technical Event - Not the same week as ONES!
    • Start Oct 13 - 15th  with less time each day
    • Topic Submission Status - more OPNFV topics welcome!
      • Deadline:   - topic list now locked.
      • Beginning to schedule the meetings
    • Volunteers to represent OPNFV in event:
    • Lincoln Lavoie and Sridhar Rao will represent us
    • What does the OPNFV TSC want to do with the  TSC meeting?
  • Volunteer(s) needed to run the OPNFV Weekly Technical Discussion meetings: ASAP - rotating chairs, see right-hand column

Sept - Sridhar Rao

Oct - Emma Foley

Nov -

Dec -

10 min

Deepak can be declared as inactive committer.

Committer list needs to be updated and confirmed.

Remaining committers can nominate new PTL and hold vote.

In interest of time, can TSC #agree to appoint new SampleVNF acting PTL until election results are available?

10 min

OPNFV Release Process

  • Status
    • Requirements Work Group using the Release meeting time
      • JIRA RelMan Issues for each project are published
      • Mapping Release Requirement into JIRA
      • Jerma M1 scheduled for Sept 29
        • ~50% compliance on the M1 release management Jira issues
        • requirements working group needs to review requirements Jira issues
        • need to verify support for requirements Jira issues with projects
        • review requirements Jira issues with TSC and get approval
    • Key conclusions so far, regarding JERMA and CNTT Baldy
      • Security requirements being revised (out of JERMA scope)
      • Functional tests will refer to CNTT RC-1 for requirements
      • Testing in other areas must reach past RC-1 to RA-1 in order to help CNTT stakeholders.
      • Several OPNFV projects may help using current resources this time 
    • Documentation: Jerma Requirements Working Group Assessment
    • Meeting Logistics 
  • SampleVNF project would like to Join JERMA Release (DEFER to  )
    • PTL departure caused this missed deadline, require an acting PTL
      • Propose Luc Provoost
    • Can offer at least one RELREQ requirement, considerable development toward this goal in 2020.
    • #agree Waiver for LATE intent to join JERMA for SampleVNF

Partial list of issues discussed:

  1. Are the Definitions of Gates clear?
    1. Testing of the CNTT-selected RC Test Cases
    2.  projects must pass Gating (s 17)
    3. Gates need to be established, install without errors, simple functional tests, success of more advanced features and automated with X-testing
  2. Pre-requisites, include Integration TEST project (Morgan in ONAP), test what OPNFV delivers.
  3. OPNFV needs to Release and Support tests that are reliable.
    1. "Establish" items are the key steps for TSC: Requirements Vetting and Integration Test SCs



10 min

Brainstorming Project Highlights for OPNFV level input to Marketing

  • Discussion of content (for publication in various forms) to provide to Heather and Marketing with key OPNFV-level highlights in 3Q and 4Q

5 min

CNTT Engagement status updates

Marketing wiki for properties of melded organization: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/MZ/Branding+Whiteboard

5 min

OVP Engagement status update

  •  recent status update

5 min

Gitlab Pilot

  • Weekly place holder update

5 min
  • Yardstick, Where is it at?
    •  project terminated earlier this year, in absence of PTL or committers.
    • Some HA tests would help expand CNTT Conformance coverage
Mark Beierl
2 min

OPNFV Project Reviews

  • Projects:
    • ovn4nfv at future meeting

Trevor Cooper Project code being used in Akraino and another project. PTL not responding. Some interest in moving the repo to Akraino

Start new review round at Virtual Technical Meetings, 10 minute talks:  sign-up now!

 

5 min

Status Updates

  • OPNFV Linux Foundation Lab (Portland) hardware upgrade status
  • LF IT/Infra update: (Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell)



Future Topics

  • Future Topic: new template for staffing task & requirement evaluation - similar to Intern projects Mark Beierl
  • Bottlenecks' Stress test spawns VMs till it breaks in OVP
  • TSC Eligibility post-Meld

  • new template concept is on hold


Outstanding Action Items

  • Contact Srinivasa Addepalli on getting a attendee to OPNFV TSC to discuss ovn4nfv status and possible move to Akraino


IRC Meeting Minutes

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2020/opnfv_tsc_09_29_20/opnfv-meeting-opnfv_tsc_09_29_20.2020-09-29-13.06.html

Minutes

Meeting Admin

  • Quorum reached
  • Minutes approved

Announcements

  • Start time for fall event is 4:00 am PDT.
  • There is a board event later this week for those interested.

Yardstick

  • Georg reviewed HA test cases and mentions it is very difficult to test HA
  • Recommend a layer of abstraction to force changes in the environment
  • Al recounted the thresholds were also problematic
  • Lincoln recommends approaching from a 'real world' perspective and examine what typically fails and how can we replicate that.  Example - internet failure = switch port goes down
  • Mark's summary: we need both the tests and a framework to cause the failures to happen.  Yardstick had both test cases and framework, so we need to decide our future with CNTT
  • Al proposes this be jointly taken up with CNTT



Minutes

  • Transcribe here with highlights from the Discussion Items

Action items

  • Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date