Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

 

Attendees

Absent

Non TSC Attendees

  • Add as needed

Agenda items

TimeItemWhoNotes
5 min

Meeting Admin

As agreed on changes to the minutes may be executed on the Agenda wiki page, with the aid of audio and text transcript available for 1 week.

5 min

Announcements

  • Fall Technical Event - On-going!
  • Volunteer(s) needed to run the OPNFV Weekly Technical Discussion meetings: ASAP - rotating chairs, see right-hand column

Sept - Sridhar Rao

Oct - Emma Foley

Nov - ????

Dec - Lincoln Lavoie

10 min

OPNFV JERMA Release

  • Status
  • Sophia - Plan for Documentation of Jerma Release
    • #agree on New Outline for Docs (link to slides)
    • Volunteers Needed to review and update Documentation Templates for JERMA - 2 or 3 people needed.
  • RELREQ-13 Storage Requirements
    • Level of some RA-1 Requirements needs clarification
    • Baldy Release is/was Target for JERMA RWG vetting
    • M1 has passed -
    • Ceph in Airship? (yes) 
    • Main sticking point is remote  for req req.inf.stg.01
    • OPNFV has never included Object Storage before req.inf.stg.02 (Swift)
    • #agree: Updates: clarifications to RWG Table for  RELREQ-13
  • Meeting Logistics 

Partial list of issues discussed:

  1. Are the Definitions of Gates clear?
    1. Testing of the CNTT-selected RC Test Cases
    2.  projects must pass Gating (s 17)
    3. Gates need to be established, install without errors, simple functional tests, success of more advanced features and automated with X-testing
  2. Pre-requisites, include Integration TEST project (Morgan in ONAP), test what OPNFV delivers.
  3. OPNFV needs to Release and Support tests that are reliable.
    1. "Establish" items are the key steps for TSC: Requirements Vetting and Integration Test SCs
  4. Documentation: Jerma Requirements Working Group Assessment


2 min
  • One slide for OPNFV at the GB meeting on  

OPNFV Priority Activities

  • Meld OPNFV and CNTT
    • Work with the meld teams to achieve smooth transition
    • Converge tool chains as/when appropriate
    • Refresh all outward facing content (wiki, web pages, branding)
  • JERMA Release: Dec 2020
  • Examine what we deliver: some refocus opportunities likely
  • Carefully refresh tools (2021): (modern tool chains, hosting, labs)
  • Align OVP programs and badging with Cloud Native and merged branding
  • Serve and grow the community 
0 min

DEFER to Oct 20 Brainstorming Project Highlights for OPNFV level input to Marketing

  • Discussion of content (for publication in various forms) to provide to Heather and Marketing with key OPNFV-level highlights in 3Q and 4Q

5 min

CNTT Engagement status updates

  • CNTT Merger and Meld
    • Release Naming - CNTT in 2021?
    • Converged work-flow or Tool change: what do we recommend?

Marketing wiki for properties of melded organization: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/MZ/Branding+Whiteboard

5 min

OVP Engagement status update

  •  recent status update

0 min

Gitlab Pilot

  • Weekly place holder update   - no update this week, but more next week!

0 min

1 min

OPNFV Project Reviews

  • SampleVNF Reorganizing:  Future Review!

Start new review round at Virtual Technical Meetings, 10 minute talks:  sign-up now!

 

5 min

Status Updates

  • OPNFV Linux Foundation Lab (Portland) hardware upgrade status
  • LF IT/Infra update: (Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell)



Future Topics

  • Future Topic: new template for staffing task & requirement evaluation - similar to Intern projects Mark Beierl
  • Bottlenecks' Stress test spawns VMs till it breaks in OVP
  • What to do with GitLab feedback?

  • new template concept is on hold


Outstanding Action Items

  • Contact Srinivasa Addepalli on getting a attendee to OPNFV TSC to discuss ovn4nfv status and possible move to Akraino


IRC Meeting Minutes

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2020/opnfv_tsc_2020_10_13/opnfv-meeting-opnfv_tsc_2020_10_13.2020-10-13-13.02.html

Minutes

Meeting Admin

  • Quorum reached
  • Minutes have been approved

OPNFV JERMA Release

OPNFV at the GB meeting

  • Al presents the priority activities
  • Al calls for feedback
  • #agree on OPNFV activities as listed in the agenda

OVP Engagement Status

Status Updates

  • No IT update


Action items

  •