Non TSC Attendees
As agreed on changes to the minutes may be executed on the Agenda wiki page, with the aid of audio and text transcript available for 1 week.
Weekly Technical Meeting Hosts:
Sept - Sridhar Rao Thanks!
Oct - Emma Foley Thanks!
Nov - Georg Kunz
Dec - Lincoln Lavoie
OPNFV JERMA Release
- Mapping Release Requirements into JIRA
- Jerma M2 scheduled for Oct 27
- Functional freeze - Readiness Review - Closing high priority bugs
- Preliminary Documentation Available
- Document significant accomplishments - Defer to RC0 (?)
- Release Management Tasks for M2 - means updating JIRA TICKETS!
- Establish Integration Test Team
- Members from Installer and Test Projects
- Issues as of now
- Self-Release projects, as described in the OPNFV JERMA Release process:
- What does the TSC expect of these projects?
- In the past, when projects did not participate in the OPNFV Release, their documentation was not included in the Release Artifacts.
- Requirements "manifest" for the Release (what is included).
- Meeting Logistics
Partial list of issues discussed:
- Are the Definitions of Gates clear?
- Testing of the CNTT-selected RC Test Cases
- projects must pass Gating (s 17)
- Gates need to be established, install without errors, simple functional tests, success of more advanced features and automated with X-testing
- Pre-requisites, include Integration TEST project (Morgan in ONAP), test what OPNFV delivers.
- OPNFV needs to Release and Support tests that are reliable.
- "Establish" items are the key steps for TSC: Requirements Vetting and Integration Test SCs
- Documentation: Jerma Requirements Working Group Assessment
- Sophia - Plan for Documentation of Jerma Release
- Volunteers Needed to review and update Documentation Templates for JERMA - 2 or 3 people needed.
GB Meeting on Oct 21:
Note: Al Morton & Mark Beierl could not attend the project review as scheduled.
Anuket Announcement and Brainstorming Project Highlights for OPNFV level input to Marketing
- Discussion of content (for publication in various forms) to provide to Marketing with key OPNFV-level highlights in 3Q and 4Q
CNTT Engagement status updates
- CNTT Merger and Meld
- Converged work-flow or Tool change: what do we recommend?
- Release Naming - CNTT in 2021?
- What is planned by the R* work streams?
- Long live Anuket!
- Joint 2 hour session between Meld-ORG and Meld-OPS teams
OVP Engagement status update
- Weekly place holder update - Need direction.
- What is the output from investigations, that can help us make a decision for/in 2021?
- Built-in Security Scanning of project code, are we interested?
- Mark will enroll in evaluation program
- Reminder that LF staff will help with script migrations
- What to do about "old" patches?
- Kuberef talk at Technical event
- Gitlab wants to support us, wants the transition to be successful.
- Gitlab wants to end with a joint blog on the process => engage marketing.
Notes from StorPerf migration: GitLab and StorPerf
Evaluation tracker: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/271347
OPNFV Project Reviews
- SampleVNF Reorganizing: Future Review!
- OPNFV Linux Foundation Lab (Portland) hardware upgrade status
- LF IT/Infra update: (Aric Gardner, Trevor Bramwell)
- Future Topic: new template for staffing task & requirement evaluation - similar to Intern projects Mark Beierl
- Bottlenecks' Stress test spawns VMs till it breaks in OVP
- What to do with GitLab feedback?
- new template concept is on hold
Outstanding Action Items
IRC Meeting Minutes
- Quorum reached
- Minutes approved
- VSPERF needs options for OpenStack installation
- Airship has had some issues with the pods
- Georg Kunz mentioned MicroStack from the OIS keynote
- Mark Beierl volunteers to help if anyone wants to trial MicroStack
- Al Morton calls for #agree to M2 with some documentation waivers
- No objections
- Mark Beierl reached out to Nuritzi and confirmed the issue tracker is a good place to even ask questions if we are unsure about things
- "What to do with GitLab Feedback" - topic for weekly tech call with Georg Kunzas host
Thanks Mark Beierl for the notes!
- Al Mortoncontact AIRSHIP hierarchy for LasS related info/template.