As agreed on changes to the minutes may be executed on the Agenda wiki page, with the aid of audio and text transcript available for 1 week.
- Interim TSC Election
- Interim TSC Calendar Election calendar
- Close period for proposing exemptions to the electorate
- Begin Election of 8 Interim Anuket TSC members from current OPNFV TSC
- NEXT vDev and Test Event Feb 1-4, 2021
Weekly Technical Meeting Hosts:
Sept - Sridhar Rao Thanks!
Oct - Emma Foley Thanks!
Nov - Georg Kunz
Dec - Lincoln Lavoie
OPNFV JERMA Release
- Monday Tech Discuss on Anuket Release Artifacts
- Portrayal of Reference Implementation (discussion):
- Full RI comes AFTER Meld is complete? See artifact discussion
- How do we characterize the JERMA Release Test Suite?
- OPNFV provides the building-blocks (tests) for CNTT's RC.
- Repeatable, consumable, stable.
- Hand-off OPNFV-JERMA to RC activities and OVP badging (not the same)
- Main goal OPNFV-JERMA is to work-out Release processes and Release testing, then hand-off to others.
- More specifically, is JERMA an RC Tech Preview? Prototype? Beta? Experimental?
- JERMA is the most comprehensive set of tests aligned to the CNTT RA-1 and RC-1.
- NEED to follow OPNFV-JERMA Release with RC-1 Baldy, add new tests in the 'how to run the RC-1 tests' instructions (Baldy RC-1 point release is THE RC).
- CNTT determines the definition of Compliance (test cases in RC).
- Does the TSC agree that Jerma is a release of OPNFV project which can be consumed by CNTT to form the RC and RI?
- Where does AIRSHIP stand with respect to CNTT RI ??
- How is AIRSHIP Gated/evaluated as part of the JERMA Release?
- Does the AIRSHIP Release Gate require RC-conformance == CNTT RI ?
- Or, Is the JERMA Release of AIRSHIP self-gating?
- Or, is No RI delivered in JERMA - RI not defined - AIRSHIP is an RI Technical Preview only.
- FINAL JERMA RELEASE GATE:
- Does the TSC agree that JERMA is a release of OPNFV projects which can be consumed to form the BALDY RC and/or RI?
- or do we mean to say that OPNFV JERMA IS The RC and the RI ??
- Mapping Release Requirements into JIRA
- Jerma Release Candidate RC0 scheduled for Nov 10
- Release Management task compliance ~ 61%
- Waiting on Doctor, Airship, Barometer
- Release Management Tasks for Release Candidate 0
- Making sure code is ready for Integration testing
- Close any new High priority bugs
- Completion of the testing in the test plan cited in the Project release plan (previous documentation)
- CIRV, AIRSHIP, VSPERF, SampleVNF: contribution to Infrastructure and Integration testing.
- Gate for RC Tests: Tests in the suite to be deployed automatically, Run to Completion, and produce results
- Gate for Reference Infrastructure (AIRSHIP and or Kuberef): ? TBD
- Documentation: for ALL projects, including Self-Release projects
- Establish Integration Test Team
- Members from Installer and Test Projects
- Issues as of now
- Self-Release projects, as described in the OPNFV JERMA Release process:
- What does the TSC expect of these projects?
- In the past, when projects did not participate in the OPNFV Release, their documentation was not included in the Release Artifacts.
- Requirements "manifest" for the Release (what is included).
- Meeting Logistics
Partial list of issues discussed:
- Are the Definitions of Gates clear?
- Testing of the CNTT-selected RC Test Cases
- projects must pass Gating (s 17)
- Gates need to be established, install without errors, simple functional tests, success of more advanced features and automated with X-testing
- Pre-requisites, include Integration TEST project (Morgan in ONAP), test what OPNFV delivers.
- OPNFV needs to Release and Support tests that are reliable.
- "Establish" items are the key steps for TSC: Requirements Vetting and Integration Test SCs
- Documentation: Jerma Requirements Working Group Assessment
- Sophia - Plan for Documentation of Jerma Release
- Volunteers Needed to review and update Documentation Templates for JERMA - 2 or 3 people needed. - No longer needed ???
MELD Topics and status updates
- CNTT Merger and Meld
- Converged work-flow or Tool chain: what do we recommend?
- Release Naming - in 2021?
- Defer to MELD-ORG or Interim TSC: naming can remain independent.
- Long live Anuket!
- Joint 2 hour session between Meld-ORG and Meld-OPS teams
- TSC Diagram
- Release Artifacts for Anuket
- Interim TSC Calendar Election calendar
OVP Engagement status update
- Weekly place holder update
- Highlights from Georg Kunz 's Kuberef talk at Technical event
Notes from StorPerf migration: GitLab and StorPerf
Evaluation tracker: https://gitlab.com/gitlab-org/gitlab/-/issues/271347
OPNFV Project Reviews
- SampleVNF Reorganizing: Future Review!
- OPNFV Linux Foundation Lab (Portland) hardware upgrade status
- LF IT/Infra update: (Aric Gardner, Trevor Bramwell)
- Future Topic: new template for staffing task & requirement evaluation - similar to Intern projects Mark Beierl
- new template concept is on hold