Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Archives: 2018/2017/2016/2015/2014

Technical Steering Committee

Welcome to the OPNFV TSC page.

Information and materials relevant to the TSC are kept here, for information regarding OPNFV projects and releases please refer to those pages.

TSC Meetings

Logistics

When (Normally): 6:00am - 7:00am Pacific Time (13:00-14:00 UTC 14:00-15:00 UTC Find your local time).

May 28, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
    • Update to minutes made per request from Bin Hu
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Reschedule Hunter 
      • Push Hunter 8.1 out two weeks to June 28 to avoid overlap with Plugfest
      • Cancel Hunter 8.2
    • New release process status
      • Weekly community technical discussion
    • Iruya release alignment with CNTT
      • Guidance to the community.
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest update
    • Announcement on mailing list
    • Location and date
      • June 11 - 14
      • Kista Convention Center (Kistamässan), Stockholm, Sweden
    • Registration page is live.
    • Planning meeting on Fridays at 6 a.m. Pacific.  
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review) Frank Brockners
    • List of suggested tasks (sub-tasks of TSC-31):  TSC-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Call logistics (Zoom):

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/716473820

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,716473820# or +16699006833,,716473820# 
Or Telephone:
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): 
        US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 716 473 820
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/lWBuQ5ii

IRC irc.freenode.net

May 21, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • LFN Board Meeting 
  • New WG Proposal Review and Approval
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Reschedule Hunter 
      • Push Hunter 8.1 out two weeks to June 28 to avoid overlap with Plugfest
      • Cancel Hunter 8.2
    • New release process status
      • Weekly community technical discussion
    • Iruya release alignment with CNTT
      • Guidance to the community.
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest update
    • Announcement on mailing list
    • Location and date
      • June 11 - 14
      • Kista Convention Center (Kistamässan), Stockholm, Sweden
    • Registration page is live.
    • Planning meeting on Fridays at 6 a.m. Pacific.  
  • Readout on CNTT meeting Heather Kirksey
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review) Frank Brockners
    • List of suggested tasks (sub-tasks of TSC-31):  TSC-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Chair report
    • Update on LFN Board meeting 
      • Bin Hu refers to message sent to mailing list 
      • Discussion about update to project lifecycle
      • Strategic planning committee proposal
      • SPC approve by LFN board 
      • Bin Hu says that SPC is advisory
      • Bin Hu shares slide deck regarding SPC (see attachment to message linked above)
      • Frank Brockners and Jack Morgan suggest that OPNFV representative to SPC should be someone other than TAC rep, due to significant time commitment 
      • How should we select a rep to the SPC? 
      • Jack Morgan suggests self-nominations, followed by a vote 
      • If we have a single nomination, then that person will be designated as the rep 
      • One person may nominate another if that person agrees
      • Nominees must be a TSC member 
      • Heather describes purpose of SPC 
      • David McBride to send request for nominations to the mailing list Update on LFN Board meeting
  • Closed Loop Automation Working Group proposal
    • David McBride notes that this WG proposal has been discussed at meeting prior to ONS, as well as weekly tech discussion 
    • sunku ranganath presents slide deck overview 
    • Catherine indicated that slide#5 is being worked on in ONAP already 
    • Catherine Lefevre (ONAP TSC Chair) asks about alignment within ONAP 
    • Sunku clarified that the intention is to be complementary, and he already communicated with ONAP WGs / projects 
    • Frank Brockners asked what is the expected output, code or forum? 
    • Sunku clarified that the work could be done in projects, such as Doctor, Bottleneck projects 
    • WG work include use case, gap analysis etc. 
    • So it is purely a WG, and work in projects
    • The TSC approves the new closed loop automation working group
  • CNTT Meeting Report from Heather
    • Status of service providers 
    • Agreed to rough timeline
    • Draft document (model) available for feedback toward the end of June 
    • f2f desired in late July
    • CNTT would like to have consensus by the time that ONS EU occurs (Sept 23)
    • LF and GSMA developing agreement to work together 
    • Frank Brocknersasks about timeline for project proposal 
    • Heather says that proposal may come out of f2f workshop in July
    • Bin Hu Bin says that there will be one or more technical proposals that prepare the technology, e.g. YAML, for implementing CNTT/GSMA specs soon, prior to the F2F workshop in July
    • Frank Brockners asks about Iruya schedule 
    • David McBride shares slides from slide deck regarding Iruya release last week (dmcbride, 13:58:03)
    • Bin Hu proposes aligning Iruya with CNTT deliverables 
  • Review of meeting notes
    • David McBride asks if anyone has any concerns about the meeting notes - no response 
    • David McBride invites TSC to contact him during the weeks if there are any issues with the notes

May 14, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No chair report this week
  • Marketing Update Brandon Wick
    • OPNFV / Hunter messaging
    • Kubecon Europe
  • Auto project termination proposal David McBride Tina Tsou
    • termination proposal
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of the proposal to terminate the Auto project? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Hunter download page goes live today
    • Iruya release decision timetable
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest update
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review) Frank Brockners
    • List of suggested tasks (sub-tasks of TSC-31):  TSC-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Marketing Update
    • Brandon Wick shares a slide deck
    • Heather is at CNTT meeting in Barcelona this week. Will get readout to the TSC in the coming weeks. 
    • Brandon invites community to the monthly MWG meeting on May 16.
    • Need volunteers for LFN booth at Kubecon Europe. Please sign up by May 16. Marketing update 
  • Termination proposal for the Auto project
    • Tina Tsou reviews the termination proposal with the TSC.
    • The TSC approves the proposal to terminate the Auto project.
  • Release update
    • David McBride says that the Hunter download page goes live today.
    • Hunter 8.1 is scheduled for June 14. May need to move due to overlap with Plugfest. Will come back to TSC with proposal. 
    • David McBridepresentation on issues affecting Iruya release planning and TSC decision points.

May 7, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest update
  • Release update: David McBride
    • MS8 - end of formal testing - May 7
    • MS9 - finalize documentation - May 8
    • MS10 - cleanup JIRA - May 9
    • MS11 - tag for initial release - May 10
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of proceeding with the Hunter release as planned? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review) Frank Brockners
    • List of suggested tasks (sub-tasks of TSC-31):  TSC-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Chair report
    • Followup on Bin Hu AI from last week regarding decision process for plugfest
    • Bin Hu presents slides regarding strategy discussion
      • Need to identify deliverables as part of strategy discussion 
      • Need to identify top priorities 
      • Bin Hu proposes that the TSC agree to the priorities presented 
      • Frank Brockners suggests waiting until we have the project proposal for GSMA interaction
  • Plugfest update
    • Jack Morgan asks about the goal of raising the issue about the planning process for plugfest 
    • Bin Hu says that the goal is to ensure that OPNFV has the option in the future to have an independent event 
    • Discussion about plugfest planning
    • Jack Morgan says that we need Plugfest planning meeting - perhaps next weekly tech discuss meeting? 
    • Added TSC-46 - Getting issue details... STATUS to capture the need for plugfest planning as part of the OPNFV PM tasks
  • Release update 
    • David McBride to summarize status to the mailing list 
    • Need a vote by Thursday, May 9 
  • AoB 
    • TSC would like an update on the marketing message for Hunter 
    • David McBride to coordinate with Brandon to present next week 
    • frankbrockners and bh526r emphasize that TSC must approve marketing message before it's released 


April 30, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • Bin is at the OpenStack Summit in Denver.  Happy to meet with any OPNFV members who are also attending.
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest
    • New name that recognizes wider involvement across LFN.
    • Location and date
      • June 11 - 14
      • Kista Convention Center (Kistamässan), Stockholm, Sweden
    • Encourage remote connections vs. onsite hardware.
      • We have a limited number of suitable sites and requiring hosts to support onsite hardware reduces the number of available locations and the effort of the host.
      • We will still set aside a separate room for plugfest participants.
      • Projects may still bring hardware to plugfests if they wish, but they must make their own arrangements with the host and support is not guaranteed.
    • Winter plugfest
      • ONAP would like to move the next LFN DDF and Plugfest after the June event to Feb/Mar 2020 due to a change in release cadence.
  • License scans
    • Projects will be contacted  by Steve Winslow regarding license scan issues.
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review) Frank Brockners
    • List of suggested tasks (sub-tasks of TSC-31):  TSC-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Release update: David McBride
    • MS8 - end of formal testing - May 7
    • MS9 - finalize documentation - May 8
    • MS10 - cleanup JIRA - May 9
    • MS11 - tag for initial release - May 10
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
    • Note:  it seemed that Cedric Ollivierhad an issue with the minutes, due to an email that he sent prior to the meeting; however, he later clarified that his issue was not the minutes, themselves, but a topic referred to in the minutes. 
  • Chair report 
    • Bin is at OS Summit this week and invites members to connect with him if they're available.
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest 
    • David McBride says that LFN is encouraging attendees to use remote connections, rather than bringing hardware to the site, as in the past.
      • LFN will no longer vet host sites based on their ability to support hardware.
      • Plugfest participants will be provided with a dedicated room
      • Attendees may still bring hardware if they wish, but they must make arrangements directly with the site host and there is no guarantee that the hardware will be supported.
    • Kenny Paul says that the reg page should be available today.
    • The winter event may be pushed out to Feb/March 2020, instead of Dec/Jan, as usual. The TSC will need to decide whether to participate.
    • Frank Brockners  asks whether OPNFV could align its release cadence with ONAP, in order to have a release available for a Feb/Mar plugfest. David McBridesays that it's possible.
    • Jack Morgan asks whether we have a location lined up for the next event. Kenny says that there is ongoing activity to find a location, but no location has been identified, yet. 
    • Bin Hu will send message to TAC and ask TAC's Board Representative regarding:
      • the decision process of having a LFN PlugFest, i.e. whether or not it needs each TSC's approval according to Governance model
      • Individual Project's needs to have its own PlugFest that is critical to achieve its strategic priority
      • The "decision process" question was raised by Jack Morgan
  • License scanning 
    • David McBride informs the TSC that Steve Winslow is taking over the process of contacting projects regarding license scan issues, so project leads should be sure to review his emails, either directly, or to the opnfv-leads mailing list.
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review)
    • David McBride will organize TSC-31 by sub-task prioritization to help the TSC visualize the PM task list
    • TSC approves the task list (TSC-31), but may require further revision
    • Bin Hu will send a message to LFN regarding ownership of OVP PM, and related budget
  • AoB
    • Cedric Ollivier: Python2 ends next 1rt January. As Functest is 8 month in advance regarding OPNFV releases, Functest can safely switch to python3.

April 23, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No chair report this week
  • Common NFVi update (CNTT / GSMA representatives)
  • Release update: David McBride
    • MS8 - end of formal testing - May 7
    • MS9 - finalize documentation - May 8
    • MS10 - cleanup JIRA - May 9
    • MS11 - tag for initial release - May 10
  • Standing Items if time permits:

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes 
    • No comments, minutes approved for the past two meetings.
    • CNTT/GSMA Representative:
      • Rabi (Vodafone),
      • Vincent (Orange) and
      • Jonathan (AT&T) 
    • Rabi introduced himself and Jonathan and started to present 
    • Rabi started with Problem Statement
    • Rabi indicated that GSMA is defining a standard 
      • i.e. NFVi abstraction and profiling 
    • Frank Brockners asked "Is there an example available that shows how a SW profile looks like?" 
      • Rabi gave an example, e.g. service chaining with NSH 
      • Rabi said it is human-readable configuration 
    • Rabi also introduced Roadmap of defining this standard, e.g. getting input from CNTT to GSMA PRD, and also feedback from OPNFV 
    • Then Rabi described the GAP of consuming the standard of Common NFVi 
      • i.e. No place in industry of implementing the reference implementation of common NFVi models, and profiles are needed 
      • Vincent added that this is ongoing work 
    • Jonathan continued introduction of VNF Certification Lifecycle, in particular about Verification on NFVi without MANO 
    • Jonathan explained CNTT group (Common NFVi Telco Task Force) 
    • Jonathan says that program is MANO agnostic 
    • Trevor Cooper asked how Task Force is a formal group, i.e. how does it operate 
      • Mark Cottrell answered that Task Force intends to be short-lived. It stands up with common standards with GSMA, continues improvement with work of GSMA and OPNFV, give updates to OPNFV, e.g. OVP ecosystem. Ultimately, Task Force will become operational within OPNFV 
      • Trevor said then feedback will go away 
      • Mark C clarified that TF may become part of OPNFV. Feedback will still be there 
    • Rabi added that TF intends to accelerate industry work 
    • Jack Morgan asked if the ask of "project" is an OPNFV project or LFN project 
      • Jonathan clarified that it would be an OPNFV project, however collaboration can work out
    • The real key is the sponsorship 
    • Mark C added that the real key, as Rabi indicated, is to accelerate the industry 
    • Jonathan added that we become OPNFV can become the Gold Standard of common NFVi, that is the ultimate goal
    • Rabi said that OVP has huge potential. In order to make it successful, we believe that we need right tooling. By having OPNFV to look into the RI of NFVi, it will help OVP. 
    • Jack Morgan suggested we may need deep technical discussion in Weekly Technical Discussion
    • David McBride  asked how to start new project? what is the plan? Will CNTT write a proposal? Staffing? 
      • Mark C clarified that we may need more discussion on that, e.g. resources. 
    • CNTT will meet in Barcelona to work out more details.
    • The reality is that we cannot do it all by ourselves, and we need support from community and LFN 
    • The combination of both operators (e.g. Vodafone, Orange, AT&T) and OPNFV community resources 
    • Rabi added that e.g. FuncTest project, plus performance testing etc. 
    • A combination of what OPNFV is working on today (testing), plus a new structure if needed 
    • David McBride suggested that CNTT puts together a proposal of new project for TSC approval 
    • Jack Morgan added that his suggestion is to help CNTT by detailed discussion in weekly technical discussion, and help CNTT to work out and polish a new project proposal for TSC approval 
    • Bin Hu summarized that based on discussion and suggestion, the path include: 
      • CNTT continues to work out first draft of common NFVi model 
      • OPNFV and CNTT collaborate for detailed technical discussion in weekly technical meeting 
      •  OPNFV and CNTT collaborate to work out new project proposal for TSC approval Common NFVi Update 
    • Release update 
      • David McBride gave an update of Hunter release 
      • David McBride will bring new release process proposal to weekly technical discussion 
  • TSC focus areas (dmcbride_, 13:55:39)
  • AoB 
    • Jack Morgan asks Bin about how to propose items for the weekly tech discuss meeting 
    • Bin Hu says that agenda items may be emailed to him, or the tech discuss meeting wiki may be updated directly

April 16, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes 
    • No comments, minutes approved for the past two meetings.
  • OVP strategic vision 
  • Hunter release key points for Amar
    • David McBride asks PTLs to respond to Amar's email with key points about their projects for the Hunter release
  • CFP for Kubecon 
  • IT/Infra update 
    • Trevor Bramwell says that IT had to restart Jenkins 
    • Applied security update to Confluence 
    • ARM POD issue is being addressed. See email thread for details. 
    • Al Morton says let's sort out that Tech Discuss announcement for next week

April 9, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes 
    • No comments, minutes approved for the past two meetings.
  • Chair report
    • Readout from April 2 developer gathering at Intel
    • Minutes 
  • Marketing update 
    • Brandon Wickshares slide deck 
    • David McBride to add events in slide deck to OPNFV community events page 
    • Call for participation in VCO demo 
    • Trevor Cooperasks whether we could have a representative from VCO give an overview to the TSC.
    • Brandon Wick offers to put a slide deck together and come back to the TSC with a presentation on VCO.
  • Creating a common telco NFVi
    • Common NFVi Telecom Task Force presentation
    • Jack Morgan says that this discussion would be better in the weekly tech discussion meeting 
    • Trevor Cooper points out that this initiative has strategic implications and is therefore appropriate for the TSC 
    • David McBride suggests continuing a high level discussion in the TSC, but reserving technical details for the tech discuss meeting. Will confer with Bin to determine a solution.

April 2, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes 
    • Due to a lack of quorum, approval of minutes is deferred until next week.
  • Chair report 
    • Bin Hu reminds the TSC of the developer gathering at Intel today, 9 - 5, followed by dinner onsite.
  • Focus area / tasks for LF PM / RM 
    • TSC-19 - Frank Brockners  suggests developing and presenting a release process proposal to the TSC for discussion 
      • David McBride points out that community involvement has been lacking.
      • Jack Morgan says that the release process should not necessarily be driving by LF. Better to be driven by the community.
      • Jack Morgan suggests presenting proposal to the weekly community tech discuss meeting, gaining consensus, followed by presentation to the TSC.
      • Bin Hu suggests syncing on Friday to decide on timing for presentation
    • Multiple JIRA issues task the PM to setup meetups at various events (ONS, Kubecon, etc.).
      • David McBride points out that there is no budget to support those meetups.
      • Frank Brockners says that if the meetup is hosted by a community member organization, with no registration or other administration, and attendees pay for their own meals, then there should be no cost, other than the effort of the PM.
      • David McBride to confer with Phil and get back to the TSC.
    • David McBride to identify PM tasks in JIRA that have not yet been identified
  • Release update 
    • MS7 - branch was on Friday, March 29 
  • IT/Infra update
  • AI review (dmcbride, 13:59:46)
    • David McBride asks TSC members to review proposed updates to TSC procedures document, regarding guidelines for proxies, that are documented in TSC-18, which will be discussed and voted on at a future TSC meeting. 

Mar 26, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes 
  • Chair report 
  • Ad hoc election status
    • David McBride says that nominations close today 
    • It appears likely that we will have just one nominee 
    • The TSC agrees to proceed with an election with one nominee, along with an option to vote "no confidence" 
  • Intern selection process 
    • Two projects have been approved and the mentors have been notified
    • Qiao Fu asks about the duration of the internship (4 - 6 months possible?) 
      • David McBride to check with Min and respond to Qiao Fu with an answer 
  • Promise project termination proposal 
    • The TSC approves the proposal to terminate the Promise project.
  • PM task documentation and prioritization 
    • Frank Brockners suggests using JIRA to document tasks, followed by a review and prioritization by the full TSC. Wants to avoid a separate working group.
    • Frank Brockners proposes that community members add tasks to JIRA then review next week
    • David McBride to send email to community soliciting JIRA issues to document PM and RM tasks 
  • Release update 
    • MS7 - this Friday, March 29 
  • IT/Infra update 
  • AI review 
    • Jack Morgan asks for a report on status of TSC-14 
    • Manuel Buil has commented on the OPX induction. Since the comment has not been resolved, then Bin Hu will abstain
    • it seems that there was a misunderstanding of Manuel's opinion. Manuel Buil is satisfied with the response that he received. Bin Hu will send an email to the TSC explaining the situation and requesting additional input.

Mar 19, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes (Feb 26, Mar 5, and Mar 12)
    • Feb 26 minutes were not posted when minutes were approved at Mar 5 meeting.
    • March 5 minutes were not approved due to lack of quorum at March 12 meeting.
  • Agenda bashing
  • PM Status Phil Robb
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • Induction review for OPX.
  • Replacement of Emma Foleyon TSC
    • Announcement
    • TSC may keep the seat vacant until the next election, or hold an ad hoc election.
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of an ad hoc election to fill the vacant seat? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Promise project termination proposal David McBrideGerald Kunzmann
    • termination proposal
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of the proposal to terminate the Promise project? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Community Election Schedule
    • Proposed schedule
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of reducing the current TSC term by approximately 2 months in order to avoid overlapping with budget discussions? (+1, 0, -1)"
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of the proposed schedule for community elections (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Release update: David McBride
    • MS6 - Preliminary Documentation - March 15
    • MS7 - stable branch - March 29
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
    • Infra Evolution / TAC Infra WG meeting summary
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes (Feb 26, Mar 5, Mar 12)
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • PM role
    • Phil Robb reviews status of PM/RM position in OPNFV and ONAP
    • Phil says that we have 3 PMs for 4 roles 
    • Phil asks for a list of high priority tasks for PM and RM in OPNFV 
    • Phil says that more tasks should be taken on by the community 
    • Frank Brockners OPNFV does not have a PM since Jun/23/2018, which is the day when Ray Paik left LF.
    • Frank Brockners By the end of 2018, ONAP was in need of a release manager, after a community member stopped serving as release manager.
    • Frank Brockners As part of the budget process with the LFN board, OPNFV has an allocation for 1 PM and 0.5 release manager. Per the board decision to reduce expenses, the LFN board decided to share the release manager between OPNFV and ONAP.
    • Frank Brockners Given that the ONAP community could not find a new release manager within the community, Phil Robb decided to dedicate Jim Baker to ONAP as release manager. Jim Baker started in January 2019 and is serving ONAP as a release manager as well as the OVP program since then.
  • Induction review for OPX 
    • OPX Project Data Submission 
    • Bin Hu says that OPX induction was discussed at the TAC meeting last week
    • Bin Hu says that the vote will begin this week or next. Voting will be by email.
    • Jack Morgan asks about discussing the detail of the induction review in the weekly technical discussion 
    • Bin Hu asks TSC members to review link offline and share comments 
    • Manuel Buil raises the concern if perhaps OPX is difficult to integrate in OPNFV because it requires specific hardware or if maybe there is a full-software version that we could eventually use (mbuil, 13:43:53)
    • Manuel Buil asks about the relationship of OPX to OPNFV. 
      • Will additional hardware be required, for example. Will OPX integrate with OPNFV at all? 
    • Manuel Buil will add comments to github regarding this concern 
  • Emma Foley stepping down from TSC 
    • The TSC approves of an ad hoc election to fill the vacant seat.
    • David McBride says that nominations will begin today.  Will send an email to the mailing list.
  • Community election schedule
    • David McBride explains that the proposed schedule pulls the election schedule in by about 2 months in response to the TSC saying last year that the election process should not overlap with the budget process.  Since the term of 12 months is specified in the election process, the TSC needs to also vote to reduce the current term by 2 months.
    • The TSC approves reducing the current TSC term by approximately 2 months in order to avoid overlapping with budget discussions.
    • The TSC approves of the proposed schedule for community elections.
  • Release update 
    • MS6 - Mar 15. Good response, but still following up with a few projects. See Hunter release page for details on compliance. 
    • MS7 - stable branch - March 29 

Mar 12, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

Note:  due to lack of quorum, all approvals and votes are deferred to next week.

  • Approval of minutes
    • Deferred
  • Informal developer gathering at Intel on April 2
  • Replacing Emma on TSC
    • When a TSC member steps down, the TSC may choose to keep the seat open, or hold an election.
    • Jack Morganpoints out that there is no limit on serving as proxy. Need to update governance doc.
  • Promise project termination
    • Deferred due to lack of quorum.
  • Intern project review kickoff
    • Proposal page is locked for the first cycle at 5 pm Pacific today
    • David McBride will setup a meeting for the current review team
  • OVP patch release
  • ONS registration
    • David McBride suggests that members register soon. Rate increases on March 17. 
  • Release update
    • MS6 - preliminary documentation - March 15 
  • IT/Infra update

Mar 5, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
      • Note:  minutes were not posted, so we will repeat approval of minutes next week.
  • CoC refresher
    • Heather Kirksey leads us through the CoC.
    • Manuel Buil asks about LFN CoC. Heather says that it does not currently exist, but could be put in place if the community would like to do that.
  • OPNFV installer status and OVP
    • David McBride shares slide deck that describes installer status and suggests XCI as a possible solution.
    • Cedric Ollivier mentions functest also doesn't rely on an opnfv installer and has acheived gating solution
    • Mark Beierl suggests that LFN and opnfv define what an opnfv platform is without an opnfv installer
    • Fatih Degirmenci talks to current status of XCI and mentions it supports baremetal since fall last year
    • Need to clarify project status of XCI. Jack Morgan says that a similar situation exists for LaaS.
    • Mark Beierl asks if XCI needs to be its own project, instead of a sub-project of releng as it is now.
    • XCI needs to have more visibility in the wiki. When going to wiki.opnfv.org, the projects page is the first seen. XCI does not get mentioned under any of the Projects lists.
    • https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/INF/Improving+CI+for+Test+Projects
  • OVP 2.2.0 patch release proposal
    • Removes two test cases, which changes scope, which requires TSC approval.
    • Dan Xu to send email to TSC mailing list for TSC vote on change in scope.
  • Other items
    • Please post update to TSC mailing list, as appropriate.

Feb 26, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Agenda bashing
    • Manuel Buil requests a topic regarding test tool visibility. Will be added toward the end of the meeting.
  • Intern project proposal selection schedule
    • The TSC approves of the schedule presented for intern proposal selection.
    • David McBride says that we also need a working group to review the proposals 
      • Mark BeierlBin Hu, and Qiao Fu volunteer to participate 
      • LF will contribute one reviewer (probably Phil or Heather) 
    • mbeierl suggests asking for more volunteers as part of the email soliciting additional intern project proposals
  • Committer removal process update 
    • The TSC approves the changes to the committer removal process.
  • Code and release quality improvements 
    • Cristina Pauna provides a recap of what we've covered on this topic, so far, and what decisions have been made.
      • TSC has agreed to two proposals, so far: 
        • Removal of inactive committers
        • Code review best practices wiki.  
    • Cristina Pauna asks, should projects be required to run Functest as a prerequisite to merging a patch?
      • Process is currently in place, question is whether it should be a requirement.
      •  Cristina Pauna will propose a document in which the requirement should be documented
      • Cristina Pauna will poll installer owners about the requirement
  • Test tool visibility 
    • Manuel Buil says that we need a way to easily package and deploy test tools.  This is also something that Heather Kirkseyhas encouraged for some time.
    • Manuel Buil asks, how do we develop more interest in OPNFV test tools?
    • Bin Hu says that we need a champion to take on the project.
    • David McBride points out that OVP is dependent on OPNFV test frameworks.
    • We will continue discussing in weekly technical discussion and next week's TSC call.

Feb 19, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Chair report Bin Hu
    • TAC meeting last week 
      • LFN infra meeting on Fridays. Trevor Bramwell attending on behalf of OPNFV. 
      • TAC chair election. LF to draft job description. 
      • Document review to be done on GitHub from now on.
      • TAC meeting scheduled for next week (Feb 27) at 7 a.m. Pacific.
  • Termination reviews 
    • NetReady
      • Georg Kunz says that the project has been inactive lately and has completed its primary goals.
      • The TSC approves the proposal to terminate the NetReady project.
    • Pinpoint
      • No one available from the project.
      • David McBride says that the project has been dormant for years.
      • The TSC approves the proposal to terminate the Pinpoint project.
  • Intern project proposal process
    • David McBride describes proposal, which has been updated since last week per feedback received.
    • The TSC approves the intern project proposal process.
      • Note:  the 'endvote' command was not entered, so meetbot did not tally the results of the vote and publish them in the HTML log as usual.  However, you may see the individual votes in the text log.
    • David McBride to prepare schedule for TSC review per the approved inter project proposal process 
  • Code and release quality improvements 
    • https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/Code_and_Release_Quality
    • David McBride to propose revised language for removing committers that are inactive for 1 year. Will be removed unless PTL wants to make an exception. 
    • TSC agrees to document the gerrit best practices in the OPNFV wiki without setting a hard requirement through gerrit rule enforcing 
  • Release update 
    • MS5 - scenario status - March 1. 
      • Scenario owners should have scenarios documented on the Hunter scenario status page, as well as running in OPNFV CI.

Feb 12, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Marketing update Brandon Wick
    • slides
    • ONS
      • Booth demo proposals due tomorrow (Feb 13) 
      • Please add Un-conference proposals to the wiki page 
      • Any ONS attendance (unconference, demo) requires purchase of an ONS pass.
    • OCP
      • Continuing collaboration with OCP. LFN will have a booth at the OCP Summit, Mar 14-15, San Jose, CA. 
      • David McBride to coordinate with Kenny Paul on soliciiting feedback on the possibility of bringing Edge gear to plugfest/DDF 
    • Plugfest/DDF report in review 
  • Intern program update
    • Frank Brockners suggests producing a ranked list instead of a recommended list 
    • Do we need more flexibility? Should we spread out the intern selection throughout the year?
    • Frank Brockners suggests selecting one intern beginning in March, then two in the summer. 
    • Mark Beierl proposal: align internships with releases: 2 for fall release, 1 for spring? 
    • David McBride to update process proposal per feedback.
  • Termination review update
    • The TSC approves the proposed update to the project termination process.
  • Release update
    • Hunter MS5 scheduled for March 1. 
    • David McBride asks scenario owners to make sure that their scenarios are documented on the scenario status page and to verify that their scenarios are running in OPNFV CI and passing deployment and health check.
  • IT/Infra update Trevor Bramwell
    • Jenkins update was successful.
    • gerrit is moving to AWS
  • Action item review
    • David McBride to close TSC-13 once the termination proposal process has been updated, per today's vote. 
    • David McBride to create JIRA issue for intern project proposal process 
    • Trevor Bramwell suggests adding an issue to document PTL election guidelines.  Trevor will create the JIRA issue. Goal is to document guidelines while maintaining OPNFV tradition of giving projects broad latitude in how they select their PTL.
    • Discussion about history of PTL selection in OPNFV. 
    • Frank Brockners says that OPNFV has always emphasized project autonomy and independence in PTL selection. This may explain why no process is documented. 

Feb 5, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • TAC Meeting - Jan 30
    • Rescheduling of weekly technical discussion
      • Choices:
        • stay with current time:  6 a.m. PST, Thurs
          • Manuel and Frank have conflict
          • Conflicts with ONAP TSC
        • 7 a.m. PST, Monday
          • Conflicts with CVC bi-weekly 
        • 7 a.m. PST, Friday
          • Difficult for APAC (11 p.m.)
  • Termination Review
    • JOID 
      • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of the proposal to terminate the JOID project? (+1, 0, -1)"
    • Bamboo 
      • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of the proposal to terminate the Bamboo project? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Code and Release Quality Improvement Cristina PaunaBin Hu
    • etherpad
    • Improve project's info accuracy
      • Scan the projects of inactive committers and confirm with the PTLs that they can be removed, then proceed with the removal procedure
    • Improve gerrit best practices
      • Enforce the practices that can be done via Jenkins (e.g., prohibit merging own patches)
    • Use Functest to verify installer patches
      • By running a subset of the Functest tests for all patches made on installers before they are merged we make sure basic functionality is not broken by patches
      • Implemented, but recommend adapting as formal policy
      • Expand to feature projects
      • Document the procedure to disable the verify jobs: an approval from the Release manager or TSC should be required
    • Reduce the time it takes for running the tests
      • Parallel testing (run in parallel tests from the same tier or run tiers in parallel)
  • Release update: David McBride
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • TAC meeting - Jan 30 
    • Discussion about infra across LFN 
      • Need to coordinate OPNFV effort with larger LFN effort 
      • A regular weekly LFN infra working group meeting has been established (Fridays at 8 a.m. Pacific)  
    • Discussion about the roles of chair and secretary 
    • TAC decided that the chair would be the board rep
  • Rescheduling of weekly technical discussion
    • Final decision is for Mondays at 7 a.m. 
    • Frank Brockners comments that this time slot conflicts with Panda meeting 
    • Also conflicts with CVC meeting 
    • Change will begin next week on Feb 11. We will still meet this week on Thurs, Feb 7. 
  • Termination reviews 
    • JOID
      • The TSC approves the proposal to terminate the JOID project
    • Bamboo
      • Trevor Bramwellcomments that there is a K8s cluster running in support of Bamboo 
      • Mark Beierl suggests adding a link to the Bamboo project page that points to Panda work in ONAP 
      • The TSC approves of the proposal to terminate the Bamboo project.
  • Code and Release Quality Improvement
    • The TSC agrees to start cleanup of inactive committers procedure by asking PTLs to update their list of committers for each project.
    • The TSC agrees to update committer removal procedure to include removing committers that have not accessed OPNFV gerrit for 12 months 
    • David McBrideto update procedure per agreement. Will open TSC JIRA.
    • Cristina Pauna says that ODL has a gerrit best practices page 
    • We will continue discussion about gerrit best practices in the weekly technical discussion. Specifically, should we enforce, or simply recommend against self-merges?
  • IT/Infra

Jan 29, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • Update on strategy discussion
    • Change of date for weekly technical discussion.
    • Update on Developer Event before ONS-NA
  • Booth demo discussion.
    • email request for proposals
    • Review etherpad submissions
    • Demo staffing (co-manager, presenters, need full-time booth support)
    • Selection process Brandon Wick
  • TAC representation. Bin Hu
  • Intern discussion. David McBride
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Gambia v7.2
    • Hunter MS3.1
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Community Election procedure update
    • TSC-4 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve the change to the community election procedure as described in TSC-4? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Update on strategy discussion 
  • Change to weekly technical discussion 
    • Bin Hu reviewed a proposal to move meeting to Monday.
    • The meeting will move to Mondays beginning Feb 10.
  • informal gathering before ONS 
    • LF has no budget to support a developer event, so Bin Hu is has proposed an informal gathering on April 2.
    • Details are TBD.  Bin Hu will update the TSC and the mailing list when he knows more.
  • Booth demo discussion 
    • etherpad
    • #22658  
    • Brandon Wick reviews booth demo proposal requirements
      • Submissions due by Feb 13 
      • Demo managers will need to get passes for themselves and their team.
      • Each demo manager should plan on a team in order to provide coverage at the booth for all open hours.
      • Preference is for "real world" use cases and those that are cross-project and/or include a carrier.
      • David McBride reminds proposal owners to respond to email from Brandon Wick in addition to etherpad documentation
    • VSPERF Demo (proposal #1) review
      • Sridhar says that the idea is to go beyond performance measurement and do causation analysis 
    • OpenStack rolling upgrade demo (proposal #2) review
    • LaaS demo (proposal #3) review
  • TAC representation 
    • #4967  
    • David McBride found that the charter already says that the TAC representative may be the TSC chair, or any other member of the TSC, as designated by the TSC.  So, no additional documentation of the TAC representative is necessary.
    • The TSC approves of the proposal that the TSC Chair will be the TAC representative 
  • Intern discussion 
    • David McBride says that we are limited to 3 interns this year, therefore, we will need to be more selective about which intern proposals get selected.
    • We will implement a plan to solicit, review, and select proposals.  Details will be presented to the TSC in the coming weeks.
  • Release update 
    • Gambia 7.2 went live on Monday, Jan 28 
    • Still reviewing status of Hunter MS3.1.  Tim Rozetreports that Apex is currently meeting those requirements.
  • IT/Infra update 
    • Jenkins upgrade on Weds, Jan 30 
    • Gerrit migration and system reboots to be scheduled for Feb 13th 
  • Community election procedure 
    • Note:  Last week,Cedric Ollivier requested more time to review the proposed change before today's vote, but then was unable to attend the meeting.  However, David McBride had an email exchange with Cedric before the meeting, who indicated that he had reviewed the change and would have voted to approve it, had he attended the meeting.
    • The TSC approves the change to the community election procedure as described in TSC-4.
  • Action item review
    • Reviewed one new action item:   TSC-13 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Closed three action items: TSC-2, TSC-4, and TSC-8.

Jan 22, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No report this week.
  • Booth demo discussion.
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Gambia v7.2
    • Hunter MS3.1
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Community Election procedure update
    • TSC-4 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve the change to the community election procedure as described in TSC-4? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Booth Demo discussion 
    • Brandon Wick sent an email with info last week 
    • seeking demos that are endorsed by a service provider 
    • seeking demos with cross-project collaboration/content 
    • proposal should include a commitment from a specified demo manager 
    • proposal authors should respond to Brandon's email and document the proposal in the etherpad
  • Release Update 
    • Gambia 7.2 this week
      • download page will go live on Jan 29
    • Hunter MS3.1
      • Tim Rozet says that he's awaiting a patch that will allow Apex to meet MS3.1 requirements
  • IT/Infra update
    • Trevor Bramwell says that the plan is to upgrade Jenkins following the Gambia 7.2 release 
    • Gerrit migration put on hold pending further analysis on the best approach to complete the task 
    • Cedric Ollivier asks about updates to Python 3.6
    • Trevor Bramwell says that it depends on the OS status.  Trevor will look into the issue and get back to Cedric
  • Community election procedure
    • Vote deferred to next week to allow time for further review
  • Action Item Review
    • TSC-2 - Bin Hu will propose that the TSC chair be the TC representative. Will start email thread. 
    • David McBride to look into where TAC representation should be documented 
    • David McBride sats that TSC-8 may be resolved by resolution to TSC-4
  • AoB 
    • Manuel Buil requests change of day/time for weekly technical meeting 
    • Bin Hu to start email thread requesting feedback about proposal to move meeting to Mondays at 6 a.m. (PST) 

Jan 15, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No report this week.
  • Marketing Update Brandon Wick
    • ONS North America - April 3 - 5
      • CFP for ONS - Jan 21
      • ONS NA will follow similar format to Amsterdam
      • Interest in OPNFV developer event at ONS NA?
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Gambia v7.2
    • Hunter MS3.1
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
    • Schedule of updates to be sent out this week:
      • Gerrit migration to Cloud
      • Jenkins Upgrade
  • Community Election procedure update
    • TSC-4 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve the change to the community election procedure as described in TSC-4? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Marketing Update 
    • Brandon Wick shares a slide deck 
    • Notice of CFPs closing soon for KubeCon Europe and ONS North America. 
      • KubeCon CFP due Jan 18 
      • ONS NA CFP due Jan 21 
    • LFN reception has not yet been decided for KubeCon Europe 
    • ONS NA will have a similar format to last fall's ONS EU in Amsterdam 
    • Brandon Wick will start collecting ideas for demos at LFN booth on Jan 16
    • Bin Hu suggests an agenda item for the weekly discussion meeting and the next TSC meeting to discuss ideas for booth demos 
    • Qiao Fu asks about mini-summit at KubeCon. Brandon says that he will have more info after the MAC meets in the next week or two. 
    • David McBride suggests having Brandon Wick provide an update to the TSC after the MAC meets.
  • Release Update 
    • The TSC agrees to delay the release of Gambia 7.2 one week to Jan 25 
  • IT/Infra Update 
  • Community election procedure update 
  • Action Item Review
    • Closed TSC-7

Jan 8, 2019

Note:  In addition to the usual Zoom conference, we will have a F2F at PlugFest.

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Agenda bashing
    • Frank Brockners requests a strategy planning update from Bin Hu.  Bin will include this in the chair report.
  • Chair Report
    • Bin Hu provides an update to the TSC on the strategy development.
      • Bin Hu says that the board provided feedback on OPNFV during presentation in December:
        • better alignment between TSC and marketing 
        • focus on OVP 
      • Bin Hu describes progress on strategy during weekly technical discussion meetings
      • Additional discussion took place during infra working group meeting in December
  • IT/Infra update
  • Release update
    • The requirements for Hunter 3.0 have been collapsed into MS3.1, which is scheduled for Jan 18 
    • Frank Brockners asks about progress on the new release process
      • Frank points out that projects have been making use of continuous release for nearly a year without a process
      • David McBride says that the Release Process Working Group has been making slow progress.
  • TSC Jira process
  • Action Item review
    • Closed TSC-12 as no longer relevant

Jan 1, 2019 (cancelled)







  • No labels