Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata



This weekly meeting is for topics common across projects focused on testing (this is a good place to start if you want to get high-level status of the individual projects and learn about hot topics related to OPNFV Testing)

Test working group wiki page: https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/testing

  • Test projects should try to have a rep attend this meeting
  • New test related projects should be discussed in this forum to gain feedback from the OPNFV testing community
  • Agenda varies but typically is structured ...
    • 15 min report out / sharing by projects (high level status / plans)
    • 20 min discussion on test project collaboration topic/s
    • 20 min – share new test projects or other test topics

  • Usual time (this timeslot): Every Thursday 15:00-16:00 UTC
    Thursday Zoom: https://zoom.us/j/5014627785
    Access Code: 5014627785
    IRC channel: #opnfv-testperf @ Freenode

Meeting Chair and Minutes Schedule

This is a proposed schedule for the weeks ahead.  Please feel free to sign up and change as needed.

Calendar


Subscribe now

  1. EDIT THE CALENDAR

    Customise the different types of events you'd like to manage in this calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  2. RESTRICT THE CALENDAR

    Optionally, restrict who can view or add events to the team calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  3. SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM

    Grab the calendar's URL and email it to your team, or paste it on a page to embed the calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  4. ADD AN EVENT

    The calendar is ready to go! Click any day on the calendar to add an event or use the Add event button.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  5. SUBSCRIBE

    Subscribe to calendars using your favourite calendar client.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs


Proposed Agenda Topics

To be planned

  • Status of Kubernetes scenario test support in Functest and Yardstick, including plans for further development. Discussion between test framework owners/teams and k8s scenario owners.
  • Test results pages updates for Fraser branch.

Action item

 

Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
  • Topics
    • Spinnaker and Yardstick K8S tests - Rex Lee
    • OPNFV testing presentation in ONS 
  • AoB
  • Minutes: 
  • Actions


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

(Cancelled) Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


(Adhoc Meeting) Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


(Cancelled) Agenda -  - Apac Time: UTC 8:00-9:00 / PST  1:00-2:00 / Beijing 16:00-17:00 / IST  13:30-14:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


(Cancelled) Agenda -  - APAC Time: UTC 8:00-9:00 / PST  1:00-2:00 / Beijing 16:00-17:00 / IST  13:30-14:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
  • Topics
  • AoB
  • Minutes
  • Actions
    1. Rex could contact David and check with Yardstick team to see if there is something could be done for supporting new release process
    2. Gabriel contact Emma for attending the monitoring topic in OPNFV plugfest
    3. Gabriel plan DP test for Bottlenecks G and cooperate with testing projects, e.g., NFVbench or use other tesiting tools, e.g., Trex, ..
    4. Gabriel to contact Fatih and David about the reference platform


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
  • Topics
    • ETSI Plugtest/OPNFV Plugfest testing planning discussion 
      • OPNFV in ETSI Plugtest
      • Testing planning in OPNFV Plugfest
      • https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/testperf_plugtest_plugfest_fraser
        • During the second week, there will be a big room that holds all OPNFV and ETSI guys. OPNFV and ETSI, in general, schedule their own tracks separately. As to ETSI Plugtest, OPNFV scenarios could participate the interop sessions. In the meanwhile, ETSI Plugtest will have some OPNFV testing dedicated tracks, however, these tracks should be organized by OPNFV crew.

    • SUT discussion for Long Duration Testing
      • xci-virutal deployment and jenkins
      • review of xci-bare metal
    • Gates for new release process
      • A proposal in OPNFV plugfest
      • Rotine discussion in Testperf Meeting
  • AoB
  • Minutes
  • Actions
    • Linda and Rex look into David's requirements and be regularly fedback in Testperf meeting for the proposal in Plugfest


(Cancelled) Agenda -  - APAC Time: UTC 8:00-9:00 / PST  1:00-2:00 / Beijing 16:00-17:00 / IST  13:30-14:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 8:00-9:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
    1. Yang (Gabriel) Yu Broadcast the test plan and report to the community, and let people be familiar first, then develop our cooperation plan  
    2. Rex Lee send out email to David to see if there is any additional comments
  • Topics
    • test result page updates for Fraser stable branch Trevor Bramwell David McBride
      • How will we get the test result pages created for Fraser stable branch?  Who will take ownership.
      • How soon can this be completed?  If possible, I'd like to have the pages available by MS7 on March 30, or a day or two later.
      • What process should we put in place for future releases?
        • This should include not only creating the pages, but following up to make sure that they're being populated with data.
        • Can some or all of this process be automated?
    • Testperf topics/planned discussion in ONS LFN dev forum
      • long duration testing presentation and F2F discussion
      • plugtest/plugfest cooperation on test cases & ETSI NFV & LFN collaboration
      • NFV Data Plane Benchmarking
      • HA test cases
      • .... (please add more)
    • Macros for installer ci status Julien
  • AoB
  • Minutes
  • Actions


Agenda -  - APAC Time: UTC 8:00-9:00 / PST  1:00-2:00 / Beijing 16:00-17:00 / IST  13:30-14:30

  • Action points follow-up
    • Broadcast the test plan and report to the community, and let people be familiar first, then develop our cooperation plan
    • Rex send out email to David to see if there is any additional comments
  • Topics
    • Testing Topics in ONS Dev Forum
    • Some update of the long duration test 
  • AoB
    • Reminder on release: MS6 ends this week
    • Gating release discussion about the test cases defered to next week
  • Minutes
  • Actions


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


(Canceled) Agenda -  - APAC Time: UTC 8:00-9:00 / PST  24:00-1:00 / Beijing 16:00-17:00 / IST  13:30-14:30

NOTE: The meeting is canceled since there will be a big holiday in several Asia countries, i.e., Spring Festival. Attendance of the meeting will be low.


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
    1. Yang (Gabriel) Yu to send email for collecting basic requirements from testing projects/community for long duration CI
    2. Yang (Gabriel) Yu to summarize the discussion in email and move forward the discussion
  • Topics
  • AoB
  • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-testperf/2018/opnfv-testperf.2018-02-01-15.03.html
    • Additional Notes:
      • AGREED: NFVbench could share the same timeslot with VSPERF and Storperf for long duration test
      • AGREED: QTIP provides its long duration tests list first and then discuss about the CI requirements 
    • The Biterg Dashboard training will be held next week on Feb. 8th in Testperf meeting. Materials will be sent out before that.
  • Actions
    1. gabriel will discuss the details with Fatih about the CI promotion
    2. gabriel to update the link to document the agreement of long duration test
    3. Tim come up with proposal about scenarios of the special hardware required to different tests


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
    1. Jack check the installer reporting patch and send out email to collect requirements for test resources
  • Topics
    • Requirements collection for long duration CI
    • Testing strategy for gating the release
      • determine the test cases we could use (Functest runs 5 tiers of tests under each scenario, using all the tiers as the gating test cases set could be a choice)

      • determine the rule for labeling stability level of each scenario (how we can determine the stability level, pass 4 times for level-1? 20 times for level-2? Or simply pass 10 times is stable enough?)

      • producing the stable scenarios set (for installers)
      • code and packages aren't frozen
      • all scenarios are released together 
  • AoB
    • Date of Biterg dashboard training
  • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-testperf/2018/opnfv-testperf.2018-01-25-15.02.html
    • Additional Notes:
      • Requirements collection for long duration CI
        • action on gabriel to send email for collecting basic requirements from testing projects/community for long duration CI
      • Testing strategy for gating the release
        • action on gabriel to summarize the discussion in email and move forward the discussion
        • Do not need to have different level of stability for scenarios
        • If we use all functest tests and design gating rules for all the scenarios, we could not use long duration pod/ci
        • the testing strategy for gating will last during the whole release process, however, it is really after MS5  that the gating strategy should be looked into. Before that the gating results are for reference only.
        • Ideally, after MS 5, scenario developments are not allowed. Only debugging works should be performed. Scenario owners should be responsible for "releasibility" of their scenarios and to make their scenarios compliant with gating rules after MS5 
    • AGREED: Biterg dashboard training will be held on Feb. 8th
      • Just note that David will have a meeting with Biterg guys, anyone has questions before Feb. 8 could also resort to release meeting or David for some answers too.
  • Actions
    1. gabriel to send email for collecting basic requirements from testing projects/community for long duration CI
    2. gabriel to summarize the discussion in email and move forward the discussion


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
    1. Jack makes a simple proposal for the resource aggregation based on Landing page
    2. Gabriel send out email for collecting questions from the community for the Biterg training
  • Topics
    • Discussion of testing resources and requirements/issues collection - Jack Chan
  • AoB
    • ONS proposals
  • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-testperf/2018/opnfv-testperf.2018-01-18-15.12.html
  • Actions
    1. Jack check the installer reporting patch and send out email to collect requirements for test resources
    2. Gabriel create page documenting the general purposes, users, requirements and designs after Jack has progress with the collection and proposal


Agenda -  - APAC Time: UTC 8:00-9:00 / PST  24:00-1:00 / Beijing 16:00-17:00 / IST  13:30-14:30

  •  Action points follow-up
    1. Alberto arrange dashboard training session (Will do, we also need to collect some questions as input for the training)
    2. Jack make the proposal of testing resources aggregation (Will do in next meeting)
  • Topics
    • Questions collection for Biterg Training session regarding the testing panel
  • AoB
    • Definitions aligned with plugfest and OVP document
    • ONS proposals of testing projects
  • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-testperf/2018/opnfv-testperf.2018-01-10-08.02.html
  • Actions
    1. gabriel send out email for collecting questions from the community for the Biterg training


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
    1. Gabriel send out email to the PTLs involved in the Long duration testing for proposal to ONS next year
    2. Jack makes a simple proposal for the resource aggregation based on Landing page
    3. gabriel send out email to Cedric about the gating tests to initiate the discussion
    4. gabriel send out meeting invitation updated for 2018 meeting
  • Topics
    • Testing scheme for gating releases
    • Testing topics for ONS 2018 in March
  • AoB
  • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-testperf/2018/opnfv-testperf.2018-01-04-15.04.html
  • Actions

 

Meeting Archive

Linda and Rex look into David's requirements and be regularly fedback in Testperf meeting for the proposal in Plugfest
  • No labels

1 Comment

  1. Mark Beierl if the meeting calendar works fine, I think we may archive the manually editing table.

    The old agenda can also be archived too.