|Choices||Your Vote||Current Result: (10 Total Votes)||Comments|
10 Votes , 100%
0 Votes , 0%
0 Votes , 0%
|Pending Voters : Qiao Fu , Dan Xu , Frank Brockners , Cedric Ollivier , Panagiotis Karalis|
Additional Background Information
With a TSC size of 15, it is sometimes difficult to reach quorum which hinders the ability for the TSC to conduct its duties. Therefore it has been suggested that OPNFV adopts a practice which has shown to be effective in other TSCs: the reduction of the total count of members required for quorum based on past history of attendance, or in other words participation in TSC meetings is required in order to maintain quorum status
The guidelines is as follows:
- Each TSC member is counted towards the total required to achieve quorum.
- If a TSC member or their appointed proxy is not present for two successive meetings, their seat shall no longer count towards the total required to achieve quorum at the next TSC meeting.
- Voting rights are not affected by this policy. A member who was not counted towards quorum may join the meeting and participate without any conditions attached.
- Attendance to a meeting reinstates that member's position as counting towards quorum.
- As quorum should always be > 50%, if the total count is an even number, quorum will be rounded up by one. Example if the total is 12 members, quorum shall be 7.
- Recording of attendance and quorum requirements is the responsibility of the TSC Vice Chair or other approved members as needed.
The current number of TSC members is 15, meaning quorum is 8.
- Members A, B are not present.
- Quorum remains at 8/15.
- Members A, B are still not present.
- Quorum remains at 8/15 for Week 2. Quorum for Week 3 is reduced to 7/13, regardless of Week 3 attendance.
- Members A, B are still not present, meaning they have missed the past 2 meetings, so this policy is now in effect.
- Quorum is reduced to 7/13.
- Member B is present, so their position is reinstated regarding quorum
- Quorum goes back to 8/14 on week 5.