Project: Multi-site Virtualized Infrastructure (Multisite)
NFV infrastructure must be distributed across multiple geographical locations. This will require multiple connected OpenStack deployments, of different sizes. The infrastructure will also mix physical and virtual infrastructure.
The platform must be able to support application-level redundancy across different datacenters, network management across multiple sites, and between physical and virtual infrastructure, multi-site image replication, and global and per-site quota management.
This project focus on the enhancement to OpenStack ( Nova / Cinder / Neutron / Glance / Ceilometer / KeyStone ), so that OpenStack as the VIM is able to support multisite NFV cloud.
- Reference: Kickoff meeting: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/multisite_kickoff Minutes of Kickoff meeting
Related wiki pages:
- Multisite Project Proposalmultisite_project_creation_review_r1.1.pptx
- Multisite Deployment Environment
- Brahmaputra Release
- Use Cases
- Project, Bugs and BPs to OpenStack
- List of Candidate Work Items / Open Questions
- Colorado Release
- C release planning etherpad: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/multisite_colorado_release_planning
- C Release Planning wiki page: Colorado_Release_Planning
- Kingbird integration: Kingbird integration
- Danuble Release
- Multisite Release D Planning
- E Release
- Multisite Release E Planning
- Meeting Calendar
- Meeting Minutes
- Presentations(1), Multisite OpenStack for NFV:
- This slides was presented in OpenStack Austin Summit, 2016.
- Attention: The Tricircle project has been accepted as one of OpenStack big-tent project on Nov.15,2016. Unlike what described in the presentation, the Tricircle shrink-ed its scope on networking automation across Neutron, refer to https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Tricircle for the new Tricircle.
- Presentations(2) When one cloud is enough:
- This slides was presented in OpenStack Boston Summit, 2017.
- Attention: Information about the Tricircle is updated.
- Slides: https://github.com/BeyondTheClouds/BeyondTheClouds.github.io/raw/master/DOCS/SLIDES/2017/BOSTON-SUMMIT/WhenOneCloudIsNotEnough.pdf
- Presentations(3) Shared Networks to Support VNF High Availability Across OpenStack Multi Region Deployment
- This slides was presented in OPNFV Beijing Summit, 2017.
- Attention: detail introduction about Tricricle networking automation
- slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WBdra-ZaiB-K8_m3Pv76o_jhylEqJXTTxzEZ-cu8u2A/
Key Project Facts
Project: Multi-Site Virtualized Infrastructure (Multisite)
Creation Date: April 21, 2015
Lifecycle State: Archived
Primary Contact: Chaoyi Huang ( email@example.com )
Project Lead: Chaoyi Huang ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Jira Project Name: multisite
Jira Project Prefix: multisite
Mailing list tag: [multisite]
Committers and Contributors
IRC : freenode.net #opnfv-meeting
- Weekly on Thursday at 0800 UTC.
- See meetings/multisite for agenda, details and previous meeting minutes
Trello : Multisite Trello Board for coordination
Mailing List: no dedicated mailing list - use opnfv-tech-discuss and tag your emails with [multisite] in the subject for easier filtering