Project: Deployment Template Translation (Parser)
In NFV, various templates (such as descriptors, records and so on) are utilized to describe the deployment requirements (such as basic VM requirements – vCPU, memory, storage, as well as the NFV acceleration management requirement such as Huge Pages support, SR-IOV, NUMA affinity, DPDK support etc.), the post-instaniation records (such as storage usage report, CPU performance report etc.) or other purposes. However in order to make these templates adaptable and feasible for purpose like deployment orchestration/automation, certain tooling mechanism that provides template translation is necessary.
Project Parser will help to provide such tooling mechanism, by parsing Telecom operators’ descriptors/records into TOSCA/CAMP templates and then further translate TOSCA/CAMP templates into certain common templates, which could be used in IaaS orchestration projects like OpenStack Heat.
The overall project plan for Parser is:
- During the time period of Release One, identify more use cases, and also the gap for the upstream project.
Related wiki pages:
- Parser Project Proposal
- Use Cases
- List of Candidate Work Items / Open Questions
- Meeting Calendar
- Meeting Minutes
- Parser Documentation
- Parser HowTo page on developement
- Parser B release status
- Parser Rel C Planning
- Parser Rel D Planning
Key Project Facts
Srinivas Tadepalli, TCS (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IRC : freenode.net #opnfv-parser
GoToMeeting : 201997445
Trello : Parser Trello Board for coordination
Mailing List: no dedicated mailing list - use opnfv-tech-discuss and tag your emails with [parser] in the subject for easier filtering
- Parser Asia-Euro Meeting: Every Monday 4:30pm - 5:30pm (UTC + 8) at https://zoom.us/j/334408464
- Parser Asia-US Meeting: Every Tuesday 11:00am - 12:00am (UTC + 8) at https://zoom.us/j/6673375781