Side note: consider using Ixia or Spirent test tools for Control plane and data plane testing
Neutron would possibly accept features implemented in "reasonably open" backends other than "reference implementations".
Work on BGPVPN (not for Ocata, would be Pike --> F release):
- Port association blueprint needs refresh, awaits implementation in API, framework and drivers
Functional enhancements (what is new from upstream? what do we want from upstream?):
- EVPN - BGPVPN supports it, ODL Carbon Netvirt is adding support as well.
- VRF split fix? (Note: not sure if this still needs fixing since the test passes in Danube)
- Additional tests have been implemented in Tempest (need to check for overlap with Functest), consume in Functest
- Some VPN test is about to be added in Rally, consume in Functest https://review.openstack.org/#/c/386418/ https://blueprints.launchpad.net/openstack/?searchtext=networking-bgpvpn-scenarios
- Being able to force the VxLAN VNI for EVPN https://review.openstack.org/#/c/332711/
Rebasing to new upstream versions:
- Rebase to OpenStack Ocata, means new BGPVPN version
- ODL Carbon uplift, what about newer Quagga version, can we switch to FRR?
- OVS version? (will it have PTAP?)
Additional test cases:
- Excercising the MPLS stacks (i.e. running MPLS traffic into/through the DC overlay from outside) and measuring performance
Spillover from Danube release: