OPNFV OpenStack community page
This page is maintained by OPNFV and OpenStack community members to further enhance collaboration between the two communities.
Rather than establish a project for OpenStack the OPNFV community has agreed to work on establishing focus community groups where we will describe community engagement practices, identify community leaders, manage our contributions toward those communities and generally get ourselves organised well enough to be a benefit, rather than a burden, to our source communities.
- IRC - You can reach out to the project teams, working group teams on IRC or ask generic questions on the #openstack or #openstack-101 channels about how to run the software or join the community. You can find further information here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC
- Mailing lists - OpenStack has several mailing lists to discuss development, community and operations related topics. You can find more information on the following wiki page: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Mailing_Lists. For the complete list and to subscribe see the following page: http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo
- Meetings - Meetings are held on IRC, for more information and schedule visit the following page: http://eavesdrop.openstack.org
OpenDev - September 7-8, 2017, San Francisco, CA
Edge Computing focused working event.
OpenStack Queens PTG - September 11-15, 2017, Denver, CO
OpenStack related design event where project teams and working groups meet in person to discuss priorities for the upcoming cycle.
- Event details - https://www.openstack.org/ptg/
- Schedule - https://www.openstack.org/ptg/#tab_schedule
- Etherpads - https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTG/Queens/Etherpads
ETSI NFV - OpenStack co-located workshop at the PTG:
- The purpose of the workshop is to bring the two communities closer, discuss overlapping requirements and tasks, collaboration areas and put action items into motion.
- Tuesday, September 12, 2pm - 5pm, room: Aspen, Atrium level
- Etherpad - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/etsi-nfv-openstack-gathering-denver
OpenStack Summit - November 6-8, 2017, Sydney, Australia
A three-day conference for IT business leaders, cloud operators and developers covering the open infrastructure landscape.
- Event details - https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/
- Schedule - https://www.openstack.org/summit/sydney-2017/summit-schedule/
Related OpenStack Working Groups and SIG's