Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

SampleVNF Project Meeting Agenda

 

 2017 10/02 (08:30 16h00 UTC)  Canceled due to India National Holiday

 

2017 09/25 (08:30 16h00 UTC)  Canceled 

 

2017 09/18 – (16h00 UTC)

Opens:
  •  Madhu, DPPD already supports NSH aware , which type if orchestrator? - ONAP
  • NSH aware in other VNFs? - Will be added for F-release 
 Topics:
  • MS7 - Completed, we have stable branch. 
  • REST APIs update?
    • Testing and documentation completed and patch available. 
    • Anand to test REST API on common code
  • common code?
    • Review Completed pending merge.
    • Vishwesh to test the patch.
  • Heat templates for SampleVNFs
    • Openstack version pike or ocata? - Madhu: pike would be better.
  • Plugfest  discussion
    • SampleVNF capabilities
    • Demonstrating NFVi/VNF characterization in yardstick using SampleVNFs on BM, SV, Openstack

      • rfc25544, HTTP traffic etc, scale-up and scale-out testcases.

      (Since Sullivan Brayn is not there topic pushed to next week)
    • ONAP integration?
    • SampleVNF  SFC.

2017 09/11 – (16h00 UTC)

Opens:

1.  Navya needs help on running the vFW with yardstick.

Anand to provide offline explanation/support.

2. Sullivan Brayn – Docs on usage and testing of samplevnfs

 Link to samplevnf draft documents:  

 http://artifacts.opnfv.org/samplevnf/docs/

http://artifacts.opnfv.org/samplevnf/docs/release_results/index.html
 http://artifacts.opnfv.org/samplevnf/docs/testing_user_userguide/index.html
 http://artifacts.opnfv.org/samplevnf/docs/testing_developer_results/index.html
 http://artifacts.opnfv.org/samplevnf/docs/testing_developer/index.html
 http://artifacts.opnfv.org/samplevnf/docs/release_release-notes/index.html 

Project Status 10':

  1. Gateway common refactored code to make it standard way of adding routes for both Direct Attached and Network attached interfaces. Patches Submitted under review and Merge WIP
  2. REST (Web interface to VNFs for modify/view the resources) API functionality implemented and tested.  Patches under review/Merge WIP.
  3. User guide and Developer guide DRAFT docs updated for samplevnf.
  4. Integration testing with Yardstick with VNFs done. Patches submitted for yardstick for issues identified during testing.

Topics: Postponed for next week as Deepak couldn’t attend todays call.

  • Heat templates for SampleVNFs
  • Plugfest       discussion
  • ONAP        integration?
  • SampleVNF        SFC? 

2017 11/09 - Next Week (16h00 UTC) 

Project Status 10'

  • Topics: 
    • Heat templates for SampleVNFs
    • Plugfest discussion
      • ONAP integration?
      • SampleVNF SFC? 

2017 04/09 - (16h00 UTC) 

  • Opens
    • None
  • Project Status 10'
    • VNF catalog is up 
      • Working on adding the VNFs to DB
    • Yardstick Automation check-in is WIP

2017 08/28 (16h00 UTC) 

  • Opens 5'
    • I (Anand B Jyoti) had joined late due to access issues, and realized no attendees. Hence updated the minutes. 
  • Action point follow-up 5'
  • Project Status 10'
    • E-Release Document templates and drafts created  (User Guide, Release notes etc) as per compliance requirements
    • Initial integration testing of VNF's with Yardstick WIP (Bug fixes)
    • Topics: ( Discussion moved to next week, as Deepak is not available today)
      • Heat templates for SampleVNFs
      • Plugfest discussion
        • ONAP integration?
        • SampleVNF SFC? 

2017 08/21 (16h00 UTC) ll continue now

  • Opens 5'
  • Action point follow-up 5'
  • Project Status 10'
    • MS6 - User guide update. 
    • NGIC (vEPC) will be available in SampleVNF.
    • Yardstick - all patches to do perf test on sampleVNF pushed to repo.
    • REST APIs for VNFs to help configure VNFs. 
    • Briyan: 
      • Heat template for VNFs?
      • Plugfest?
        • ONAP integration?
        • SampleVNF SFC? 

2017 08/14 (16h00 UTC) 

Canceled as team was working on MS6

2017 08/07 (16h00 UTC) 

  • Opens 5'
    • None
  • Action point follow-up 5'
    • None
  • Project Status 10'
    • OPNFV E-release pushed by 2weeks. MS5 is 11/8/17. 
    • Iben: 
      • Add documentation on the front page.
      • README in Github is empty. update with info
      • samplevnf etherpad update with supported VNF details https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/samplevnf
      • Discussion on using sampleVNF in opnfv-ravello-demo

2017 07/24 (16h00 UTC) 

  • Opens 5'
    • Pavan: How to get started on contributing on the sampleVNF. 
      • Create a JIRA for the features/VNF we want to add to the . (jira.opnfv.org)
    • David: Technical discussion on the sampleVNF in EUAG, ONAP usecases. areas like  development on sampleVNF like vEPC, vIMS. 
  • Action point follow-up 5'
    • None
  • Project Status 10'
    • MS5 - Feature Freeze - 7/28 - We are good (smile)
    • MS6 - Test Cases and Preliminary Documentation Completed
      •  Completed basic folder structure for the documents update.

2017 07/17 (15h30 UTC) 

  • Action point follow-up 5'

    • Jenkins was -1: Samplevnf is added to OPNFVdocs. - Done
    • Navya: Docker image for all the VNFs 
      JIRA
      serverOPNFV JIRA
      serverId96acfcf2-db1a-3859-891e-03a53e9315b0
      keySAMPLEVNF-50
  • Opens 5'
    • Sridhar: Can we have VNF images to SampleVNF repo?
    • Pavan: Calsoft Inc are working on SDN/NFV. What to try SFC and SampleVNF in there lab
  • Project Status 10'
    • MS5 -  Feature Freeze - 7/28 - We are good (smile)
    • Userguide for SampleVNF
      • basic template created
      • Next steps is to add design, requirements, userguides for Each of the VNFs
    • Noisy VNF  - Sridhar (Spirent)
      • Based on stress-ng 
    • PROX - Which is used for NFVi Benchmarking, L2 FWD, L3 FWD, BNG, MPLS etc and it also acts as a Traffic generator. 
    • Support for dpdk migration to latest version for  ALL VNFs - 16.04, 16.11,17.02,17.05 supported
    • Yardstick to test sampleVNFs - under review. 
    • arp/nd l2/l3 Stack - Under review.

2017 07/10 (15h30 UTC) 

  • Action point follow-up 5'

    • VNF catalog is in sample gerrit and kumar to work with helpdesk to create a VNF catalog webserver.
  • Opens 5'
    • docker support for sampleVNFs - 
      • Navya - KVM team to develop docker images for sampleVNFs. 
      • AR: Navya to create a JIRA in SampleVNF. Docker will be part of E-release?
  • Project Status 10'

2017 07/03 (15h30 UTC) 

  • Action point follow-up 5'

  • Opens 5'
    • None
  • Project Status 10'
    • VNF Catalog: Kumar pushed first patch set to samplevnf
    • Next step is to setup the webserver

2017 06/26 (15h30 UTC) 

  • Action point follow-up 5'

  • Opens:
    • None
  • Project Status 10'
    • Kumar: To push the VNF catalogue to the sample VNF 

2017 06/19 (15h30 UTC) 

  • Action point follow-up 5'

    • Updating JIRA with list of task. AR: All - Completed
  • Opens:
    • None
  • Project Status 10'
    • JIRA update completed. Listed all the task for E-release
    • Anand
      • Added VNF support to run on dpdk 16.11 to 17.05
    • Vishwesh
      • Support for new state machine for l2l3 stack (arp and nd) - testing in progress 
      • dynamic arp support for udp replay
  • Bug fix
    • Added support for re-try if the port configuration fails due to tx-offload feature
    • Added support to run VNF with more than 16 ports
    • Enabling dynamic timer setting for CGNAPT VNF
    • UDP replay Segfault issue;  

2017 06/15 (15h30 UTC) 

  • No meeting due to OPNFV summit

2017 06/01 (15h30 UTC) 

  • Action point follow-up 5'

  • Opens:
    • Bryan(AT&T): Discussion on how to use SampleVNFs for VNF onboarding activity and ONAP
      AR: Deepak to start a mail thread on the sampleVNF usage in ONAP
    • Bryan (AT&T): Weekly meeting conflicting with Test group meeting. Request to change.
  • Project Status 10'
    - Agreed to add VNF Catalog to <root folder> - (Kumar)
    - Vishwesh: Added UDP_replay to SampleVNFs
    - Deepak: Added VNF testcases into yardstick
  • - Identified and fixed bugs
    • Extending VNF to support more than 16 ports
    • Fixed segfault in UDP_replay while sending burst of packets
    • Anand: 
      • re-factored lib_acl & vFW code.
      • Perf optimization through prefetch and condition checks in CT
      • Moving VNFs to DPDK 17.05 support. Status?

2017 05/18 (15h30 UTC) 

  • Action point follow-up 5'

  • Project Status 5'
  • vFW Demo 15'

2017 05/11 (15h30 UTC) 

  • Action point follow-up 5'

  • Project Status 5'
  • SampleVNF in EUAG priority - Discussion (Reference VNFs )
    • Discussion on ReferenceVNF in EUAG on May 18
    • AR: Deepak: To send meeting invite to SampleVNF Team
  • vFW Demo 15'
    • Less participants due to openstack summit. Moving it to next week once we have more participants 

2017 05/4 (15h30 UTC) 

  • Action point follow-up 5'

  • Open:
    • David: Technical discussion on how  to use samplevnf project in end user advisory group priorities. (discussion in tech forum 2 weeks time. may 18th)
  • Project Status 5'
    • 2 bugs reported on VNFs

      • Issue #1: Unable to run the VNF on Socket 1. AR: Anand to add the JIRA item here. 
      • Issue #2: Unable to do link down on sriov setup (check for virtual connection is failing) AR: Vishwesh to create a Jira.
  • Plugfest update 5'

    • Got good feedback from stakeholder on filling gaps of testing OPNFV platform with approx VNFs (closer to real)
    • Discussion on adding one SampleVNF into funtest.

    • Added vACL/vFW performance characterization to yardstick  - Draft patch ready.

    • VNF Catalog demo and got community feedback on moving VNF catalog to sampleVNF project.
    • Decision on adding PROX VNF into sampleVNF project.
  • MS1 5' - Planning.
  • vFW15' - 
    • Overview about vFW VNF

2017 04/20 (15h30 UTC)

  • Kick start samplevnf project 5'

  • project Status 5'

    • Adding the VNFs that we added in the proposal 
      • ACL, CGNAPT, VFW, vEPC & vPE
      • VNF available in repo
        • ACL
        • CGNAPT
        • vFW 
    • Use the VNFs in models project to create a blueprint. (Bryan)
    • Add blue print in smaplevnf projects instead of models project.
  • JIRA creation 5'
    • JIRA all other activities. 
  • MS0 5'
    •  Sent mail about intent of participating in E -release
  • Docs/folder structure - AR: Deepak to create a document on folder strucutre and how to build and use VNFs.

2017 04/10 (14h30 UTC) – Re-schedule the meeting

  • Minutes: 
    • Re-scheduling the meeting due to many decline because of conflict with other meetings
    • AR: Deepak: To check with participants and schedule the meeting accordingly.
    • #topic MS0 : Sent mail to tech forum indicating the intent to join OPNFV E release

...