Published VNFs in SampleVNF repo:
- vACL VNF - Virtual Access Control List
- vCGNAPT - Virtual Carrier Grade Network Address Translation
- vFW - Virtual Firewall
- vPE - Virtual Provider Edge Router.
- UDP_Replay - reflects all the UDP traffic on the same interface.
Above sample VNF (Virtual Network Function) are optimized to give VNF/Network service for high performance on a given platform
- Prox - Packet pROcessing eXecution engine.
- PROX can act as both basic VNF and Traffic generator based on config for NFVi characterization
- PROXs as Virtual Network Function
- Basic L2 Forwarding (no touch)
- L2 Forwarding (change MAC)
- L3 Forwarding
- Load balance based on packet fields
- Symmetric load balancing
- Routing (vPE basic)
- basic ACL & nsh aware acl
- basic cgnapt & nsh aware cgnapt
- BNG - Broadband Network Gateway
- others like QoS, Policing, ARP, QinQ encap/decap IPv4/IPv6, GRE encap/decap etc
Lightweight 4over6Based on the config Prox can act as below VNFs
- PROXs as Traffic generator
- VNF catalogue
- An app to list/search for the VNFs available in opensource (in other repositories like github)
List Of VNFs
- In process of setting up the webpage to search/add VNFs into catalogue.
For more information on individual VNFs. Please refer Technical Briefs of VNFs
To be Published VNFs in SampleVNF repo:
- NGIC - next generation infrastructure Core (vEPC) - owner: Deepak
- Noisy VNF - Stres-NG based - Owner: Sridhar (spirent)
- TCP_Reflector – ???