|Project||PTL||Key Features||Key Benefits||Additional Links|
|What is new in your project for Fraser as compared to Euphrates?||How will these enhancements / features / bug fixes help users?||Are there any additional links / videos / presentation?|
- DPDK integration
- All Fuel@OPNFV key features also apply
- See Fuel@OPNFV key benefits
- OpenStack Pike support
- Support 3 Nodes ODL cluster
- New ovs_dpdk scenario with both external and VxLAN tunnel network accelerated
- Integrates with Doctor and YardStick
- Support Ceilometer+Gnocchi+Aodh
|User now can try containerized ODL cluster and containerized OVS+DPDK solution.|
- Support arm environment；
- Publish nfv-toscaparser for ONAP community
|ONAP use nfv-toscaparser as service template parser|
- Compute test support for VM
|Users can get a compute QPI for VM|
- OpenStack Pike
- ODL Nitrogen
- IPv6 Cluster Support
- Exploration of IPv6 in container networking (e.g. simple topology and solution for IPv6 with Docker)
- Simplified network configuration
- Evolving IPv6 towards containerized infrastructure
- add 7 test cases: neutron_trunk, patrole, juju_epc, k8s_smoke, k8s_conformance, stor4nfv and clover
- update test cases and containers to OpenStack Pike
- move the framework into a separate project: Xtesting
- ease running all containers thanks to default values
- clean interfaces with OPNFV Installers and Features
- rewrite all vnfs to allow multiple tests in parallel
- fully support non-default region names and Keystone v3 domains
- refactor all tempest-based test cases (e.g. refstack_defcore)
- remove obsolete OpenStack and Functest utils
- verify all changes via doc8 and yamllint too
- generate reports for all tempest-based test cases
- the enduser can run all tests by setting only one input (EXTERNAL_NETWORK)
- the developer can only work on the test suites without diving into CI/CD integration
- both OpenStack and Kubernetes deployments can be verified
- Functest test cases are trustable as they meet the best coding rules (unit tests, coverage, linters, etc.)
- Functest can be reused in other projects (e.g. ONAP)
- Vitrage support for local installer.
- Support for MCP and Daisy installers.
- Maintenance test case work started.
|User now can try Vitrage, pickup their favorite installer or seek into how infrastructure maintenance for NFV can be done.||Infrastructure Maintenance & Upgrade: Zero VNF Downtime with OPNFV Doctor on OCP Hardware||VES|
- OpenStack Pike support
- K8s 1.9/1.74 support
- New scenarios:
Users can not only deploy OpenStack, but also try K8s on X86/ARM via Compass.
Users can start sfc via opendaylight, barometer, open-sds and K8s enhanced network features from Fraser.
|High Availability||New test cases for VM HA, Hypervisor HA, SDN HA, and other key services HA in OpenStack||Enhanced High availability testing for OPNFV||Need follow-up|
- k8s based test cases tc080 and tc081
- more HA test cases from HA projects
- plugin-based test cases support heat context
- support existing network
- unit test and gating
- gui improvement about passing parameters
- ping between containers base on k8s
- support plugin test cases via python projects
- support using existing network in the SUT via heat
- user can pass config the test case via parameters
- Switched to SNAPS for OpenStack communication
Amar Based on JIRA, most of the work seems to be around supporting LaaS
1. 3 Additional tools support: Collectd, Intel-RMD and stressor/noisy-VMs.
2. Newer versions of OVS and VPPs
3. Better comman line configuration ability.
4. Enhanced T-Rex support - testcases, optimizations, feature-additions, etc.
5. Newer tests - Traffic Capture, OVS-DPDK regression, TRex-As-VM.
6. Better platform support: SLES15 is also supported now.
7. Specifications: long-duration soak tests.
8. Latest Pylint conformance.
9. Python Virtenv moved to Python-3.
10. Many minor enhancement and bug-fixes.
- Collectd reference container
- Added ansible scripts for configuration and deployment
- Added collectd 5.8 new plugins and updates (DPDK stats/events, mcelog, Intel RDT, Hugepages, IPMI, OVS stats/events, SNMP agent, virt, INtel PMU)
- Collectd is now easier to deploy and configure in OPNFV
- New platform metrics are available
|Barometer: Taking the pressure off of assurance and resource contention scenarios for NFVI|
Amar From JIRA:
- Automate Stable Branch Job Creation
- New testcase for symmetric chains
- Support for latest OpenDaylight relese ==> ODL Oxygen
- Supporting latest Tacker TOSCA vnffg descriptor
- Migrated to SNAPs-OO for openstack related calls
- Reduced footprint of SF image
- Support for opensuse OS
- SFC is now capable of providing quick feedback to the upstream projects on latest versions
- Faster testing of SFC scenario
- SFC scenarios successfully tested in opensuse, centos and ubuntu
- Testcase for multi-stack storage testing
- Testcase for long duratioin data-plane testing
- Testcase for security testing using Moon
- Refactoring testing framework for offline testing
- New monitoring dashboard supporting folded lines
- Support compute, storage and network stress testing while monitoring system behaviors for end user and developers
- Support security authentication tests for multi-cloud
- More consice and aggregated monitoring results for fast positioning issues
- Openstack Pike, OpenDaylight Oxygen
- New OVN based scenario
- PDF/IDF integration improvements, input validation
- Lab proxy support
- Full parameterization of cluster IPs and netmasks (where applicable) via IDF
- Support for deployments without a virtualized control plane (experimental)
- Major documentation improvements
- Jumpserver prerequisites validation
- Optimized MCP underlying tools
- Neutron trunk ports support
- Cinder storage on physical disks (was loop)
- Retpoline/kpti handling for performance improvements
- Retire legacy parameteres in favor of PDF/IDF alternatives
- Even faster deploys (virtual x86 noha takes less than 30 minutes), great for development work and trying out new features
- Lots of automatic checks have been added, so end-users are less likely to run into issues
Amar: I found this in JIRA:
- Pike support
- Pure Upstream deployment option
- Testcase for ODL's ECMP (Equal-cost multi-path routing) support
- os-odl-bgpvpn scenario with XCI
- Extensive ODL resync testcases
- Improved stability of Test case runs in CI setup
- Native L3 router support, i.e., VPP instead of the Neutron/OVS qrouter mechanism for scenarios which directly integrate VPP and OpenStack (using the networking-vpp ML2 driver)
- HA for L3 router for scenarios which directly integrate VPP and OpenStack (using the networking-vpp ML2 driver)
- Support for “Tap as a Service (TaaS)” for scenarios which directly integrate VPP and OpenStack (using the networking-vpp ML2 driver).
- Improved Prox documentation
- Adding Security gateway testing
- support for dpdk 17.11
- REST API support for all the VNFs
- Bug fixes for some of latency, pkt_size etc issues
- Added Zero packet loss testing in prox
New testcases and features in Prox helps to tune & benchmark the NFVi infrastructure.
REST APIs help for easy integration of VNFs to testing projects.
- Enabled Istio,Helm in Kubernetes.
- Support SR-IOV,Multus on ARM platform
- Add one containerized VNF
- Support VNF in different platform
- Using Helm to manage VNFs
- Help user to use cloud native techonolgy.
|Calipso (formerly Vina)|
- Support Contiv/VPP, Flannel in Kubernetes.
- Enhancement to impact analysis and clique_types for topology generations
- Add monitoring for physical and physical-virtual switch connection
- Scan and discover, monitor virtual networking in both OpenStack and K8s
- Analyze impact and visualize dependencies
- Modeled for Multi environments : Bare, K8s, OpenStack, VMware
- Improved Scenario Documentation.
- Scenario Support with JOID, APEX and FUEL installers.
|Help users to implement Service Function chaning and Mixed environment support with OVN.|
- support benchmarking for non-Openstack based systems
- more stable release
- better support for multi-chaining
- better support for SRIOV PVVP with vswitch between VM
- support fluentd based logging
- newer version of TRex
- newer version of testpmd DPDK
- over 30 Jira tickets addressed in this release
- tested on more platforms
- Integrate K8s with Ceph and OpenSDS
- Help users to use Ceph and OpenSDS with K8s
|Auto||First stage of integration of ONAP with OPNFV.||It makes more realistic how the service provider will manage VNFs. Validate ONAP in OPNFV architecture.|
Auto Use Cases
Fraser is initial release for Clover, which includes:
- Service mesh (Istio) installation and verification (including simple weighted route rules validation tool)
- Logging (fluentd), tracing (opentracing + Jaeger), monitoring (Promethus) installation and verification
- Sample componentized VNF that can run on top of Istio (and validated)
|Preliminary steps to demonstrate how to build and operate a VNF as if it is a cloud native application.||Need follow-up|