H release planning page: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/yardstick_release_h
Hunter Release Plan for Yardstick
Summary of Goals
The target of Hunter for Yardstick would be more DevOps featured for the developers and more usability for the users.
Yardstick in Hunter would like to support CD release mode, which requires to set up a new CD pipeline with several level of test/verify steps. New NSB test cases would be included, and more performnace test cases towards K8s would be considered. Also Yardstick try to shrink the docker image size in Hunter release.
- CD release requires a bare-metal hardware to be as production environment.
Detailed Requirements and Tasks
New test cases
- Test cases for Agnostic VNF - Extending it to support multiple VNF's
- Test cases for vBNG benchmarking
- Test cases for IPsec benchmarking
- Test cases for vIMS benchmarking
- Test cases for SD-WAN benchmarking
- Test cases for vCMTS benchmarking
- More Kubernetes performance test cases
- improve pip package dependancy on Openstack
- shrink Yardstick docker size
- split web gui part outside of Yardstick docker
- base image of Yardstick can be replace with a light os, e.g. alpline
- test cases renaming (
- Yardstick Web GUI user guide
- New test case description documentation
CD release requires to set up a new CD pipeline, it also depends on the hardware.