Page tree

Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

Meeting Archives: 2019/2018/2017/2016/2015/2014

Technical Steering Committee

Welcome to the OPNFV TSC page.

Information and materials relevant to the TSC are kept here, for information regarding OPNFV projects and releases please refer to those pages.

Official meeting minutes

Please note that the official meeting minutes of the TSC are taken on the #opnfv-meeting IRC channel and stored in the IRC archive:

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/

Any meeting minutes on this wiki page are to be considered complementary to the official IRC minutes.

Logistics

When (Normally): 6:00am - 7:00am Pacific Time (13:00-14:00 UTC 14:00-15:00 UTC Find your local time).

Call logistics (Zoom):

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/190726272

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,190726272# or +16699006833,,190726272# 
Or Telephone:
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): 
        US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 190 726 272
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/lWBuQ5ii

IRC irc.freenode.net

TSC Meetings

Future topics

January 28, 2020 <work in-progress>

    • Linux Foundation Anti-trust policy
    • Acting chair for today's meeting: Al Morton
    • Agenda Bashing
    • Attendance/Quorum (Proxy Identification)
    • Approval of Jan 7 meeting minutes and Jan 14 minutes 21 Meeting Minutes
    • Report of the Election Subcommittee Time Limit 20 min
      • Members: Cedric Ollivier Georg Kunz Mark Beierl Al Morton
      • Mandate:
        • Determine the Schedule and any details necessary to conduct elections for TSC Chair and the new role of TSC Vice-Chair.
        • Consult with LF as necessary.
      • Decisions and Proposed Schedule
      • Report and Discussion (Time check: leave 5 minutes for voting below)
      • TSC action: #vote  TSC approves the TSC Chair election schedule as proposed/modified?  Valid vote options are: +1 , 0, -1.
      • TSC action: #vote  TSC approves the TSC Vice-Chair election schedule as proposed/modified?  Valid vote options are: +1 , 0, -1.
    • Priority handling of Action Items from Prague OPNFV 2.0 Session    Time Limit 10 15 min
      • Discussion, selection of priority item(s), possibly create Subcommittee(s) to work specific items
    •  The Technical Whitepaper Working Group (workgroup of TAC) requires a volunteer to prepare the description of OPNFV (possibly combined with CNTT) 
      • Volunteer please!!
    • Student Volunteer Parth Yadav completed first assignment from VSPERF project.
      • Requires Approval of Certificate/Letter of completion.
      • Tech Discuss Meeting review 
    • OPNFV Project Reviews (Jim Baker)
      • ??  Time limit: 10 Min
    • Iruya Release Update (David McBride)
      • New release date  
    • Proposal email updates - discussion only if needed
    • LF IT/Infra update: (Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell)
    • Action Item Review
      Jira
      serverOPNFV JIRA
      columnskey,summary,status
      maximumIssues5
      jqlQueryproject = TSC AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC
      serverId96acfcf2-db1a-3859-891e-03a53e9315b0



January 21, 2020

    • Linux Foundation Anti-trust policy
    • Acting chair for today's meeting: Al Morton
    • Agenda Bashing
    • Attendance/Quorum
    • Approval of Jan 7 meeting minutes and Jan 14 minutes
    • Chair status: Bin Hu not able to fulfill his responsibilities through March 31st, 2020 Time Limit 20 min
      • Current members available as acting chairs: Al Morton Mark Beierl
      • Is there consensus on next steps?
        • Small TSC group met to discuss, see results of discussion in e-mail
        • Subsequent Email from Bin, re-iterating his status as temporary, not Abdication.
        • reduces options available for TSC to make re-organization clear post-Prague
      • TSC decision - leave TSC Chair vacant, election no-longer an option
        • Appointment of Acting TSC Chair until March 31st, 2020
        • If needed: Review Community Election Procedure
          • ad hoc Election discussion, timing, decision
      • Tech Discuss meeting on Jan 20, Further discussion - Jack Morgan has agreed to lead future meetings
      • Al Morton will represent OPNFV at the TAC meetings 
        Jira
        serverOPNFV JIRA
        columnskey,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution
        serverId96acfcf2-db1a-3859-891e-03a53e9315b0
        keyTSC-2
      • Clarification of Charter: only two TSC members from the same organization simultaneously. Al Morton
    • Current Proxy for Bin on TSC: Time Limit 10 min
      • Small TSC group met to discuss - Consensus to maintain Bin's appointed Proxy until March 31, 2020
      • Proposed Proxy Governance was discussed and Edited at Tech Discuss meeting on Jan 20
      • #vote or email vote? (now that the proposed Governance has been discussed on several occasions)
        • #vote text: Does the TSC approve the TSC Proxy Governance
          Jira
          serverOPNFV JIRA
          columnskey,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution
          serverId96acfcf2-db1a-3859-891e-03a53e9315b0
          keyTSC-18
    • New OPNFV TSC Role: Vice Chair: Time Limit 10 min
      • Small TSC group met to discuss, prefered Vice Chair over Co-Chair role
      • #vote text: Does TSC agree to create the new role of TSC Vice Chair, with responsibilities to assist the TSC Chair as assigned?
      • If Role created, propose election schedule (including nominations) with TSC Approval by e-mail

  • Proposal email updates - discussion only if needed
  • LF IT/Infra update: (Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell)
  • Action Item Review
    Jira
    serverOPNFV JIRA
    columnskey,summary,status
    maximumIssues5
    jqlQueryproject = TSC AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY priority DESC, updated DESC
    serverId96acfcf2-db1a-3859-891e-03a53e9315b0
     


January 14, 2020

  • Linux Foundation Anti-trust policy
  • Acting chair for today's meeting: Al Morton
  • Agenda Bashing
  • Attendance/Quorum
  • Approval of previous meeting minutes
  • Chair status: Bin Hu not able to fulfill his responsibilities
    • Current members available as acting chairs: Al Morton Mark Beierl
    • Is there consensus on next steps?
    • TSC decision - leave TSC Chair vacant OR election?
      • Appointment of Acting TSC Chair until elections can be held
      • If needed: Review Community Election Procedure
        • ad hoc Election discussion, timing, decision
    • Tech Discuss meeting (no meeting Jan 13) - Jack Morgan expressed interest
    • Al Morton will represent OPNFV at the TAC meetings 
      Jira
      serverOPNFV JIRA
      columnskey,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution
      serverId96acfcf2-db1a-3859-891e-03a53e9315b0
      keyTSC-2
  • Vote: Termination of project Service Function Chaining Manuel Buil
  • Upcoming email votes
    • Allow PTL git branch creation Mark Beierl
    • TSC Proxy Governance David McBride 
      Jira
      serverOPNFV JIRA
      columnskey,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution
      serverId96acfcf2-db1a-3859-891e-03a53e9315b0
      keyTSC-18
  • OPNFV Project Reviews (Jim Baker)
  • Iruya Release Update (David McBride)
    • New release date  


January 7, 2020

Meeting ended here.  Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2020/opnfv-meeting.2020-01-07-14.02.html


January 7, 2020

Meeting ended here.  Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2020/opnfv-meeting.2020-01-07-14.02.html




Table of Contents
maxLevel3
stylenone

...