- Provide a brief description of the change in the first line.
- Insert a single blank line after the first line.
- Provide a detailed description of the change in the following lines. Use breaking paragraphs where needed.
- The first line should be limited to 50 characters; should be written in present tense; and should not end with a period.
- Subsequent lines should be wrapped at 72 characters.
- You should provide a JIRA issue link, using this format: JIRA: YARDSTICK-XXX
- At the end of the commit message, you should include the Change-Id and the Signed-off-by email.
Title of the message in present tense Body of the message, describing the patch. Remember: less is not more; more is more. JIRA: YARDSTICK-000 Change-Id: Iccd000000000000000000000000000000000001 Signed-off-by: Name Surname <email@example.com>
Commit message content
The commit message must contain all the information required to fully understand & review the patch for correctness. Less is not more. More is more.