- This project will act a feature project which is responsible for defining RI scenarios that comply with the CNTT reference model and reference architectures.
- Work with upstream projects to defined RI details including detailed scenario descriptions and integration strategies.
- Work with relevant projects in OPNFV, including installer projects, testing projects, infrastructure projects, to integrate, deploy and test RIs as part of OPNFV release life-cycle.
- Implement a limited number of RIs that address CNTT reference architectures to meet operators’ requirements. Limit the number of RI to ensure limiting the VNF verification effort
- Develop test-cases and tools for testing RI. These test cases and tools could be used by the compliance program for verification and compliance.
- Work with LF Compliance and Verification Committee (CVC) to integrate RI, test cases and test frameworks within OVP compliance Framework.
As the Common NFVi initiative matures, project scope is expected to grow significantly. This project will periodically review scope and make recommendations to the TSC as to whether it should be split into multiple projects focusing on different areas, or whether it should remain a top level single project of OPNFV.
The project will act as the landing space for CNTT RA within OPNFV, and will be a starting point for creating RIs. The scope of this project includes:
- Work with communities of upsteam ingredients and with CNTT, to adopt Reference Architectures defined in CNTT
- Translate RAs into deployable scenario descriptions, which can be considered as Reference Implementations for CNTT
- Figuring out gaps for current components of RA, and work with upsteams or related projects in OPNFV to close the gap.
- Work with installer projects, to generate scenarios and deployable code packets for specific installers
- Work with testing projects, provide test requirements and test cases for RI testing
- Work with LFN Compliance and Verification Committee (CVC) to integrate RI, test cases/frameworks with OVP Framework.
OPNFV Testing Projects that are already looking to meet CNTT requirements with new features should continue to do so.
- This project intends to follow and adhere to the gates and quality criteria used by OPNFV.
- Reference implementation for Common NFVi
- Test Requirements for Common NFVi
Proposed Meeting Frequency:
- This project will meet on a weekly basis.
Proposed Release Schedule:
- This project is planned for the first release in 2020 Q1.