Project: Fault Management (Doctor)
Doctor is fault management and maintenance project to develop and realize the consequent implementation for the OPNFV reference platform.
The goal of this project is to build fault management and maintenance framework for high availability of Network Services on top of virtualized infrastructure. The key feature is immediate notification of unavailability of virtualized resources from VIM, to process recovery of VNFs on them.
Requirement survey and development of missing feature in NFVI and VIM are in scope of this project to fulfill requirements for fault management and maintenance in NFV.
- Doctor project "Solution Brief"
- Presentation Slides
- Presentation & Demo at Prague Hackfest (Feb. 24, 2015)
- Presentation at OpenStack Summit / OPNFV Hackfest (May 18, 2015)
- Demo and Updates at Santa Clara Hackfest (July 30, 2015)
- Controller, Presentation, Demo (video) at OPNFV Summit (Nov 9-12, 2015)
- Maintenance API at Santa Clara Hackfest (March 15th, 2016)
- Congress+Doctor, SFQM+Doctor at OpenStack Summit Austin (April 28, 2016)
- PoC Demos (Handout, Congress, Vitrage-Recorded Demo), Inspector(Vitrage/Congress), Doctor+SFQM, Deep Dive at OPNFV Summit 2016 (June 20-23, 2016)
- Keynote demo, Inspectors, DPDK stats at OpenStack Summit Barcelona 2016 (Oct 25-28)
- Updates, Doctor-QTIP: Faster, Higher, Stronger, Enabling Carrier-Grade Availability Within a Cloud Infrastructure at OPNFV Summit Beijing 2017 (June 12-15, 2017)
Key Project Facts
|View Git file|
- Dirk Kutscher (NEC, Dirk.Kutscher@neclab.eu)
- Palani Chinnakannan (Cisco, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Petri Kemppainen (Nokia, email@example.com)
- Tapio Tallgren (Nokia, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Zhangyu (Huawei, email@example.com)
- Michael Godley (Intel, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Andreas Ripke (NEC, Andreas.Ripke@neclab.eu)
- Maryam Tahhan (Intel, email@example.com)
- Gurpreet Singh (Spirent, Gurpreet.Singh@spirent.com)
- Iben Rodriguez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Victor Laza (Cloudbase Solutions, email@example.com)
- Alessandro Tosti (Telecom Italia, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dan Druta (AT&T, email@example.com)
- Balázs Gibizer (Ericsson, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wenjuan Dong (ZTE, email@example.com)
- Yuanzhen Li (ZTE, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Masanori Miyazawa (KDDI, email@example.com)
- Tomonobu Niwa (KDDI, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Yujun Zhang (ZTE, email@example.com)
- Woosung Jeon (KT DT, firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you would like to contribute to this project please add yourself to the contributors list and contact us. See also Developer Getting Started .