OVN SFC is a mini project work that involves Service Function Chaining of VNFs (VMs and Containers) on OVN - which is Distributed Control Plane solution on OVS.
This Project involves,
1. Understanding the challenges involved in SFC with OVN on VM, CN and VM + CN combined environments.
2. Automation scripts to realize SFC.
3. SFC in Three Environments: VM, Containers (CN), VM + CN Hybrid Environments.
4. Installer support - Any of APEX, JOID (Requires writing JuJu Charms).
Note: VM + VM based SFC is of first priority. CN + CN and VM + CN based SFC is of next level of focus.
- Ability to work and learn with minimal direction.
- Ability to work in upstream open source communities.
- General Linux skills.
- Strong Networking Knowledge.
- Knowledge on Containers and Networking.
- Knowledge of OpenFlow, OVN and OVS is required.
- Intermediate expertise in Python and shell programming.
- Jenkins or similar CI experience.
- Experience with configuration management tooling like Ansible or Puppet.
- Knowledge of APEX and JOID installers.
- Realizing SFC with VMs.
- Installation document.
- Installer scripts to Automation
- Integration to APEX, JOID installers.
- Unit/Functional test scripts to test the scenarios.
- Documentation for use cases, scenarios and installer help guides.
Project Plan and Milestones:
Comments (if any)
os-ovn-vmvm-sfc-noha - Single Node - PoC
The PoC is with Apex installer.
os-ovn-vmvm-sfc-noha – Apex Integration
Scenario Integration to Apex. +C
OpenStack Kuryr integration with K8S, Container and VM mixed environment support.
os-ovn-vmcn-nofeatue-noha – Apex Integration
Apex installer support for mixed environment. +C
(Test cases + UG)
Functional testcases and user-guide. +C
Note: +C : Collaboration with other OPNFV projects is required.
- ovn-sfc (no nsh)
- os-ovn-vmcn-noha - Hybrid Environment (ovnHE) - Apex Installer Support.
- ovn-vmvm-sfc-noha (no nsh) - APEX installer support.
- Feature and PoC documentation.
- Test cases for new Scenarios.
Desired project timeline/completion date:
6 Months (~ 20 hrs per week)
Mentor(s) & contact info:
|Week 1 (March 26th)|
|Week 2 (April 2nd)|
|Week 3 (April 9th)|