Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 334 Next »

This weekly meeting is for topics common across projects focused on testing (this is a good place to start if you want to get high-level status of the individual projects and learn about hot topics related to OPNFV Testing)

Test working group wiki page: https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/testing

  • Test projects should try to have a rep attend this meeting

  • New test related projects should be discussed in this forum to gain feedback from the OPNFV testing community
  • Agenda varies but typically is structured ...
    • 15 min report out / sharing by projects (high level status / plans)
    • 20 min discussion on test project collaboration topic/s
    • 20 min – share new test projects or other test topics

  • Usual time (this timeslot): Every Thursday 15:00-16:00 UTC
    Thursday GTM: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/819733085
    Access Code: 819-733-085
    IRC channel: #opnfv-testperf @ Freenode

Meeting Chair and Minutes Schedule

This is a proposed schedule for the weeks ahead.  Please feel free to sign up and change as needed.

Calendar


Subscribe now

  1. EDIT THE CALENDAR

    Customise the different types of events you'd like to manage in this calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  2. RESTRICT THE CALENDAR

    Optionally, restrict who can view or add events to the team calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  3. SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM

    Grab the calendar's URL and email it to your team, or paste it on a page to embed the calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  4. ADD AN EVENT

    The calendar is ready to go! Click any day on the calendar to add an event or use the Add event button.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  5. SUBSCRIBE

    Subscribe to calendars using your favourite calendar client.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs


Proposed Agenda Topics

To be planned

  • test plan (automatic documentation based on DB)
  • tooling catalog
  • testing coverage
  • monitoring and supervision
  • Traffic generator
  • Biterg Dashboard Training
  • general applicability of OPNFV test tools to (configuration for) non-OPNFV deployments

Action item

  • Alberto to arrange dashboard training session with testing results proposal  
  • Jack Chan makes a simple proposal for the resource aggregation based on Landing page     
  • Yang (Gabriel) Yu create page documenting the general purposes, users, requirements and designs after Jack has progress with the collection and proposal  
  • Yang (Gabriel) Yu will discuss the details with Fatih about the CI promotion  
  • Yang (Gabriel) Yu to update the link to document the agreement of long duration test  
  • Tim Irnich come up with proposal about scenarios of the special hardware required to different tests  

 

Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
    1. Yang (Gabriel) Yu to send email for collecting basic requirements from testing projects/community for long duration CI
    2. Yang (Gabriel) Yu to summarize the discussion in email and move forward the discussion
  • Topics
  • AoB
  • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-testperf/2018/opnfv-testperf.2018-02-01-15.03.html
    • Additional Notes:
      • AGREED: NFVbench could share the same timeslot with VSPERF and Storperf for long duration test
      • AGREED: QTIP provides its long duration tests list first and then discuss about the CI requirements 
    • The Biterg Dashboard training will be held next week on Feb. 8th in Testperf meeting. Materials will be sent out before that.
  • Actions
    1. gabriel will discuss the details with Fatih about the CI promotion
    2. gabriel to update the link to document the agreement of long duration test
    3. Tim come up with proposal about scenarios of the special hardware required to different tests


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
    1. Jack check the installer reporting patch and send out email to collect requirements for test resources
  • Topics
    • Requirements collection for long duration CI
    • Testing strategy for gating the release
      • determine the test cases we could use (Functest runs 5 tiers of tests under each scenario, using all the tiers as the gating test cases set could be a choice)

      • determine the rule for labeling stability level of each scenario (how we can determine the stability level, pass 4 times for level-1? 20 times for level-2? Or simply pass 10 times is stable enough?)

      • producing the stable scenarios set (for installers)
      • code and packages aren't frozen
      • all scenarios are released together 
  • AoB
    • Date of Biterg dashboard training
  • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-testperf/2018/opnfv-testperf.2018-01-25-15.02.html
    • Additional Notes:
      • Requirements collection for long duration CI
        • action on gabriel to send email for collecting basic requirements from testing projects/community for long duration CI
      • Testing strategy for gating the release
        • action on gabriel to summarize the discussion in email and move forward the discussion
        • Do not need to have different level of stability for scenarios
        • If we use all functest tests and design gating rules for all the scenarios, we could not use long duration pod/ci
        • the testing strategy for gating will last during the whole release process, however, it is really after MS5  that the gating strategy should be looked into. Before that the gating results are for reference only.
        • Ideally, after MS 5, scenario developments are not allowed. Only debugging works should be performed. Scenario owners should be responsible for "releasibility" of their scenarios and to make their scenarios compliant with gating rules after MS5 
    • AGREED: Biterg dashboard training will be held on Feb. 8th
      • Just note that David will have a meeting with Biterg guys, anyone has questions before Feb. 8 could also resort to release meeting or David for some answers too.
  • Actions
    1. gabriel to send email for collecting basic requirements from testing projects/community for long duration CI
    2. gabriel to summarize the discussion in email and move forward the discussion


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
    1. Jack makes a simple proposal for the resource aggregation based on Landing page
    2. Gabriel send out email for collecting questions from the community for the Biterg training
  • Topics
    • Discussion of testing resources and requirements/issues collection - Jack Chan
  • AoB
    • ONS proposals
  • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-testperf/2018/opnfv-testperf.2018-01-18-15.12.html
  • Actions
    1. Jack check the installer reporting patch and send out email to collect requirements for test resources
    2. Gabriel create page documenting the general purposes, users, requirements and designs after Jack has progress with the collection and proposal


Agenda -  - APAC Time: UTC 8:00-9:00 / PST  24:00-1:00 / Beijing 16:00-17:00 / IST  13:30-14:30

  •  Action points follow-up
    1. Alberto arrange dashboard training session (Will do, we also need to collect some questions as input for the training)
    2. Jack make the proposal of testing resources aggregation (Will do in next meeting)
  • Topics
    • Questions collection for Biterg Training session regarding the testing panel
  • AoB
    • Definitions aligned with plugfest and OVP document
    • ONS proposals of testing projects
  • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-testperf/2018/opnfv-testperf.2018-01-10-08.02.html
  • Actions
    1. gabriel send out email for collecting questions from the community for the Biterg training


Agenda -  - Usual Time: UTC 15:00-16:00 / PST 7:00-8:00 / Beijing 23:00-24:00 / IST 20:30-21:30

  • Action points follow-up
    1. Gabriel send out email to the PTLs involved in the Long duration testing for proposal to ONS next year
    2. Jack makes a simple proposal for the resource aggregation based on Landing page
    3. gabriel send out email to Cedric about the gating tests to initiate the discussion
    4. gabriel send out meeting invitation updated for 2018 meeting
  • Topics
    • Testing scheme for gating releases
    • Testing topics for ONS 2018 in March
  • AoB
  • Minutes: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-testperf/2018/opnfv-testperf.2018-01-04-15.04.html
  • Actions

 

Meeting Archive

  • No labels