Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Archives: 2018/2017/2016/2015/2014

Technical Steering Committee

Welcome to the OPNFV TSC page.

Information and materials relevant to the TSC are kept here, for information regarding OPNFV projects and releases please refer to those pages.

Official meeting minutes

Please note that the official meeting minutes of the TSC are taken on the #opnfv-meeting IRC channel and stored in the IRC archive:

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/

Any meeting minutes on this wiki page are to be considered complementary to the official IRC minutes.

Logistics

When (Normally): 6:00am - 7:00am Pacific Time (13:00-14:00 UTC 14:00-15:00 UTC Find your local time).

Call logistics (Zoom):

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/190726272

Or iPhone one-tap :
    US: +16465588656,,190726272# or +16699006833,,190726272# 
Or Telephone:
    Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): 
        US: +1 646 558 8656 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free)
    Meeting ID: 190 726 272
    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/lWBuQ5ii

IRC irc.freenode.net

TSC Meetings

Future topics

  • Armband termination proposal
  • DDF/Plugfest week of December 2

September 24, 2019

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
  • Pending Decisions
    • Vote on project termination proposal: IPv6 
      • Vote: "Does TSC approve the termination proposal for the IPv6 project? (+1, 0, -1)"
    • TSC Meeting Recording Practice (Mark Beierl) vote
      • Vote: "Does TSC approve the recording of the weekly TSC meetings? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Python 2 dependencies - EOL end of 2019 Cedric Ollivier Trevor Bramwell
  • CNTT in OPNFV update Qiao Fu         Mike Fix
    • Report on CNTT integration/testing status
  • SPC meeting update Trevor Cooper
  • Project proposal process Manuel Buil
    • Gerrit and tech-discuss
  • Wiki streamlining Mark Beierl
    • Enhance the OPNFV diagrams/messaging to include CNTT
      • Draft and review at TSC

September 17, 2019

These votes were deferred: 

  • Vote on project termination proposal: IPv6 
    • Vote: "Does TSC approve the termination proposal for the IPv6 project? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • TSC Meeting Recording Practice (Mark Beierl) vote
    • Vote: "Does TSC approve the recording of the weekly TSC meetings? (+1, 0, -1)"


Remaining items deferred due to lack of time

  • CNTT in OPNFV update Qiao Fu         Mike Fix
    • Report on CNTT integration/testing status
  • SPC meeting update Trevor Cooper
  • Project proposal process Manuel Buil
    • Gerrit and tech-discuss
  • Wiki streamlining Mark Beierl
    • Enhance the OPNFV diagrams/messaging to include CNTT
      • Draft and review at TSC
  • Results of release J & K name poll David McBride

Minutes

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2019/opnfv-meeting.2019-09-17-13.01.html

September 10, 2019

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No report this week
  • Iruya planning David McBride
    • Results of email vote on schedule. 
    • OpenStack version - Stein?
  • CNTT in OPNFV update Qiao Fu Mike Fix
    • Report on CNTT testing process
    • Strategy/vision of CNTT RI - how OPNFV can support CNTT
    • Seeking project approval by Sept 17
  • SPC meeting update Trevor Cooper
    • meet 2x/wk 
  • 2020 budget review
  • Vote on project termination proposal: IPv6
    • Vote: "Does TSC approve the termination proposal for the IPv6 project? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Release names Jim Baker
    • Voting open for "J" and "K" release names
  • Logistics: TSC Meeting Recording Practice (Mark Beierl)
  • ONS EU Unconference - Submit your proposals now!
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review

September 3, 2019

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • Infra WG volunteers needed
    • Community committer representative to the GB
  • Review progress for OPNFV FY20 budget
    • Vote on OPNFV budget
      • Vote: "Does TSC approve the budget as defined on the wiki? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Iruya planning David McBride

Minutes

Agenda was altered to accommodate FY20 budget review.

Version that was agreed to: 2020 planning - Community Input (v. 11)

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2019/opnfv-meeting.2019-09-03-12.58.html

August 27, 2019

Agenda

Agenda ended here, as time ran out.  

IRC meeting log for this week: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2019/opnfv-meeting.2019-08-27-13.00.html

August 20, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • TAC items
      • LF IT Modernization - WG volunteers requested
      • Committer representative to the LFN GB - process proposal review
  • CNTT in OPNFV update Qiao Fu
  • SPC meeting update. Trevor Cooper
  • Iruya planning
  • Community Elections David McBride
  • Internship program David McBride
  • ONS EU Unconference - Submit your proposals now!
    • OSS/Embedded Linux - ad hoc meetup?
  • Housekeeping - calendars, zoom bridges, record meetings Jim Baker
    • Creating groups.io calendars by topic area
    • Zoom bridges - moved zoom bridge1 to reservation based usage, zoom bridge2 continues to be open use
    • An ONAP practice is to record the TSC meetings - does OPNFV wish to record these meetings?
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...


Minutes

  • Meeting minute 2019-08-13 approved
  • Chair report
    • Update from TAC meeting 2019-08-14
      • LF IT modernization - TAC Infra WG proposals reviewed
        • Need a deeper dive utilizing the community and prior TAC Infra WG
        • Need volunteer to perform cost analysis and benefit/feature review
        • To engage: review Infra WG report and express interest via email from TAC
        • TAC meeting minutes
        • IT Moderization slides
      • Committer representative to the LFN GB - process proposal review
        • Get your feedback to Bin by: 2019-08-26
  • CNTT in OPNFV update Qiao Fu
    • Not able to attend
    • HW Profiles/Metrics focus of GSMA specification Trevor Cooper
      • Some discrepancies in the formation of the specs
      • Trevor to followup with CNTT RefModel meeting tomorrow
      • Bin Hu to provide a copy of the preso in advance of the meeting/meeting minutes
  • SPC meeting update. Trevor Cooper
    • Seeking input from OPNFV on 2019 goals - long term objectives and strategy. This is an on-going dialog - visit wiki page above to leave your comments
    • Have collected good feedback so far from individuals, please provide additional feedback to Trevor Cooper or add to the feedback Wiki page 
    • SPC feedback page 2019 Goals - LFN SPC (note page name "2019 goals" does not reflect SPC timeline which concerns long term strategy and planning
    • SPC is targeting the Sept. 26 F2F with Governing Board meeting for the first strategy proposal
    • 2020 LFN budget planning will be in October and based upon the strategy worked out by GB with SPC input2022020 LFN budget planning will be in October and based upon the strategy worked out by GB with SPC input0 LFN budget planning will be in October and based upon the strategy worked out by GB with SPC input
  • Iruya planning
    • To help understand the scope of Iruya, request PTLs edit Iruya Proposed Functionality to indicate their intended release content of Iruya.
    • Still determining structure of the release, usual milestones will be used once TSC makes decision.
    • Concern that further delays will put OPNFV two releases behind upstream
      • Focus is to pull in Iruya
    • Preliminary inputs due by: 2019-08-26
    • Seeking proposal from Release Mgr in next weeks TSC meeting David McBride
      • Part 1 approve top level planning
      • Part2 specific timing of the release
  • Community Elections David McBride
    • Election is underway - nomination closed Aug 7th.
    • Per community election process, we have one candidate vs "no confidence"
    • Election ends Aug 22
    • 2019 TSC and TSC Chair Election Schedule of Activities 
    • Today is the final meeting for the sitting TSC
      • David McBride expresses thanks to the volunteers of the TSC
      • Bin Hu returns the thanks to David for his contributions and TSC as a whole
  • Internship program David McBride
    • Review team approved 1 proposal - team reviewed feasibility of completing project in one intern term (Fall)
    • Internships typically run 6 mo and terminate at the end of the calendar year
      • Special case: Will continue stipend into 2020 from 2019 budget
    • In 2020, want internships on board by June so they complete by end of calendar year
    • Have some applications and starting to interview
  • ONS EU Unconference - Submit your proposals now!
  • OSS NA/Embedded Linux - ad hoc meetup Frank Brockners
  • Housekeeping - calendars, zoom bridges, record meetings Jim Baker
    • Creating groups.io calendars by topic area
    • Zoom bridges - moved zoom bridge1 to reservation based usage, zoom bridge2 continues to be open use
    • An ONAP practice is to record the TSC meetings - does OPNFV wish to record these meetings?
      • Could be useful to better document the events of the meeting
      • Are previous meetings ever viewed? Can we tell if they view the meeting?
      • Can accelerate access to presentation materials
      • Not a substitute for detailed minutes - keep the minutes detailed for quick review
      • Vote at next TSC meeting 
    • Minutes Taking
      • PM (Jim) prefers to use wiki to record his notes
      • Community will continue to keep IRC channel active
      • Any community members can take notes in IRC during discussion
      • Final minutes will be reviewed and approved after taking into account both wiki notes and IRC notes
      • We can continue to use IRC for vote, or need alternative to IRC

August 13, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes (past 3 weeks)
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No report this week.
  • CNTT in OPNFV update Qiao Fu
  • SPC meeting update. Trevor Cooper
    • No report this week.
  • LFN directional and strategy updates Heather Kirksey Arpit Joshipura
    • Importance of OVP/CNTT/OPNFV
    • LFN resource plans
    • SPC role
  • Iruya planning
    • To help understand the scope of Iruya, request PTLs edit <wiki> to indicate their intended release content of Iruya.
  • Community Elections 
  • ONS EU Unconference - Submit your proposals now!
  • Housekeeping - calendars, zoom bridges, record meetings Jim Baker
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...


Minutes

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes (past 3 weeks) - all approved
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No report this week.
  • CNTT in OPNFV update Qiao Fu
    • Slides shared in Tech Discussion on Monday
    • Basic approach OPNFV - morph to support CNTT - use the existing supporting test projects and CI/CDF work
      • Will need to add projects to address gaps
      • Continue to explore the gaps in the Monday technical discussion
      • Focused on installer projects - multiple installers = different scenarios 
      • Support diff kind of flavors (BNC) - are they diff implementations?
      • Understanding the reference implementation
      • Timeline
        • Sept - first ref arch
        • Q1 2020 - first ref implementation
  • SPC meeting update. Trevor Cooper
    • No report this week.
  • Iruya planning
    • To help understand the scope of Iruya, request PTLs edit <wiki> to indicate their intended release content of Iruya.
      • Jim Baker  Build a wiki space for possible feature scope in Iruya
      • Survey on Iruya timing still in process (24 respondents)  - closes  
      • Release process under discussion in Monday Tech discussions
        • Options - defer release until CNTT ref implementation can be supported OR keep 6mo cadence 
        • CNTT planning a ref arch release in Sept
  • Community Elections 
  • ONS EU Unconference - Submit your proposals now!
    • F2F OPNFV meeting at ONS EU?
      • TSC meeting will be held at the same time
      • Informal gathering would be desirable as well - pre-set a time, late bind on location
  • LFN directional and strategy updates Heather Kirksey Arpit Joshipura
    • Importance of OVP/CNTT/OPNFV
      • More inter-project collaboration required for the future of LFN
        • Will require some re-alignment of the ONAP/OPNFV/OVP release processes/cycles
        • Communication between the ONAP/OPNFV TSCs and PTLs will be essential
      • Want to continue the existing OPNFV projects while growing into the CNTT agendas
      • AT&T & Vodafone adding resources, China Mobile has some specific requirements
        • Expecting additional development resources for automation/tooling for CNTT effort
        • Expecting a 50% reduction of operator effort to deploy VNFs
    • LFN resource plans
    • Finance
      • 2020 budget process - will be rolled out in the coming weeks
      • LF IT modernization project 
        • H2 2019 roadmap to be revealed shortly
        • Longer term roadmap under discussion
  • Housekeeping - calendars, zoom bridges, record meetings Jim Baker DEFERRED TOPIC
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell DEFERRED TOPIC
  • Action Item Review DEFERRED TOPIC

August 6, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes from last week's meeting
    • No quorum - defer approval of minutes
  • Agenda bashing 
    • Qiao Fu requested an additional topic on the discussion on CNTT/OVP from the tech discuss meeting, yesterday.
  • Review of CNTT/OVP discussion
    • Qiao Fu Says that the team discussed when OPNFV will be able to engage with the reference model implementation.
    • The reference architecture is similar to OPNFV scenarios
    • Discussion will continue in next week's tech discuss meeting
    • Heather reminds everyone that there will be another CNTT F2F following ONS EU in Antwerp in September. Email was sent yesterday. 
  • PM update 
    • Heather Kirksey shares slide showing changes in PM & RM roles for OPNFV, ONAP, and OVP 
    • Jim Baker will continue as RM for ONAP through the El Alto release to give David a chance to get up to speed on ONAP release process 
    • Heather will be sending an email to the community summarizing the changes 
    • Heather will speaking to the ONAP TSC on Thursday
  • internship update (dmcbride, 13:47:11)
    • The TSC agreed to maintain the current schedule for internship proposals and move forward with the one proposal that we've received.
    • We will still have a review of the proposal to ensure that it is appropriate and feasible. 
      • David McBridewill organize a 1 - 2 day review with the same review team used for the first cycle.
  • Iruya planning
    • David McBride says that the poll was released to PTLs and active contributors yesterday.
    • Georg Kunz says that he believes that we should not hold up all releases until the CNTT reference implementation is available.
    • Rabi and Jonathan agree with maintaining OPNFV cadence and not skipping a release.

July 30, 2019

Agenda




  • Defer the approval of the July 23, 2019 minutes - deemed incomplete
  • Chair report Bin Hu
    • CNTT meeting in Paris July 23-25
    • Reviewed Rel 1 of the Reference model & Rel2 scope - etherpad captured notes for each section
    • Discussion on operational elements of implementing a reference implementation
      • OPNFV work items to be explored
    • Goal: 1 ref architecture by ONS EU
    • 2 day developer event following ONS EU (details to follow)
    • Ref model received much feedback with good alignment
    • Ref Architecture still under debate
    • Will other telcos share their ref architectures?
      • Deferred to a future discussion
    • AI - get CNTT information architecture sorted for LFN wiki/mailing lists etc. Jim Baker  
    • Was there consensus on the operational aspects of implementing the reference implementations?
      • Qiao Fu led discussion on OVP implementation plans 
        • Has a proposal for engaging the OPNFV effort to  CNTT implementation
    • Trevor Cooper thoughts
      • Good attendance and range of service providers engaged in discussion
      • Range of vendors - Intel, ///, Cisco, Suse, RedHat, Mirantis, IXIA, Spirent, IBM, Dell 
      • SDOs in attendance - MEF GSMA ETSI
      • Day1 - level setting
      • Day2 - reference model review
      • Day3 - Strawman ref architecture review
      • Strong alignment on problem stmt by operators
      • Scope - some differing opinions of the scope of the problem 
        • Phasing needs to be refined - concern of scope creep 
      • Keeping the spec/ref models/architectures/implementations
    • Georg Kunz
      • No concrete actions for OPNFV
    • Manuel Buil
      • There is interest in work beyond the scope of OPNFV
      • Sridar has some photo capture of a side meeting talking about OPNF
    • @Jonathan Beltran 
      • Share concern about scope creep
      • Action items coming from the meeting - 2 classes
        • Refine the spec
          • Continue to refine the Ref architecture
        • How to spin up the project work
          • Action plan for specialty topics - operational logistics, comms approach (mtgs/mailing/etc)
  • SPC meeting update  - none given
  • LFN demo for ONS - due tomorrow COB
  • Internship program update 
    • With insufficient proposals - TSC recommending extending the deadlines
    • Based on fiscal accounting - David McBride has this issue for resolution
    • Should the deadlines be pulled up earlier in the year?
  • Iruya planning
    • David McBride to provide the consolidated feedback from PTLs on the scope (pending issue)
  • Community Elections
    • TSC chair nominations due Aug 7
  • LF IT update
    • UI gerrit changing
    • Status Page
      • Includes a link for subscribing to updates
  • Action item review
    • Focus on PM needs
      • Frank Brockners concern on community development - re-energize the community - focus of the topic w/Arpit next week

July 23, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes from last week's meeting
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Chair report - CNTT update 
    • Bin Hu reports that six OPNFV TSC members are attending the F2F meeting in Paris. All major carriers and vendors represented. 
    • CNTT claims that reference model is 80% complete. Some skepticism about this among TSC members in attendance. 
  • SPC 
  • LFN demo proposals 
    • Proposals due July 31 
    • Manuel Buil says that he has submitted a proposal 
  • PM update 
    • David McBride says that Arpit plans to attend the TSC meeting next week to discuss PM status 
  • internship proposals for fall cycle 
    • Call for proposals for one internship position sent by email yesterday 
    • Min Yu says that part time internships are not available, since we have less than 6 months left in the year 
    • David McBride to discuss with Min to see whether there is any flexibility 
  • TSC election status 
    • TSC election will end tomorrow, July 24 at 5 p.m. Pacific 
  • Iruya planning 
    • Should we plan for a release before the end of the year, or delay a release until CNTT reference model implementation is available?
    • is it important to maintain historical cadence of two releases per year? 
    • Trevor Cooper says that we shouldn't release just for the sake of releasing.
    • Frank Brockners says that we convey a negative message if we miss a release.
    • Bin Hu is less concerned about a negative message.
    • Bin Hu suggested an informational polling to PTLs and see if they are interested in participating in Iruya release before the end of the year, and if they are interested, what is the intended scope of this release, e.g. new features, maintenance, technical debt etc.
    • David McBride to prepare SurveyMonkey poll to get PTL input on their participation and scope of Iruya release by the end of this year.

July 16, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes from last week's meeting
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair report
    • No chair report this week.
  • SPC update 
    • Trevor Cooper says that the SPC has prepared a draft questionnaire and is seeking feedback on the questionnaire before it is released.
    • Trevor Cooper asks whether we should start a thread about the questionnaire on tech-discuss list.
    • Bin Hu asks, what is the intention of the survey?
    • Frank Brockners says that the term "project" should be better defined in the questionnaire (i.e., does project mean "OPNFV" for example, or a sub-project like "Dovetail"
    • Frank Brockners says that there should be a question about the degree of involvement that projects want from SPC.
    • David McBride asks about deadline for feedback. Kenny Paul says that no deadline has been set so far; however, the SPC would like the feedback to be complete by the time that the SPC meets with the OPNFV TSC. 
    • Trevor Cooper to post questionnaire to mailing list for discussion.
  • PM update
    • Jack Morgan suggests that Arpit attend the TSC meeting to provide update, or Arpit can meet separately with TSC members. 
    • David McBride to follow up with Arpit regarding a briefing to the TSC about PM status.
  • Infra evolution
  • Iruya release planning
    • Frank Brockners is in favor of a small release at the end of the year to maintain cadence and to provide active projects an opportunity to share and promote their work.

July 9, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes from last week's meeting
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Chair report / SPC update 
    • Trevor Cooper says that the SPC has had a couple of meetings now
    • Current topic in the SPC is a survey to collect feedback from projects. How do the projects want to interact with the SPC? 
    • Trevor Cooper invites TSC members to make comments/suggestions now, or to contact him later.
    • Trevor Cooper reviews the purpose of the SPC
    • Bin Hu and Trevor Cooper suggest a standing agenda item in the TSC to update on SPC activity, although there may not have updates every week.
  • Marketing update 
    • Brandon Wick shares slides (see link in agenda)
    • David McBride comments on bullet showing Iruya release in Q$ '19 and notes that release may not occur until Q1 '20
    • David McBride asks about marketing/messaging about not having a release later this year. Brandon Wick says that this would be a good topic for MWG. Wants to involve Heather and Jill in discussion.
    • Frank Brocknerssays that we should discuss Iruya release at the next TSC meeting. 
  • Community elections
    • David McBride says that nominations close today at 5 p.m. Pacific.
    • We have about 17 nominations currently 
  • Survey (see link in agenda)
  • Release update
    • Hunter 8.1 download page goes live this week
    • Tim Rozet responded yesterday regarding Apex release artifacts 
  • IT/Infra update 

July 2, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Chair report 
    • There was a press release on LFN / GSMA agreement last week.
    • Heather Kirksey provides background on the press release.
    • The press release includes a link to register for the CNTT f2f meeting later this month
    • Also includes a link to the first draft of the reference model 
    • GSMA is requesting that members hold off on poll requests
    • Frank Brockners asks about remote conferencing for the f2f
      • Heather Kirksey says that the registration page linked in the press release includes Zoom conference call info 
  • Community Elections 
    • David McBride says that TSC nominations began over a week ago. Only 4 nominations have been received so far. 
    • Nominations close in one week on July 9 
    • Heather notes that CNTT work is going to shine a spotlight on OPNFV and nominations are important.
  • Community Awards
    • David McBride says that the vote on the awards ended on July 1.
    • See the agenda for a link to the award winners.
  • Airship Project Proposal 
  • LFN staff survey 
    • David McBride reminds TSC members to take the survey (link in agenda).
    • Survey ends July 10 
  • Release update 
    • Release vote passed via email - technical release yesterday
    • Download page will go live next week due to Independence Day holiday this week. 
  • IT/infra update 

June 25, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No report this week
  • Update on CNTT status - Jonathan/Ravi
    • Alignment of Iruya release with CNTT schedule
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Hunter 8.1 release scheduled for June 28
    • Vote: "Does TSC approve the release of Hunter 8.1? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • PM Discussion / Phil R departure
  • Community Elections
  • Community Awards 
    • Nominations closed Friday, June 21
    • Election in process (add link)
  • LaaS Project Proposal
    • Vote: "Does TSC approve of the LaaS project proposal? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Community survey
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • CNTT update 
    • Jonathan says that logistics are being finalized for the July F2F (July 23 - 25, Orange facility, NW Paris).
    • CNTT is awaiting feedback from OPNFV on timeline
    • Jack Morgan says that OPNFV is waiting for additional details from CNTT in order to assess timeline/plan 
    • Jonathan says that a lot of detail will be presented at F2F 
    • Mark Beierl asked if all TSC members are invited 
    • Jonathan said yes, presumably. But he didn't see the list of names yet, because Heather is working on the list of invitees.
    • Jonathan says that CNTT would like to get feedback at the F2F. 
    • Bin Hu suggested that all TSC members should be invited to participate in the discussion. It is up to each individual whether or not they can make it.
  • Release update
  • PM discussion 
  • Community elections 
    • TSC nominations began on Friday. Nominations close on July 9. 
  • Community awards 
    • Vote began Monday and will close July 1. 
    • Mark Beierl asks about the number of awards. David McBride says that we will have another discussion with the new TSC about reducing number of awards.
  • LaaS project proposal 
  • IT/Infra update
  • Action items

June 18, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No report this week
  • PM Discussion / Phil R departure
  • SPC Kickoff Trevor Cooper
  • Termination proposals:
    • Moon project
      • Vote: "Does TSC approve the termination proposal for the Moon project? (+1, 0, -1)"
    • QTIP project
      • Vote: "Does TSC approve the termination proposal for the QTIP project? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Proposed Community Election procedure changes
  • Community Elections
    • Active contributor data review ends Friday
    • TSC Nominations begin Friday
  • Community Awards 
    • Nominations close Friday
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Iruya release alignment with CNTT
      • Guidance to the community.
    • Hunter 8.1 release scheduled for June 28
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of previous week's minutes
    • No comments, minutes approved.
  • PM discussion 
    • David McBride says that PMs now reporting into Arpit 
    • Need to discuss community concerns about PMs with Arpit 
  • SPC kickoff 
    • The kickoff meeting was on Mon, June 17
    • The meeting lacked quorum, possibly due to calendar mixup 
    • Trevor Cooper  says that most discussion was about procedural issues 
    • Also discussed chair election process - one week for noms; one week for election 
    • SPC will review each project regarding budget and planning 
  • Termination proposals 
    • The TSC approves the termination proposal for the Moon project.
    • The TSC approves the termination proposal for the QTIP project.
    • Mark Beierl asks whether someone could re-open the project. Trevor Bramwell says yes. 
    • Outline of process:
      • git repo is marked as read only,
      • jira does not need any change,
      • wiki page is moved to archive,
      • releng JJB updated and jobs are removed )
    • Trevor Bramwell to investigate and propose changes to the termination process
  • Community election procedure change proposal 
    • The TSC approves of the proposed changes to the election procedure.
  • Community election status
    • David McBride says that the active contributor data review ends Friday, June 21.
    • TSC nominations wil also begin Friday.
  • Community awards status
    • David McBride says that award nominations close this Friday, June 21 at 5 p.m.
  • Iruya release planning
    • Bin Hu proposes using a rough schedule until we receive more feedback from the CNTT 
    • Schedule will be refined to specific dates once CNTT requirements are known 
    • Bin proposes to align Iruya release with CNTT schedule 
    • Bin Hu says April time frame for Iruya release
    • In October, we have release schedule worked out 
    • Between now and end of September, we prepare infrastructure and technologies, such as transition to CircleCI 
    • Projects currently relying on Apex or other legacy installers are free to move forward with XCI or other solutions as they see fit 
    • Individual project can choose which way to go, CircleCI or traditional OPNFV CI (Jenkins based) 
    • Each project decides which way to go 
    • Jack Morgan points out that XCI is part of community how as a subproject to releng. Outcome of proposal to make XCI a regular project should not influence whether projects use XCI, or not.

June 11, 2019

Note:  TSC members that are available will be meeting F2F at the LFN DDF+Plugfest, in addition to using the usual zoom bridge.  The day and time remain the same.

Agenda 

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • TAC meeting update
  • Community Election status
  • Community awards update
    • Extend the nomination period
    • Reduce award count
      • Reduce from 3 to 2: Code development, community leadership, testing, integegration
      • Reduce from 2 to 1: Interns
    • Vote: "Does TSC approve of reducing the number of awards for each category as described, and extending the nomination period for awards to June 18? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Iruya release alignment with CNTT
      • Guidance to the community.
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of previous week's minutes
    • No comments, minutes approved.
  • Chair report
  • Community election status
    • Active user data has been published, per the TSC approved election schedule.
      • Active user count is approximately half of what it was one year ago.
    • TSC Nominations scheduled to begin Friday 
    • Self nominations are ok, exceptions need proposal by another person in the community 
    • Review of proposed changes to election procedure
      • TSC-6 Georg suggests that the procedure should document that the TSC will meet to decide the length of the delay 
      • TSC wants to delay the schedule until the changes to the procedure are decided 
      • The TSC agrees to move the election schedule out one week, beginning with the nomination process. The new date to begin the nomination process is June 21.
      • David McBride will send mail to the TSC with a link to the proposed election procedure changes, for consideration at the next TSC meeting.
    • Discussion about reducing the size of the TSC.
      • David McBride says that the active user list is half of what it was one year ago.  This seems to suggest that the TSC could be smaller. Push-back on this assertion from several members.
      • The TSC agrees to leave the size of the TSC the same for now.
  • Community awards
    • David McBride says that nomination period ended June 7 without sufficient number of nominees
    • Should we reduce the number of awards.
      • TSC agrees that the number of awards should stay the same for now, but be reconsidered for the next round of awards.
      • The TSC agrees to extend the nomination deadline to June 21.
      • David McBride to send mail alerting the community to the new nomination deadline.
      • David McBride to send email thanking interns for their work during the Hunter release as a means to encourage nomination of interns.
  • AoB
    • Jack Morgan asks about status of notifying Phil that Jack / Frank would like to discuss PM status.  David McBride says that Phil was notified last week but is currently busy due to having just returned from vacation.

June 4, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
    • Update to minutes made per request from Bin Hu
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No chair report this week.
  • SPC Representative
    • Term - propose 1 year term aligned with annual community elections. 
      • Initial term would extend through next TSC term (~14 months, assumes re-election to the TSC)
    • There was one nomination (Trevor Cooper). 
    • Agree:  The TSC agrees to align the SPC rep term with the annual community elections, excepting the initial term, which will begin immediately and extend through the next TSC term (~14 months total).
  • Update on CNTT meeting in Barcelona in May (Jonathan/CNTT team)
  • F2F TSC meeting at LFN DDF+Plugfest on June 11 David McBride
  • Release update: David McBride
    • New release process status
      • Weekly community technical discussion
    • Iruya release alignment with CNTT
      • Guidance to the community.
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest update David McBride
    • Announcement on mailing list
    • Location and date
      • June 11 - 14
      • Kista Convention Center (Kistamässan), Stockholm, Sweden
    • Registration page is live.
    • Planning meeting on Fridays at 6 a.m. Pacific.  
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • SPC representative
    • David McBride says that we did not discuss the term for the SPC representative during our previous discussion.
    • David McBride recommends that the initial representative, Trevor Cooper , serve through the end of the current TSC term and the following term, assuming that he is re-elected to the TSC.  Thereafter, a new representative would be elected following the annual community elections.
    • The TSC agreed to align the SPC rep term with the annual community elections, excepting the initial term, which will begin immediately and extend through the next TSC term (~14 months total).
  • CNTT Update
    • Jonathan shares presentation with TSC (see agenda).
    • Frank Brockners asks about availability of CNTT Reference Model document.
    • Ravi says that the document will be available later in the summer.
    • Ravi reviews the table of contents for the Reference Model document (slide 3)
    • Jonathan presents a rough schedule of activities for the next year (slide 4) 
    • Frank Brockners says that the F2F should be advertised to the world (dmcbride_, 13:53:40)
    • Jonathan says that the intention is to include as many stakeholders as possible. Ravi points out that the event may be limited by physical space.
    • Frank Brockners notes some similarities to the OPNFV Genesis project and understands the challenge of the task that CNTT is attempting.
    • David McBride notes that the other proposal, mentioned in last week's meeting, is not on the timeline.  Mark S. says that that proposal is unrelated to the project proposal that is expected to come out of the f2f in July.
    • David McBride notes that OPNFV does not have governance that supports the "umbrella" project described in the timeline in the presentation.  Perhaps this could be a work group, instead? Otherwise, the TSC may need to devise some supporting governance.
    • David McBride suggests adding another milestone, prior to the last milestone in the timeline, for a plugfest event to work on the CNTT reference platform implementation(s) that come out of the Iruya release.
  • TSC F2F at the LFN DDF+Plugfest on June 11, 3 p.m. (UTC+2), Room M3
    • David McBride says that TSC members attending the LFN DDF+Plugfest will meet f2f, in addition to the usual Zoom bridge.  The time will remain the same.
    • No objections to this suggestion.

May 28, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
    • Update to minutes made per request from Bin Hu
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Reschedule Hunter 
      • Push Hunter 8.1 out two weeks to June 28 to avoid overlap with Plugfest
      • Cancel Hunter 8.2
    • New release process status
      • Weekly community technical discussion
    • Iruya release alignment with CNTT
      • Guidance to the community.
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest update
    • Announcement on mailing list
    • Location and date
      • June 11 - 14
      • Kista Convention Center (Kistamässan), Stockholm, Sweden
    • Registration page is live.
    • Planning meeting on Fridays at 6 a.m. Pacific.  
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review) Frank Brockners
    • List of suggested tasks (sub-tasks of TSC-31):  TSC-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Chair report
    • TAC meeting May 22
      • Minutes
      • TAC voted to approve lifecycle update
      • TAC Infra WG Recommendations
      • Bin Hu suggests that OPNFV should follow the Infra WG recommendation
      • Jack Morgan says that we need someone to lead a transition
      • Bin Hu suggests forming a working group for the transition
      • Trevor Bramwell emphasizes that this was a recommendation and not a hard requirement
      • Bin Hu volunteers to form a working group for the transition
      • Jack Morgan points out that we already have an infra working group
      • Jack Morgan says that we should just have an individual take on the transition and work with the TAC infra WG
      • David McBride points out that the TAC infra WG is shutting down now that they have made a recommendation
      • Bin Hu suggests working with the existing OPNFV infra WG instead of forming a new WG
      • Trevor Bramwell says that the Infra WG has not been meeting
      • Jack Morgan says that if the Infra WG has topics, such as an infra transition, then the meetings could be restarted
      • Bin Hu will lead the transition, initially, then hand off to another TSC member. Bin will determine whether to have discussions with the Infra WG.
      • David McBride points out that this plan might also be an opportunity to plan how to use the infra evolution funds that the TSC put into this year's budget, for which there is currently no plan.
      • The TSC agrees with the recommendation from the TAC infra WG and will investigate how best to implement the recommendation within OPNFV.
  • Release update
    • David McBride proposes the following changes to the Hunter release schedule:
      • Move Hunter 8.1 to June 28 to avoid overlap with LFN DDF+Plugfest, June 11-14
      • Cancel Hunter 8.2 - likely conflicts with mid-summer vacation. Also, no compelling reason for this release.
      • The TSC approves the proposal to change the date for Hunter 8.1 to June 28 and to cancel Hunter 8.2
    • Release process discussion in the weekly tech discuss meeting. Resumes next Monday.
    • Iruya release planning
      • Should we have a normal cadence, longer cadence, or shorter cadence?
      • Frank Brockners suggests getting feedback from PTLs
      • When will CNTT proposal for new project in OPNFV be available?
      • Jonathan (CNTT) confirms that CNTT plans to have a proposal for a new OPNFV project following f2f meeting in the second half of July.
      • Jonathan (CNTT) asks what information does the TSC need.
      • David McBride says that a schedule for releasing profile definitions would be helpful.
      • Frank Brockners asked if CNTT would have project proposal that late in August.
      • Bin Hu clarified that what Jonathan says is a big project proposal that covers everything, like Genesis project of OPNFV in the past that is umbrella of some other projects
      • Bin Hu said that new project proposal will be shared in a couple of weeks
      • Jonathan (CNTT) confirmed that is correct
      • Jack Morgan asked if new project proposal will go through weekly technical discussion etc.
      • Bin Hu confirmed that everything will go through normal process of OPNFV
  • PM tasks
    • TSC previously approved Jira tickets of PM roles and priorities
    • Frank Brockners said there are critical and high priorities
    • Jack Morgan suggests having a conversation with Phil
    • We are missing PM role for 10 months, which is not good
    • Frank Brockners says that the task prioritization is complete
    • David McBride points out that the tasks are not prioritized individually, but rather in groupings. Phil specifically requested a prioritized list.
    • Frank Brockners and Jack Morgan want to move forward with a conversation with Phil about the PM role
    • David McBride will raise the issue with Phil when he returns from vacation.

May 21, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • LFN Board Meeting 
  • New WG Proposal Review and Approval
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Reschedule Hunter 
      • Push Hunter 8.1 out two weeks to June 28 to avoid overlap with Plugfest
      • Cancel Hunter 8.2
    • New release process status
      • Weekly community technical discussion
    • Iruya release alignment with CNTT
      • Guidance to the community.
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest update
    • Announcement on mailing list
    • Location and date
      • June 11 - 14
      • Kista Convention Center (Kistamässan), Stockholm, Sweden
    • Registration page is live.
    • Planning meeting on Fridays at 6 a.m. Pacific.  
  • Readout on CNTT meeting Heather Kirksey
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review) Frank Brockners
    • List of suggested tasks (sub-tasks of TSC-31):  TSC-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Chair report
    • Update on LFN Board meeting 
      • Bin Hu refers to message sent to mailing list 
      • Discussion about update to project lifecycle
      • Strategic planning committee proposal
      • SPC approve by LFN board 
      • Bin Hu says that SPC is advisory
      • Bin Hu shares slide deck regarding SPC (see attachment to message linked above)
      • Frank Brockners and Jack Morgan suggest that OPNFV representative to SPC should be someone other than TAC rep, due to significant time commitment 
      • How should we select a rep to the SPC? 
      • Jack Morgan suggests self-nominations, followed by a vote 
      • If we have a single nomination, then that person will be designated as the rep 
      • One person may nominate another if that person agrees
      • Nominees must be a TSC member 
      • Heather describes purpose of SPC 
      • David McBride to send request for nominations to the mailing list Update on LFN Board meeting
  • Closed Loop Automation Working Group proposal
    • David McBride notes that this WG proposal has been discussed at meeting prior to ONS, as well as weekly tech discussion 
    • sunku ranganath presents slide deck overview 
    • Catherine indicated that slide#5 is being worked on in ONAP already 
    • Catherine Lefevre (ONAP TSC Chair) asks about alignment within ONAP 
    • Sunku clarified that the intention is to be complementary, and he already communicated with ONAP WGs / projects 
    • Frank Brockners asked what is the expected output, code or forum? 
    • Sunku clarified that the work could be done in projects, such as Doctor, Bottleneck projects 
    • WG work include use case, gap analysis etc. 
    • So it is purely a WG, and work in projects
    • The TSC approves the new closed loop automation working group
  • CNTT Meeting Report from Heather
    • Status of service providers 
    • Agreed to rough timeline
    • Draft document (model) available for feedback toward the end of June 
    • f2f desired in late July
    • CNTT would like to have consensus by the time that ONS EU occurs (Sept 23)
    • LF and GSMA developing agreement to work together 
    • Frank Brocknersasks about timeline for project proposal 
    • Heather says that proposal may come out of f2f workshop in July
    • Bin Hu Bin says that there will be one or more technical proposals that prepare the technology, e.g. YAML, for implementing CNTT/GSMA specs soon, prior to the F2F workshop in July
    • Frank Brockners asks about Iruya schedule 
    • David McBride shares slides from slide deck regarding Iruya release last week (dmcbride, 13:58:03)
    • Bin Hu proposes aligning Iruya with CNTT deliverables 
  • Review of meeting notes
    • David McBride asks if anyone has any concerns about the meeting notes - no response 
    • David McBride invites TSC to contact him during the weeks if there are any issues with the notes

May 14, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No chair report this week
  • Marketing Update Brandon Wick
    • OPNFV / Hunter messaging
    • Kubecon Europe
  • Auto project termination proposal David McBride Tina Tsou
    • termination proposal
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of the proposal to terminate the Auto project? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Hunter download page goes live today
    • Iruya release decision timetable
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest update
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review) Frank Brockners
    • List of suggested tasks (sub-tasks of TSC-31):  TSC-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Marketing Update
    • Brandon Wick shares a slide deck
    • Heather is at CNTT meeting in Barcelona this week. Will get readout to the TSC in the coming weeks. 
    • Brandon invites community to the monthly MWG meeting on May 16.
    • Need volunteers for LFN booth at Kubecon Europe. Please sign up by May 16. Marketing update 
  • Termination proposal for the Auto project
    • Tina Tsou reviews the termination proposal with the TSC.
    • The TSC approves the proposal to terminate the Auto project.
  • Release update
    • David McBride says that the Hunter download page goes live today.
    • Hunter 8.1 is scheduled for June 14. May need to move due to overlap with Plugfest. Will come back to TSC with proposal. 
    • David McBridepresentation on issues affecting Iruya release planning and TSC decision points.

May 7, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest update
  • Release update: David McBride
    • MS8 - end of formal testing - May 7
    • MS9 - finalize documentation - May 8
    • MS10 - cleanup JIRA - May 9
    • MS11 - tag for initial release - May 10
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of proceeding with the Hunter release as planned? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review) Frank Brockners
    • List of suggested tasks (sub-tasks of TSC-31):  TSC-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Chair report
    • Followup on Bin Hu AI from last week regarding decision process for plugfest
    • Bin Hu presents slides regarding strategy discussion
      • Need to identify deliverables as part of strategy discussion 
      • Need to identify top priorities 
      • Bin Hu proposes that the TSC agree to the priorities presented 
      • Frank Brockners suggests waiting until we have the project proposal for GSMA interaction
  • Plugfest update
    • Jack Morgan asks about the goal of raising the issue about the planning process for plugfest 
    • Bin Hu says that the goal is to ensure that OPNFV has the option in the future to have an independent event 
    • Discussion about plugfest planning
    • Jack Morgan says that we need Plugfest planning meeting - perhaps next weekly tech discuss meeting? 
    • Added TSC-46 - Getting issue details... STATUS to capture the need for plugfest planning as part of the OPNFV PM tasks
  • Release update 
    • David McBride to summarize status to the mailing list 
    • Need a vote by Thursday, May 9 
  • AoB 
    • TSC would like an update on the marketing message for Hunter 
    • David McBride to coordinate with Brandon to present next week 
    • frankbrockners and bh526r emphasize that TSC must approve marketing message before it's released 


April 30, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • Bin is at the OpenStack Summit in Denver.  Happy to meet with any OPNFV members who are also attending.
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest
    • New name that recognizes wider involvement across LFN.
    • Location and date
      • June 11 - 14
      • Kista Convention Center (Kistamässan), Stockholm, Sweden
    • Encourage remote connections vs. onsite hardware.
      • We have a limited number of suitable sites and requiring hosts to support onsite hardware reduces the number of available locations and the effort of the host.
      • We will still set aside a separate room for plugfest participants.
      • Projects may still bring hardware to plugfests if they wish, but they must make their own arrangements with the host and support is not guaranteed.
    • Winter plugfest
      • ONAP would like to move the next LFN DDF and Plugfest after the June event to Feb/Mar 2020 due to a change in release cadence.
  • License scans
    • Projects will be contacted  by Steve Winslow regarding license scan issues.
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review) Frank Brockners
    • List of suggested tasks (sub-tasks of TSC-31):  TSC-31 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Release update: David McBride
    • MS8 - end of formal testing - May 7
    • MS9 - finalize documentation - May 8
    • MS10 - cleanup JIRA - May 9
    • MS11 - tag for initial release - May 10
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
    • Note:  it seemed that Cedric Ollivierhad an issue with the minutes, due to an email that he sent prior to the meeting; however, he later clarified that his issue was not the minutes, themselves, but a topic referred to in the minutes. 
  • Chair report 
    • Bin is at OS Summit this week and invites members to connect with him if they're available.
  • LFN DDF and Plugfest 
    • David McBride says that LFN is encouraging attendees to use remote connections, rather than bringing hardware to the site, as in the past.
      • LFN will no longer vet host sites based on their ability to support hardware.
      • Plugfest participants will be provided with a dedicated room
      • Attendees may still bring hardware if they wish, but they must make arrangements directly with the site host and there is no guarantee that the hardware will be supported.
    • Kenny Paul says that the reg page should be available today.
    • The winter event may be pushed out to Feb/March 2020, instead of Dec/Jan, as usual. The TSC will need to decide whether to participate.
    • Frank Brockners  asks whether OPNFV could align its release cadence with ONAP, in order to have a release available for a Feb/Mar plugfest. David McBridesays that it's possible.
    • Jack Morgan asks whether we have a location lined up for the next event. Kenny says that there is ongoing activity to find a location, but no location has been identified, yet. 
    • Bin Hu will send message to TAC and ask TAC's Board Representative regarding:
      • the decision process of having a LFN PlugFest, i.e. whether or not it needs each TSC's approval according to Governance model
      • Individual Project's needs to have its own PlugFest that is critical to achieve its strategic priority
      • The "decision process" question was raised by Jack Morgan
  • License scanning 
    • David McBride informs the TSC that Steve Winslow is taking over the process of contacting projects regarding license scan issues, so project leads should be sure to review his emails, either directly, or to the opnfv-leads mailing list.
  • TSC focus areas/tasks (incl. PM Task Review)
    • David McBride will organize TSC-31 by sub-task prioritization to help the TSC visualize the PM task list
    • TSC approves the task list (TSC-31), but may require further revision
    • Bin Hu will send a message to LFN regarding ownership of OVP PM, and related budget
  • AoB
    • Cedric Ollivier: Python2 ends next 1rt January. As Functest is 8 month in advance regarding OPNFV releases, Functest can safely switch to python3.

April 23, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes 
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No chair report this week
  • Common NFVi update (CNTT / GSMA representatives)
  • Release update: David McBride
    • MS8 - end of formal testing - May 7
    • MS9 - finalize documentation - May 8
    • MS10 - cleanup JIRA - May 9
    • MS11 - tag for initial release - May 10
  • Standing Items if time permits:

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes 
    • No comments, minutes approved for the past two meetings.
    • CNTT/GSMA Representative:
      • Rabi (Vodafone),
      • Vincent (Orange) and
      • Jonathan (AT&T) 
    • Rabi introduced himself and Jonathan and started to present 
    • Rabi started with Problem Statement
    • Rabi indicated that GSMA is defining a standard 
      • i.e. NFVi abstraction and profiling 
    • Frank Brockners asked "Is there an example available that shows how a SW profile looks like?" 
      • Rabi gave an example, e.g. service chaining with NSH 
      • Rabi said it is human-readable configuration 
    • Rabi also introduced Roadmap of defining this standard, e.g. getting input from CNTT to GSMA PRD, and also feedback from OPNFV 
    • Then Rabi described the GAP of consuming the standard of Common NFVi 
      • i.e. No place in industry of implementing the reference implementation of common NFVi models, and profiles are needed 
      • Vincent added that this is ongoing work 
    • Jonathan continued introduction of VNF Certification Lifecycle, in particular about Verification on NFVi without MANO 
    • Jonathan explained CNTT group (Common NFVi Telco Task Force) 
    • Jonathan says that program is MANO agnostic 
    • Trevor Cooper asked how Task Force is a formal group, i.e. how does it operate 
      • Mark Cottrell answered that Task Force intends to be short-lived. It stands up with common standards with GSMA, continues improvement with work of GSMA and OPNFV, give updates to OPNFV, e.g. OVP ecosystem. Ultimately, Task Force will become operational within OPNFV 
      • Trevor said then feedback will go away 
      • Mark C clarified that TF may become part of OPNFV. Feedback will still be there 
    • Rabi added that TF intends to accelerate industry work 
    • Jack Morgan asked if the ask of "project" is an OPNFV project or LFN project 
      • Jonathan clarified that it would be an OPNFV project, however collaboration can work out
    • The real key is the sponsorship 
    • Mark C added that the real key, as Rabi indicated, is to accelerate the industry 
    • Jonathan added that we become OPNFV can become the Gold Standard of common NFVi, that is the ultimate goal
    • Rabi said that OVP has huge potential. In order to make it successful, we believe that we need right tooling. By having OPNFV to look into the RI of NFVi, it will help OVP. 
    • Jack Morgan suggested we may need deep technical discussion in Weekly Technical Discussion
    • David McBride  asked how to start new project? what is the plan? Will CNTT write a proposal? Staffing? 
      • Mark C clarified that we may need more discussion on that, e.g. resources. 
    • CNTT will meet in Barcelona to work out more details.
    • The reality is that we cannot do it all by ourselves, and we need support from community and LFN 
    • The combination of both operators (e.g. Vodafone, Orange, AT&T) and OPNFV community resources 
    • Rabi added that e.g. FuncTest project, plus performance testing etc. 
    • A combination of what OPNFV is working on today (testing), plus a new structure if needed 
    • David McBride suggested that CNTT puts together a proposal of new project for TSC approval 
    • Jack Morgan added that his suggestion is to help CNTT by detailed discussion in weekly technical discussion, and help CNTT to work out and polish a new project proposal for TSC approval 
    • Bin Hu summarized that based on discussion and suggestion, the path include: 
      • CNTT continues to work out first draft of common NFVi model 
      • OPNFV and CNTT collaborate for detailed technical discussion in weekly technical meeting 
      •  OPNFV and CNTT collaborate to work out new project proposal for TSC approval Common NFVi Update 
    • Release update 
      • David McBride gave an update of Hunter release 
      • David McBride will bring new release process proposal to weekly technical discussion 
  • TSC focus areas (dmcbride_, 13:55:39)
  • AoB 
    • Jack Morgan asks Bin about how to propose items for the weekly tech discuss meeting 
    • Bin Hu says that agenda items may be emailed to him, or the tech discuss meeting wiki may be updated directly

April 16, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes 
    • No comments, minutes approved for the past two meetings.
  • OVP strategic vision 
  • Hunter release key points for Amar
    • David McBride asks PTLs to respond to Amar's email with key points about their projects for the Hunter release
  • CFP for Kubecon 
  • IT/Infra update 
    • Trevor Bramwell says that IT had to restart Jenkins 
    • Applied security update to Confluence 
    • ARM POD issue is being addressed. See email thread for details. 
    • Al Morton says let's sort out that Tech Discuss announcement for next week

April 9, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes 
    • No comments, minutes approved for the past two meetings.
  • Chair report
    • Readout from April 2 developer gathering at Intel
    • Minutes 
  • Marketing update 
    • Brandon Wickshares slide deck 
    • David McBride to add events in slide deck to OPNFV community events page 
    • Call for participation in VCO demo 
    • Trevor Cooperasks whether we could have a representative from VCO give an overview to the TSC.
    • Brandon Wick offers to put a slide deck together and come back to the TSC with a presentation on VCO.
  • Creating a common telco NFVi
    • Common NFVi Telecom Task Force presentation
    • Jack Morgan says that this discussion would be better in the weekly tech discussion meeting 
    • Trevor Cooper points out that this initiative has strategic implications and is therefore appropriate for the TSC 
    • David McBride suggests continuing a high level discussion in the TSC, but reserving technical details for the tech discuss meeting. Will confer with Bin to determine a solution.

April 2, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes 
    • Due to a lack of quorum, approval of minutes is deferred until next week.
  • Chair report 
    • Bin Hu reminds the TSC of the developer gathering at Intel today, 9 - 5, followed by dinner onsite.
  • Focus area / tasks for LF PM / RM 
    • TSC-19 - Frank Brockners  suggests developing and presenting a release process proposal to the TSC for discussion 
      • David McBride points out that community involvement has been lacking.
      • Jack Morgan says that the release process should not necessarily be driving by LF. Better to be driven by the community.
      • Jack Morgan suggests presenting proposal to the weekly community tech discuss meeting, gaining consensus, followed by presentation to the TSC.
      • Bin Hu suggests syncing on Friday to decide on timing for presentation
    • Multiple JIRA issues task the PM to setup meetups at various events (ONS, Kubecon, etc.).
      • David McBride points out that there is no budget to support those meetups.
      • Frank Brockners says that if the meetup is hosted by a community member organization, with no registration or other administration, and attendees pay for their own meals, then there should be no cost, other than the effort of the PM.
      • David McBride to confer with Phil and get back to the TSC.
    • David McBride to identify PM tasks in JIRA that have not yet been identified
  • Release update 
    • MS7 - branch was on Friday, March 29 
  • IT/Infra update
  • AI review (dmcbride, 13:59:46)
    • David McBride asks TSC members to review proposed updates to TSC procedures document, regarding guidelines for proxies, that are documented in TSC-18, which will be discussed and voted on at a future TSC meeting. 

Mar 26, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes 
  • Chair report 
  • Ad hoc election status
    • David McBride says that nominations close today 
    • It appears likely that we will have just one nominee 
    • The TSC agrees to proceed with an election with one nominee, along with an option to vote "no confidence" 
  • Intern selection process 
    • Two projects have been approved and the mentors have been notified
    • Qiao Fu asks about the duration of the internship (4 - 6 months possible?) 
      • David McBride to check with Min and respond to Qiao Fu with an answer 
  • Promise project termination proposal 
    • The TSC approves the proposal to terminate the Promise project.
  • PM task documentation and prioritization 
    • Frank Brockners suggests using JIRA to document tasks, followed by a review and prioritization by the full TSC. Wants to avoid a separate working group.
    • Frank Brockners proposes that community members add tasks to JIRA then review next week
    • David McBride to send email to community soliciting JIRA issues to document PM and RM tasks 
  • Release update 
    • MS7 - this Friday, March 29 
  • IT/Infra update 
  • AI review 
    • Jack Morgan asks for a report on status of TSC-14 
    • Manuel Buil has commented on the OPX induction. Since the comment has not been resolved, then Bin Hu will abstain
    • it seems that there was a misunderstanding of Manuel's opinion. Manuel Buil is satisfied with the response that he received. Bin Hu will send an email to the TSC explaining the situation and requesting additional input.

Mar 19, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes (Feb 26, Mar 5, and Mar 12)
    • Feb 26 minutes were not posted when minutes were approved at Mar 5 meeting.
    • March 5 minutes were not approved due to lack of quorum at March 12 meeting.
  • Agenda bashing
  • PM Status Phil Robb
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • Induction review for OPX.
  • Replacement of Emma Foleyon TSC
    • Announcement
    • TSC may keep the seat vacant until the next election, or hold an ad hoc election.
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of an ad hoc election to fill the vacant seat? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Promise project termination proposal David McBrideGerald Kunzmann
    • termination proposal
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of the proposal to terminate the Promise project? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Community Election Schedule
    • Proposed schedule
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of reducing the current TSC term by approximately 2 months in order to avoid overlapping with budget discussions? (+1, 0, -1)"
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of the proposed schedule for community elections (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Release update: David McBride
    • MS6 - Preliminary Documentation - March 15
    • MS7 - stable branch - March 29
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
    • Infra Evolution / TAC Infra WG meeting summary
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes (Feb 26, Mar 5, Mar 12)
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • PM role
    • Phil Robb reviews status of PM/RM position in OPNFV and ONAP
    • Phil says that we have 3 PMs for 4 roles 
    • Phil asks for a list of high priority tasks for PM and RM in OPNFV 
    • Phil says that more tasks should be taken on by the community 
    • Frank Brockners OPNFV does not have a PM since Jun/23/2018, which is the day when Ray Paik left LF.
    • Frank Brockners By the end of 2018, ONAP was in need of a release manager, after a community member stopped serving as release manager.
    • Frank Brockners As part of the budget process with the LFN board, OPNFV has an allocation for 1 PM and 0.5 release manager. Per the board decision to reduce expenses, the LFN board decided to share the release manager between OPNFV and ONAP.
    • Frank Brockners Given that the ONAP community could not find a new release manager within the community, Phil Robb decided to dedicate Jim Baker to ONAP as release manager. Jim Baker started in January 2019 and is serving ONAP as a release manager as well as the OVP program since then.
  • Induction review for OPX 
    • OPX Project Data Submission 
    • Bin Hu says that OPX induction was discussed at the TAC meeting last week
    • Bin Hu says that the vote will begin this week or next. Voting will be by email.
    • Jack Morgan asks about discussing the detail of the induction review in the weekly technical discussion 
    • Bin Hu asks TSC members to review link offline and share comments 
    • Manuel Buil raises the concern if perhaps OPX is difficult to integrate in OPNFV because it requires specific hardware or if maybe there is a full-software version that we could eventually use (mbuil, 13:43:53)
    • Manuel Buil asks about the relationship of OPX to OPNFV. 
      • Will additional hardware be required, for example. Will OPX integrate with OPNFV at all? 
    • Manuel Buil will add comments to github regarding this concern 
  • Emma Foley stepping down from TSC 
    • The TSC approves of an ad hoc election to fill the vacant seat.
    • David McBride says that nominations will begin today.  Will send an email to the mailing list.
  • Community election schedule
    • David McBride explains that the proposed schedule pulls the election schedule in by about 2 months in response to the TSC saying last year that the election process should not overlap with the budget process.  Since the term of 12 months is specified in the election process, the TSC needs to also vote to reduce the current term by 2 months.
    • The TSC approves reducing the current TSC term by approximately 2 months in order to avoid overlapping with budget discussions.
    • The TSC approves of the proposed schedule for community elections.
  • Release update 
    • MS6 - Mar 15. Good response, but still following up with a few projects. See Hunter release page for details on compliance. 
    • MS7 - stable branch - March 29 

Mar 12, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

Note:  due to lack of quorum, all approvals and votes are deferred to next week.

  • Approval of minutes
    • Deferred
  • Informal developer gathering at Intel on April 2
  • Replacing Emma on TSC
    • When a TSC member steps down, the TSC may choose to keep the seat open, or hold an election.
    • Jack Morganpoints out that there is no limit on serving as proxy. Need to update governance doc.
  • Promise project termination
    • Deferred due to lack of quorum.
  • Intern project review kickoff
    • Proposal page is locked for the first cycle at 5 pm Pacific today
    • David McBride will setup a meeting for the current review team
  • OVP patch release
  • ONS registration
    • David McBride suggests that members register soon. Rate increases on March 17. 
  • Release update
    • MS6 - preliminary documentation - March 15 
  • IT/Infra update

Mar 5, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
      • Note:  minutes were not posted, so we will repeat approval of minutes next week.
  • CoC refresher
    • Heather Kirksey leads us through the CoC.
    • Manuel Buil asks about LFN CoC. Heather says that it does not currently exist, but could be put in place if the community would like to do that.
  • OPNFV installer status and OVP
    • David McBride shares slide deck that describes installer status and suggests XCI as a possible solution.
    • Cedric Ollivier mentions functest also doesn't rely on an opnfv installer and has acheived gating solution
    • Mark Beierl suggests that LFN and opnfv define what an opnfv platform is without an opnfv installer
    • Fatih Degirmenci talks to current status of XCI and mentions it supports baremetal since fall last year
    • Need to clarify project status of XCI. Jack Morgan says that a similar situation exists for LaaS.
    • Mark Beierl asks if XCI needs to be its own project, instead of a sub-project of releng as it is now.
    • XCI needs to have more visibility in the wiki. When going to wiki.opnfv.org, the projects page is the first seen. XCI does not get mentioned under any of the Projects lists.
    • https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/INF/Improving+CI+for+Test+Projects
  • OVP 2.2.0 patch release proposal
    • Removes two test cases, which changes scope, which requires TSC approval.
    • Dan Xu to send email to TSC mailing list for TSC vote on change in scope.
  • Other items
    • Please post update to TSC mailing list, as appropriate.

Feb 26, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Agenda bashing
    • Manuel Buil requests a topic regarding test tool visibility. Will be added toward the end of the meeting.
  • Intern project proposal selection schedule
    • The TSC approves of the schedule presented for intern proposal selection.
    • David McBride says that we also need a working group to review the proposals 
      • Mark BeierlBin Hu, and Qiao Fu volunteer to participate 
      • LF will contribute one reviewer (probably Phil or Heather) 
    • mbeierl suggests asking for more volunteers as part of the email soliciting additional intern project proposals
  • Committer removal process update 
    • The TSC approves the changes to the committer removal process.
  • Code and release quality improvements 
    • Cristina Pauna provides a recap of what we've covered on this topic, so far, and what decisions have been made.
      • TSC has agreed to two proposals, so far: 
        • Removal of inactive committers
        • Code review best practices wiki.  
    • Cristina Pauna asks, should projects be required to run Functest as a prerequisite to merging a patch?
      • Process is currently in place, question is whether it should be a requirement.
      •  Cristina Pauna will propose a document in which the requirement should be documented
      • Cristina Pauna will poll installer owners about the requirement
  • Test tool visibility 
    • Manuel Buil says that we need a way to easily package and deploy test tools.  This is also something that Heather Kirkseyhas encouraged for some time.
    • Manuel Buil asks, how do we develop more interest in OPNFV test tools?
    • Bin Hu says that we need a champion to take on the project.
    • David McBride points out that OVP is dependent on OPNFV test frameworks.
    • We will continue discussing in weekly technical discussion and next week's TSC call.

Feb 19, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Chair report Bin Hu
    • TAC meeting last week 
      • LFN infra meeting on Fridays. Trevor Bramwell attending on behalf of OPNFV. 
      • TAC chair election. LF to draft job description. 
      • Document review to be done on GitHub from now on.
      • TAC meeting scheduled for next week (Feb 27) at 7 a.m. Pacific.
  • Termination reviews 
    • NetReady
      • Georg Kunz says that the project has been inactive lately and has completed its primary goals.
      • The TSC approves the proposal to terminate the NetReady project.
    • Pinpoint
      • No one available from the project.
      • David McBride says that the project has been dormant for years.
      • The TSC approves the proposal to terminate the Pinpoint project.
  • Intern project proposal process
    • David McBride describes proposal, which has been updated since last week per feedback received.
    • The TSC approves the intern project proposal process.
      • Note:  the 'endvote' command was not entered, so meetbot did not tally the results of the vote and publish them in the HTML log as usual.  However, you may see the individual votes in the text log.
    • David McBride to prepare schedule for TSC review per the approved inter project proposal process 
  • Code and release quality improvements 
    • https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/Code_and_Release_Quality
    • David McBride to propose revised language for removing committers that are inactive for 1 year. Will be removed unless PTL wants to make an exception. 
    • TSC agrees to document the gerrit best practices in the OPNFV wiki without setting a hard requirement through gerrit rule enforcing 
  • Release update 
    • MS5 - scenario status - March 1. 
      • Scenario owners should have scenarios documented on the Hunter scenario status page, as well as running in OPNFV CI.

Feb 12, 2019

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Marketing update Brandon Wick
    • slides
    • ONS
      • Booth demo proposals due tomorrow (Feb 13) 
      • Please add Un-conference proposals to the wiki page 
      • Any ONS attendance (unconference, demo) requires purchase of an ONS pass.
    • OCP
      • Continuing collaboration with OCP. LFN will have a booth at the OCP Summit, Mar 14-15, San Jose, CA. 
      • David McBride to coordinate with Kenny Paul on soliciiting feedback on the possibility of bringing Edge gear to plugfest/DDF 
    • Plugfest/DDF report in review 
  • Intern program update
    • Frank Brockners suggests producing a ranked list instead of a recommended list 
    • Do we need more flexibility? Should we spread out the intern selection throughout the year?
    • Frank Brockners suggests selecting one intern beginning in March, then two in the summer. 
    • Mark Beierl proposal: align internships with releases: 2 for fall release, 1 for spring? 
    • David McBride to update process proposal per feedback.
  • Termination review update
    • The TSC approves the proposed update to the project termination process.
  • Release update
    • Hunter MS5 scheduled for March 1. 
    • David McBride asks scenario owners to make sure that their scenarios are documented on the scenario status page and to verify that their scenarios are running in OPNFV CI and passing deployment and health check.
  • IT/Infra update Trevor Bramwell
    • Jenkins update was successful.
    • gerrit is moving to AWS
  • Action item review
    • David McBride to close TSC-13 once the termination proposal process has been updated, per today's vote. 
    • David McBride to create JIRA issue for intern project proposal process 
    • Trevor Bramwell suggests adding an issue to document PTL election guidelines.  Trevor will create the JIRA issue. Goal is to document guidelines while maintaining OPNFV tradition of giving projects broad latitude in how they select their PTL.
    • Discussion about history of PTL selection in OPNFV. 
    • Frank Brockners says that OPNFV has always emphasized project autonomy and independence in PTL selection. This may explain why no process is documented. 

Feb 5, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • TAC Meeting - Jan 30
    • Rescheduling of weekly technical discussion
      • Choices:
        • stay with current time:  6 a.m. PST, Thurs
          • Manuel and Frank have conflict
          • Conflicts with ONAP TSC
        • 7 a.m. PST, Monday
          • Conflicts with CVC bi-weekly 
        • 7 a.m. PST, Friday
          • Difficult for APAC (11 p.m.)
  • Termination Review
    • JOID 
      • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of the proposal to terminate the JOID project? (+1, 0, -1)"
    • Bamboo 
      • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve of the proposal to terminate the Bamboo project? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Code and Release Quality Improvement Cristina PaunaBin Hu
    • etherpad
    • Improve project's info accuracy
      • Scan the projects of inactive committers and confirm with the PTLs that they can be removed, then proceed with the removal procedure
    • Improve gerrit best practices
      • Enforce the practices that can be done via Jenkins (e.g., prohibit merging own patches)
    • Use Functest to verify installer patches
      • By running a subset of the Functest tests for all patches made on installers before they are merged we make sure basic functionality is not broken by patches
      • Implemented, but recommend adapting as formal policy
      • Expand to feature projects
      • Document the procedure to disable the verify jobs: an approval from the Release manager or TSC should be required
    • Reduce the time it takes for running the tests
      • Parallel testing (run in parallel tests from the same tier or run tiers in parallel)
  • Release update: David McBride
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • TAC meeting - Jan 30 
    • Discussion about infra across LFN 
      • Need to coordinate OPNFV effort with larger LFN effort 
      • A regular weekly LFN infra working group meeting has been established (Fridays at 8 a.m. Pacific)  
    • Discussion about the roles of chair and secretary 
    • TAC decided that the chair would be the board rep
  • Rescheduling of weekly technical discussion
    • Final decision is for Mondays at 7 a.m. 
    • Frank Brockners comments that this time slot conflicts with Panda meeting 
    • Also conflicts with CVC meeting 
    • Change will begin next week on Feb 11. We will still meet this week on Thurs, Feb 7. 
  • Termination reviews 
    • JOID
      • The TSC approves the proposal to terminate the JOID project
    • Bamboo
      • Trevor Bramwellcomments that there is a K8s cluster running in support of Bamboo 
      • Mark Beierl suggests adding a link to the Bamboo project page that points to Panda work in ONAP 
      • The TSC approves of the proposal to terminate the Bamboo project.
  • Code and Release Quality Improvement
    • The TSC agrees to start cleanup of inactive committers procedure by asking PTLs to update their list of committers for each project.
    • The TSC agrees to update committer removal procedure to include removing committers that have not accessed OPNFV gerrit for 12 months 
    • David McBrideto update procedure per agreement. Will open TSC JIRA.
    • Cristina Pauna says that ODL has a gerrit best practices page 
    • We will continue discussion about gerrit best practices in the weekly technical discussion. Specifically, should we enforce, or simply recommend against self-merges?
  • IT/Infra

Jan 29, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • Update on strategy discussion
    • Change of date for weekly technical discussion.
    • Update on Developer Event before ONS-NA
  • Booth demo discussion.
    • email request for proposals
    • Review etherpad submissions
    • Demo staffing (co-manager, presenters, need full-time booth support)
    • Selection process Brandon Wick
  • TAC representation. Bin Hu
  • Intern discussion. David McBride
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Gambia v7.2
    • Hunter MS3.1
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Community Election procedure update
    • TSC-4 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve the change to the community election procedure as described in TSC-4? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Update on strategy discussion 
  • Change to weekly technical discussion 
    • Bin Hu reviewed a proposal to move meeting to Monday.
    • The meeting will move to Mondays beginning Feb 10.
  • informal gathering before ONS 
    • LF has no budget to support a developer event, so Bin Hu is has proposed an informal gathering on April 2.
    • Details are TBD.  Bin Hu will update the TSC and the mailing list when he knows more.
  • Booth demo discussion 
    • etherpad
    • #22658  
    • Brandon Wick reviews booth demo proposal requirements
      • Submissions due by Feb 13 
      • Demo managers will need to get passes for themselves and their team.
      • Each demo manager should plan on a team in order to provide coverage at the booth for all open hours.
      • Preference is for "real world" use cases and those that are cross-project and/or include a carrier.
      • David McBride reminds proposal owners to respond to email from Brandon Wick in addition to etherpad documentation
    • VSPERF Demo (proposal #1) review
      • Sridhar says that the idea is to go beyond performance measurement and do causation analysis 
    • OpenStack rolling upgrade demo (proposal #2) review
    • LaaS demo (proposal #3) review
  • TAC representation 
    • #4967  
    • David McBride found that the charter already says that the TAC representative may be the TSC chair, or any other member of the TSC, as designated by the TSC.  So, no additional documentation of the TAC representative is necessary.
    • The TSC approves of the proposal that the TSC Chair will be the TAC representative 
  • Intern discussion 
    • David McBride says that we are limited to 3 interns this year, therefore, we will need to be more selective about which intern proposals get selected.
    • We will implement a plan to solicit, review, and select proposals.  Details will be presented to the TSC in the coming weeks.
  • Release update 
    • Gambia 7.2 went live on Monday, Jan 28 
    • Still reviewing status of Hunter MS3.1.  Tim Rozetreports that Apex is currently meeting those requirements.
  • IT/Infra update 
    • Jenkins upgrade on Weds, Jan 30 
    • Gerrit migration and system reboots to be scheduled for Feb 13th 
  • Community election procedure 
    • Note:  Last week,Cedric Ollivier requested more time to review the proposed change before today's vote, but then was unable to attend the meeting.  However, David McBride had an email exchange with Cedric before the meeting, who indicated that he had reviewed the change and would have voted to approve it, had he attended the meeting.
    • The TSC approves the change to the community election procedure as described in TSC-4.
  • Action item review
    • Reviewed one new action item:   TSC-13 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Closed three action items: TSC-2, TSC-4, and TSC-8.

Jan 22, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No report this week.
  • Booth demo discussion.
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Gambia v7.2
    • Hunter MS3.1
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
  • Community Election procedure update
    • TSC-4 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve the change to the community election procedure as described in TSC-4? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Booth Demo discussion 
    • Brandon Wick sent an email with info last week 
    • seeking demos that are endorsed by a service provider 
    • seeking demos with cross-project collaboration/content 
    • proposal should include a commitment from a specified demo manager 
    • proposal authors should respond to Brandon's email and document the proposal in the etherpad
  • Release Update 
    • Gambia 7.2 this week
      • download page will go live on Jan 29
    • Hunter MS3.1
      • Tim Rozet says that he's awaiting a patch that will allow Apex to meet MS3.1 requirements
  • IT/Infra update
    • Trevor Bramwell says that the plan is to upgrade Jenkins following the Gambia 7.2 release 
    • Gerrit migration put on hold pending further analysis on the best approach to complete the task 
    • Cedric Ollivier asks about updates to Python 3.6
    • Trevor Bramwell says that it depends on the OS status.  Trevor will look into the issue and get back to Cedric
  • Community election procedure
    • Vote deferred to next week to allow time for further review
  • Action Item Review
    • TSC-2 - Bin Hu will propose that the TSC chair be the TC representative. Will start email thread. 
    • David McBride to look into where TAC representation should be documented 
    • David McBride sats that TSC-8 may be resolved by resolution to TSC-4
  • AoB 
    • Manuel Buil requests change of day/time for weekly technical meeting 
    • Bin Hu to start email thread requesting feedback about proposal to move meeting to Mondays at 6 a.m. (PST) 

Jan 15, 2019

Agenda

  • Approval of previous meeting minutes
  • Agenda bashing
  • Chair Report Bin Hu
    • No report this week.
  • Marketing Update Brandon Wick
    • ONS North America - April 3 - 5
      • CFP for ONS - Jan 21
      • ONS NA will follow similar format to Amsterdam
      • Interest in OPNFV developer event at ONS NA?
  • Release update: David McBride
    • Gambia v7.2
    • Hunter MS3.1
  • LF IT/Infra update: Aric GardnerTrevor Bramwell
    • Schedule of updates to be sent out this week:
      • Gerrit migration to Cloud
      • Jenkins Upgrade
  • Community Election procedure update
    • TSC-4 - Getting issue details... STATUS
    • Vote text: "Does the TSC approve the change to the community election procedure as described in TSC-4? (+1, 0, -1)"
  • Action Item Review
    • Getting issues...

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Marketing Update 
    • Brandon Wick shares a slide deck 
    • Notice of CFPs closing soon for KubeCon Europe and ONS North America. 
      • KubeCon CFP due Jan 18 
      • ONS NA CFP due Jan 21 
    • LFN reception has not yet been decided for KubeCon Europe 
    • ONS NA will have a similar format to last fall's ONS EU in Amsterdam 
    • Brandon Wick will start collecting ideas for demos at LFN booth on Jan 16
    • Bin Hu suggests an agenda item for the weekly discussion meeting and the next TSC meeting to discuss ideas for booth demos 
    • Qiao Fu asks about mini-summit at KubeCon. Brandon says that he will have more info after the MAC meets in the next week or two. 
    • David McBride suggests having Brandon Wick provide an update to the TSC after the MAC meets.
  • Release Update 
    • The TSC agrees to delay the release of Gambia 7.2 one week to Jan 25 
  • IT/Infra Update 
  • Community election procedure update 
  • Action Item Review
    • Closed TSC-7

Jan 8, 2019

Note:  In addition to the usual Zoom conference, we will have a F2F at PlugFest.

Agenda

Minutes

  • Approval of minutes
    • No comments - minutes approved
  • Agenda bashing
    • Frank Brockners requests a strategy planning update from Bin Hu.  Bin will include this in the chair report.
  • Chair Report
    • Bin Hu provides an update to the TSC on the strategy development.
      • Bin Hu says that the board provided feedback on OPNFV during presentation in December:
        • better alignment between TSC and marketing 
        • focus on OVP 
      • Bin Hu describes progress on strategy during weekly technical discussion meetings
      • Additional discussion took place during infra working group meeting in December
  • IT/Infra update
  • Release update
    • The requirements for Hunter 3.0 have been collapsed into MS3.1, which is scheduled for Jan 18 
    • Frank Brockners asks about progress on the new release process
      • Frank points out that projects have been making use of continuous release for nearly a year without a process
      • David McBride says that the Release Process Working Group has been making slow progress.
  • TSC Jira process
  • Action Item review
    • Closed TSC-12 as no longer relevant

Jan 1, 2019 (cancelled)







  • No labels