Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


  • Every other Tuesday at 7:30 - 8:00 pm US Pacific Time / 03:30 UTC (when US Standard Time) / 02:30 UTC (when US Daylight Savings Time)
  • IRC channel: #opnfv-release
  • Chaired by David McBride (nic: dmcbride)

  1. EDIT THE CALENDAR

    Customise the different types of events you'd like to manage in this calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  2. RESTRICT THE CALENDAR

    Optionally, restrict who can view or add events to the team calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  3. SHARE WITH YOUR TEAM

    Grab the calendar's URL and email it to your team, or paste it on a page to embed the calendar.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  4. ADD AN EVENT

    The calendar is ready to go! Click any day on the calendar to add an event or use the Add event button.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs
  5. SUBSCRIBE

    Subscribe to calendars using your favourite calendar client.

    #legIndex/#totalLegs

June 19, 2018

Agenda

  • Schedule Review
    • Fraser
    • Gambia
      • Note:  MS3.2 has now been combined with MS3.1
      • June 15 - MS3.0 - installers deploy nosdn scenario and run HC
      • June 29 - MS3.1 - installers deploy sdn scenario and pass HC

Minutes

Meetbot Minutes

Actions

June 12, 2018

Agenda

  • Schedule Review
    • Fraser
    • Gambia
      • Note:  MS3.2 has now been combined with MS3.1
      • June 15 - MS3.0 - installers deploy nosdn scenario and run HC
      • June 29 - MS3.1 - installers deploy sdn scenario and pass HC

Minutes

  • schedule review
    • Gambia
      • June 15 (Friday) - MS3.0 - installers able to successfully deploy nosdn-nofeature scenario with OS Queens
      • June 29 - MS3.1 - installers able to successfully deploy sdn-nofeature scenario AND pass HC
        • note that we have consolidated MS3.2 requirements into MS3.1
    • Fraser
      • June 29 - Fraser 6.2 release
      • this is the second and final point release for Fraser

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2018/opnfv-release.2018-05-16-02.28.html

Actions

May 29, 2018 (Cancelled)

May 15, 2018

Agenda

Minutes

  • Schedule Review 
    • first point release for Fraser (6.1) scheduled for May 25 
    • May 23 - complete testing 
    • May 24 - documentation update and JIRA cleanup 
    • May 25 - tagging 
    • scenario owners please make sure that the Fraser scenario status page is updated for Fraser 6.1 
    • the intent-to-participate window closed last Friday (May 11) 
      • we have 35 projects that have committed to the Gambia release
      • 26 traditional / 14 CD / 6 both 
    • release plans were also due on Friday, May 11
      • we currently have about 90% compliance (MS1) 
    • the scenario status page for Gambia still seems to be missing many scenarios 
    • scenario owners, please document your scenarios on the scenario status page 
    • https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/SWREL/Gambia+Scenario+Status
    • Gambia MS2 overlaps with the Fraser 6.1 release 
    • MS2 - test case documentation - May 25 
    • feature project owners please provide a link to your test cases in the test case database 
    • http://testresults.opnfv.org/test/api/v1/projects/barometer/cases example 
  • H and I release naming

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2018/opnfv-release.2018-05-16-02.28.html

Actions

May 1, 2018

Agenda

Schedule Review

Minutes

  • Schedule review

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2018/opnfv-release.2018-05-02-02.29.html

April 17, 2018

Agenda

  • Schedule Review
    • Fraser
      • MS8 - complete formal testing - April 24
      • MS9 - complete final documentation - April 25
      • MS10 - JIRA cleanup - April 26
      • MS11 - technical release - April 27
      • Download page goes live - May 1
    • Gambia

Minutes

  • Schedule Review
    • Fraser
      • TSC agreed to push out Fraser 6.0 release date by 1 week
      • MS8 - formal testing - April 24
      • MS9 - final documentation - April 25
      • MS10 - JIRA cleanup - April 26
      • MS11 - release - April 27
      • download page goes live on May 1
    • Gambia
      • intent to participate for Gambia opened April 13 (MS0)
      • intent to participate will close at MS1 on May 11
      • release plans also due on May 11 (MS1)
  • Continuous delivery release track planning

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2018/opnfv-release.2018-04-18-02.29.html

April 3, 2018

Agenda

Schedule Review

  • Fraser MS7 - Wrap-up
    • Stable branch window closes
  • MS8 - complete formal testing - April 17
  • MS9 - complete final documentation - April 18
  • MS10 - JIRA cleanup - April 19
  • MS11 - technical release - April 20
  • Download page goes live - April 24

Minutes

Schedule Review

  • Fraser
    • MS7 was Friday, March 30 (
      • we have about 80% of projects reporting
      • Trevor Bramwell had a few problems with the automation, initially, but those issues are now resolved
    • MS8 - completion of formal testing - April 17
    • MS9 - final documentation - April 18
    • MS10 - JIRA cleanup - April 19 (
    • MS11 - release - April 20
    • download page is scheduled to go live on April 24
    • Fraser 6.1 - May 25
    • feature project teams, please make sure that the "intent to release" columns are accurate
  • Gambia
    • MS0 - open intent-to-participate - April 13 
      • Closes at MS1 on May 11

Release Model 2.0

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2018/opnfv-release.2018-04-04-02.30.html

March 20, 2018

Agenda

Schedule Review

  • Fraser MS6 - March 16
  • Fraser MS7 - March 30
    • Stable branch window closes

G / H release planning

Minutes

Schedule Review

  • MS6 - test case implementation / preliminary documentation
  • MS7 - March 30 - stable branch closes
    • new process for branching
    • you are free to create a stable branch any time between now and MS7 on March 30
    • for Fraser, each team will initiate the process themselves (see link above)
    • note that there are separate processes for new projects versus existing projects

G / H release planning

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2018/opnfv-release.2018-03-21-02.28.html

March 6, 2018

Agenda

Schedule Review

  • Fraser MS5 - March 02
    • wrap-up
  • Fraser MS6 - March 16
  • Fraser MS7 - March 30
    • Stable branch window closes

Minutes

Schedule Review

  • MS5 wrap-up
    • David McBride completed review of compliance info for MS5. We had one scenario withdrawn and a few others that are finishing up today or tomorrow.
    • Julien  says that ZTE-POD9 is offline for the power issue and it is recovered now. Daisy team is working on the CI of ovs_dpdk.
  • MS6 - March 16
    • Requirements
      • implementation of test cases documented in MS2
      • preliminary documentation
    • in addition MS6 marks the opening of the stable branch window
    • projects must complete branching between MS6 and MS7
    • the preliminary documentation requirement simply means that you need to have the directory structure and placeholder documents in place
  • MS7 - March 30 (dmcbride, 03:52:29)
    • the TSC approved proposal to move MS7 from April 6 to March 30 today
  • AoB
    • Tianwei will work on the PDF for Huawei's PODs (yifei, 03:59:29)
    • Tianwei, POD1 in Huawei lab has been submitted and merged (Julien-zte, 04:00:22)
    • Compass will verify the translator after MS7 (yifei, 04:00:24)

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2018/opnfv-release.2018-03-07-03.31.html

February 20, 2018 (CANCELLED)

February 6, 2018

Agenda

Schedule Review

  • MS3.2 - Feb 02 - follow-up
  • Fraser MS5 - March 02
    • Scenario integration
  • Fraser MS6 - March 16

Minutes

Schedule Review

  • MS3.2 status (Feb 2) (dmcbride_, 03:32:44)
    • compliance verified for MS3.2
    • David McBride says that installer health is being tracked week-to-week
    • Julien says that I have tested the required plugin in sandbox.opnfv.org and the macros for the installers to report the provision and test result can be used sooner.
  • MS5 - March 02
  • MS6 - test case implementation - March 16
    • two requirements: 
      • complete test case implementation; 
      • complete preliminary documentation

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2018/opnfv-release.2018-02-07-03.27.html

January 23, 2018

Agenda

Schedule Review

  • MS3.1 and MS4 compliance status
  • Fraser MS3.2 - Feb 02
    • Deploy sdn scenario
    • Pass health check
  • Fraser MS5  - Mar 02
    • Scenario integration

Review Installer status

Minutes

Schedule Review

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2018/opnfv-release.2018-01-24-03.29.html

Actions

David McBride contact installer teams and inquire about ODL issues, including NETVIRT-896.

January 9, 2018 (CANCELLED)

Agenda

Schedule Review

  • Fraser MS4 - Jan 12
    • Test Frameworks ready
  • Fraser MS3.1 - Jan 16 (pushed out 1 day due to U.S. holiday on Jan 15)
    • Pass health check
  • Fraser MS3.2 - Feb 02
    • Deploy sdn scenario
    • Pass health check

Review Installer status

Minutes

Meetbot Minutes

Actions

December 26, 2017 (CANCELLED)

December 12, 2017

Agenda

Schedule Review

  • Dec 15 - MS3.0
    • Installers able to deploy nosdn / nofeature scenario and run health check
  • Dec 15 - Euphrates 5.1 release
  • Jan 12 - MS4
    • test framework ready (functest, yardstick, vsperf, storperf)
  • Jan 15 - MS3.1
    • Installers pass health check for nosdn / nofeature scenario

End of year holidays

  • Release meeting cancelled Dec 26
  • Resume Jan 9

Minutes

Schedule review

  • Fraser MS3.0 - Dec 15
    • requirements: installers able to deploy nosdn / nofeature scenario and run health check
    • Yifei Xue says that compass master can deploy nosdn-nofeature on Ubuntu OS and pass health check
    • Yifei Xue says that for centos, the code has been merged to compass master, but the intel pod17 which will be used to run compass deployment on centos is not ready
    • Zhijiang Hu says that Daisy also can deploy nosdn-nofeature and pass healthcheck successfully
  • Euphrates 5.1 release - Dec 15
    • complete testing - Dec 13
    • update documentation - Dec 14
    • update JIRA and tag repo - Dec 15
    • David McBride asks chigang_ and huzhj to refer to email for plan for collecting artifacts for Euphrates 5.1
  • MS4 - Jan 12
    • applies to functest, yardstick, vsperf, and storperf
    • requirements: users able to implement and execute test case using framework in OPNFV CI
  • MS3.1 - Dec 15
    • requirements: installers able to pass health check with nosdn / nofeature scenario
  • MS3.2 - Feb 02
    • requirements: installers able to deploy sdn / nofeature scenario and pass health check

Meeting schedule through winter holidays

  • Dec 26 - cancelled
  • Jan 09 - resume meeting

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-12-13-03.29.html

November 28, 2017

Agenda

Schedule Review

  • Dec 15 - MS3.0
  • Dec 15 - Euphrates 5.1 release

Minutes

Schedule review

  • MS3.0 - December 15
    • requirements: 
      • installer / OS Pike integration completed; 
      • able to deploy os-nosdn-nofeature-ha; 
      • able to run health check
    • https://gerrit.opnfv.org/gerrit/#/c/46543/ patch integrating OS Pike with Compass 
    • Yifei Xue reports "it's being verified now, after +1 by CI, I will merge it to master"
  • Euphrates 5.1 - December 15
    • Yifei Xue reports Have fixed some bugs in KVM and DPDK scenario for E 5.1  

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-11-29-03.28.html

November 14, 2017

Agenda

Schedule Review

  • Nov 17 - MS2
  • Dec 15 - MS3.0
    • Installers able to deploy os-nosdn-nofeature-noha with OS Pike
  • Dec 15 - Euphrates 5.1 release

Minutes

Schedule review

  • Milestone 2 is Friday, Nov 17
  • MS3.0 is on Dec 15
    • this affects installer projects only
    • Installers able to deploy os-nosdn-nofeature-noha with OS Pike
  • David McBride asks the team to remember that Euphrates has just one point release, Euphrates 5.1, on December 15

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-11-15-03.29.html

October 31, 2017 (CANCELLED)

Agenda

Schedule Review

  • Euphrates wrap-up
    • Download page went live Oct 24
    Fraser
    • Nov 3 - MS1
      • Release plans
      • Intent-to-participate window closes
      Nov 17 - MS2
      • test cases documented in test case database

Minutes

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

October 17, 2017

Upcoming milestones

  • Euphrates
    • TODAY! - MS8 - Formal test execution completed
    • October 18 - MS9 - Documentation updated
    • October 19 - MS10 - JIRA cleanup
    • October 20 - MS11 - Tag repos / technical release of 5.0
  • Fraser
    • Nov 3 - MS1 - Release plans

Minutes

Schedule Review

  • Euphrates
  • Fraser
    • November 3 - MS1
      • intent-to-participate window closes
      • release planning complete
      • David McBride requests that PTLs add Fraser scenarios and release plan info by Nov 3
    • Fraser release page is available. Find links there for scenario status page and release plan summary.

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-10-18-02.32.html

October 3, 2017 (CANCELLED)

September 19, 2017 (CANCELLED)

September 5, 2017 (CANCELLED)

Agenda

MS6 follow-up

MS7 - stable branch window closes

Minutes

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

August 22, 2017

Agenda

Euphrates MS6 (August 25)

Minutes

MS6 - Aug 25

  • David McBride reminds team of requirements:
  • MS6 also opens the stable branch window
  • Yu Yang (Gabriel) says that Bottlenecks is doing some modification of it CI pipeline. Documents regarding the testing workflow will record the new changes before MS6

MS7 - Sept 15

  • Closes stable branch window.  All projects must be branched at this point.

MS5 follow-up

  • David McBride is following up on compliance with MS5.  Please send links to the Jenkins jobs for each of your scenarios.

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

http://meetbot.opnfv.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-08-23-02.28.html

August 8, 2017 (CANCELLED)

July 25, 2017

Agenda

Euphrates MS5 - scenario integration and feature freeze (July 28)

Euphrates MS6 (August 11)

Minutes

MS5

MS6

AoB

  • David McBride will be on vacation August 7 - 18
  • The August 8 APAC release meeting is cancelled.
  • The next APAC release meeting will be August 22.

Actions

David McBride follow up with Stuart Mackie about OCL / Compass.

Meetbot Minutes

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-07-26-02.27.html

July 11, 2017

Agenda

Euphrates MS3.2 (July 11 - installer deploys sdn scenario and passes health check)

Euphrates MS5 (July 28 - scenario integration and feature freeze)

Danube 3.0 (July 14)

  • July 12 - Complete testing
  • July 13 - Complete documentation update / JIRA cleanup
  • July 14 - tag repo
  • NOTE to Compass - please have Compass artifacts ready by the end of the day on Thursday (send mail to David McBride and Aric Gardner when ready)

Minutes

MS3.2

MS5 (July 28)

  • Based on results of MS3.0, 3.1, and 3.2, we should have a stable installer base for feature projects to use to meet requirements of MS5
  • David McBride asks team to provide feedback about installer stability
  • xiaodong shang says that he's unable to get ISO for Fuel.  He will provide description to David McBride about the problem.
  • David McBride reminds team that MS6 follows shortly after MS5 on Aug 11

Danube 3

  • July 12 - complete testing
  • July 13 - update documentation / cleanup JIRA
  • July 14 - tag repos
  • July 17 or 18 - download page goes live
  • Note that Sofia Wallin is having a documentation meeting on July 12 if you have any questions about documentation.

Actions

xiaodong shang send email to dmcbride explaining issue with Fuel

Meetbot Minutes

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-07-12-02.30.html

June 27, 2017

Note:  there was a minimal attendance, so we did not follow the agenda.

Agenda

Euphrates MS3.2 (July 11 - installer deploys sdn scenario and passes health check)

Euphrates MS5 (July 28 - scenario integration and feature freeze)

Danube 3.0 (TBD)

Reminder - David out July 3 - 5 next week for U.S. holiday.

Minutes

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

June 13, 2017 (CANCELLED)

Meeting cancelled due to the OPNFV Summit in Beijing.  Come join us at the F2F release meeting at the OPNFV Summit on June 13 at 4 p.m (CST) in the Pastel Room at the JW Marriott Beijing.

May 30, 2017 

Agenda

Euphrates MS2 (test case documentation) wrapup 

Euphrates MS3 (Installer / OpenStack integration) - May 30

Danube 3.0 - June 8

Minutes

MS2 (test case documentation) wrapup

MS3 installer integration with OpenStack

  • MS3 MS4 changes.pdf
  • Zhijiang Hu reports successful deployment with Daisy
  • Note that milestone exception request is in effect for Euphrates
  • Justin chi says that Containerized compass will be introduced in E release, so there will be some additional work in CI and Functest. OpenStack Ocata has been done in offline, but it still some patches in releng to seperate Master and danube branch.

Danube 3 release - June 8

Actions

David McBride invite Ross Brattain to release meeting

Justin chi send emails to David, Ray, Heather, and Brandon describing ONOS-SFC and its significance

Meetbot Minutes

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-05-31-02.30.html

May 16, 2017 

Agenda

Euphrates MS2 (Test Case Database) - May 22

Euphrates MS3 (Installer / OpenStack integration) - May 30

Danube 3.0 - June 8

Minutes

MS1 - close of intent-to-participate window / deadline for release planning

MS2 - test case documentation - Monday, May 22

MS3 - installer / OpenStack integration

  • Changes to MS3 discussed at PlugFest in April
  • Proposal:  break MS3 into 3 parts and repurpose MS4
    • MS3.0 
      • Installers able to deploy "nosdn" scenarios
      • Functest supports health check
      • Functest checks OpenStack version
    • MS3.1 (+2 - 3 weeks)
      • Installers pass health check for "nosdn" scenarios
    • MS3.2 (+2 - 3 weeks)
      • Installers able to deploy scenarios with 1 SDN controller and pass health check
    • MS4
      • Functest has full support for health check and smoke test

Danube 3.0 

  • Danube 3.0 will release June 8
  • please make sure that you have updated "intent-to-release" on the Danube scenario status page
  • recall that if you have released with D1 or D2, then you must release with D3
  • Details
    • June 6 - complete formal testing
    • June 7 - complete documentation / update JIRA
    • June 8 - tag projects

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-05-17-02.30.html

May 2, 2017 (Cancelled)

Agenda

Danube 2.0 (May 4)

April 18, 2017 (Cancelled)

Agenda

Danube 1.0 wrapup

Danube 2.0 (May 4)

Euphrates intent-to-release window open until April 24 (MS1)

Euphrates release planning (MS1)

April 4, 2017 (Cancelled)

Agenda

Danube 1.0 wrapup

Danube 2.0 (May 4)

Euphrates intent-to-release window open until April 24 (MS1)

Euphrates release planning (MS1)

March 21, 2017 (Cancelled)

Agenda

Danube 

  • MS8 - Formal test complete (March 20)
  • MS9 - JIRA updated (March 22)
  • MS10 - Documentation complete (March 24)
  • MS11 - Danube 1.0 release (March 27)

Danube 2.0 (May 4)

Euphrates intent-to-release window open now

Euphrates release planning (April 24)

Minutes

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

March 7, 2017

Agenda

MS7 - stable branch (March 10)

E-Release

Stability / Functest status

Minutes

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-03-08-03.31.html

February 21, 2017

Agenda

Danube schedule review

  • MS6 - Feb 17
    • Test case implementation
    • Preliminary Doc Requirements (Sofia Wallin)
  • MS7 - stable branch - March 10

Minutes

MS6 - test case implementation / preliminary documentation

  • MS6 was last Friday (Feb 17)
  • Justin chi ask a question, what time stable branch will be create?  David McBride already has an action item to clarify.
  • Kubi reports that sofia is requesting that test projects adjust their documentation
  • Compliance assessment for MS6 - Test case implementation
    •  projects will send a list of commits for their test case implementation, including the commit to enable testing in the Functest repo, as well as commits for their test cases in the project repo
  • MS6 - preliminary documentation - 
    • projects will send a link to their preliminary documentation
  • Yu Yang (Gabriel) says that testing projects also have their own tests to validate the platform, apart from feature projects
  • Kubi says I think some internal test cases which we implement in testing projects also should be reported
  • David McBride to request commits for internal test cases from test projects

MS7 - Stable branch closes (March 10)

  • Projects free to generate stable branch between now and MS7 on March 10
  • Stable branch creation instructions still need to be updated (existing action to David McBride)

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-02-22-03.30.html

February 7, 2017

Agenda

Discuss meeting logistics

  • Time, duration, frequency OK with team?

Danube schedule review

  • MS5 - feature freeze and scenario integration
  • MS6 - Feb 17
    • Test case implementation
    • Preliminary Doc Requirements (Sofia Wallin)

Minutes

Meeting logistics

  • Current plan is to meet every other week for 30 minutes, beginning at 7:30 p.m. PST
  • General consensus that this plan is good for now
  • If the meeting time, frequency, etc. stop being convenient, please let me know

MS5 - feature freeze and scenario integration (Jan 26)

  • Kubi asks whther MS5 is applicable to test projects
  • MS5 is applicable to any project that uses a scenario for deployment and test
  • Milestone Compliance for Danube
  • Justin chi says that virtual deployment is stable, but there are issues with baremetal
  • there are still some issues for OpenStack and ODL, especially in networking
  • Justin chi comments that smoke test has been enabled for Compass patch verification

MS6 - test case implemenation and preliminary documentation

  • MS6 has two requirements
    • implementation of test cases identified in MS2
    • Preliminary documentation, i.e., directory structure and placeholder documents.
  • The preliminary documentation requirement is new for Danube
    • Documentation Guide
    • if you have questions about documentation, please contact Sofia directly. Also, there is a documentation working group meeting at 6 a.m. PST tomorrow. I believe that's 10 p.m. in Beijing.
    • Sofia Wallin email: sofia.wallin@ericsson.com 

Next meeting is February 21.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions for agenda items.

Actions

Meetbot Minutes

http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-release/2017/opnfv-release.2017-02-08-03.24.html

  • No labels