Date 22 Sep 2020
https://zoom.us/j/99523505422?pwd=bzhUd1E3M1BnQnBad3VuS0NnNkQwZz09 Attendees Absent Non TSC Attendees Agenda items
Time Item Who Notes 5 min
As agreed on
15 Sep 2020 changes to the minutes may be executed on the Agenda wiki page, with the aid of audio and text transcript available for 1 week.
Title of minutes on IRC (date is incorrect)
5 min Announcements Fall Technical Event - Not the same week as ONES! Start Oct 13 - 15th with less time each day Topic Submission Status - more OPNFV topics welcome! Deadline: 25 Sep 2020 Coordination with CNTT on Joint Topics Volunteers to represent OPNFV in event: Lincoln Lavoie and Sridhar Rao will represent us Volunteer(s) needed to run the OPNFV Weekly Technical Discussion meetings: ASAP - rotating chairs, see right-hand column
15 min OPNFV Release Process Status using the Release meeting time Requirements Work Group JIRA RelMan Issues for each project are published Mapping Release Requirement into JIRA Jerma M1 scheduled for Sept 22 ~50% compliance on the M1 release management Jira issues requirements working group needs to review requirements Jira issues need to verify support for requirements Jira issues with projects review requirements Jira issues with TSC and get approval Key conclusions so far, regarding JERMA and CNTT Baldy Security requirements being revised (out of JERMA scope) Functional tests will refer to CNTT RC-1 for requirements Testing in other areas must reach past RC-1 to RA-1 in order to help CNTT stakeholders. Several OPNFV projects may help using current resources this time Documentation: Jerma Requirements Working Group Assessment Meeting Logistics
Partial list of issues discussed:
Are the Definitions of Gates clear? Testing of the CNTT-selected RC Test Cases projects must pass Gating (s 17) Gates need to be established, install without errors, simple functional tests, success of more advanced features and automated with X-testing Pre-requisites, include Integration TEST project (Morgan in ONAP), test what OPNFV delivers. OPNFV needs to Release and Support tests that are reliable. "Establish" items are the key steps for TSC: Requirements Vetting and Integration Test SCs 10 min Marketing Priorities Update on the evolution of the OPNFV brand, messaging/positioning, and Meld marketing planning 10 min CNTT Engagement status updates CNTT Merger and Meld Team building planned for 25 Sep 2020 Regular operational/TSC meetings announced later today Release Naming - CNTT in 2021? 5 min OVP Engagement status update 5 min Gitlab Pilot Review the pilot plans and timing Expectations: Specific projects move development to GitLab and GitLab-CI for the Jerma release After the release projects report back their experience to the TSC (Jan 19th or 26th) If the TSC decides to not continue using GitLab the projects move back to Gerrit & Jenkins #agree StorPerf may develop code and evaluate GitLab during the Jerma Release 2 min OPNFV Project Reviews Projects: ovn4nfv at future meeting Trevor Cooper Project code being used in Akraino and another project. PTL not responding. Some interest in moving the repo to Akraino
Start new review round at Virtual Technical Meetings, 10 minute talks: sign-up now!
13 Oct 2020 10 min Status Updates OPNFV Linux Foundation Lab (Portland) hardware upgrade status LF IT/Infra update: (Aric Gardner , Trevor Bramwell) 5 min Future Topics Future Topic: new template for staffing task & requirement evaluation - similar to Intern projects Mark Beierl Future Topic: Yardstick's future?? HA test cases. Bottlenecks' Stress test spawns VMs till it breaks in OVP new template concept is on hold Outstanding Action Items IRC Meeting Minutes https://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opnfv-meeting/2020/opnfv_tsc_2020_09_22/opnfv-meeting-opnfv_tsc_2020_09_22.2020-09-22-13.08.html Minutes Meeting Admin Quorum reached IRC Log for minutes. Noted: Date in title is incorrect. Should be 2020-09-15, not 2020-09-20 Minutes Approved Announcements Need volunteers to run OPNFV Weekly Tech Discuss meeting OPNFV Release Process David McBride presents Jerma First milestone in new release process David thanks the TSC Good progress has been made Some confusion around requirements Jerma Release Requirements David suggests the schedule be pushed out by 1 week so a vote can be taken on the requirements 29 Sep 2020 Full TSC meeting next week, 30 minutes for release meeting next week Question does the TSC agree to slip M1 by one week? No objections were raised, #agreed David presented and reviewed https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/SWREL/Projects+Needed+Release+Requirement+Implementation Qiao Fu was unable to hear David easily. David clarified that CIRV (RELREQ-4 and 5) are categorized correctly and Fu Qiao confirmed Al Morton confirms RELREQ-6 is correctly categorized RELREQ-9 is categorized as VSPERF only as well RELREQ-13 will have a follow up meeting with James Gu and Al Morton Marketing Priorities Heather provided update Collecting info from each TSC to find what the 'big stories' are to create messaging OPNFV/CNTT Meld is the big story, so that is where the focus will be Heather called for additional stories Al points out individual projects would want their own highlights Heather confirms business as usual for release highlights, and asks if there are specific highlights from projects, can we do blog posts or whitepapers as well. If so, direct them to Heather or Bob Monkman Al Morton requests 10 minutes to discuss that in 29 Sep 2020 TSC call Mark Beierl suggests GitLab would make a good topic #AGREE, no one may use ideate as word in meetings. This means you, Heather. Heater points out the marketing whiteboard to help gather terms for creating process and search for trademarks https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/MZ/Branding+Whiteboard CNTT Engagement OVP Status Update Lincoln reports no major update Gitlab Pilot Trevor highlighted that with the meld, now is not the time to make a definitive transition StorPerf, while not developing anything new for Jerma, will continue to provide a sample transition to GitLab #agree StorPerf may develop code and evaluate GitLab during the Jerma Release OPNFV Project Reviews Status Updates NICs received, no servers yet Action items
Type your task here. Use "@" to assign a user and "//" to select a due date.